The Anzisha Prize is a partnership between African Leadership Academy and Mastercard Foundation that seeks to fundamentally and significantly increase the number of job generative entrepreneurs in Africa.
The prize aims at identifying, training and connecting high potential, young entrepreneurs between the ages of 15 and 22, so that many more organisations have better collective success in creating a pipeline of entrepreneurs with the capabilities for scale.
The grand prize winner gets 25 thousand dollars, the first runner up, $15,000 while the second runner up wins $12,500. The application closes 12am on Sunday, 31st March.
See eligibility criteria below:
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before November 1, 1996 or after October 31, 2004 will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Your business must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! You have time to get started now and have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started up the project together)
Download the application guide here.
Click here to apply.