The 2012 Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) took place in Lagos this weekend!
As BN revealed, Majid Michel and Rita Dominic won the top performance awards while “Adesuwa” stood out amongst the films.

The red carpet was a mixed affair. While some people got the memo that this is the biggest movie awards ceremony on the African continent, others looked like they lost their way from the club…BN is tempted to do a “Seriously you wore THAT to the AMAAs?!” post. Let us know if we should do it.

Kudos to the organizers of the event for a stellar awards ceremony! Here are our Top 12 standout looks from the red carpet. From haute (Nse Ikem Etim) to super sweet (Rita Dominic and Terry Pheto) and then majorly eye-popping (Yvonne Okoro)….
Check on it.

BN Red Carpet Fab – 2012 Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) – 12 Standout Looks

Nse Ikpe Etim

Funmi Iyanda

Rita Dominic

Terry Pheto

Yvonne Okoro

Eku Edewor

Moyo Lawal

Thelma Okoduwa-Ojiji

Jimmy Jean-Louis

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
AMAA 2012 Red Carpet

Ndidi Obioha

Adebola Williams & Isio Wanogho

Celine Loader

Moet Abebe

Ivie Okujaye

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi | Tyna Ezenma | Ghana Celebrities

216 Comments on BN Red Carpet Fab: 2012 Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) | BN Picks 12 Standout Looks
  • peju April 24, 2012 at 6:50 am

everyone looks nice except for morris chestnuts suit that looks too big for him! dude looks very broke :(

• The Kinskter April 24, 2012 at 7:48 am

He looked like a stump and very boring.

• Austine Da Whizchap April 24, 2012 at 7:53 am

Dont Mind Him ooo! He is Not As Big A-Class As Will Smith, Still He Dey Complain Say Eko Suites No Suit Am. No Be Him Fault…..Na AMAA Wey Invite Am O. Anyway, All Look Great….Except For Some Sha, Who Too Over Dress. Big Ups BN!

• omo April 24, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Hehehehe…Morris Chestnut looks so out of place with that over sized suit..Still my guy thogh

• sparkles April 25, 2012 at 4:48 am

Eko for Economy! lol

• OmoBolanle April 24, 2012 at 6:54 am

There are too many ppl I would like to address but my main question goes to Uche, what in the world were you thinking?

• Berry Choco Latte April 24, 2012 at 8:18 am

My thought exactly! Her pants were tight – no good

• mekhi phifa April 24, 2012 at 11:25 am

O yes! My 1st culprit na Uche Jumbo; Uchenna nwa m ala anapu-gi?
        2) Yvonne Okoro nne ara-gi nkaa (dt breast chai)…!
        3) Nneka d pretty serpent still glowing but eem dt gown 4don go down well
        4) Isaiah Washington nwa nnem nwoke thank u for wearing dt kaftan U stand out n but eem U look every inch IBO.
        5) Kate Henshaw ds ur new look I bet 2disagree
        6) Uti n his look alike wats dt supoz 2mean?
        7) Where is Genny?

• Ginika April 24, 2012 at 8:26 am

Ehen, BN, May I use this opportunity to say puleeeease bring back the: “SERIOUSLY YOU WORE THAT TO THE AMAAs?”.

I feel like slapping some people, on some: “DOnt you EVER, do that again” kinda slap.

• Monique April 24, 2012 at 10:32 am

like srzly,same question i’ve been wanting 2 ask!

• Vicky April 24, 2012 at 10:33 am

Na wa o..what was she thinking,yellow for women with hips,it a no for me.

• Mokie April 24, 2012 at 10:30 pm

My question exactly.

• Commy April 24, 2012 at 6:56 am

Nice

• Ginika April 24, 2012 at 8:31 am

sorry to jump on board your comment, commy.

I must say Nse Ikpe’s outfit just shouted: DIVA! I mean she rocked that frock. I love the hairdo, the outfit and the pizzazz she oozed. She looked like a movie star.
      A few more yes’es were:
      1. Terry Pheto
      2. Eku Edewor (I love this gown)
      3. Moyo lawal
      4. Kate Henshaw
      5. Venessa Banigo
      6. Tiwa Savage (Although a nice clutch would have been nice)
      etc

• jane April 24, 2012 at 6:59 am

Ttiwa savage dznt av a stylist anyymre? Nwocha dress on d 1st lady in d pictru is dayummm! Who invited Dencia!!! Finally,Jumai shaba noo stylist? Ur hair is a haute mess! Adebola gt urslf a new fitted suit ok? I’m out:)

• Myhairmybeauty April 24, 2012 at 7:13 am

Lovvvvveeeeee Isaiah Washington and Nse!

OMG “Nneka” is still gorgeous!!!

• Nk April 24, 2012 at 9:37 am

My thought exactly!….. That’s what I call *CLASS*

• birdieblue April 24, 2012 at 7:15 am

I feel like movie academy awards are more like a black tie event… That being said my fave looks are nse, eku, leila (wish it was more fitted),muka (a nice twist to a gown) and jumai shaba (although I wish there was some sort of colour splash even if it was just her lips), oo and lydia farson although wish it was more cinched at the waist. Everyone else is either too casual, boring or stupidly bare chest. BN pls do the “can’t believe you wore that!!” Lol!!

• signature April 24, 2012 at 7:15 am

gaaah! i just want to cry, jst a needle amount of pple in this haystack of attendees brought their A-game, Uche Jumbo shud b no. 1 on that list u BN wants to make, wats up with all that mustard she has going on…and…and *sniff morris chesnut* wat happened to u my love, i expected you to look freaking dapper….kaiiiii, bucket of ice cream time :”((

• Bewi April 24, 2012 at 7:20 am

Morris, beth why?

• Sansarai April 24, 2012 at 7:23 am

Nse: Rocking that hairstyle instead of the usual mami-water hair we see on the red carpet is very ballsy and it looks sooo good on you! Way to represent for us naturals!
    Morris: my love…wetin happen? :’ ( You look tooo haggard abeg. Fix up!
    Funmi: Sexy as always! She looks very good for 40 abeg. What’s your beauty secret Aunty?
    Rita: Outfit’s better suited to a 16 yr. old prom queen.Lose it soonest.
    As for Uti: he looks decent but honestly, if I see his face one more time, I’mma slit my wrists, I swear down…haba, your leg no dey pain you? Waka waka about
    Sharon Ojong: What exactly do you do?
    In other news, Lydia Forson and Halima Abubakar look really similar..or is it just my eye?

• Tosin April 24, 2012 at 7:23 am

yes to the fashion in the first pic (Nse Ikpe-something) and a big fat NO to the Funmi Iyanda. She looks old and the fashion is not nice to look at. At all. What can I say?
    Waiting for the pics to all load. Lynn Whitfield looks old too, and some of the faces starting to stare out at me are positively horrific. But Kate, my Kate Henshaw, beautiful as always.

• Tosin April 24, 2012 at 7:49 am

clicked again and a different assortment of photos – more like it, phew. Lol @ the behinds showing up in some photos. Giving up on ever loading all. I need some respectable internet – any recommendations?

• Titi April 24, 2012 at 9:47 am

Nse Ikpe-Etim. That woman rocks!

