Scoop

I hated myself and was constantly suicidal yet I made people laugh – Lepacious Bose

BellaNaija.com

"For two years I was not menstruating" Lepacious Bose on her Weight Loss Journey

Comedian Lepacious Bose is showing herself love today and we are here for it.

The comedian and actor who has lost a tremendous amount of weight over the last 5 years, shared a photo of herself, saying she was her own WCW. She revealed in an emotional post that the devil had taken 25 years of her life due to her being overweight and dealing with thyroids.

She ended the note by saying she was a warrior and a survivor and we absolutely agree.

She wrote:

So I notice I have never gotten into the WCW thing lol…. I finally decided to crush on ME today.
Don’t get me wrong I am absolutely in love with myself, I love to take pictures and talk about my weight loss experience but that took over 25 years of my life.
The devil stole 25 years of my life due to weight and hypothyroidism. I suffered in silence because no one understood my issues, I didn’t even understand myself.

I hated myself and was constantly suicidal yet I made people laugh (what an irony). I cracked jokes about my weight because it was the only way I knew to look like I didn’t care. Yet I cared!!! Countless times I would have a great performance but drive home in tears, it was a crazy, roller coaster feeling. It was not just the weight it was much more but I could not explain it. I was scared. I would be on stage and have a brain fog and forget a joke right in the middle of delivery, just go blank, and have to come up with stuff on the spur of the moment to cover for the lapse, I started to dread performing. Trust me I have gotten into my car before and took me about 10mins to remember exactly where I was going, I just sat there, tears of frustration rolling down. (One day I will write it all in a book). It’s hard enough to loose weight but to loose weight while having hypothyroidism is almost like fighting demons, I just wanted to sleep and not wake up, why won’t God be kind and do that for me?

I could not sleep unless I was heavily sedated with sleeping pills and could not boot in the morning without a strong cup of coffee…. Am still trying to loose about 20kg, it’s getting harder lol… It’s getting more difficult to say no to things I used to love lol…. It’s been almost 5 years on this crazy but amazing journey, 5 years of pain, tears, frustration, laughter, joy and triumph…. 5years of wanting so badly to Bing on a bowl of ice cream or a bag of malteasers but not giving in. 5 years of dreaming of chease cake lol…. I might dream for a long time. 5 years and a lifetime to go, because I AM WORTH FIGHTING FOR.
MY NAME IS LEPACIOUS BOSE AND I AM A THYROID WARRIOR, A SURVIVOR

1. Ese

December 13, 2017 at 3:50 pm

you ve done great. You conquered your demons too…….you look beautiful

2. John

December 13, 2017 at 4:01 pm

So happy for her, A woman who finally tells herself the bitter truth …some are still living in delusions with fake quotes and calling themselves strong , bold and beautiful( whatever the hell that means)

• Loki

December 13, 2017 at 5:31 pm

Sharap dier my fren! I am strong, bold and beautiful, even if my ass has it’s own zip code, climate and constitution. I tried the whole testicles thing….wasnt a fan.

• Loki

December 13, 2017 at 6:15 pm

*Hypothyroidism. Damn auto correct.

3. John

December 13, 2017 at 5:40 pm

@loki well..I pray diabetes( the no 1 disease that kill delusional, black women like you, google it) doesn’t become your fan or have permanent residence on your ass…So, continue being bold and beautiful…Na you sabi..anyway, something must kill a man…no be so?

• Loki

December 13, 2017 at 6:12 pm

@John, unlike self hating Neanderthals like yourself, I take care of me and my health. Secondly, the ability to recognise sarcasm has been scientifically proven to be a mark of a healthy brain. Your response just proves what we’ve all suspected all along- the lights are not all on upstairs for you. Thirdly, stop talking cram like an uneducated buffoon. This woman just told you her weight was caused by Hyperthyroidism. Lookie here, I’ve spelled it for you so it’s easy for you to Google. I’m kind like that.
      Fourth, there’s actually no one on BN quite as delusional as yourself. You’re borderline schizophrenic. But by all means keep patting yourself on the back for taking one day in your entire school career to actually attend class the day they taught the word “delusional”. We never get tired of hearing that from you. It is your last claim to proving you know a multisyllabic word after all. Why should we take that from you?
      Bloody philistine.

• californiabawlar

December 13, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Loki haff vess!! lmao!

• Funmilola

December 13, 2017 at 7:16 pm

Loki ooo!
      ??

• John

December 13, 2017 at 7:26 pm

1)Secondly, the ability to recognise sarcasm has been scientifically proven to be a mark of a healthy brain……..For your mind now, you are intelligent because of your always poor attempt at humour…..I must have totally hit a nerve for you to drop that your so called ” sarcasm ” and vex like that.. where did your ” healthy brain” goto.. .My friend , stop writing epistle and go and lose weight oo.. continue deceiving yourself with your poor sense of humour..
      ………..
      2) This woman just told you her weight was caused by Hyperthyroidism….I know that and I commended her and say I was happy for her before you jumped on me like a typical fish brain..she lost alot of weight inspite of that..good for her…Now, I wonder what your excuse is ?

