News

OAP Tosyn Bucknor Passes On ?

BellaNaija.com

New Media Conference

Tosyn Bucknor

A terrible news to hear today: OAP with Inspiration FM, Oluwatosin “Tosyn” Bucknor has passed on.

According to TheCable, Tosyn was found dead by her husband Aurelien Boyer when he arrived from work Monday night.

Onome Obruther, Tosyn’s brother-in-law and husband of her sister Funke Bucknor-Obruthe, confirmed her passing to TheCable.

Tosyn was born with sickle cell anaemia and was a graduate of law from the University of Lagos.

1. sandz

November 20, 2018 at 9:56 am

heartbreaking 🙁

• FLeur

November 20, 2018 at 2:59 pm

THis is really tragic. I remember her wedding to her cutesy French man. Her sister pulled out all the bells and whistles for her. THis is unfortunate. Did she try a cure for her sickle cell? I have a friend whose son did the bone marrow transplant and is cured. Did she try this? I know I am asking this after the fact but if nothing else, let her death not be in vain. THere should be national discourse and investment from our government in these types of issues. The burden of this disease in Nigeria is not trivial. It is a really debilitating disease for those who have to live with it.

2. lami

November 20, 2018 at 10:19 am

Sad, Rest in peace Tosyn

3. hero

November 20, 2018 at 10:28 am

What…. this is heartbreaking. What a kind woman… Nigerian radio will not be the same. What a talent lost. Rest well Tosyn. you are already missed

4. ThatGhanaChick

November 20, 2018 at 10:33 am

Aww may Her soul RIP….

5. Asa

November 20, 2018 at 10:35 am

Oh no! This is so so sad! A human being is a human being with goals, dreams and aspirations. sickle cell doesn’t make anyone less human or make anyone’s death more acceptable. She had loved ones too, people whose lives she touched. It is very painful.

I am saying this for all those who might want to think her death is less tragic because she is a sickle cell warrior.

• Jummy

November 20, 2018 at 1:33 pm

But who is going to think that?

• Asa

November 30, 2018 at 10:17 am

Hi Jummy, please I speak from a place of experience. I saw one death of a sickle cell warrior waved off and described as “expected”. It shocked me to no end.

• FLeur

November 20, 2018 at 3:00 pm

Death is death.

6. Bobo

November 20, 2018 at 10:39 am

::( RIP

7. Abrafi

November 20, 2018 at 10:41 am

Oh dear! ?? This is beyond sad.

8. Anonymous

November 20, 2018 at 10:45 am

Sad,sad news. May her soul Rest In Peace and May God comfort her loved ones in Jesus Name. Please if you can afford it, they now have a string of success stories of bone marrow transplant reversing this terrible disease.

If you can afford it for your loved one, take advantage of it and come and do it in the us.Ma God comfort her husband,children,parents,siblings and friends in Jesus Name. Such a brilliant and creative mind! Terrible news

9. didi

November 20, 2018 at 10:50 am

Do you know jesus? Thats all that will count when your time is up. Do you have a relationship with JESUS CHRIST, or you are just one of those religious christians? Like it or believe it not one day everyone will leave this world either through death or the second coming of christ. My dear JESUS loves you and wants to secure a beautiful life for you now and future eternal. Accept him as your saviour and start a relationship with him, you are loved.

• Ekoatheist

November 20, 2018 at 12:42 pm

SHUT THE FUCK UP! Someone just died, keep your religion to yourself, don’t use this as an opportunity to preach your self righteous BULL!

RIP TOYSIN

• Cocoa

November 21, 2018 at 12:10 am

Ekoatheist

One day you will remember this comment ….and you will either be weeping bitterly or rejoicing. I pray for your sake it will be the latter. AMEN.