• faithm April 24, 2012 at 7:23 am

morris chestnut,uche(don’t think that was appropriate for the occasion) and jodie….them no even try.

• faithm April 24, 2012 at 7:24 am

every other person looked fab !!!

• Mpho in South Africa April 24, 2012 at 7:29 am

My girl TERRY PHETO! Luv her to bits….cant wait for her debut in The Bold and the Beautifull.:))) Proudly South African all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

• sheilamay April 24, 2012 at 7:31 am

some were der 4 d award while some were der 2 watch……Nse Ikpe Etim won d best dressed wit an african taste#NICE

• Gidi April 24, 2012 at 7:34 am

I hope Morris Chestnut got in touch with Mai,so he could make better fitting suits for him.
    That is one ill fitting suit he’s got there.

Yvonne Okoro are those for sale? I would appreciate an answer on a postcard!

• fy April 24, 2012 at 7:37 am

Wth z empress njamah doin here??n stil lukin as awful as usual..*sigh* sumfinz will neva change.
    Ok lemme start wif d hot messes serzly lyk wth woz dat madam kofo finkin??yh I knw shez madam kofo buh rili r yu goin for a trad weddin or wot??ugh n ngozi nwosu too yh I get it yu’v lost a lot of weight buh rili woz dat appropriate to wear??girl I knw yu can do n luk a lot bet!den to yvonne okoro I hrt yu so much infact I woz rootin for yu to win an award buh wot sort of ‘look at my boobs dy r huge’ dress z dat??lyk omg yur stylist z vry wicked n shuld be sacked asap!
    Nw to d gorge onez..love thelma okoduwa black dress plus her hair too..hrt rita dominicz pink dress n congratz to her again..absolutely adore uche jumboz combo..hrt fathia balogunz greek inspired dress..looove juliet ibrahimz red dress n yh nse tried tew wulda bn beta wif a beta hairdo.looove eku eduworz dress tew n for me grace egbabe woz d best dressed of d nyt..reason y??bcuz at her agae she still lukd so stylish n chic yet still age apropriate..a style icon for sure

• Kenks April 24, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Abeg, if you want people to make sense of your comment, write properly.
      You are giving us a headache with all that stuff that dont mean much to literate people.

• Bewi April 26, 2012 at 5:03 am

You are writing like a stark illiterate.

• The Kinskter April 24, 2012 at 7:41 am

I’m sorry, but that feathery thing Nse wore would easily make Fashion police jail in an instant! She usually gets it right but not this time, she does stand out though, lol

• The Kinskter April 24, 2012 at 7:47 am

Ngozi Nwosu and Unche jumbo had to be the worst though!!! OMG!!! What were they thinking? There were some stunners as well, loved kate henshaw, Rita Domnic, and Grace Egbagbe is as elegant as always. So Isiah Washington was there too? Nice

• christy April 24, 2012 at 7:44 am

Jumai shaba, lookin good as always, isio wanagho I miss you so much,looking fresh as always,see wat Rugged man has missed!

• Gidi April 24, 2012 at 8:15 am

No go there o!
      God probably saved Rugged.

• jide April 24, 2012 at 7:51 am

dont get me wrong some of the stars, especially the alist nse,rita yvonne,ama, etc got the dress code right, and the boys ekubo, isiah washington(love the fact his rocking african wear, some of our stars so do that more), even new comer mojo sabi dress proper past all this long time actors/actresses, above all the rest even tiwa seemed to not get the dress code for such event,classy and elegant. am just shocked most people wore their street to stay at home cloths to such a prestigious event. the award academy should set a dress code, cuz most of this was just bad.

• burnt April 24, 2012 at 7:53 am

Classy…Ngozi Nwosu wat were u thinkin????

• PD April 24, 2012 at 7:54 am

denica….wewe no dey catch u ?…..u try biko…………..i c you fathia balogun….looking good…..mummy ngozi ….u no try oooo…at all….chai!!!

• ms pretty April 24, 2012 at 7:56 am

AHh is all i can say to Ngozi Nwosu;
    can some of our celebs take dressing courses from aunty grace egbagbe, she’s effortlessly chic.
    kate henshaw, when life gives u lemon pls make a cold lemonade, wtf???? ur sandals on a red carpet wt ur toes fighting for space on d carpet???? OMG
    Thelma u being off screen for a while and u r back wt a bang, good shape and nice dress sense, Ndidi Obi u r ageless and beautiful, seeing Liz Benson and Ndidi Obi looking ageless makes me happy;
    pls all d ladies wt half boobs outside pls there is something called ‘net’ now which u can slip under ur whatever and @ least save us some nightmare haba boobies on display na wa o, pls ask Dencia and Nse where they got theirs from, madam eliogu pls slow down on d cholesterol – i beg

• T.P April 24, 2012 at 7:57 am

Nice pictures!!,but I think even the random people dressed better than the “celebrities”,its an awards ceremony!!!a lot of people missed it,with their outfits..eg Uche jumbo,dencia etc.I love nse’s gown tho..I think I’ll pick her for the best dressed female!!l

• Jen... April 24, 2012 at 7:57 am

Morris Chestnut, whattappiiiin?! Guy looks like one of the bouncers for the show o.

Nse nailed it for me. Love the elegance, quirkiness and layout of the dress laced with the understated yet chic cornrows- Amazeballs!

• Purpleicious Babe April 24, 2012 at 2:07 pm

@jen loooooooooooooool…@bouncers…

I dont think he wanted to be there. I almost didnt recognise him… chai… what happened.

lifeinstagesdoz.blogspot.com

• jmayaki April 24, 2012 at 7:59 am

na wa o!!!photoshop has obviously been hiding tinsssss oooo. morris chestnut but y????!!! you use to be a really hot bloke. uche jombo hire me for free, i would be ur stylist!!! im tired of seeing you embarrass us.; so we have a new bobbi on the block @Yvonne Okoro, cossy u now have new recruits oooo!!!!; nse looks lovely even with edgy hair ; some others look really funny though. majorly moor cool people

• jane April 24, 2012 at 7:59 am

pls do the that seriously you wore that to the AMAAS post,sounds like its gonna be a laugh.Yvonne Okoro was tough though #koeasy lol

• faith April 24, 2012 at 7:59 am

they all look horrible!!!!….my eyes hurts….

• Emem April 24, 2012 at 8:02 am

Nse Ikpe Etim looks radiant and ravishing…… absolutely adore her outfit. Morris Chestnut looks bored but still hotttt…..

• missappleberry April 24, 2012 at 8:02 am

My best dressed wud have 2 b Grace Egbagbe, Rita dominic, lynn whitefield, uti, muka Nwokedi (loving d purple), eku looks exquisite in tiffany amber, and Nse is rocking that house of Nwocha dress! Really lovely. Tiwa can do no wrong in my eyes. ♥ her.
    My worst dressed *clears throat*- Yvonne Okoro; I tink her dress shud hav just started 4rm beneath her breast as she looks so naked already. Wth!
    Morris chestnut suit looks just as he described Eko hotel. Not up to standard! Uche jombo; I dont understand ur trousers though. No no 4 me! Dencia got me confused. Cant understand d catwoman/robocop attire. Ngozi Nwosu; wth are u wearing huh?! Jenifer Eliogu; theres just sth wrong! D hose? Her arms? Cnt figure it! And why is lydia forsons lipstick like chalk on her lips?! Bella post my comment abeg, and yes u shud do that “Seriously you wore THAT to the AMAAs?!”