• The real dee

December 14, 2017 at 5:31 am

Loki. I just want to say I like you.

• Bleed Blue

December 14, 2017 at 10:23 am

Loki, giiiiiiiiirl, where have you been all my life?

I have an invitation to vibe out at The Jazzhole with your name all over it..

4. Short dude

December 13, 2017 at 5:47 pm

Touching story.

But if u complain of all these, then what will we short guys do? (Lol and there’s no exercise to make us taller)

• Deset

December 13, 2017 at 6:45 pm

Someone is going to love you regardless of your height. Just work on being a good human being and it’ll be alright. Never forget Oshiomole married a babe regardless of his height and looks

• Guy

December 14, 2017 at 8:02 am

Dest, please don’t use Oshiomole as case study. The lady didn’t marry him because he has a good character. She married him for money or maybe she was under a spell (Never underestimate edo jazz) or she’s being threatened by him.

5. John

December 13, 2017 at 7:37 pm

@short dude…They are no health implication to being short or tall…It is how nature created you …you can not do anything about it…but they are alot of health implications for being obese…and saying you are “bold and beautiful “doesn’t cut it..(and if that is not being delusional,I don’t know what is)….That is what I was trying to explain to the obese, fish brains above☝…but she thinks having a sense of humor at her dry jokes is more important…SMH

• Loki

December 13, 2017 at 8:14 pm

It’s alright John, really it is. There, there. Its not so bad! I get that you have nothing of note going on in your life so you gain some self worth from living on a female majority website, trolling women upandan. It’s okay really. Civilisation is built on the backs of the mediocre. Without people like You, we would have died in the Stone Age. If everyone is management, who would be Labour? I feel like we don’t show gratitude enough to people like yourself. So thanks John. Thanks for being a lower form of human being so that the rest of us may thrive. ‘Ugs and kizzez. (in the voice of Falz).

• Wendy

December 13, 2017 at 8:58 pm

Awww… poor lil-dck John is big mad because people like @Loki? Imagine someone as unintelligent as you attempting to psychoanalyze anyone? Haha! This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen… well, next to your illegible writing of cos.
      Oh! and if you had any critical bone in that sack of sht you call a body, you would at least do some research on intelligence in fish before going on and on as to calling women fish brain. As for you, I would say you are dumb as a rock… but even rocks weather differentially, you are just a blob of cosmic mistakes with no single purposeful/redemptive essence.

6. Madam

December 13, 2017 at 8:43 pm

Chai, Loki has finished uncle John!!!
    John – go and hide in shame (foolish, attention seeking, low level boy-cos I know you can never grow to be a man).

Oya, come for me and I’d finish you.

7. John

December 13, 2017 at 8:57 pm

@loki yawnnnn?…another poor attempt at humour..stop trying so hard to be smart and funny..I get that you trying to carve out a niche here as a bad ass,weird ,nonchalent, funny type of girl…but the way you let your guard down to being straightforward insultive like hadiza/wendy shows me that is not the real you… everything about you reminds me of this qoute by lepachious
    ” I hated myself and was constantly suicidal yet I made people laugh (what an irony). I cracked jokes about my weight because it was the only way I knew to look like I didn’t care. Yet I cared!!! Countless times I would have a great performance but drive home in tears”

Secondly, you claim that I that I have nothing of note going on in my life that is why I am here …and yet you are always here with me…I wonder who is deceiving who?.

• The real dee

December 14, 2017 at 5:40 am

Uncle John, it’s ok. Your white girlfriend has burnt the bitter leaf soup, your attention is needed in the kitchen. She must be so lucky to have you, at least she’s not black so she doesn’t deserve to be aborted.

Love, concerned meddlesome interloper.?

8. Annie

December 14, 2017 at 11:11 am

Big Congratulations to you,Bose! You have done so well! You look so beautiful!You are indeed ‘Lepacious’ now! May God strengthen you to achieve the remaining weight loss.
    Pls people,this comment section should only be for congratulatory messages to this strong woman and not for insulting one another.Make her feel good,she deserves it!

9. CHI

December 14, 2017 at 11:50 am

Loki, you shouldn’t have come at John like that. You can’t win with people like that. They are smart in an evil way and can use your own words to hit you were it really hurt the most and damage you psychologically, if you are not careful. And here, I thought you two were actually getting along. I can already see some women hyping you up. You are only digging your grave deeper. Do not listen to them. I agree with Annie. This comment section should only be forcongratulatory messagesto this strong woman andnot for insulting one another.Make her feel good,she deserves it!

• Engoz

December 14, 2017 at 9:24 pm

I absolutely disagree. It is this mentality that allows stupidity to grow wings. Stupidity should be destroyed at first recognition no matter how long it takes. In my experience, the risk of not dealing with stupidity far outweighs the benefit. Being smart means quick witted, I’m wondering how the unintelligent scribbling of that kindergarten comes across as ‘smart’. He’s just silly teenager who needs some parental guidance. The women who responded only gave him the appropriate ‘parental guidance’.