Posted on Friday, February 8th, 2013 at 11:31 AM

By Damilare Aiki

Weekend Getaway - BellaNaija

It’s here – and yes, it is HOT  with a whole lot of drama.

The official trailer of one of the most anticipated flicks of 2013 – Weekend Getaway is out. Directed by Desmond Elliot, the Royal Arts Academy Movie production was filmed in Uyo in  Akwa Ibom and features many of the biggest names in Nollywood as well as upcoming actors.

Last year, BN Movies & TV brought you some behind-the-scenes photos of the movie starring Genevieve Nnaji, Ramsey Nouah, Ini Edo, Monalisa Chinda, Uti Nwachukwu, Bryan Okwara, Alexx Ekubo, Beverly Naya, Uru Eke, Bobby Obodo, Bishop “Ime” Umoh and Ini Ikpe.

Now, you can watch the trailer.

Weekend Getaway Cast - BellaNaija

Official Synopsis

It is a glamorous, witty, suspense-filled drama about five couples with relationship issues who spend the weekend in a plush, exotic hotel. The film exposes the drama, dysfunction, intrigues, lies and ultimately love, that abounds in their lives.

According to reports, the movie will premiere in the cinemas on Friday 29th March 2013 with a private screening  on Sunday 24th March 2013.

Watch the Official Trailer

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 58 Comments on “The Star Packed Movie of the Year! Watch Genevieve Nnaji, Ramsey Nouah, Ini Edo, Bryan Okwara, Monalisa Chinda, Uti Nwachukwu & More in “Weekend Getaway” | Trailer & Poster”

Comments
    • Funmi February 8, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Can’t wait

• uche February 8, 2013 at 11:48 AM

hope this isnt a copy of “why did i get married”. we are waiting!

• Titi February 8, 2013 at 1:59 PM

But of course it is!

• Ore February 8, 2013 at 2:06 PM

How can it be when only one couple is married? Besides, people copy all the time, even in Hollywood. Stop making noise about copying.

• Simya February 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Evidently not…din’t we watch the same trailer

• Tee February 8, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Yea star packed indeed but Uti?

No one should label me a hater but the guy can’t act abeg, I hope he’s better in this movie.

• jade February 8, 2013 at 8:07 PM

thats not true, he act

• dont mention February 8, 2013 at 12:21 PM

cant wait either but i hope they didnt genny with uti….dat guys acting sucks ….looking good so far
      vikkyscreed.blogspot.com

• Dlapikin February 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Bishop umoh is just not funny! Always doing the same gimmicks gets tiring!

• Chyke February 8, 2013 at 12:36 PM

I will watch it bcos of Genny n Ramsey. D trailer isn’t bad but dat Bishop guy is ann0ying, he isn’t 4nny @all. Ini is manageable. As 4 Uti, Alex Ekubo n Monalisa, if I can buy talent, I would have bought 5000 talents each 4 dem even if it will cost me my head. Bryan Okwara is trying. Go Genny n Ramsey, I love u guys. Genny looks so hot. I wonder why dey didn’t star as couple.

• na u know February 8, 2013 at 4:01 PM

Bishop is funny! Get a life!

• Kiki February 8, 2013 at 5:46 PM

thank you, that bishop guy is begging for a bullet.

• Bella February 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM

cannot wait…..star studded cast!

• marie February 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM

all my stars r in!!!!!!!! can’t wait!!! gud job guyssssssssssssssssssss

• Emeralds February 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I am sooooo looking forward to this movie, can’t wait heheheheheh

• Chyke February 8, 2013 at 1:25 PM

D song is ok abi wetin me suppose talk? …..LMAO…..make she give Tonto Dike some tips on how to make an OK song. Pata Pata is OK. I will take THIS SONG over d whole of TERRY G’s songs put 2geda. D gal tried.