• Sunshine

November 21, 2018 at 12:23 pm

You are a fool, just like you can open your atheist mouth to comment, we all can. Follow follow wannabe European fool

• Tunde M

November 20, 2018 at 8:10 pm

@didi While i appreciate & thank you for your comment and i further encourage every reader to accept it. i will advise that as christ ambassadors we should be more sensitive to the sobriety of this article and at least mention the deceased.
      RIP Tosin Bucknor. I served with you at nwamgbamtai rivers state 03/04 & the coversation i shared with you keep echoing in my head.

10. SoniaPaloma

November 20, 2018 at 11:02 am

Oh my God. This is sooooo sad. Jesus!!!
    Please give the family the strength to push through

11. larz

November 20, 2018 at 11:15 am

Oh wow. What did I just read. So young and unexpected, May her soul rest in peace,

12. Mimimay

November 20, 2018 at 11:30 am

RIPP Beautiful soul.

13. Nana

November 20, 2018 at 11:37 am

May her soul rest in perfect peace x

14. Ceejay

November 20, 2018 at 11:50 am

Na wa ooo …may her soul rest in peace.

15. mowunmi

November 20, 2018 at 12:37 pm

This write up is all shades of wrong. BN, you can so much better than this. There was more to Tosin than just sickle cell anaemia. How about mentioning her achievements, her personality?? She was eclectic, full of excitement,you could feel her positive vibes from a distance. She was intelligent, strong willed, funny with a good heart. It was always a pleasing to hear her voice on radio.
    I’m sure your reporters would have interacted with her on a number of occasions.
    Please write like you’re trying to honor her and not like you were forced to. This is lazy!

Rest in peace Tosin. ??

16. Someonecute

November 20, 2018 at 2:13 pm

So sad….. She made radio so fun. I remember her in top radio then

17. Uceeee

November 20, 2018 at 2:28 pm

So sad! May her soul rest in peace, Amen

18. Anon

November 20, 2018 at 3:02 pm

Pleasant Tosin. May your soul rest in peace. Amen. Extremely sad.

19. Cynical

November 20, 2018 at 3:13 pm

This news really saddened me. Though I don’t know Tosyn or have never listened to her on radio,I followed her wedding, know her sister via her work. I know what it feels like to loose a loved one and I really pray that God is with her family at this time. May your soul rest in peace my dear. So sad. All her dreams just cut short….. I feel bad today.

20. Sjl

November 20, 2018 at 3:42 pm

RIP. She has such a bubbly and vivacious personality. You may be dead but I thank God you truly lived.

21. Evang

November 20, 2018 at 5:04 pm

So sad to hear this. May God comfort and strengthen her loved ones in Jesus name Amen. Gone way too soon!

22. DK

November 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm

The news of her passing is too painful. I pray her family, (especially husband) and friends are comforted in this time.

23. Nneka

November 20, 2018 at 8:26 pm

Painful painful news.
    You’ve done your bit, Tosyne. And your bit was more than enough.
    Rest in peace, vibrant one.

🙁

24. Bimbola

November 20, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Oluwatosin Bucknor.. Your voice on the radio…. I don’t even know what to say.. You’re were such an amazing talent, how can I forget the memories at Top Radio… Anyways Rest in Peace. I won’t frown my face again

25. Temi Tope

November 20, 2018 at 8:37 pm

RIP! Very sad.. this is our last journey. May God the Glory be with you.

26. Dayo

November 20, 2018 at 11:29 pm

Rest in peace. Condolences and prayers to her family…

27. Cocoa

November 21, 2018 at 12:21 am

People do not die. Their soul continues on…she only left earth. She is still alive.

1Thessalonians 4:13:
    “My friends, we want you to understand how it will be for those followers who are asleep. Then you won’t grieve over them and be like people who don’t have any hope.”

28. Mrs chidukane

November 21, 2018 at 6:03 pm

Very sad news. Rest in peace dear one.

29. Me

November 21, 2018 at 6:39 pm

I lost my sister to sickle cell complications this year and while I was just tweeting through the pain, Tosyn reached out to me in my DMs to offer her condolences, I have never met her before, she seemed like such a sweet soul.
    Keep resting in peace like the warrior that you are and may God grant your loved ones the strength to bear this loss. Amen!