Scoop

#BBNaija’s Khloe gets a Surprise New Car from Footballer Obafemi Martins

BellaNaija.com

It’s a great way to end the week for Big Brother Naija 2018 housemate, Khloe, as she has been gifted a new car.

According to her, she got a lovely surprise of a new car from Nigerian footballer Obafemi Martins yesterday. She shared the exciting moment on Instagram.

She wrote:

This time yesterday I borrowed my brother’s car to my event because my (now former) car is a mess and dead. He was feeling reluctant to give me his keys and I said “Ayo pls, I’ll soon buy a car and it won’t be the nonsense I’ve been having “ he laughed and said ok madam scammer ( that’s what my family calls me cos I always scam them lol). I rushed back to drop the car and cut off my fun.

Got a call from the KING of football @obagoal that I should come and see something. Behold God used him to bless me with this new baby .. Lord. Today I pray for this man that may he never know sadness, Downfall, disabilities. Sorrow in life .. may God always surprise him and his family. I’m grateful.
P.S — never been surprised before, this one hook me “

See the car below.

1. Chizon

September 28, 2018 at 9:50 am

Congrats oooo. Pray someone would surprise me like this with a job (not car…lol).

• Californiabawlar

September 28, 2018 at 3:12 pm

I love that you have your priorities straight!

So what do you do?

I don’t have a job for you but hey you’ll never know!

2. DatEnuguChic

September 28, 2018 at 10:20 am

Isorait.

3. Ijebujesha

September 28, 2018 at 1:43 pm

He is well over 30, past his prime football years and he is buying a new car for her. Unless you intend marrying her, this is a very stupid move at this stage of your career. Slow down on the clubbing and socializing and start thinking and working about how to build lasting wealth from your football earnings that is coming to a close. I tell you this from a place of love, as a big fan in your hay-days.

• Akpeno

September 28, 2018 at 5:17 pm

How do you know he hasn’t already made business investments for his future… Unless you’re his personal assistant or banker, you have no idea…

• Mark

September 28, 2018 at 5:52 pm

You clearly are deliberately ignorant and incredibly delusional. The fact that you see pictures of Obafemi Martins at clubs or social gatherings doesn’t imply that’s the totality of what he does on a day-to-day. Do you know him personally? Do you know him beyond IG? Do you know of his companies and investments he has in Nigeria and Europe? Yes he’s past his prime in football but he’s doing just fine at this stage in his life with his business ventures. In case you don’t know, smart footballers people transition into other things to keep the momentum of their net worth steady and right were it should be. Why does gifts have to translate to intention to marry or quest for a relationship? The bar is sadly so low in Nigeria. Please do everything you can in this lifetime to be oblivious to being as excellent example of a myopic human being. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ********Exclamation for emphasis.********

• 9ja

September 29, 2018 at 1:12 am

@Ijebu, abegi take your negativity, jealously and haterade elsewhere…

Oba Martins only recently donated 200 wheel chairs, 3,240 crutches, 100 baby courts, 60 hospital beds, 13 electric wheelchairs and 3200 blind sticks to the Lagos State government, so he is NOT just “clubbing and socializing”. Nevertheless, are you Oba’s asset manager or financial planner? How do you know what he may have earned and/or invested in, or how much he may have squirreled away in a retirement account? It is frankly irritating how so many Nigerians are always quick to arrogate to themselves the right to foist their unsolicited ‘advise’ on others regarding what to do with their own hard-earned income. It’s his money, and if he derives happiness and self-fulfillment from making others less fortunate happy, then my adice would be for you to take your unsolicited counsel and shove it right up your kind place. SMH

• Ajala & Foodie

September 29, 2018 at 8:35 am

While I do not know Obafemi Martin. I get where ijebujesha is coming from. I remember when Rashidi Yekini was ill and was begging for money for treatment. Many were saying the Country did him a disservice, yet, forgetting that in his glory days while people like Akpena and Mark were making comments like the ones above. Dude was obviously not investing wisely. That we don’t personally know someone does not negate the message in a basic simple sense message. If he is saving and properly investing then he will understand that while the message is not lost on him, he can waka pass with peace of mind. Your pastor or Imam or priest does not have to know you personally to give a sermon in your place of worship or do you go there thinking you don’t know what I am doing at home and get all defensive? Ijebujesha used IF. The point us is we don’t want stories that touch in the future. We know the way our country is set up. Sidon look is our motto in circumstances like this. The most you will get is prayers.

• 9ja

October 1, 2018 at 1:26 am

@Ajala, I think you should really re-read Ijebu’s post.

There was no “if” and it was most definitely not a generalized “simple basic message”. Please do not try to clean up what was a mean-spirited personal attack. Meanwhile, for every Rashidi Yekini there is a Segun Odegbami and so many others. Life is like a box of chocolates.

4. Ajala & Foodie

September 29, 2018 at 2:51 pm

Dear BN, so you considered my above spiel ok but my comment on the “suffering and smiling post” i.e the one on “Why you should endure that stressful job” was not? I am actually very curious on what passes muster with una? Is it because I disagreed with the author? It looks like all you guys want are “yes ma’am’ ‘yessir’ people.