• sonaodafen April 24, 2012 at 8:04 am

i love long elegant dresses at these kind of a event.. or African themed like madam kofo… dont look like you are going to part at a such a classic event.. dont look to raunchy with ur heavily exposed cleavages.. Nigerians should know when to where what.. cos some people look to raunchy and not appropriately dressed..

• sonaodafen April 24, 2012 at 8:04 am

pardon my grammatical errors

• Berry Choco Latte April 24, 2012 at 8:06 am

Erm, I thought this was supposed to be the Top 12 looks? :-S I see like 30-40…

• Tosin April 27, 2012 at 2:53 pm

In fact I blame BellaNaija for all our wicked comments. Like I clicked to see the Top12, the first one fit, then after that was like whoaaaa, top gini? Thus the egg-throwing. #slightlyremorseful

• frivolities April 24, 2012 at 8:07 am

First of all, I love Isaiah Washington for wearing a caftan (even though it looks cheap). Morris Chestnut looking like they forced him to come. Nse went for glamour and nailed it. Yvonne Okoro….. Every other person looked like they were attending any other function I see here on BellaNaija.
    One more thing it should be a rule that anyone who steps on the red carpet (I mean the press, PAs and publicists) should also be dressed appropriately. All the jeans and casual clothes spoiled some of these pics for me. They should pick clues from other international awards. Everyone on the red carpet adds a bit of glam to it.
    Peace out!!

• Omolola April 24, 2012 at 8:11 am

Yayyy!!! Its out. Morris Chestnut’s suit actually looks very big . fathia Balogun looks nice. Great pictures…thank you BN

• Omolola April 24, 2012 at 8:13 am

BN please lets see the ‘seriously you wore that to AMAA’ post * rubbing hands gleefully in anticipation*

• Duni April 24, 2012 at 8:13 am

I don’t even know if i should laugh or cry! I have so many reactions, lawd!

• Omolola April 24, 2012 at 8:14 am

Uche Jombo no try at all. WHAT!?!?

• lola April 24, 2012 at 8:17 am

Yvonne okoro na breast u come show.rita dominic,fathia balogun,tiwa savage,nse,lovely one.ngozi nwosu should dress her age next time,she should take acue frm grace egbegbe.bellanaija u did a good job by making us have a feel of the aaward.

• Rita April 24, 2012 at 8:17 am

OK, so I have been waiiiiting for this…lets go! Terry Pheto, Rita Dominic and the lady with the ankara drress (10th to the last pix) had the absolute best looks for the event 9sheer elegance); Uche Jumbo but whyyyyy, so after all the hard work u allowed urself grow fat in such a short while?? Jodie, u are my girl anyday and I love ur voice but that dress and BAG is embarrassing the two of us; Chiedu Ikezie (Mr Aki0 and Isaiah Washington took it for the men, especially Chiedu (see his swag and the confidence on his face…llooveess it). As for the rest of u…i’ll be back :-)

• SheilaSpeaks April 24, 2012 at 8:19 am

a lot of these outfits are ummmm interesting…enough said

• Couture By Makioba April 24, 2012 at 8:42 am

not too impressed with the oufits jor…..just few of them looks lovely…..

• Omogidi April 24, 2012 at 8:46 am

Nse nailed it in that Hse of Nwocha dress and fabulous African hair. One word STUNNING!
    Rita, Ndidi Obioha, Toolz, Kate Henshaw in jewel by Lisa , Grace Egbagbe, fathia Balogun, and Blessing Egbe in Frank Oshodi all looked amazing.
    As for Ngozi Nwosu, Ivie okujaye, Uche Jumbo, Anita Hogan and Yvonne Okoro noooooooooooo comment

• Gennyz # 1 Fan!!!! April 24, 2012 at 8:46 am

Ndidi Obi is a beautiful woman Cheiii!!!! #thatisall

• thomie April 24, 2012 at 8:47 am

My best dressed 4 old n young female category must be Aunty Grace and Nse-Ikpe Etim. Nse wasn’t just about d dress but dat pose ehn, twas attention-calling. Moving on, alex ekubo and Isiah Washington did it for ♍ƺ, Kunle Afolayan, i dunno y u̶̲̥̅̊’ve decided to disgrace ♍ƺ, can’t deal wit jodie at the moment, mayb later….lydia forson, ur the only one dat understands ur lipstick….Yvonne and moyo….nice dresses from u̶̲̥̅̊ two

• lee April 24, 2012 at 8:50 am

pls what was morris chestnut, uche jombo and d worst of dem all…ngozi nwosu thinking…for all d breast poppers….silicone needs

• BIH April 24, 2012 at 8:52 am

omg jennifer eloigu where on earth have u been??u look good my dear..

• BIH April 24, 2012 at 8:55 am

rita looks good but her dress looks cheap..don’t know who terry pheto is but her outfit is stunning..

• LPS April 24, 2012 at 8:55 am

Miss Okoro wetin happen? you forget your bra @ home?

• Bolanle April 24, 2012 at 8:59 am

This girl looks absolutely gorgeous!!!! This is such a lovely look.

Some of the people looked really nice but others may just cringe when they look back! eeesh

• gbebs April 24, 2012 at 10:19 am

@Bolanle is that you??…..lol

• Bisqo April 24, 2012 at 6:47 pm

I concur, sometimes less is truly more! Less cleavage, less legs, less my hair is down to my waist and less my eyelashes look like Barbies’ …. geez!!!!

• fokasibe April 24, 2012 at 9:14 am

Please do a Seriously you wore THAT to the AMAAs? Post!!!

• missappleberry April 24, 2012 at 9:15 am

@sansarai, @gidi, @PD Lmfao! M sure dencia has a zip under dat robocop attire 4 her convenience lol

• eesha April 24, 2012 at 9:19 am

LAWD HAVE MERCY! MORE MISS THAN HITS. NGOZI NWOSU WTH WERE U THINKING? UCHE U NEED A STYLIST ASAP, ITS GETTING TOO MUCH. BHAIRA MCWIZU HAS STARTED BLEACHING, Y NOW? EKU, RITA, GRACE, FATHIA, U GUYS ROCKED. UTI UR BOIL FOR ARMPIT NEVER HEAL?

• amethyst April 24, 2012 at 9:22 am

wow nice pics rits is getting fat tho and yvonne def had some sorta brest enlargement that aint no wonderbra,loving kunle afolayan,nse would always b in my heart,tools hips are alarming,aww neka d pretty serpent,grace egbabe ever so graceful,the fuji house woman has lost weight real good but outfit isnt working

• Fizzy April 24, 2012 at 9:24 am

Dencia I lve you and i love your outfit but you don’t look happy to be there at all but that blue looks good and sexy and classy for the event,the ladies tried but they could do better

• Blossom April 24, 2012 at 9:25 am

Morris! Morris! Morris! How many times did I call you… Oya go back home and wear something more appealing. Are you trying to hide that dreamy face and superb looks of yours or what???
    Chinedu Ikedieze… #Superb and fabulous. I love your Swag Sir.
    Kate Henshaw… My forever darling. You did well.
    All this flashers… I lack words.
    All round best: Rita Dominic closely followed by Ivie Okujaye.

