Scoop

Must Watch Trailer! Zack Orji, Sani Danja, Yakubu Mohammed star in Omoni Oboli’s ‘Wings of a Dove’

BellaNaija.com

Actress and filmmaker Omoni Oboli has released the official trailer for her new film titled ‘Wings of a Dove‘.

The movie is an emotionally charged story of two young Northern girls who are married off to much older men at the age of 13/14 when all they want is freedom to be children.

It takes you on an emotional roller coaster of the loss of childhood innocence, the consequences of being in a forced, arranged marriage and the hopes and dreams of a future that is stolen from them.

Wings of a Dove stars  Zack Orji, Sani Danja, Yakubu Mohammed, Omoni Oboli, Amal Umar, Martha Felix and more.

Watch:

1. Rukkah Mohammed

September 10, 2018 at 11:56 am

I believe this will be a very beautiful movie , addressing our issues in the north. Unfortunately for our muslim women, we fail to learn the teachings of islam and accept whatever the selfish men of our society define for us. These selfish men pick just parts of the quran and hadith and dwell on it.

I am a muslim, a northerner and proud. I am on my second degree studying law, together with my islamic education i believe and know islam my beautiful religion has favoured me over a man. I WILL URGE MY MUSLIM SISTERS TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RIGHTS ISLAM HAS GIVEN THEM. My dad didn’t have any formal education but believes more in educating a girl child as compared to my mum who is an O’level graduate and she can read and write.
    I believe orientation matters a lot and we have to leave this world a better place for the future generation to come in shaa Allah.

I am in my late twenties, I know I will settle down someday and have a family but it is not a priority for now. My work as an accountant, my small business on the side and my second degree ( I opted for law, to equip me with the skills and knowledge needed to help my muslim sisters) are my topmost priorities for now so help me Allah. Amiin.

• Dayo

September 11, 2018 at 4:34 am

@Rukkah, accountancy and law? @by_stander in 4,3,2,1…

Meanwhile, more power to you sis!

2. Oma

September 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm

Wow!!

Looks like a short trailer. I shed a year while watching this

3. Oma

September 10, 2018 at 12:25 pm

Wow!!

Looks like a short documentary. Shed a tear while watching this ?

4. yes maam

September 10, 2018 at 6:03 pm

What I loved about when African American films were having a breakthrough moment at Oscars, Golden Globe in the past two years was the solidarity and the way they were championing each other and having those group photos that just showed mega squad goals plus genuine excitement at their respective success. I notice with much sadness that the Nigerian women at TIFF ironically all giving speeches about being their for women are not championing each other. Where are the photos of Omoni [ a TIFF ambassador] at Genevieve’s premiere or Somkele? We will all re tweeting each time Issa Rae or Ava Duvernay hits a milestone but the silence and group energy here , even from the cast and crew of Lionheart, speaks volumes.

• Simon Says

September 10, 2018 at 11:14 pm

Just because you don’t see group pictures doesn’t mean there’s no support. Industry people congratulate each other and support each other all the time without it being on camera. Not everything is put on social media. Nollywood likes to overhype itself and the less than stellar movies are the ones that make a lot of noise to “anticipate” them. Perhaps the cast and crew of Lionheart want the film to speak for itself without them making noise about it. The Netflix deal already speaks to that. If that isn’t a big deal already I don’t know what is.

• yes maam

September 11, 2018 at 11:05 pm

Keep telling yourself that…. I was in the crew. I am definitely not waiting for the film to speak for itself. Coz it has little to say. I am not sure fans of Lionheart can claim Nollywood overhypes when it has pretty much done that. with that ‘Netflix’ deal announcement 🙂 #needtoknowbasis

• George Besong

September 20, 2018 at 8:17 pm

better stop hating .your so bitter. such hatred is not Good for humanity. the world doesnt need people like you

• dainty

September 11, 2018 at 10:30 pm

How many people does Genevieve support though? These things are give and take.. Did she invite Omoni or Somkele?