The Very First Nigerian Idol, Yeka Onka is Back with “Ewa Ba Mi Jo”

Christened ‘Whitney’ by the judges, Yeka Onka is back with her first single, ‘Ewa Ba mi Jo’ since her debut, “Follow me” after winning on Nigerian Idol in 2010. Produced by Micworks, Yekas energy is raw and the combination is a perfect blend.

“It’s been an incredible few months working on the songs on the album coming soon,” Yeka said. “But it’s been very rewarding. This album has different shades of me but the voice will be the thread all through and to keep my fans happy. I have particularly been blessed with a fantastic team and they have worked extremely hard to ensure that this album will blow you away.”

Enjoy!

Play Yeka Onka – Ewa Ba Mi Jo

Download

Her first official performance of ‘E aw ba mi Jo’ will be at Industry Nite on Wednesday September 5. It will be electrifying set along with her team ‘Dance na the main thing’ and dance coach/Performance Director, Jeffery Daniel.

16 Comments on The Very First Nigerian Idol, Yeka Onka is Back with “Ewa Ba Mi Jo”
  • Jummy September 4, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Wow! I loves. Is she Nigerian?

• linda September 4, 2012 at 7:55 pm

duhhh .. u no read the headline b4

• Brandigest September 4, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Haha@linda. After 2yrs, I hope her single makes is to hitlist like Iyanya’s Kukere did. http://www.brandigest.wordpress.com

• Uju September 4, 2012 at 10:01 pm

All d best dear. Moment sound like a hit one bit

• faith September 4, 2012 at 11:41 pm

Wow so …in Short am in love

• Jummy September 5, 2012 at 12:38 am

Eeeerrr Linda the teacher, I saw the headline but it’s Idol and needed to con firm, heexcuse mi, plixt!

• Trendysturvs September 5, 2012 at 8:39 am
  • Priscy September 5, 2012 at 9:39 am

I still think Naomi should have won d NIgerian Idol dat year….nonetheless i’ll download dis song and wish YEnka the best

• huh? September 5, 2012 at 11:26 am

Luv her physique.my kind of gal

• Dan September 5, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Phew! The song is huge!
    Please how do we get her contact for a show in Kenya?

• God Pikin September 5, 2012 at 1:22 pm

@ Priscy u tuk it right outta my mouth, I tink Naomi was a better singer, nonetheless, all d best Yenka..

• notaplayerhater September 5, 2012 at 3:27 pm

i thot the name was Yeka Onka?? why does it say YENKA onka on the album cover?

• Brownie September 5, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Directors / Producers of this show in Nigeria are the most idiotic people i have ever seen.. First – they delay this girl’s songs for 2 years and finally it’s out but with a wrong name on the album .. Reality Show producers / directors every where in the world throws out songs from their winners just few days after the show.. sometimes on the same night the show ends.. WHY BINDING THESE YOUNG TALENTS WITH YOUR CONTRACT AND NOT PROJECT THEIR TALENTS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE VICTORY .. Then after all the wait , it comes out with wrong name and a very unprofessional album cover.. SHAME ON YOU PRODUCERS / DIECTORS OF NIGERIAN IDOLS.. I pity these winners you frustrate ! .. Do you think Nigerians are fools ?

• JustPassingBy September 5, 2012 at 10:38 pm

I’d have said you are spot on Brownie because this while thing pisses me off real bad but I also know the Nigerian system and how things can be tough to get off the ground especially when you have vendors/partners failing you.
    I remember Timi and Omawumi wasted almost two years on Orangootan records after West African Idol before their careers picked up on the third year, where is Nokia First Chance winner??? Where are the Naija Sings winners??
    This whole reality business is quite tricky so the little we can do is to wish this trying all the best.
    My 2 cents.

• Lulu September 7, 2012 at 10:36 pm

DOnt like her shorts, too short for me…just saying