With so many questions lingering, Mavin Records stars Don Jazzy, Dr SID, D’Prince, Wande Coal and Tiwa Savage sat down with Flytime TV‘s Tracy Nwapa for an in-depth interview.

Here is what BN got from the interview!
Don Jazzy is charismatic! – We think this is the most we have ever seen Don Jazzy speak. The formerly reclusive music maestro has come out of his shell and we like what we see. Don Jazzy talked about how the Mavin name was born (it was a collective effort) plus how they chose the name of their free-for-download Mavin Records album “Solar Plexus” (his dad who is renowned for “blowing grammar” included the term during a regular conversation and it just clicked!)
Seems like Don Jazzy is in a very good place and the Mavin team all get along.

Wande Coal is shy! – The super-talented vocalist is clearly laid back but we had no idea he was shy. Wande represented himself well during the interview. He talked about working on his forthcoming album and taking his time to get things right. According to the Mavin team, Wande’s last hit “Been Long You Saw Me” was basically a press release – sample lyrics – “Been long you saw me, Them say everybody looking for me, Been on tour, I’ve been making my money

D’Prince is his own man! – We found out D’Prince is an independent spirit with a zeal for music. Though we haven’t received a full length album from the Mavin star, he regularly goes into the music and does his thing – even without his famous brother. He is the experimental star within the group and chooses the beats that are different from the norm.
Meanwhile…D’Prince, hmm we don’t believe you banana story o! Watch Part 2 of the interview to see what we are talking about.

Dr SID is sexy! – Yes he is! Watch the interview and see for yourself, the Dr is articulate and all that. Dr SID talked about the #sexyrizationofdrsid, he’s working on himself by going to the gym etc… Plus we found out he is also the “geek” within the team as well.

Tiwa Savage is a diplomat! – We know Miss Savage pretty well on BN as we have published various interviews she has given. However, from this interview, we got to gauge her chemistry with the rest of the Mavin crew. Tiwa gelled well with the guys and so we see this as a partnership that’s built to last.

What We Didn’t See
There was no talk of D’banj and the drama with Mo’Hits. It was obvious this was more of a forward-looking interview

26 Comments on Mavin Records Activated! Watch Tracy Nwapa of Flytime TV’s In-Depth Interview with Mavin Stars – Don Jazzy, Dr SID, D’Prince, Wande Coal & Tiwa Savage | BN’s Analysis of the Exclusive Interview
  • Lovinit May 16, 2012 at 7:05 am

Of course…itz all abt d present!

• kem May 16, 2012 at 7:56 am

i am so loving this combination….God bless u all, amazing interview

• olubukola May 16, 2012 at 8:07 am

Tiwa is really pretty!
    All the best to Don Jazzy and Mavin Records
    xoxoxoxoxo

• Couture By Makioba May 16, 2012 at 8:09 am

A new beginning…..good for all of us….

• kem May 16, 2012 at 8:21 am

are u sure it is banana,@princeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• jossy May 16, 2012 at 8:55 am

Tiwa , the best substitute don jazzy could ever think of, thumbs up.

• fokasibe May 16, 2012 at 10:38 am

Hey! In Wande’s section, please check that the “I’ve making my money” is correct…You don’t have to post this btw…

• iyawo Donjazzy May 16, 2012 at 11:19 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY HUBBY DONJ AND D WHOLE OF MAVIN RECORD.

• Cheese May 16, 2012 at 11:23 am

Heard all the tracks in their marvin all star album (solar plexus) and only a few make sense. Don jazzy pls go back to making those lovely beats with naija flavour and forget about this solar thing u just did. Wishing u guys the best, im with u all the way, just keep making good music.

• Tayo May 16, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Tiwa is so sexy muaaah

• konnie May 16, 2012 at 4:31 pm

You miss host are you married? What kind of unprofessional questions on marriage are you. happy they asked the same question. Grow up

• Yemi May 16, 2012 at 4:51 pm

Did anyone notice, Dbanj was not even mentioned once.It probably was pre-agreed as they focussed primarily on Mavin Records and not on the past. Anyways, I wish them well. Nice one

• Miss T May 16, 2012 at 5:38 pm

I like the interview jo! Everyone, especially Don Baba J and my new love Dr Sid, were entertaining and a joy to watch, ,made me laff so many times. I like that they r comfy round themselves!

• konnie May 16, 2012 at 6:57 pm

A reboot of any system is always good. You all are going to go places with this reboot. Love you Tiwa and the ‘boys’

• nma@yahoo.com May 16, 2012 at 7:23 pm

why would tracy say for her she has cacelled 98 percentage of igbo men out there because they can not handled the fame of a woman in the entertainment industry abeg which fame does tracy have oh i guess she is speaking out of ignorant i forgive her thou because of her age she aint seen nothing yet or experienced anything

• DeMorrieaux May 17, 2012 at 1:13 am

I’m actually quite impressed by this interview.
    Tracy asked rather intelligent and interesting questions. My initial thought was I’d get bored and just stop watching, but I ended up watching it all.
    I also find the Mavin team highly amusing. They really seem to get along very well, and respect each other too. I wish them all the best!

• koko May 17, 2012 at 3:33 am

Ms Tracie next time dress more professionally. the outfit no waka well at all. Shirt too small, green jacket? Flytime at least project yourself properly

• Blossom May 17, 2012 at 4:58 am

Ahn ahn.. Trehssy! As you fine reach you no fit decide whether na British abi na American accent you wan nack! Shooo?

• faith May 17, 2012 at 7:49 am

Yea,didn’t like any song from d solar plexus….pls don j shuld cool down n bring out songs dat we will enjoy….absence of Dbanj in dia music ȋ̊§ already being felt!I wish Dem well anyway!

• sunki May 23, 2012 at 6:46 pm

don jazzy u are mavericks among all…

• sunki May 23, 2012 at 6:49 pm

wadup don jazzy u are mavericks among all…

• Dee-USA May 26, 2012 at 2:45 am

OMG is she serious? That was your lead question? If you thought about if Mavin was spelled incorrectly, why didn’t you just research it yourself. This is the difference between a journalist and a Nigerian OAP. Honey, you had plenty of time, why didn’t you just research what Solar Plexus means so your question would be more about why they called it that (or as DJ said, why is made sense.) You just allowed the interviewee educate you about something you should know. Epic fail! And sweetie, the hair is just wrong!!!

Been holding off on watching this interview for so cos it’s too long, and I knew I’d have a laugh, just didn’t know it would be from the get go. SMH.

Mavin producer he is, but public speaker he is not. Don Jazzy, my advice would be to speak a bit slower so we can actually understand what you’re saying. Is this a live show? Couldn’t they edit out when he asked for drinks. That was so unprofessional, but not even funny. So it was just awkward. Meanwhile, why won’t they be able to say IDJA? No be him get the name?

I just had to stop at the 10:53 mark of the first video. Was so bored that I couldn’t take it any more. I can only imagine what the rest of the video is about, plus the second video with a TRT of 42:17? Who’s gonna watch an interview where nothing new is being said.

• ...::I::O S A S B O Y::I::... May 30, 2012 at 10:48 pm

take banana! thats a hit.

• camaire chick July 13, 2012 at 7:09 am

my boo wande is shy!!! eya!!!! lol

• Truth July 23, 2012 at 11:06 pm

My goodness… I can’t concentrate on the interview because those chairs are god-awful!

• benita ogar February 1, 2013 at 10:27 am

i love the mavin crew,i lov listening to there interview especially jazzy’s….n the kinda of lov n respect each oda the lov radiate n i can c it,i hp it remains so