News

Exit Door falls off Dana Airplane upon Touchdown

BellaNaija.com

The exit door of an airplane belonging to Dana Air fell off upon touchdown.

Ola Orekunrin of Flying Doctors Nigeria on her Twitter shared a photo of the aircraft with its door absent.

Flew Dana. Exit door was unstable throughout the flight. As we touched down it fell off. Scary stuff.

The door had been unstable all through the flight, rattling. She had believed it was only a loose screw, she wrote.

However, upon touchdown, the door fell off.

Lagos Airport, responding to the tweet, wrote that “it may appear” to be an issue with the door trim panel, but the main door remains secure.

Good morning Ola. It may appear to be an issue with the door trim panel but the main door remains secure. @DanaAir hereby Cc

See photos of the aircraft below.

Photo Credit: @NaijaFlyingDr, @DapoSanwo

1. Anonymous

February 7, 2018 at 12:35 pm

One of the biggest miracles (all thanks to God Almighty) in the aviation industry is how we have not recorded more AIR CRASHES!!

I’ll never get over our habit of cutting corners especially at the expense of human lives!
    What does it cost to maintain a plane! Is the cost more than that of a human life! Imagine that happening mid-air?!!

Honestly…….. I can’t deal…….
    My goodness!!!

2. Xplorenollywood.com

February 7, 2018 at 1:17 pm

I am surprised as well. And in response Lagos Airport says “it may appear” to be an issue with the door trim panel, but the main door remains secure”! How does this image show a panel??? The whole door is off!

• thegreengooner

February 7, 2018 at 1:23 pm

Look closely, the door is still there…just that the ‘transparent’ panel is missing….highly unlikely that it would falloff mid-flight due to the cabin pressure at 24,000 feet

3. Beekay

February 7, 2018 at 2:38 pm

It’s until a “big wig” is involved that is when FAAN and other aviation body will take airsafety seriously. In the meantime, lets not keep quiet. Raise alarm anytime you spot an irregularity.

4. Gorgeous

February 7, 2018 at 2:38 pm

This DANA AIR again ? Lord please protect your Children because this might have been another gist altogether if the aircraft was still on air.

5. Sarah

February 7, 2018 at 2:53 pm

Amazed that people still fly with Dana Airlines after that last air crash where many lives were lost. Nigerians are indeed resilient. In the western world, this airline would have been boycotted tete.

• Uzoma

February 8, 2018 at 9:33 am

I lost the small confidence I had for Dana Air when they partnered with Imo state government to scam the people of Imo state with “Imo Air”. Airline business, like medical practice, requires high ethical and moral standards. How can people trust you with their lives when you have zero integrity?

6. Mama

February 7, 2018 at 3:03 pm

Seriously, call me wierd, but I feel a lot safer traveling by road in Nigeria than air. I don’t trust any of the airlines; none! Thank God for them.

7. Sora Tulip Fruit Carving

February 7, 2018 at 3:06 pm

On a flight from Warri to Lagos, the pilot’s window had duct tape all over it. It was Arik

8. Elise1

February 7, 2018 at 3:09 pm

I never trusted this airline

9. Anu

February 7, 2018 at 5:34 pm

Just when I think that nothing can surprise me in Nigeria then this happens. This is a clear case of gross negligence. Why can’t anything function properly in this country?

10. Student

February 7, 2018 at 6:11 pm

Lol…taking into consideration that we are talking about a Nigerian airline, I believe there is a door but we can’t see it (Invisible doors are probably the latest development to protect against invisible forces!)…they go soon produce a full report! rubbish!

11. Ekoatheist

February 8, 2018 at 2:35 am

God is not going to save you fools because he doesn’t exist. Your stupidity however is as real as it gets.

• Abk

February 8, 2018 at 6:59 am

Smh ?‍♀️

• Me

February 8, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Oh wow! I had to leave a comment for you. I completely understand you saying there’s no God, a lot of us have been down that road. However, dear Ekoatheist, there is a God! seek him and you ll find him. He loves you. Loves us all. He’s compassionate and answers prayers. The peace alone that one gets from having a relationship is enough proof that there is a God. My short epistle has probably not convinced you that there’s one. I challenge you to seek him, I promise you that he ll prove himself mightily. I love you.