damilola-adegbiteOn Valentine’s Day 2013, Michelle Bello‘s latest film Flower Girl which stars former Tinsel star Damilola Adegbite as well as Chris Attoh (Tinsel), Eku Edewor (53 Extra), Bikiya Graham Douglas and Chuks Chukwujekwu will hit cinemas across the country.

In an interview with VMZEntertainment in November 2012, Damilola Adegbite speaks on her humble beginnings, how she got the role as Telema Duke on Tinsel and her relationship status.

Here are some fun facts from the interview;
She always wanted to be an actress - Although she went to study Business Administration at Bowen, Iwo, Osun, Damilola tells us via the interview, She explains that “I am one of those kids who used to dress up and spend hours in front of  the mirror talking to myself making my own script off my head. So I always knew that I was going to be an actress and I don’t think anybody in family doubted that”

On her decision to leave Tinsel - Fans of the hit M-Net show loved her portrayal of Telema Duke, so why did she decided to leave, It was a “personal” one, she tells us in the interview. She further said “I needed to pay attention to some personal demons that I had to face, so leaving tinsel wasn’t something I thought I would do but sometimes in life, you just face a change and you have to embrace it”

Journey So Far After Tinsel - She calls the journey an “interesting” one, that she is learning everyday. Damilola also reveals that she has her eyes on other “angles of the industry”. Maybe she is talking about producing or directing her own movie.

On the Future - So what does the future look like for Damilola? You’ll think it is to appear in more feature films but it is far from that. She explains in the interview that she recently opened her store Damiville. I sell accessories, make-up and aromatherapy. So (For the Future), I hope to build an empire in that aspect of my life. She tells us.

Is She Single or Married? – When her asked about her relationship status, Damilola played coy. She raised her hands up signifying that she’s single. “It’s either single or married right, it’s single “ she says but in Genevieve Magazine’s Wedding Issue, the starlet gushed about the love of her life saying “From when I laid my eyes on him at an event, I knew we would date”

Watch the interview

39 Comments on “I Always Wanted to be an Actress” Nollywood Starlet, Damilola Adegbite speaks on Leaving Tinsel, “Flower Girl” & More | Watch the Interview
  • auntie January 18, 2013 at 12:45 pm

fOrst! llol

• AMA January 18, 2013 at 4:19 pm

Praise the Lord…now you have fulfilled your new years resolution

• brittany January 18, 2013 at 5:11 pm

ahhahahahahaha lmaaaoooo u have made me day

• P January 18, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Note to Naija celebs. U can talk clearly without adding the ridiculous “foreign” accents that some of U imitate. I’ve never seen or heard of this lady but she’s won me over cos she did not try to kill me with some fake-me-out accent. Will be looking for her movies when they get released. Maybe

• chichi January 18, 2013 at 3:21 pm

oh phlease!!!..she speaks very well..leave her alone..

• Lani January 18, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Did people read this comment at all? Whoever wrote this is praising Dami Adegbite, saying she speaks well without trying to sound foreign. Read before you attack!

• nene January 18, 2013 at 1:13 pm

i can see all the “packaging” and tins. she should have done another pose for the picture.

• Anon January 18, 2013 at 4:51 pm

Yep padded bra and pant on show.

• Msunderstood January 19, 2013 at 3:24 am

Really, padded pant ke? We were school mates n she’s always had a bad ass, those types dat angle up n make u walk funny sef. Small but angling up like dat. I’m a chic o but dat her ass ehn na fire.

• meah January 18, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Havent we heard this before??? You interviewed her a while back Bella and we heard this same things. Its begining to sound like an overkill.

• Ennie January 18, 2013 at 4:22 pm

Like button needed here!!!

• Purpleicious Babe January 19, 2013 at 2:14 am

that wat i thought… but then again BN needs to keep the posting posts for readers to read nah..lol

• madame January 18, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I totally agree with u Meah…

• Miz B January 18, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Pple speak well ,you say its ‘fone’, they speak normal you say they sound bush and can’t speak well. Pls leave the girl alone if you have nothing interesting to say! Sheeesh!

• gistyinka January 18, 2013 at 2:21 pm

you are always great actress…
    gistyinka.com

• Contessa January 18, 2013 at 2:45 pm

@miz b, hope all is well? As u don dey talk to spirit

• dont mention January 18, 2013 at 3:08 pm

i love me some damilola….u go girl, u cant go wrong in ma eyes…hehehehehehe
    vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

• Odine January 18, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Yet another confirmation to all ‘them’ ugly people hiding behind their cheap computers bashing people following their dreams and making a honest living. This girl is beautiful and talented, so haters don’t matter.

