Scoop

VJ K’Ola details how she was harassed by 2 strangers in Lekki

BellaNaija.com

VJ K'Ola details harassment faced in the hands of strangers

Nigerian Presenter, actress & model Kudiratu Olayinka popularly known as K’Ola detailed a case of harassment she was subjected to by two men at The Place restaurant in Lekki.

She claimed that the two of them touched her buttocks and pretended as if nothing happened even after she had reported to the restaurant security.

She revealed that DJ Spinall had to step in to handle the situation. She wrote:

I woke up this morning still upset about what took place last night. We used to raise men, but now-a-days there seems to be more “animals” roaming the streets. I want to say that I was shocked by the actions of those two “animals,” or by the bystanders, or by the staff and security of @theplacelekki who said and did nothing; but I wasn’t. I wasn’t even shocked by the females who were there laughing and telling me that “what is small pressing yansh?” We as Nigerians have become so numb to the injustice and harassment that befalls woman everyday in this country. Even when it is directly in our face we laugh it off or shift blame. Thanks to the few good men like @djspinall and @luskimayana that we still have left. Nigerians have to do better. I don’t know these “animals” at all, but they thought it was their “right” to grab my ass. It was not, but it is my right to speak up. As it is every woman’s right. Don’t let their ignorance silence you. #KOlaKronicles#Kueening#JourneyToHappy

Watch the video below:

Photo Credit: Instagram – @reelkola

1. Meee

February 8, 2018 at 9:52 pm

So annoying. Why are they now trying to hide their faces? Stupid boys

2. sherri

February 8, 2018 at 10:35 pm

I am so glad you stood up for yourself.

3. Me

February 9, 2018 at 5:53 am

I’m so pained reading this

4. Nky

February 9, 2018 at 8:33 am

The amount of harassment women go through in public is appalling. Security man and everyone who can publicly lend a voice will turn a blind eye laughing sheepishly. This is sad.

5. Ec

February 9, 2018 at 10:54 am

Yes. As a woman I am proud that she stood of for herself. You know sometimes when this happens you actually freeze. I know it has happened to me. It a a case that you can’t wrap your head around the fact that someone just touched you inappropriately

6. Jummy

February 9, 2018 at 11:02 am

To think she would have been probably insulted and even assaulted more if DJ Spinall and the other guy weren’t there makes me shudder.

7. Jua

February 9, 2018 at 12:00 pm

What took place here is not called Harassment , but sexual harassment. We are fortunate in SA that its acknowledge as a sexual offence.
    Good for you lady! stand up for yourself