• Lexxy April 24, 2012 at 9:26 am

My faves Genevieve mag girl Vanessa Banigo then Tiwa. Love the beaded looks, wow. Some of these long gowns are so corny. Like Oscars 1985. Cough! Anita Hogan – pls don’t wear that again. I just chocked on my yam chips

• amethyst April 24, 2012 at 9:28 am

loool moris chestnut gone cold i used to think he was soo hot,can dencia get a life madame koko o loool

• bli April 24, 2012 at 9:36 am

Hmmmm na wa. Best look for me is the 1st lady in black.

• auntie April 24, 2012 at 9:52 am

singing *nnneee! nnneeeekkkaaa! nneka mu oooooo! obu gini*
    LOVE LOVE LOVE! timeless beauty

• hmmm April 24, 2012 at 9:54 am

I want to cry…..apart from eku, nse and a few….the rest were absolutely horrible…..

• Nk April 24, 2012 at 10:00 am

Rita Dominic should have loose that belt !!! God! what happened?
    As for the best dressed for me…. is
    1… Jumai Shaba… She never gets anything wrong *Lovely*
    2 …Nse Ikpe-Etim …Is the Hair for me really, not really a fan of the the dress but she carried it beautifully, but the HAIR! meeeen I wish I can wear my hair like that
    3….. Eku Edewor
    4….Terry Pheto …. Loving the Black n white classy look
    5….. Thelma Okoduwa, Just love that chick :) ( my late younger brother used to have a BIG crush on her)
    6 ….Ndidi Obi a.k.a Nneka…. Lovely look! simple n nice!
    7…. FathiaBbalogun
    8… Lynn Whitfield
    9… Grace Egbagbe …. LOVE the outfit
    10…Blessing Egbe … nice ;)

Then as for the rest ladies …. I don’t know where u guys thought u were going, or rather coming from … but ..WTH!! and as for the two ladies in the black dresses with boobs out, common!! grrrrrrrrrr

• sapphire April 24, 2012 at 10:03 am

Nse…!!!! Diva, Diva, Diva

• dimpled freak April 24, 2012 at 10:08 am

BN please do it, it will help people not to make such strange mistakes………… do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

• iphy! April 24, 2012 at 10:10 am

As little as paw-paw is, he totally rocked his outfit…Morris Chestnut haba…smh!big ups to Nse tho…

• dimma April 24, 2012 at 10:13 am

Nse just looks stunning!!!. Is that lady that stared in nneka the pretty serpent ??? omg she is as beautiful as ever.

• Chikaka April 24, 2012 at 10:15 am

Bar the feathers, Nse’s dress is okay.
    Eku and Aunty Grace as usual kill it.
    Would have preferred Rita’s dress without the belt.
    There’s a resemblance here between Moyo Lawal and Toyin Lawani. Moyo looks good.
    Dencia looks half decent.
    Kate, i want your swag back. I’m not feeling the whole ensemble.
    A shout out to Isaiah Washington for the nice kaftan.
    Looks like a jumpsuit Muka has on. The weight loss is making such a pretty woman look gaunt.
    Jumai scrubbed up nicely here.
    Jennifer Eliogu looks good too for a full figured woman. Her feet looks like she has flesh coloured tights on.
    Ohimai, stylish as ever!
    For a multicoloured dress, i like this too; http://cdn.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/2012-AMAA-African-Movie-Academy-Awards-April-2012-BellaNaija-300.jpg

• Gyann April 24, 2012 at 10:17 am

Nse Sosongo! U rock Babes! U r never tired of playing it differently.

• Rita April 24, 2012 at 10:18 am

Somebody please help me shout ALLELUIA on Empress’head! wow! she has gone from blonde willy willy to a hawt siren! pls somebody shout alleluia again!…*still waving hands in the air* Let me stop here, ill be back!

• tito April 24, 2012 at 10:19 am

OMG! can someone pls call fashion police to 9ija …….. wot in Gods name these pple thinkin wiv all these….. d babe in black with those unsexy boobs, pls!
    Ngozi, is this a sumo or wrestling contest with d arms…..
    Empress.. somethins do not just change….
    and as for u Tiwa, as much as i love u, u re just every wia, and d pple that did it for me, Ishaiah W, k. Afolayan, Grace, Terry and our own Nse…….

• dbaby April 24, 2012 at 10:24 am

i really love Nse ikpe,Uche Jombo ,tiwaRita Dominic ,A.Y ,and fathia balogun (kisses) kate henshaw outfit etc

• busola April 24, 2012 at 10:34 am

uche jomboooooooo fire ur stylist asap

• glamprincess April 24, 2012 at 10:35 am

Nse looks sooo glamorous,really rocked that flock.morris my granddad called,he wants his suit bac.lol and pls uti ur suit looks undersized.rita dominic pls lose that belt its hideous…:)

• Ufuoma April 24, 2012 at 10:45 am

Peju,lol

• glamprincess April 24, 2012 at 10:47 am

ladies pls,less is more, and d 2 ladies in black we don’t need ur boobs on display its really tacky,uche jumbo…no words,.my no 1 is nse she rocked that red carpet like a diva!!!go girl

• Rebecca E. Roberts April 24, 2012 at 10:48 am

Madam Kofo want kill me with laughter, my goodness. Nse and Eku looks FAB (in capital letter) Rita Dominic I mean come the hell on, how come she always manages to look misplaced, Uche Jumbo looking like a bad Christmas tree.

Toolz I love you, but one day your body magic will lose itself and let you go, I mean come on your cant be deceiving yourself like that now looking like you cant catch your breathe, Ngozi Nwosu its not Halloween yet, who let Empress in? am sure she scared our foreign guest black trash.

• n enye April 24, 2012 at 10:54 am

Na waoh for uche jumbo oooh bra less????????

• jamar April 24, 2012 at 10:56 am

nse etim’s dress would have looked much better if it was another fabric and another colour…i think that dress is horrible,uche jombo would have looked better if the pants was ankle length it was too long.and what in the world is wrong with morris chestnut…..american suits are ill fitting,he should have got a suit from the uk,uti always looks good,but the whit pants just looked a bit odd,osita(aki & pawpaw) looked very cool.rita dominic looks gorgeous,didnt know ndidi obi was still around.This girl called dencia,who is she and from which planet is she from..she looks like a call girl,not nice at all.BN i think you should do a fashion police for this show….lol

• Monique April 24, 2012 at 10:58 am

First of all,lemme start by saying dis”wot d hell was madam yvonne okoro tinkin?is it a boobs opening competition???den Uche Jombo,Empress Njamah n Ngozi Nwosu(A BIG NO NO 4 ME)!!!BIG UPS TO Nse Ikpe Etim,Rita Dominic,Terry Pheto,Eku Edewor n Grace Egbagbe.U ladies looked elegant!….4 D GUYS,Jimmy Jean Louis(looked hot)*lovestruck*,ma darling Praiz looking gud as usual den Uti,Mai Atafo n Alex Ekubo….pls wot happened 2 Morris Chestnut?y d oversize cosublem*confused*.Big Ups 2 BN.