• Ooch January 18, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Dami you are beautiful as you are talented. I’m one of the many rooting for you, please know that it can only get bigger and better for you and all the young, promising talented actors out there.

• Armie January 18, 2013 at 3:18 pm

Why must you blog visitors find fault with everything, ehn? Just sit behind your yeye computer and write nonsense. This girl has it going on and if you don’t like it, go and die!

• Armie January 18, 2013 at 3:21 pm

@ Nene, all celebs, the ones worth their salt, onions & pepper know that packaging is essential to their craft, so stop sounding like u live under the rocks.

• Ritadivine January 18, 2013 at 3:24 pm

This girl is one to watch out for oh. I’m not a Tinsel fan but I knew it was only a matter of time before this girl decided to move to the big screen. I pray you excel.

• Ejiro January 18, 2013 at 3:28 pm

All of u saying she’s speaking ‘fone’ can’t speak the most passable English but always excited to say someone is forming ‘gone’. Abeg speak your own, sebi it’s to hear the girl. Miss. Adegbite, I hear you alright. Please keep doing your thing and shut these jobless people up.

• Ramola January 18, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I most certainly will be watching all of your movies. Forget all these bad ‘bele’ people holed up in the ghetto daydreaming and wishing they were you.

• Ajike January 18, 2013 at 3:33 pm

This girl is beautiful sha and a good actress. By the way, I don’t get the issue with people on this blog ranting about the way she sounds. Don’t listen if its disturbing you jo!

• Coleen January 18, 2013 at 3:37 pm

If you ugly na wahala, if you fine, it’s double trouble. She sure sounds fine and well spoken to me, so maybe some of you should go back to English class or clean out your dirty ears. I really would love to see this movie

• Anynomymous January 18, 2013 at 3:37 pm

All of you attacking “P” on his/her comment about Damilola speaking fone, should read the comment again- The comment is saying that UNLIKE MOST ACTRESSES, she WAS NOT faking fone… ;)

• Toun January 18, 2013 at 3:39 pm

Go Dami, go Dami go! Oluwa is definitely involved in your life! Believe me when I say so many people are cheering you on to success and fame!

• Jemila January 18, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I’m not a fan yet but I see great things for this girl. A certain je ne ce quais going on and it’s what many people in TV and film aspire to. And what’s wrong with packaging? What do you think Hollywood is built on? Truth? You must be joking! Beyonce, Kerry Washington, Angelina Jolie etc are all about packaging, even Genevieve re-packaged herself, hence the endorsement and ‘tinz’. Free the girl, she’s not fine for nothing, she can act, so leave story land.

• timi January 18, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Good interview.I enjoyed it but she needs to learn how to pronounce accessories.

• poshilla! January 18, 2013 at 11:54 pm

DAMILOLA WICH ONE BE PERSONAL DEMONS?HIAN!! NAIJA LET US ALWAYS CPOY AND PASTE WELL,U ONLY HEAR OYIBOS SAYIN SUCH AND TRULY DEY BEHAVE LIKE PPL FIGHTIN DEMONS SEF ,SO GIRL REJECT DAT STATEMENT NOW! NOW! #OK OOOOO

• sassycassie January 22, 2013 at 5:05 pm

lol.u’re a trip

• Asaa January 19, 2013 at 12:44 am

She speaks PERFECT english! No faking! Shez got Genevive’s mannerisms. Go girl! Well branded!

• kmh January 19, 2013 at 1:56 pm

You mean Genevive do wear padded bra and pant? Pls don’t Go there….what you clearly see in the above pix is clearly a fake bum,zoom it,and you will see,,not as if I’m against it anyway,as I owe one as well…why was it made then

• Winny January 19, 2013 at 6:10 pm

@Pshilla we all have personal demons to deal with, it’s called prioritizing, clearing your mind and getting your life back on track. It does not mean she is possessed by the devil, maybe you should it this 2013. SMH

• poshilla January 20, 2013 at 10:33 am

teacher dont teach me nonsense!! go n exhibit ur education skill in ur house ! mtschewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! SMH

• ernest agbewhe January 21, 2013 at 12:04 pm

lool…am so luving evry coment here…gosh 9jerians can so curse!!..our bad belle too mch jor….but i luv u babe sha,every step of the way…i think pple lyk tonto dike,annie macauly,mercy johnson, e.t.c shuld learn one or two 4rm u!!

• x factor January 21, 2013 at 6:57 pm

Impressive

• Chi January 22, 2013 at 3:32 am

I love her!!!!! No forming no nothing! Spoke eloquently and direct! She just gained another fan!