Style Sighting: Double Action! Solange Knowles & Leelee Sobieski in Maki Oh

Well, What do we have here? It is another style sighting! Musician and DJ Solange Knowles was spotted in a Maki Oh blouse from the A/W 12 collection at the Salvatore Ferragamo Fifth Avenue store re-opening last week. In the same week, Indie actress Leelee Sobieski attended the Paley Center For Media Presents New York premiere for TV series ‘NYC 22′ in a Maki Oh dress from the labels S/S 12 collection.

Check on it!

Solange Knowles in Maki Oh A/W 12

Leelee Sobieski in Maki Oh S/S 12

Great week for Maki Oh!

Which Maki Oh piece do you prefer? Let us know.

24 Comments on Style Sighting: Double Action! Solange Knowles & Leelee Sobieski in Maki Oh
  • Zee April 16, 2012 at 11:39 pm

Oroma Elewa and Maryam Nasir Zadeh have also been spotted in Maki Oh. Click on this link for more pictures http://uberchicmichi.blogspot.com/

• jane April 16, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Idont like what the pics look like plus they are badli styled. But,kudos to maki o!!! Designer toh badt!

• Yeoal April 16, 2012 at 11:51 pm

Nigerian and indeed African designers are beginning to get the recognition they deserve internationally.

Checkout some international stars wearing creations by African designers here….

• Nkechi April 16, 2012 at 11:57 pm

I like Solange look she looks Gorgeous very versatile and exciting. I am going to copy this look and create my own color blocking. Indeed a great week for Maki-Oh this is good press for her Brand having major international superstars wear her clothes already.

• chikezie April 17, 2012 at 12:17 am

I love Lee Sobieski to death!

• allen April 17, 2012 at 12:40 am

awwww….congrats!!

• BP April 17, 2012 at 2:10 am
  • Joy April 17, 2012 at 2:55 am

I knew maki oh will make it world wide, congrats to her !

• Priscillia April 17, 2012 at 10:08 am

solange looks awful tho

• kimbim April 17, 2012 at 11:41 am

trendy stuffs, lurv solange she’s got great style,her colour block combo is very lovely!!!

• non professional opinion April 17, 2012 at 1:01 pm

I think Maki oh is the nigerian designer currently with the best chance of making it internationally. And when I say making it I dont mean empty press and pr, but actual clothes in stores for sale. Best of luck!

• Titi April 17, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I honestly disagree. Jewel by Lisa has already made it internationally. Incidentally, solange was ya bed for this outfit in the press!

• non professional opinion April 17, 2012 at 5:00 pm

I think we are looking at it from different perspectives. Jbl has recieved excellent international press by being savvy enough to sign up with a foreign pr agency (edite ny), who place their clothes in magazines and on celebrities, but with the exception of african owned stores and websites its still difficult to find jbl for sale anywhere, and as a designer sales should be where you measure success unless you are on some massive ego trip. I think Maki Oh will be more commercial in the west because her pieces fit in better with the landscape over there. Either way I wish all african brands who are putting in the graft to stay relevant at home and abroad, all the success in the world.

• aj April 17, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Yeah I know right? Duro Olowu too is doing very great so idk what d other person is saying…thank you very much!!!

• Onyi35 April 17, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Yes I have to agree with this one. She can appeals to many audiences and not only ankara wearing, or “African movement” going on now abroad which isn’t always going to be there might faze out like all trends. Makioh can blend and at the same time stand out with any designer in the international market with her unique styles. I see her in different type of stores worldwide worn by black, purple, red yellow or white ppl lol i mean ferragamo is a major label to be worn with maki BIG moves

• tina April 17, 2012 at 2:08 pm

naijas and bragging rights. na wa oh

• Simya April 17, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Bragging rights? Sorry, what are you saying?

• Marian April 18, 2012 at 5:39 pm

Loved hearing this news. Not one inch surprised as Maki-Oh is the real deal.
    Congrats to the designer, she is a talent to continue watching.
    Another fab post Bella Naija.
    Glam kisses,
    Marian.

• iamfascinating April 19, 2012 at 6:49 am
  • lola April 19, 2012 at 10:00 am

Solange looks like an eye sore in that outfit, i know bright colours are in this season, but an explosion of colours will give anyone a miagrine, that said i have nothing against Solange i guess she was just caught in a bad outfit

• Janded April 19, 2012 at 6:54 pm

Lol ya’ll

• thenigerianexperience April 23, 2012 at 4:41 pm

@Lola i totally agree..the colors are a miss to me. Solange usually looks banging these days but today…..its a no no for me. But hey….im no fashion guru.