Titi ArowoloInvestigations into the cold blooded murder of Titilayo Arowolo, who was allegedly killed by her husband, Akolade Arowolo in 2011 has taken a new twist with the testimony of Bolanle Arowolo, mother of Akolade. Titi was found dead in her apartment with 76 stab wounds on 24th June 2011 and since then, investigations into her death commenced.

At the Ikeja High Court on Tuesday 21st January 2013, Bolanle attested to her son’s innocence saying he “is not that kind of child.”

Premium Times recounted some of her statements at the court thus:

Akolade, from his childhood till the day he got married when he stopped staying with me, was well behaved, had the fear of God and was never violent. I know his behaviour well enough and he has been a pastor at age 12. Though I don’t know what killed her (Titilayo) but I will disagree with anybody who tells me that my son killed her because he is not that kind of a child,”

She added that the misunderstanding between the couple started when the late Titi aborted her pregnancy and described her as troublesome and rude, earning her the nickname ‘Thatcher’.

A misunderstanding ensued between the couple when it was discovered that Titilayo aborted a pregnancy on the orders of Adetoun (her step mother) without my son’s knowledge,” Mrs Arowolo, a Deaconess at Foursquare Gospel Church, said.

She added that the news of Titi’s death was shocking because she had long moved to her father’s residence after issues relating to the abortion she had without her husband’s consent cropped up.

How she met the deceased

Mrs. Arowolo said that she met the deceased in June 2007 after her son brought her home and described their wedlock as “accidental.”

Akolade brought her home and described her to me as his school mate at the post-graduate school where he was undergoing a master’s degree. I didn’t see her (Titilayo) again until July 2008 when Akolade brought her home again that she was pregnant for him.”

“Both of them appealed to me and I and my husband (Mudashiru) went to see the deceased parents after two weeks. But surprisingly, after one month, my son suddenly brought wedding invitation cards saying he had fixed a date after consulting with the deceased’s family,” Mrs. Arowolo said.

She also denied any claims of her son’s infidelity in his marriage and his proposal to marry another lady at the church the couple attends, which earned him a suspension at the church as well as deepened the rift in the marriage.

Titi’s brutal murder tore deep into the hearts of many people across the world, especially women, raising renewed calls for women to speak up against domestic violence. We hope the investigations into her murder yield tangible results and that justice would prevail.

45 Comments on Titi Arowolo Murder Trial: “My Son did not Murder his Wife… He (was) a Pastor at age 12″ Mother of Alleged Wife Killer Says
  • Yoruba Geh January 23, 2013 at 9:55 am

nkan ti o pamo si eniyan…kedere ni ni waju oluwa

• Grace January 23, 2013 at 9:59 am

This is sad indeed,only God knows who is telling the truth here…

• Stella January 23, 2013 at 10:01 am

She is talking nonsense, ofcourse she will side her son.

• melzy January 23, 2013 at 10:05 am

So who killed titi,was she the one that stabbed herself 76 times? of course his mum will say her son isnt a murderer. They shud better judge dat case well o, the murderer must not go unpunished o.

• akindoyin oladunni January 23, 2013 at 10:23 am

Mrs arowolo should just fear God in this matter ,no matter how long we live on planet earth we will die one day.Weather she believe it or not her son will one day go to that place he sent Titi.We shall all stand at judgement feet to give account of everything we av done in the flesh.As truely born again she should fear God.

• Opsy January 23, 2013 at 10:07 am

May her soul rest in peace. Another case of a copuple rushing into marriage without getting to know each other properly. A couple shouldn’t just marry because the lady got pregnant.

• Boladale January 23, 2013 at 10:20 am

Can u imagine? They want to save their son now, both mother and father. It is well God is the best judge and He will judge accordingly. Sebi she is a mother too.

• Mahogany January 23, 2013 at 10:23 am

Oh really? How surprising?? what would she have said??? that her son is a killer and has been killing since age 12??? Please sit down and let the killer be killed o jare. Nonsense

• Mau January 23, 2013 at 10:36 am

Can this woman keep quiet????
    What in heaven before hell lets loose is she talking about?
    God is watching us all.

• Omo January 25, 2013 at 3:37 pm

same thing on my mind my dear …God is watching us all

• XoXo January 23, 2013 at 11:00 am

9ja mother in-laws, you go fear fear. I broke up with my ex because of this his mother issues. The spineless mofo could not stand up to his mum for anything. My mum warned me, if anything happens to you in that family, you are on your own o. Once you get married,we your parents can’t intervene o, before they give us a bad name and say we want to spoil your marriage. So think about it well, you have no backing in that family, and they will all gang up against you, and your mumu husband will be looking and let them. Let’s just say I dumped the ass, after his mother was advancing towards me and wanted to hit me one day. I could see it in her eyes, I kept moving back, moving backwards, till she stopped. What did the mumu say, mummy couldnt have wanted to hit you na, you over read the situation. So it is until I feel Wosa on my face before you take me serious, or even after that, you’ll tell me, Mummy didnt mean to hit you, you probably made her angry. I was girlfriend then o, not wife. Lord help us from these men o. Women, you to shine ya eye. Such men always have signs, we just conveniently ignore. Nigerians, please stop putting undue pressure on women to marry. She may still be alive today, if she didnt marry this monster. 76times for goodness sake, if he was here, Shrinks will psychoanalyse his ass, and he will have enough blood on his hands, he will rot in jail, even if his mother brings the Pope as a character witness.

