News

“I will remain focused to move the country forward” – President Buhari

NAN

"I will remain focused to move the country forward" - President Buhari - BellaNaijaPresident Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday night said he would remain focused in order to restore the lost glory of the country.

Buhari, who made the remark in Kano at a Dinner organised in his honour by Kano State Government, said he would continue to do his best to ensure that the country attains greater heights.

“I will continue to do my best because my problem is Nigeria. Nigeria is my target and I will remain focused to move the country forward,” Buhari said.

He said his administration would continue to accord priority attention to education so as to empower the youth, to enable them contribute their quota toward the development of the country.

“If you educate people, you empower them. So we have to make sacrifice to prepare the youth for the future,” Buhari said.

He expressed happiness over the wonderful reception accorded him and his entourage by the people of the state on their arrival in the state capital.

“I am overwhelmed by the massive turnout of people who left what they were doing to welcome me. This should be a clear message to the opposition.

“The support has been consistent, so I don’t have words to express my appreciation to the people of Kano state.”

See photos from the dinner below:

1. Temi Tope

December 7, 2017 at 11:24 am

Dear Nigerians..

what has this man done for our country since he came to power?? Up to now what has been accomplished?? what has been done for our women, our children, our youth?? in terms of health, education, job opportunities, security?? these are MY QUESTIONS!!!

Nigerians are no fools… we want better things we want to see our country moved forward…. WE DON’T WANT JUST TALKS IN THE AIR..

LET’S BE SERIOUS AND LET US SHOW THESE LEADERS THAT WE DON’T NEED JUST TALKS.. WE WANT THEM TO MEAN IT..
    IT THAT SOMETHING HARD?? YES THEY SHOULD MEAN IT… NOT JUST TALKS.. ACT.. PLEASE,.. WE ARE TIRED..

some of our lost youth were just auctioned as SLAVES…. YES YOU HEARD ME RIGHT… AS SLAVES..

So where do we go from there?? me personally, I am sick and tired of our country’s sickening situation.

2. Cmbo

December 7, 2017 at 12:08 pm

Your best is not good enough. Bye!

3. Wale Vintage

December 7, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Man has lost touch with reality! I would think by now he understands that the country has gotten worse and has become stagnant. He has revealed himself to be a liar, a highly corrupt and hypocritical man. He selects whom to prosecute and divert all funds collected to himself and his cronies. There is no accountability whatsoever. The next election in 2019 will be a very key election – I hope Atiku is able to at the least divide the northern poll and that the rest of the country stands up unifyingly to vote for someone else. Buhari is a MAJOR disappointment!

4. NG

December 7, 2017 at 1:07 pm

Maybe for the NE where the world was directed to march to with economic opportunities, else, from Lagos to Abuja to Port Harcourt, all i see/hear of are shattered lives and businesses.

Bye Mr. clueless.

But then who is going to be the alternative? Will Nigerians/Nigerian systems have the capacity to choose a true enlightened hand that understands and has the capacity to drive 21st century national development?

• Katrina

December 7, 2017 at 2:44 pm

Anybody else. He has lost touch with the people. We are tired. Nothing is working.

5. Tolu

December 7, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Please help a friend out,
    How many percent of my yearly net pay should i use for my house rent?

As for Buhari, your case is different o.

6. NaSo

December 7, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Move which Nigeria? The 90% that voted for u abi? All ur fake ass talk about no medical tourism, time reach u voom….

U belong to d generation that made naija a mess!

7. sharon

December 8, 2017 at 12:00 am

I still don’t understand how he got elected? Maina’s story is a clear case of how corrupt Buhari really is

8. Bb

December 8, 2017 at 1:58 am

The actual audacity! You are four years too late with this statement sir! Goodbye and good riddance!

If we keep changing hands between APC and PDP each election this country will never ever progress. Same product different label on the tin.
    It’s unfortunate that the election is next year and no new, prominent, fresh faced party with fresh ideas has emerged.
    Truly a sad case with a country so full of highly intelligent and promising individuals.

9. Smackdown

December 8, 2017 at 3:56 am

Abeg go and rest sir, we will take it from here.