• Anu April 24, 2012 at 11:06 am

My favs: Eku,Rita,Tiwa, Grace,Majid. Funmi and Kate looked too simple.what was ngozi nwosu thinking? who did her make up? dencia,got the wrong i.v, i was liking jimmy jean’s photo until the hurricane passed by. Yvonne and co,THE GOODIES STAY IN THE JAR!

• chinonyyy April 24, 2012 at 11:09 am

Lovely photos and outfits but Uche Jumbo you need alot of HELP!!!!!!!!!!My God!! please help her learn what how to dress well and outfits to be worn to eventzzz

• ynot! April 24, 2012 at 11:11 am

Uche y oh y did u do this to urself? Just wen u were beginning to dress lik a diva, u go and wear this, now u’v gone all d way down again! Nse!!!! U look divine! Wow, best dressed eva on a Nigerian red carpet. Morris Chestnut… ROTFL, u didn’t age well o, and dt suit?, gosh

• Violette April 24, 2012 at 11:12 am

Anita Hogan hehehhehehhe
    looks like her name sake HOGAN the wrestler. Arms are as big as a wrestler’s, hmmm

• Gyann April 24, 2012 at 11:13 am

Yes BN do a “Seriously you wore THAT to the AMAAs?!” post. Sure it will help Empress.

• Marian April 24, 2012 at 11:20 am

Thanks for sharing these. My favorites would have to be Ama K Abebrese – like the color of her gown, the fit and the unexpected back. Eku Edewor – looked effortless as it should be on the red carpet. Lynn Whitfield and Grace Egbagbe oozed absolute class.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Glam kisses,
    Marian.

• daaba April 24, 2012 at 5:38 pm

if Ama were not ur buddy buddy would u say that? stop running round websites praising her outfit please.

• eggy*posh April 24, 2012 at 11:27 am

So many hot messes and few really got it…Nse pulled dt dress off very well…as for Rita, sweerie dt dress should be on a 16 year old going for d prom…thre is nothing to like abt dt dress on her…bt her hair is fab…too many misses so wont even sweat it…

• bisola April 24, 2012 at 11:30 am

Ndidi Obi (Nneka the pretty serpent) exudes effortless elegance. That lady is definitely pretty

• Deiz April 24, 2012 at 11:41 am

Hmmmm……… this our own Grammy Awards in Africa. Is this the best our Actors and Actresses can do?
    FIVE WORST DRESSED:
    YVONNE: What were you thinking? You must not show your BOOBS to be hot. Did you just have an IMPLANT? If yes, AMAA is not the right place to flaunt those BOOBS.
    KATE HENSHAW: Your style for this award does not work well for me? I expected to see the stylish kate henshaw. What happened? I can understand? Its well with you.
    UCHE JUMBO: What the heck were you thinking? TEENAGERS PARTY? Abeg you don fall our hands for this AMAA. Stylist should be sacked.
    DENCIA: I don’t know what to call your style? MERMAID STYLE OR LADY GAGA OF NIGERIA? Pls have a re-think? Its an award nite? Not your video shoot.
    MORIS: That blazer of yours needs to see the tailor, to slim fit it to your size.
    And to all treble dressers that attended this AMAA, GET A STYLIST!!!!!

• RITA April 24, 2012 at 11:41 am

DO PPL HAVE TO SHOW THEIR BOOBS TO MAKE THEM LOOK HOT?

• mekhi phifa April 24, 2012 at 11:45 am

O yes! My 1st culprit na Uche Jumbo; Uchenna nwa m ala anapu-gi?
    2) Yvonne Okoro nne ara-gi nkaa (dt breast chai)…!
    3) Nneka d pretty serpent still glowing but eem dt gown 4don go down well
    5) Kate Henshaw ds ur new look I bet 2disagree
    6) Uti n his look alike wats dt supoz 2mean?
    7) Where is Genny?
    Pls plss not 4deting Nse ( my friend in my head still loving stardom gal) but ur name….

• Jess April 24, 2012 at 11:47 am

Was just drooling over Morris Chestnut in “Think like a man” the other day, I take all my drool back; film trick is real! Nse is just an all round fab chick. I miss seeing Isaiah Washington; he’s werking that kaftan!

• Claus Von Stauffenberg April 24, 2012 at 11:50 am

As always, a miniscule % of our black women rocking their natural hair! Get weaved or die trying.

• Ebunoluwa Tosanwumi April 24, 2012 at 11:55 am

Wow Nse u took my breath away,I love Terry Pheto n Faithia stuuuuuuuuuunning.Grace Egbagbe u ar foreva fashion-relevant.I had plenty No Nos haba dencia aint u tired of jump suits?Uche Jombo I cnt believ my eyes.kisses 4 Gbenro Ajibade.BN dis is my first comment eva plsssssssssss post it.

• Deee April 24, 2012 at 12:07 pm

Grace Egbabe looks amazing!!!! That’s how i want to look when i’am her age

• missappleberry April 24, 2012 at 12:16 pm

lol. I meant LDA not tiffany amber on Eku. My bad *covers face*

• kem April 24, 2012 at 12:23 pm

honestly dont understand the boobs over pouring, make una take am easy naa, u all look good without stripping

• Ako April 24, 2012 at 12:24 pm

My best dressed has to be Nse Ikpe Etim. VA VA VOOM!!! Girl, I’m proud of you.
    Terry Pheto comes in a close 2nd. You make monochrome look desireable.
    Don’t know which was the worst; Ngozi Nwosu, Uche Jumbo or Denica? Too bad!!!
    What the hell was Yvonne Okoro thinking? She looks like a slut. This is the AMAAS not a brothel.

• christy April 24, 2012 at 12:29 pm

@fy I almost drop my phone reading ur comment,wat were you writing? Pls try 2 write dat wil make it readable even at a glance pls.tanx

• Princess zee April 24, 2012 at 12:36 pm

More fab than dab, am impressed.. just so disappointed @ Yvonne Okoro, c’mon, u’re so beautiful u really don’t need to show out all dat boobies like ‘em trashy chics, wish u went for a more classy look jor!

• omo April 24, 2012 at 12:37 pm

My best dressed goes to Nse Ikpe Etim..so classy!!
    Abeg which kind of pose is this???? mschewwww

• Nk April 24, 2012 at 7:39 pm

lol…. I no Know ooooo my sister!!! *Shakes head*

• Tolu April 24, 2012 at 12:46 pm

My goodness!!! What on earth happened to many of these people. Like 80% of them look all messed up. I’m in shock. For Bella to put these pictures up obviously as the best ones I don’t want to imagine what the ones that didn’t make the cut look like. Mehnnnn The Bella team tried o. Hope you all got a day off work after looking through these pictures cos they can make the healthiest person ill. Nse looks real hot, my best dressed. What the he’ll was Funmi Iyanda thinking and then that Yvonne person. See the boobs begging to be held back, she shouldn’t have even bothered wearing a dress as it’s not covering anything.
    I’m in complete shock.