• Lorlah January 23, 2013 at 11:05 am

Pastor @ 12 indeed and he got her pregnant before any marital right. Madam face the reality of life and ask for mercy over your son. Our God is a merciful God. Am not judging you ma but your words does not make any sense nor speaks volume. Study to show thy self approved my bible tells me no pre- marital sex before marriage a pastor should know better and you too as Dcn. Your son lost his 1st love ages ago which is Christ. As a young mother myself I will rather not speak but stand in gap for my son, for mercy and favour. Don’t live in denial.

• nykezze January 23, 2013 at 8:27 pm

you’re fantastiv!! God bless you for this comment…..the sovereign God who sees and knows all things, the incorrubtible judge will judge everyone in this case…

• gistyinka January 23, 2013 at 11:11 am

that is Nigeria for all of us ,all of us are victims of justice in life…

gistyinka.com

• pade January 23, 2013 at 11:14 am

A supposed Deaconess in a church.
    Olorun maa ri ejo daa
    I know if this guy is guilty he will not go unpunished on the face of the earth let the mother keep talking jargons, except she doesnt have a daughter she will also partake in the sons punishment. What do we even except from a murderer’s mother no be one of the parent he go resemble im ashamed to be called a yoruba with this woman talk, Agbaya buruku, iya ose.

• iamfascinating January 23, 2013 at 11:45 am

hmmn, Mama, 80% of parents know nothing about their kids. Just pray. She was also someone’s daughter.

thestunninglady.blogspot.com

• OMG!!! January 23, 2013 at 11:49 am

Maybe she stabbed herself!!! wetin that woman dey talk sef! She’s as high as her son. She wants her son home while the deceased stay dead. Abeg,she should park well

• Rita January 23, 2013 at 12:15 pm

na wa o choi

ritaegwu.blogspot.com

• AW January 23, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Ah! Marriage takes the Grace of God.

• x factor January 23, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Dear Ma,
    A Pastor @ 12 gets a girl pregnant before marriage, dishonors parents by going ahead to fix a wedding date without their consent? gets suspended for violating church and scriptural standards???????????………….The corpse of a his separated wife was found in his house and he was nabbed with blood stained shirt after attempting to escape………………..
    …This witness has no substance……God help us all

• Tee January 23, 2013 at 12:35 pm

So what killed her? I know this family very well, we all attended foursquare gospel church in Ejigbo, very wonderful n godly family. Kolade was also someone we looked up to back then. It came to me as a shock as well, considering the fact that i had just read one of the numerous messages he sent on facebook preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ.
    However, the mum needs to maintain a neutral stance on this, its not a must to testify now,is it?…She cannot confidently say the son didnt kill his wife, people change due to thier present circumstances, they say he was depressed for a long time, that could have triggered his action, or the popular ‘it was the devil that pushed me to do it’.
    She should stop drawing attention to herself and let the jury pass thier verdict when its time, well, unless she can provide a very an evident to attest the son’s innocence.
    Justice has to prevail, the girl was just wated like that.

• Tee January 23, 2013 at 12:37 pm

sorry, *provide an evidence* I mean, I posted b4 reading!

• Roseline January 23, 2013 at 12:39 pm

what you sow, you shall reap! simple! it will be worse for you when you use the church to lie! God cannot be mocked!!!

• Traditionalbay January 23, 2013 at 2:28 pm

woman go back to bed…its still early jorr. The wicked will not go unpunished. simples!

• wow January 23, 2013 at 2:48 pm

anybody who stabs anyone 76 times must have had some emotional connection to the person be it anger , love etc hmmm

• tammy January 23, 2013 at 2:59 pm

This mama must be high on cheap meds.

• Jet January 23, 2013 at 3:01 pm

A mother that would not take sides with her son is an evil woman, nevertheless her testimony has only put his good character in issue, there has to be somebody who can give evidence of his bad character. My brother is very abusive it does not mean when he gets into trouble my mother wouldnt lie 4 him. she is not the best person to testify on his behalf.

• BeeT January 23, 2013 at 3:04 pm

“But SURPRISINGLY, after one month, my son suddenly brought wedding invitation cards saying he had fixed a date after consulting with the deceased’s family….” The statement in quote and many others proved that this woman apparently doesn’t know her son well enough; nor does she know what he’s capable of doing. And some who became a pastor at 12 sure knows better that impregnating a woman outside wedlock isn’t one of the qualities of a pastor.

