News

“I will remain a friend to Ndigbo” – Buhari

BellaNaija.com

"I would remain a friend to Nd’Igbo" - Buhari - BellaNaija

President Muhammadu Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has described the rumors that he’s against the Igbo people as lies, saying he’ll “remain a friend to Ndigbo,” Punch reports.

President Buhari said this at a special empowerment programme for widows at Ebonyi State, organised by the Chinedu Ogah Foundation, where he was represented by the Executive Director in charge of Administration/Training, Nigeria Television Authority, Steve Egbo.

He said if he hated the Igbo people, he would not have picked Chuba Okadigbo as his running mate in 2003. He said:

All these accusations, permutations are all lies calculated to create bad feelings of Igbo people.

I will remain a friend to Ndi’Igbo. I recall that in 2002, I invited the late Ikemba Chukwuemeka Ojukwu to my hometown of Daura. We discussed about the unity and indivisibility of Nigeria.

In 2003, I picked Dr. Chuba Okadigbo as my running mate in that year’s presidential election. If I hated Nd’Igbo, I wouldn’t have done that.

In 2017, the Federal Government under my leadership commenced work on the Second Niger Bridge following its abandonment by the previous governments all these years.

1. manny

December 27, 2017 at 9:29 pm

O di egwu

2. NG

December 27, 2017 at 9:30 pm

As in Ndigbo cares? No we don’t. You love yourself and your ambition and who/what you can use to actualise your ambition. And, yes, you sure love your folks and will corruptly deploy Nigerian resources to them if we let you.

Igbo land is oil producing and so contributes to national resources, but more importantly, is part of Nigeria and so DESERVES development from the national resources it in fact contributes to.

It is poor understanding of leadership to assume it is a favour to do what you are constitutionally obliged to do. We are not impressed biko.

3. Bey

December 27, 2017 at 11:39 pm

Campaign gimmicks.

4. Dee

December 28, 2017 at 12:03 am

C’mon be quiet! Your rumpled face like friend. Is it the friendship you haven’t done since your military days, you want to start now?
    On behalf of all igbos we reject you.

5. KPỌMKWEM

December 28, 2017 at 1:35 am

WHO IS THIS MAN?

6. wifematerial

December 28, 2017 at 1:49 am

liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!2019 you are gone no coming for you and ur likes. IN SHA ALLAHU

7. BALANCE

December 28, 2017 at 3:25 am

In your own words…….your view of fairness in a so called one Nigeria….“constituencies that gave me 97% cannot in all honesty be treated
    equally, on some issues, with constituencies that gave me 5 %, I think
    these are political realities, while certainly there will be justice for
    everybody, everybody will get his constitutional rights, but while the
    party in constituencies that by their sheer hard work they made sure that
    they got their people to vote and to ensure their votes count, they must
    feel that the government has appreciated the effort they put in putting
    the government in place. I see this as really fair.”

8. Sesan

December 28, 2017 at 8:19 am

If not this is a public lace, I for say this man na oloriburuku

9. Bowl

December 28, 2017 at 8:29 am

Like really ? Come off it abeg ! Nobody is a friend of the Igbos . I have made peace with that fact !

10. NG

December 28, 2017 at 9:05 am

I’m loving how BN is helping strengthen my resolve (resolve? I’ve been dithering!) to enter the social media blogging space by their policing
    policy on posts.
    You’re right ma’am to guard your egg, mine too to be guided by your actions.

11. NG

December 28, 2017 at 9:11 am

Let me make it easy for BN:
    Mr president, I will quote a bible verse to sum up, by analogy which the finality of the verse depicts rather than the similarity of the stories, the average Igbo person’s attitude to relationship with you and your government: “Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin”

12. Dame Marian

December 28, 2017 at 10:27 am

we don’t want your friendship ni………

13. Ese

December 28, 2017 at 12:49 pm

Buhari is not sincere . he s only saying those for the press. Just like the way he treat southerners. He can go ahead and rule Nigeria with his muslim fulani brothers and unleash herdsmen on the Middle belt and Southern people of Nigeria and pretend hes suffering from amnesia ……………He has failed and has no iota of leadership except tribalism and religious fundamentalism and bigotry.

14. Seriously

December 28, 2017 at 4:22 pm

Buhari is a joke. These idiots say stupid campaign gimmicks to get vote when they could care less. Buhari cares about nobody but himself and his sponsors. If they want to be real and serious, stop the marginalization first. Develop Nigeria’s electricity and infrastructure.

15. Maryjane Blogazine

December 28, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Odiegwu! Dalu sir, and we will always be your friends too lol. Long live friendship! Bybye to war/enmity/hate. But Baba I hope you meant what you said sha lol.