• diamond April 24, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Eku Edewor killed it. I love her flow. Effortlessly chic. Jumai Shaba, Blessin Ogbe, Grace Egbage, Juliet Ibrahim and Ivie Okujaye all deserve a thumbs up.
    Madam kofo, Ngozi Ezeonu should be included in the list of “seriously, you wore that to the AMAAs”
    Morris Chestnut, u are my black american star, why did u fall my hand with that out fit, didnt recognise you.

• peter April 24, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Yvonne Okoro, Ngozi Nwosu, your out fit is bad, Yvonna u bi ghana girl or na Nigerian u bi, u know see how u bring out your boobs like ashow

• Alexa April 24, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Expected better than this

• africhika April 24, 2012 at 1:10 pm

FUNMI IYANDA AND EKU EWEDOR WERE THE BEST DRESSED FEMALES! everyone else had wayyyy too much fabric and wayyyy too much hair and wayyyy to much makeup

• Smh April 24, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Hot mess but i really dont agrée with peuple saying Dencia’s outfit wasnt cute because it was,she lookef hot

• Qmbee April 24, 2012 at 1:20 pm

…on my knees,’where’s Fashion Police when i need you’?

• Seun April 24, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Nse Nse Nse….wow girl! you take red-carpet-risks and nails them – EVERYTIME!!! Notin do u babe. cant wait for you awards to start rolling in….your acting is super and u r a diva too. You be my fav actress now o. go girl!!!!!

Abeg make una help me clapp for Aunty Grace Egbagbe oooo. She no dey fall hand at all at all! kai! she has refused to age mhen. She represents everytime….

Finally, all dem boob-sellers – please give us a break! its now disgustiong to see so much boobies on the red carpet.

• Seun April 24, 2012 at 1:24 pm

sorry, typo – i meant “nail” in the first sentence

• Seun April 24, 2012 at 1:24 pm

wo abeg, i tire for english lanuage jare. woteva! una sha understand me….

• Anne April 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Ndidi. obi looks freshly baked,wow,cant point wat it is but Sers something wromg with Rita Dominics outfit,uche jomno looked horrible in my worst colour ever…more comments after i look through again.

• chichi April 24, 2012 at 1:48 pm

lol..well, imma say this :OUR WOMEN NEED TO BE MORE ACTIVE..PLEASE WORK OUT MORE..and i say this with love and kindness cos what i see on some legs is definitely not the business…

• I love Shuga! April 24, 2012 at 1:51 pm

OMG! Why does Morris Chestnut look so razz!….That suit is hideous…lmao!

• Pamela April 24, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Lets be honest people, the only stunning ladies here are:
    1. Nse
    2.Terry
    3.Eku

Good looking males are:
    1. Alex
    2.Uti
    3.Chinedu

That’s all

• Lydia April 24, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Isiah Washington…..preston burke!!!! correct guy.

• The Kinkster April 24, 2012 at 2:11 pm

LMAO!! The Morris Chestnut suit was trending on twitter for a bit! People asking if it was a parachute? LOL! he looks pained to be here

• Purpleicious Babe April 24, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Lool.. i cant laff.

Madam Kofo thought it was a carnival event or ??? lloooool…
    Ngozi she is still do sisi, omoge… lol??? A nice trad would have done you good.

The guy from Grey Anatomy (Mr Washington) well done for wearing that trad.

I thot Eku Edewor looked the best, nicely followed by the lady in nice trad.
    I thought fathia balogun tried.

Where is F. Akindele?

• Purpleicious Babe April 24, 2012 at 2:23 pm

A longer native dress for Ngozi….

• Dineo April 24, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Morris Chestnut looks like a security guard, oversized suit. Terry Pheto looks gorgeous, Nse Ikpe Etim looks too beautiful like a true queen

• choclate April 24, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Funmi iyanda is forever looking like sweet 16 :)
    Eku Edewor = FAB!!

• Tayo April 24, 2012 at 2:58 pm

NICE 1 YOU ALL…I LOVE DAT FATHIA BALOGUN’S AND IKPE ETIM DRESS SO MUCH…MUAAAAH

• abimbola oki April 24, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Fathia balogun looks nice, Uti is looking good too.was wondering if dat was morris chestnut or his dad.did they force him 2 come? Can see some sagging breast lolz

• Bex April 24, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Just one name…..Nse Ikpe-Etim! What a glamourpuss!

• Winner April 24, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Eku Edewor for President. Bolajee Animashaun thumbs up!

• Nikii April 24, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Jodie looks like……..Rhymes with Latté.

• lolly April 24, 2012 at 3:41 pm

what in the world are they all wearing… don’t they watch US award shows… what is Uche Jumbo wearing… tcheeew.. Next.

• Yori April 24, 2012 at 4:05 pm

Vanessa, Muka (the purple dungarees are hot!), Celine Loader’s dress and accessories look good despite the obvious boob enhancement job, and some un-named lady in a long pinkish afro-print dress carry the day for me. Guys should try harder next time..how bland can Majid get?

• konnie April 24, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Uche Uche Uche, you broke my heart with that number. Some of these mini (I must show my knees )ladies must have those slimming mirrors that deceive you about your appearance.
    Please if you have to show them knees and legs, hit the gym first ( go to a boot camp or something) otherwise a whole lot looked wonderful. that other list bella is suggesting will probably be a wake up call to some people. I like the quote about to folks that got lost on their way to the night club…….whilst know they will appear on a red capert event…..

Please someone save us from this long wig/weaves or what ever it is people put on their head. No more agbalumo exposures PLEASE
    I don talk too much. I shall stop hear.

• t-rapper April 24, 2012 at 4:11 pm

D-list celebs feeling like a-listers in naija..oshi. when these mumus were on top of their game in thUS, they wouldnt have had layover in naija sef.

• mercy April 24, 2012 at 4:12 pm

There is nothing wrong in looking simple and nice and i think thats what uche jombo did. She stood out and i love her

• princesschaddy April 24, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Uche Jombo’s outfit was nice and she must not wear what every one is expecting her to wear. nothing wrong in being different

• nancy April 24, 2012 at 4:19 pm

these are events where ladies are free to showcase their ball gowns etc

• florence April 24, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Uche you rock and you are my number 1 any time any day. I love the suit

• Nollywoodgaga April 24, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Nse you rock girllllllllllllll !!!
    Uche horrible, don’t fir with your body

• iTawa April 24, 2012 at 5:32 pm

Nseeeeeeeee = DROP-DEAD GORGEOUS!!!!!!! Wow she looks ABSOLUTELY stunning! the hair, the DRESS, simple jewelry….wow everything just worked! On point…! Ndidi Obi still got it, simply gorgeous! Isiah Washington, looking dapper :)

• taiwo April 24, 2012 at 5:37 pm

watin all these people dey eat for naija, there were alot of misses then hits. it just horrible. pls bn bring on the fashion police or “Seriously you wore THAT to the AMAAs?!” it just horrible looking. you kno you are fat you are weraing short dresses or tight pants. it so stupid and then they will be smiling as if they look good. naija again step it up pls.