• ij January 23, 2013 at 4:08 pm

Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt.
    Please ma wake up.

• YummyMummy January 23, 2013 at 4:37 pm

The investigative team should look more into this case,where was Akolade on the night Arowolo was killed?

What was the lady doing in Akolade’s apartment when he was killed,cos apparently as it stated that they were seperated form each other.Was she there to apologise,was she their to fight,was she there to flirt with the husband?

Akolade’s neighbours should be questioned too,Did they hear her scream,shout e.t.c?

and a DNA should have been carried out on Akolade’s T shirt, as that is enough evidence against him.A DNA could be carried out clothes for more than 20years as the case of Stephen Lawrence in the UK.

and How did he react to the death of his supposed wife.Forget about the mum testifying,a lot of criminals don’t tell the truth and some carry it to their grave.Talk about criminal master minders.

• Omo January 23, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Why are u all so judgemental!!! Let he dat has no sin throw d first stone. Kolade is not a murderer why dont u wait patiently till he speaks.
    If a woman attack u by stabbing u wat will u do? Wasnt dat wat d doctor said? n ow can a man wit deep defence wound on his palm stab another 76 times? Dere is more dan we can ever answer in dis case.

• Omo January 23, 2013 at 4:54 pm

Witnesses said d blood on his shirt were from cut on his own body not from hers.

• Layo January 23, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Emi na Pastor since I was born! She needs to stay out of it. It’s probably some kind of maternal instinct making her speak, but you can’t handle this one, ma’am.

• koko January 23, 2013 at 5:45 pm

She is hurting her sons case with the callous and indignant way she is describing the deceased. Just saying.

• JIMI HENDRICKS January 23, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Madam Deaconess has just indicted her son by providing the motive for the killing.
    The abortion is the reason her son killed his wife and the deaconess in an attempt to justify her murderer son has just proved he is guilty.
    And of course her son has been a pastor from age 12, and who told her pastors don’t do bad things.

• salsera January 23, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Oh please, do you think its possible to stab someone 76times and not have a cut on your own hand? thats like say you punch someone till you break their jaw but you dont have any bruises. By the way , one stab wound was so deep the frigging knife was stuck in her neck!! Mama you are in denial. He was the last person to see her alive and based on his own testimony she did it to herself because she was possessed. So what happened next he helped her finish it off abi? So all their violent fights that neighbours testified of seemed to fade in the mothers memory abi, its is now abortion because of another usual suspect stepmom that was the reason abi. Pshew – pastor my foot, even Samson fell but at least he had remorse and ‘repented’. The guy should just plead guilty and end this frigging charade. The guy even had the nerve to answer the phone when her parents rang asking why they had not heard from her saying she busy. Why didnt he say then that ‘Ah na d demon in her dey stab herself in fact come and help me’

• Okey January 23, 2013 at 7:49 pm

It may not have been the husband that killed her but my question is that this womans body was discovered two days after the murder. Why didn’t this guy report to that police before then since it was in his apartment and moreover the neighbours said said they saw him jump the fence. Let there be thoroug investigation and the boys mothere should not speak on this matter cos there is bound to be sentimaents on her part. She should just stand in prayer for God expose the killer if she believed her son didn’t kill her. Let God take absolute control. There’s no one without sin. Let’s Gods mercy and judgement prevail in this case

• nykezze January 23, 2013 at 8:33 pm

@lorlah….you’re fantastic

• dontmention January 23, 2013 at 9:41 pm

Am not saying me anything……God dint make me the judge of any body but He did give wisdom which inspired the justice system.so all I can say is that I pray that he grants these upholders of the law to see with eyes of grace who is faulty n punish them accordingly n I think mama is not thinking straight too…..time to go back to God in prayers..
    Vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

• Bsugar January 23, 2013 at 10:33 pm

She better shout dat mouth of hers! Mother of a murderer! They better judge dat case well and let justice take it cost, if nt…………physical vegeance will come to playooooo! Wat rubbish? Who stabbed Titi 76times? Pastor my -!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bibi January 24, 2013 at 4:31 pm

God knows best and justice shall prevail

• kene January 28, 2013 at 8:34 pm

@omo if I wanted to kill some1,i would plan it well. The dude knew what he did wen he killed his wife so he probably stabbed himself in the hand too to make it look like some1 attacked him.so if some1 stabs u,u’d stab the person back. The bible says wen some1 slaps u,turn the oda cheek for the person..this dude killed his wife.no one is judging him. We r just speaking facts. If he confesses. He will have peace of mind and the good Lord will so forgive him.im sad dat a mother can say dis..this is just bad. Many are called but a few are chosen. Its nt every1 dat calls God dat is following him. Our so called politicians go to church yet they steal..im just sad reading this