• Billionaire in Dollars February 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Cant wait to watch this movie… with all my favourites stars and Genny u are the best all the way

• Lekan February 9, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Not according to the producers of Half of a yellow sun

• Vince February 14, 2013 at 12:08 PM

That story was not a statement from the producer but a speculation from an unknown so there is no way to claim its authenticity. But why am I wasting my time trying to defend her. When u hate someone you will never see any good in that person, it’s just human nature. So hate on Lekan.
          Love you Genny! Looking forward to the movie.

• x factor February 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I hope this was not inspired by ‘why did i get married’

• Let It Flow February 8, 2013 at 1:52 PM

I like how you have phrased your comment – ‘INSPIRED’. Modest. Hhmnnh. ‘Why did I get married’ with a twist.

• George rocker February 8, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Good thriller…hope the actual movie comes out good thoo.

• Nomy February 8, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Fine boy, plenty swagger,that part is hilarious sha! Caught them on set for this movie October 2011, if it has taken this long to come out, then am almost sure it will be a treat!

• asgrl February 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM

as usual, vapid subject mater and the trailers never make sense.

• Simya February 13, 2013 at 7:21 PM

ASIN!!

• Urban February 8, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Why did i get married l’omo!!

• Urban February 8, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Eager to watch it sa!!!

• Blossom February 8, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Make we see naa

• nnenne February 8, 2013 at 3:11 PM

will definitely be watching this. star studded for real mehn…

• P. February 8, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Can’t wait to see it! Seems quite similar to “Couple’s Retreat” and “The Best Ever Marigold Hotel” though.

• kina February 8, 2013 at 3:49 PM

Why do their trailers never ever make sense for goodness sake. Its called a pitch…..the trailer is suppose to pitch the idea that you cannot afford to miss this movie. urgh!!!! anyway Genny is too beautiful (not fair). Beverly needs to go to acting school, even through the trailer her flaws are glaring. Wonder what the full movie will be like.

• omotee February 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM

nice preview

• Bey February 8, 2013 at 4:05 PM

With Genny nd Ramsey I’m sooo watching this movie cox dey are my fave..Genny is alwayS Real nd calm..she’s not gragra like some wannabes

• Qte February 8, 2013 at 4:28 PM

One word…STUPID, and the trailer even more ludicrous. Too much show show and no substance. Same old, same old with expensive clothes, clearer picture. However, I give some to them for the effort…they try sha, but the movie is flat.

• EMELIE February 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Whatz with Uti, Alex and their kool and gang showing up in our faces all the time. enough already biko. i don tire. monalisa? acts weird. Uti? horrible! Alex? not worth my time. beverly? hmmm1 Genny? now we are talking business and Ramsey? blows my mind all the time. Sorry Ini, i forgot u and u know what that means abi? AND DT UMOH GUY, WE ARE TIRED OF D SAME GIMMICKS IN ALL UR FILMS. ENOUGH ALREADY. And now my people, my take is of the day is BOBBY OGBODO!!!! MEN THAT GUY IS A BREATHE OF FRESH AIR. U GUYS GO WATCH MRS. SOMEBODY. THE GUY IS GOOD PERIOD.

• jade February 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM

lmao, Monalisa acts weird. REALLY? wow. Need to see what all the hype is about Bobby Ogbodo!!! Will reply later

• gem ma February 8, 2013 at 9:15 PM

bobbyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy fo rlifeee dearie!i concur at him been a breath of fresh air….he was born to be an actor.

• BlackMagic babe February 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM

Oh Genny!!!!

• precious February 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM

@emelie youv said it all. Bobby Obodo the guy who played charles in mrs somebody is the reason i will carry dis my big yansh go see this movie, and of course ramsey, genny bishop. as for the rest i wldnt ve wasted my kudi. i for wait for the dvd come out.

• nene February 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM

not bad! alex ekubo is very handsome. can’t wait to see everyone, i sense some plots and twists.

• NNENNE February 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM

A “must watch!”