• ade April 24, 2012 at 5:44 pm

uche no no no,fathia balogun rocks.

• deeb April 24, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Wow!! This event, so much going on MORRIS CHESTNUT: looks soo broke
    NGOZI NWOSU: loool, what happened? are you under a spell !?, i cant believe you would wear those hideous short, so not age appropriate especially with that much cellulite
    FATHIA BALOGUN: You look FANTASTIC, havent seen her in ages.
    TIWA SAVAGE: Pls twitch up you look, You look the same all the time.

• Nice Anon April 24, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Morris Chestnut looking like a “Dee Hyginus” from Aba.
    Yvonne Okoro why is your entire chest outchea though?
    I don’t know what’s going on with Uche Jumbo’s entire outfit
    Leila Djansi’s dress na just proper MaryAmaka sha
    Ngozi Nwosu aunty mba naaaaa. As in biko mba!
    Clearly madam Kofo came as herself so no surprise there
    Beht Nse Ikpe Etim is such a freaking babe! The chic is on point. Alex looks great as always. A lot of great looking folks and not so great. Toolz is such a BABE. Her figure na die!! If i were a dude; I’d wife you up quick.

• Jen April 24, 2012 at 7:08 pm

Eeeiissshhh! Some of the people were very scary looking. I have a feeling I will have nightmares tonight. I can’t believe some of the people. Kudos though to Madam Kofo for daring to wear that outfit. She looks like a well lit Christmas tree.

• tigerlilly April 24, 2012 at 7:46 pm

morris chestnut are u advertising 4 eko hotel and suit(es)? u didnt see your size in yankee? u would have checked alaba now..chai

• oondego April 24, 2012 at 7:57 pm

nice shots. great pix. wonderful people. thanks for capturing the moment for posterity!

• na me April 24, 2012 at 8:02 pm

YVONNE OKORO,i used to love you,but u look really HORRIBLE,why did you have to enlarge ur BOOBS????????U look very OLD and WORN-OUT….Totally used like a WET BLANKET..look at you,shame on you,u are a DISGRACE to Ghana and d African Society…Mtchewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

• Pendo April 24, 2012 at 8:18 pm

AMMA organisers please indicate a dress code in future if you don’t do it already and include a list of stylists in the invitation envelope too because WHAT THE????????????????? lots of confused looks going on don’t know where to start Morris what happened? Yvonne Okoro it is well POP!!!! Nse looks good but am not quite feeling the feathery shoulders though, Kate darling whats with the peeping toes sandals? Bella please have a comment section under each photo this is too much the common folks dressed way better than some of the celebs…

• PJ April 24, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Whao, Nse wore the dress of a winner. She nailed it! Fathia look gorgeous, Ama Abrese looked fantastic and Lynn is a style star. Those four women were the best for me. It’s a movie awards and people should dress glamorously. Uche’s outfit is an insult to the awards red carpet.

• Rabina April 24, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Honestly I am very disappointed with the way some of these people, especially the women, dressed- Yvonne Okoro was the worse and she might as well as dressed naked

• Missy April 24, 2012 at 9:32 pm

grandpa chestnut!! LOOOOOOOL
    and empress what’s with the warri woman pose? *holds laugh*

• doppleganger April 24, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Madam kofo! breath taking! best dressed!!! :D

• peggy April 24, 2012 at 10:33 pm

ngozi nwosu haff KILLED me ohhhh… mama pls we dont want to see all ur cellulites. who is ur tailor. u shd fire am. yvonee ur breasts are ugly , what kind of *come n sex me* dress are u wearing.. tshewwwwwwwwwww.
    moet abebe_ ugly dress
    UCHE JUMBO_ utter fail. 0%, ur sokoto no make sense at all.. sebi u wre in london , cudnt u quickly purchase nice dress. olodo. that color is appauling and its too tight. *hides face*

• GhaNaija! April 24, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Okoro sisters tacky.com!!

• Abeni Ebony April 24, 2012 at 10:44 pm

NSE OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Chai! Evrytime, EVrytime my girl is on PIonT!

• stels April 24, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I really do think this celebrities style demselves witout the aid of a professional stylist and a professional makeup artist. smh. Kate henshaw, wat is it with those sandals. Ngozi Nwosu…well am sure you wouldn’t do better cos if it is not in you, it is not in you.Uti Nwachukwu, yu shud take a chill pill or better still go on vacation, take a break, yu don’t bcome an A-list celebrity by showing up everywhere jeezzzz. Uche jumbo na yur hand yu D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ fall .whr r all our male actors ? Didn’t get an invite? Or As we no go win make we no go huh

• honey April 25, 2012 at 12:29 am

ABSOLUTELY RUBBISH!!! Y’ALL LOOKED TACKY!!!

• Lindz April 25, 2012 at 1:16 am

QC Girls doing Big things!!! Belinda and Ivie looking great!!!

• t-rapper April 25, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Grow up…this is no longer high school

• Me2me April 25, 2012 at 1:27 am

Morris’s chest was nutted when he was picking the outfit. This is what happened. When he heard he was coming to Nigeria he thought they meant an under developed country. Only if he took time to google, he would have seen developing, thats if he has a system. Mtchwwwwwwww mumu, im sure when he arrived as saw naija glamour he weak,lol.

• Bianca April 25, 2012 at 2:07 am

Nse looks stunning. Uti looks handsome. Tiwa looks pretty. There are some who look really nice. Lynn Whitfield looks beautiful as always. I know Morris Chestnut’s legs are not that short, they got his size wrong, but he’s still fine. Isaiah Washington feels too comfortable in that outfit, love him.

• Wow April 25, 2012 at 2:54 am

I have to believe that Morris Chestnut lost his luggage and some quickly lent him their oversized suit. That’s the only way to explain why in d world my GQ, two can play that game, the brothers etc fine man will be dressed that way.
    Mai Atafo should have helped a brother out nah!

• dlapikin April 25, 2012 at 3:02 am

m so disappointed at lydia Forson… Why Bleach?> She was so beautiful with her natural color?
    Yvonne Okoro really did put the D in Decollete! lol
    Anyway I guess these are the people not invited to Stephanie’s Wedding… LOL

• Daisy April 25, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Lydia bleaching? U got punked by the camera lighting sweedie. We’re with her in Gh and she sure aint bleaching. If anything, she’s so natural it aint funny. check her hair

• NNENNE April 25, 2012 at 3:34 am

Kunle Afolayan,Madam Kofo,Ndidi Obioha, and Isaiah Washington,thanks for reminding us that we were in Nigeria, for an African event.Nollywood, seem to have forgotten that.
    You don’t have to wear iro and buba, but our designers could make contemporary outfits with our fabrics.So funny to see overweight women wearing “oyibo”evening gown.Try as we many, we cannot beat them at their game.Let,s be creative and unique with what we have.
    Fumi Iyanda and Kate Henshaw are fab,though.

• Yinda April 25, 2012 at 8:52 am

Nnenne, thanks for making an important comment. I would love them to keep it ”African.” with their clothes.

• sparkles April 25, 2012 at 4:49 am

Nse no dey carry last at all. Dats y she is number 1!!!

