Style

Lupita Nyong’o designed the Gorgeous Dress her Mother wore for the Black Panther World Premiere

BellaNaija Style

We all know Lupita Nyong’o to be one stylish celebrity, however, the actress can now add “designer” to her already impressive resume.

The Black Panther star who attended the World Premiere of the movie in Los Angeles in a breathtaking purple dress and a stunning updo, alongside her mother, has revealed that she also designed the dress her mummy wore.

She shared a photo of herself and her mother to show off her work:

My mummy looked so pretty at the @blackpanther premiere! @kutulaand I designed her dress. #humblebrag#BlackPanther

The gorgeous dress was composed of an Ankara long-sleeve collared top with a periwinkle pink and blue skirt with floral design.

1. Temi Tope

February 1, 2018 at 6:56 pm

Nothing unsual!! In Africa we are all designers and stylists.. We all draw our outfits.. gowns, garas.. and give it to the tailors to sew it… I do it all the time , especially when I m in Accra or Dakar..

• olorire

February 1, 2018 at 8:37 pm

#gbam

• Vera

February 1, 2018 at 10:14 pm

ah but she did not say it was unusual. Merely stating the fact that she did
      why do some of us have this attitude

• Ottawa Queen

February 2, 2018 at 4:32 am

Loool! @Vera, In other words, Temi is tryna say it aint news! (drops mic)

2. Ada_ugo

February 1, 2018 at 10:04 pm

Wow, all this while and I never realised my conversations with the tailor meant I too was a designer ***Runs off to update my Resume***

3. Naturallyziny

February 2, 2018 at 1:06 pm

If i talk now, they will say….. Ziny has come again. let me shut up and go my way.

4. stone

February 2, 2018 at 5:51 pm

I will talk…… The most disgusting dress ever seen on the red carpet. This girl should go and sit somewhere and concentrate on her acting which by the way is totally overhyped. The only reason why she’s so sucessful is because white Hollywood is enthralled at seeing a black African girl who’s gone to Yale. Imagine her being descibed as beautiful????? Where in the world will anybody with African blood in them ever describe Lupita as beautiful? Abeg, let her go and sit somewhere.

• mi

February 2, 2018 at 8:01 pm

You tried it! she is beautiful.

5. Letty

February 3, 2018 at 2:13 pm

She has the stereotypical looks whities want african women to have. The best thing about her is that she’s well educated the acting part is a tad overhyped

6. Fey

February 3, 2018 at 2:48 pm

I have full african blood and I’m a kpako, lived in Nigeria my whole life, never been anywhere. Lupita is beautiful