Posted on Monday, April 15th, 2013 at 7:51 PM

By Onos O

mm jd

Earlier today, BN announced that Ghollywood superstar, Yvonne Nelson was honoured by GoWoman for her film career and her charity work in glaucoma awareness. Well, it seems she’s not the only Ghollywood superstar that is receiving honours for a stellar film career & charity work.

On April 10, 2013, the city of Philadelphia, USA honoured two of Ghollywood’s most popular superstars – Majid Michel & John Dumelo for their exemplary work in their film careers as well as their charity work. John Dumelo posted the above photo on his Instagram with the following caption:

“History was made yesterday! Honoured by the city of Philadelphia for outstanding contribution to the African film industry and charity work. We are honoured to be honoured.”

Congratulations!

Photo Credits: Instagram – @JohnDumelo1

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , ,

• Custom Search
  • 23 Comments on “African Movie Stars Majid Michel & John Dumelo honoured by the City of Philadelphia, USA | For Film Career & Charity Work”

Comments
    • Naveah April 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Whatever happed to John Dumelo? My man, whatever you are doing please take it easy o because you used to be a fresh looking, handsome young fella but now you are looking like a middle aged man and I have heard you are not even 30 yet. Abeg everything in moderation – work, food, drink and even women okay my brother. Looking all kinds of worn out, jeez!

• Miss Eloquent April 15, 2013 at 9:15 PM

lool exactly what I was thinking…I think our eyes are now clear, and we can see that he was never all that cute.

• wicked Cameraman April 16, 2013 at 11:03 AM

lmao you are mean,i never thought he was cute maybe because i am never star struck he is an ok guy.i have seen wayyyyyyyy more handsome pretty boys before i saw him maybe thats why,Thank god he has cleared your eyes lmao

• Naveah April 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM

*happened*

• Naija Vix. April 15, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Nice ! Congrats to them !! :)

• Chyke April 15, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Congrats John Dumelo. Navaeh I agree dat John is no longer as handsome as he used to be in his To love a Prince days but pls how can u say he is not up to 30? Abeg John can never be less than 30. BN Half Of A Yellow Sun’s trailer is out, pls post it so we can watch n see how d work turned out.

• blaze April 16, 2013 at 9:35 AM

lol. he is actually not yet 30. That is a fact

• Tremayne Curtis April 15, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Congratulations to my Ghana G’s…love this guys

• Dlapikin April 15, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Goof for them. It’s good to do charity everyday not just on birthday like some people we know!

• ibukungeorge April 15, 2013 at 10:32 PM

My tots actually.John dumelo my crush* face*lol

• OK April 16, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Which charity work exactly them dey do?

• Naveah April 16, 2013 at 3:04 PM

My dear, I had the same question in mind but then I say to myself that people do perform charitable acts under anonymity. Now, I know my African people, we don’t do anonymous, we love the applause and all the “ehyaaaaas” but hey maybe these two are different. Oh well, they must have done something to be honored for the CITY of Philly, it’s major and city leaders etc otherwise they wouldn’t have been given the honor. If this happened in Ghana then I probably wouldn’t believe it because we all know you can buy anything you want in Africa including honor.

• Chic April 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM

John and Majid spend way too much time together is this what they call “Bromance” or am I simply reading too much into it? Of John’s twitter photo uploads 80% contain Majid in them #thatisall

• tunmi April 16, 2013 at 12:23 AM

It really just seems like nonsense…but whatever

• PAT April 16, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Congrats to them.

• chinwe April 16, 2013 at 6:49 AM

John Dumelo is far far beyond 30!!!!!!!!!!

• lulu April 16, 2013 at 7:02 AM

congrats to them. my sentement exactly on John

• her April 16, 2013 at 9:50 AM

ko make sense

• ALEXIA April 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Majid always looks like he is about to jump

• http://brandigest.wordpress.com April 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Gholliwood’s finest dudes. congrats
      brandigest.wordpress.com

• Aidish April 16, 2013 at 5:43 PM

John darlyn What happened!!

• comment waiting moderation! April 16, 2013 at 6:22 PM

He looks 45!

• henry ekene April 16, 2013 at 8:09 PM

i wan to say congrats to den for a job well done dey are good for it