• Jide Nnaji April 25, 2012 at 5:09 am

Dayum! I was there, what a great nite- but these pictures aint complete- wheres the gentleman with the Nigerian and American umbrella spread from his two bodyguards or PA or something? That was so special_ I came here to check that out and do a lil research on him or his name.

• Showbiz (Efe) Lawal April 25, 2012 at 5:50 am

Honestly, I was there- and this actually isn’t the best 12 standout looks- this is not the complete red carpet best pictures, definitely not the complete best. Critical personality(s) missing- I was there on the red carpet. Hummpph? lemme see- will be right back

• Tosin April 27, 2012 at 2:58 pm

True, I saw some gorgeous people dressed up to go to AMAA too, they’re not here :) I guess BN should photograph every single fly at the awards :)

• Yinda April 25, 2012 at 8:47 am

Seriously, few people looked elegant. Some people, for example, Yvonne Okoro looked a hot mess, her dress or whatever she was wearing was out of place. Dencia, like seriously she needs to know its not clubbing/dancing time. Empress Njama looks like Sasquatch. Nse looked classy, Rita D’s dress was nothing out of the ordinary which it was o.k. Uche Jombo outfit looked like a glow in the dark glow stick. Fathia Balogun looked flawless. I love Kunle Afolayan and Isaiah Washington, they kept it simple and African. The bottom line is, I think most artists/actors need to know exactly what to where for certain occasions. I mean this is supposed to be the AMAA not MTV awards, I guess everyone is trying to outdo themselves to the point they forgot to keep it classy and elegant.

• Yinda April 25, 2012 at 8:49 am

Seriously, few people looked elegant. Some people, for example, Yvonne Okoro looked a hot mess, her dress or whatever she was wearing was out of place. Dencia, like seriously she needs to know its not clubbing/dancing time. Empress Njama looks like Sasquatch. Nse looked classy, Rita D’s dress was nothing out of the ordinary which it was o.k. Uche Jombo outfit looked like a glow in the dark glow stick. Fathia Balogun looked flawless. I love Kunle Afolayan and Isaiah Washington, they kept it simple and African. The bottom line is, I think most artists/actors need to know exactly what to wear for certain occasions. I mean this is supposed to be the AMAA not MTV awards, I guess everyone is trying to outdo themselves to the point they forgot to keep it classy and elegant.

• Equa April 25, 2012 at 9:17 am

Yvonne, i guess this was your worst dressed day. You don’t need to expose your boobs for the world to notice you are beautiful. You are beautiful and yes i luv your boobs but pleeaase! next time cover it up some more. Will always be a fan anyway. I remember you way back in secondary school and uni.

• lil April 25, 2012 at 9:32 am

now everyone is practicing ‘hey hey look at my breasts’ :( especially yvonne okoro. is denicia’s butt real? :O and ive been watching Grey’s anatomy. seeing isaiah washington made me a happy ass m**f**. in general people look real good. and yes, uti needs to change that pose. doesn’t he get tired of ‘i must be cool by fire by ice’? Jenifer Eliogu needs to start dressing her age. i know mommy and daddy didn’t let her wear slutty stuff. :) IMO

• busola mebude April 25, 2012 at 10:46 am

Its really sad that some ladies still think they need to show boobs to look good. it shows their mama never thought them to have value for their bodies . Showing boobs is not in vogue “empress Ngama” hope u get to read this. aaaargh it’s disgusting!!! but better than naked i guess. where are the fashion police???

• pashe April 25, 2012 at 4:17 pm

seriously i think the worst dressed for me are Ngozi Nwosu and uhe jombo. wat on earth do d tink d r wearing? very horrible. fashion felony. NSE ETIM best dressed anyday. u ROCK GIRL

• SAX April 25, 2012 at 4:20 pm

rita dominic is dressed like a bridesmaid. dat dress id unfit for a red carpet. anita hogan’s dress eeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww. luks cheap

• folake April 26, 2012 at 3:03 pm

beg mak ona no vex oh……..na only morrise ona see………. wat of yvonne okoro.d exposure is too much abeg

• tyscho April 26, 2012 at 3:59 pm

i love nse, aunty grace, blessing egbe, fathia balogun and lynn

• El Toro April 26, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Why do Americans like oversized suits??? *scratching my head*

• amaka April 27, 2012 at 10:06 am

I actually like what Moyo Lawal is wearing. This is a unexpectedly good surprise! Keep it up girl!

• St'McDonald April 27, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Nse, sure did carry dat dress well. Rita dear, u look like a fairy tale queen. Aunty Grace, always stylish. Luv u for dat. Chinedu, u go boy. Looking fab. Kate, gorgeous. Mai oh Mai! My style icon. Luv ur outfit. Fathai darling, i was amazed seeing u look astonishing. Keep it up. Juilet ibrahim, u look sweet. Eku, u smell divaaaaaa! Nice one. As for d rest i would definitely be back.

• Onachi D Best April 29, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Peju.. There is something wrong with your eyes.. everyone looked nice except Morris.. Are you jealous of him.. or what… Who ever you are you to judge so rashly? Please get your grips and look again.. EVERY ONE LOOKS FAB including Morris.. This is a man who left his home and family to travel all the way from USA, to Africa to celebrate with his fellow brothers, and instead of loving all the same.. you are criticing.. You probably need glassess..

• Dale May 3, 2012 at 9:38 pm

whoever is tailoring for Chinedu Ikedieze, his clothes are too tight!!

• Dale May 4, 2012 at 2:01 am

Rita Dominic arms look really fat…

• barbie May 4, 2012 at 5:17 pm

nse ikem etimz……………..fab is the word for ur appearance………….outstanding, tiwa savage thumbs up, always looking good with ur center fixing, and tools nice way too flunt such curves unlike some ppl who showed too much skin………………

• MURIEL EMADE May 7, 2012 at 3:42 pm

I ADMIRE THE WAY OUR AFRICAN FABRICS ARE PUT TO USE.THEY MERGE THE EUROPEAN AND AFRICAN CULTURE.

• papa May 19, 2012 at 9:09 pm

this gerry girl gives me goose pumps shes so damn fucking ugly and please why the pink lipstck dont you own mirrow……biko

• toun May 19, 2012 at 9:16 pm

but really married women in nigeria surprise me nowadays this is so unbelievable

• amaka May 20, 2012 at 9:46 am

geraldine and her partner looks out of place and dencia looks like an imitation of nikky minaj ,yvonne nelson na wa oo you ve had implants…jumai shaba looks funny in the dress wasnt fitted enuff and bolaji animashaun no try for eku this time the dress is pretty bt to be honest she looks lost in it and pale….uche jumbo really?lmao ….half of the people here dont own a mirrow at home and rite dominic pls hire a stylist im sure bolaji can help you….lovenses dress but wrong hair……love mukas too

• chibugo June 28, 2012 at 12:24 am

Ngozi Nwosu, haba! i’m sorely disappointed. SMH

• uche August 12, 2012 at 3:56 pm

Rita Dominic looks so adorable. Grace Egbagbe is so ageless. Nse Ikpe Etim, dat was a risky one but luvly. Mai Atafo, u look smashing. Alex d fine boy. Kate Henshaw, luvly smile. all great.