• Bangor chic February 8, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I fell in love with Bobby when I saw ‘mrs somebody’ the guy is absolutely amazing, he is very real with his acting and a true breath of fresh air.

• Odine February 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Did I notice a bit of ‘maid in manhattan’ ?

• Mz Socially Awkward.... February 9, 2013 at 2:13 AM

You did. Ini’s apparently reprising J-Lo’s character here.

• Tesonma February 9, 2013 at 1:50 AM

lovely!

• Uk February 9, 2013 at 3:22 AM

Pls the only reason bobby looked good in mrs somebody is because we were already feeling for uche jumbo and he became her Prince Charming , Kenneth guy did better pls but both were no where near Yemi even though mrs somebody was it for jumbo acting not the guys…. Back to this movie , I am totally watching it for Emem isong , she does real stories I mean she did mrs somebody and I thought the movie wAs half way my friend’ s story.

• Bess February 9, 2013 at 4:27 AM

Alexx Ekubo, is the best of the actors lined up.. I saw him in a different film.. He was really good.. I say, watch out for him.. He should go Hollywood.. He should sign up with an agent in NY and surely will go places if he works toward it..

• Q.Obodo February 9, 2013 at 5:07 AM

I love you Bobby Obodo. Your future wife.

• Maria February 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Uruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu I see you girl.

• Patricia February 9, 2013 at 7:48 PM

To jade, i was finking same about the hype of bobby obodo when my sist & hubby were bugging our ears with his name, but I saw his movie mrs somebody with uche jombo, i blv he is going to take over nollywood soon. i wldnt argue if he’s d best new
      actor out there, but he has one huge advantage over the others both old & new actors; he is a natural act. it feels like he plays himself in his movie. if he builds on that
      strength, he’s gone. love his acting & i will def watch his movies. Uru is a good actress but i think dey should stop calling her new actress. she needs to shine more. its a rat race industry. uti, bryan, alex, naya. oh well… genny & ramsey of life. ini has lost it. she hasn’t grown in her acts. cnt wait to see dis movie

• Troker February 9, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I wish Nigerian movie trailers would actually give us an idea of what the movie is about or the storyline instead or just throwing out random scenes. This makes no sense to me.

• D Fairy GodSister February 10, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Looks like something I’d like to see, all star cast……

chiomachuka.com

• kelvin February 11, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Alex. Ekubo and hollywood shld nvr be mentioned in the same sentence, saw dat dude nd uti in that movie, in the cupboard, dat movie was a train wreck, horrible storyline, terrible editing and it was plagued wit bad acting, ini edo’s acting was overshadowed in all of that mess!

• Cima February 11, 2013 at 9:55 PM

All films are inspired by something, i doubt its why did i get married. Meanwhile if you think in d cupboard was a bad film then, you probably have a weird taste for everything.

I will like to watch this, really hope it came together perfectly

• grace February 15, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Why Uti? did he briebe the Director or what,the guy is not an actor I beg he should be placed where he belongs…………he knows nothing about acting shame shame shame we are bored with him let him do Jara o

• isatou dumbuya February 28, 2013 at 12:21 PM

this movie is goin to b boom gosh cant wait to watch it….bobby obodo, beverly and ramsey in the movie its gona b crezy

• Poppy April 9, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Well I think d movie will be lovely and u hatters of uti nd Alex they a good in their own way can’t wait to see d movie luv ya all

• Ashley November 16, 2013 at 4:39 AM

truth be told..We all love Genevieve cos she’ll real, when she acts we can immediately relate with it and that’s cos her acting is natural. Ramsey used to do it for me but not anymore…but he still has it in him..Ini is a NO-NO, always has been. Uti hmmmm…we all loved uti in bigbrother cos he was real, being himself…and am thinking is it cos he didnt have a script to act from? cos really his acting sucks…but in all i’ll watch this movie cos of Emem Isong…or is the movie out yet?