Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings016We vividly remember Tia Mowry‘s wedding to fellow actor Cory Hardrict like it was yesterday! We actually featured the wedding on BN at that time {Click to View} – Pre-BN Wedding Days

The couple who have been together for a total of 13 years and married for 5 years decided to renew their vows during an intimate ceremony in Malibu, California.

Here is what Tia had to say on her official website – www.tiaandtameraofficial.com

Last Saturday, Cory and I renewed our vows on a beachfront in Malibu, California. We’ve been together for 13 years and married for 5 (our 5th anniversary is coming up on the 20th!). We decided to renew our vows as a way to strengthen the sacred promise we made to each other when we got married 5 years ago. I think it’s so important to do that! Whether it’s having a special ceremony like we had, or just small things like surprise flowers after work or a handwritten love note, it’s these things that keep a relationship fresh and bond strong. Cree was actually my motivation and inspiration to renew our vows this year. Cory and I have this new miracle in our lives now and I wanted to celebrate our love, and what our love together created – our precious son! I was so excited to have my little man be a part of this special moment. We kept it small and intimate, with only about 20 guests – of course, Tamera, Adam and Aden were attendance and I was so happy that my sissy and her family were there to celebrate with me.

So sweet!

Would you say “I Do” to a vow renewal? If yes, when? If no, why?

See Photos from Tia & Cory’s Vow Renewal | Photos by Elizabeth Messina via Tia&TamaraOnline
Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings001Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings002Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings003Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings004Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings008Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings011Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings009Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings012Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings014Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings015Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings013Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings010Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings006Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings018Tia Mowry Cory Hardrict Vow Renewal - April 2013 - BellaNaijaWeddings005
See Photos from Tia & Cory’s wedding | Photos by Amy + Stuart Photography via Munaluchi Bride
amyandstuartphotography_munaluchibridal005amyandstuartphotography_munaluchibridal004amyandstuartphotography_munaluchibridal003amyandstuartphotography_munaluchibridal007amyandstuartphotography_munaluchibridal008amyandstuartphotography_munaluchibridal054

We love weddings as much as you do! Get in touch
weddings (at) bellanaija.com
www.bellanaija.com/weddings
www.twitter.com/BellaNaijaWed
www.facebook.com/BellaNaijaWeddings
www.instagram.com/BellaNaijaWeddings

49 Comments on Would You Say “I Do” to a Wedding Vow Renewal? | Get Inspired by Tia Mowry & Cory Hardrict’s Celebration
  • Abimbola April 19, 2013 at 9:40 am

Wish her all the best… Love TIA & Tamera..

• Blossom April 19, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Renewing so SOON after the wedding???? Something ain’t right.

• Jennifer April 20, 2013 at 3:45 am

They got married in 2010 and they have a child! What is right or wrong? Either congratulate them or don’t say anything.

• mama April 20, 2013 at 3:27 pm

lol blossom, you either don’t read or understand English or ur just plain dumb….duh

• Amazeballs! April 19, 2013 at 9:49 am

I actually dont mind the idea of the “renewal of vows” but when you see couples like Heidi Klum and Seal who renewed their vows EVERY YEAR but broke up in the seventh year, with her immediately starting a relationship with the bodyguard, it just makes you wonder, doesnt it?

• Vicki April 19, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I agree! As a married woman myself, I believe renewing your vows EVERY YEAR is a beautiful thing!! Just remember that those moments, as special as they are, are not what will make your marriage last! Not your friends, the champagne, giant cake, gifts or fireworks!! At the end of the day everyone goes home and the only people left are you and your spouse!! Only the two of you can make your marriage last!

I think Tia & Cory did it well with having only 20ppl.

My 2cents, do it HONESTLY, PRIVATELY and QUIETLY!! First off, please don’t have a huge party every year to keep up appearance when you actually HATE each other!! It’s a waste of your money and even your guests will see straight through it, so what have you really achieved?? Secondly (assuming you don’t hate each other yet) having a huge WEDDING or annual VOW RENEWAL ceremony/party will become a total EMBARASSMENT if you marriage doesn’t work out in the end! More so if it fails within the first 5-10yrs!! If you’re going to celebrate your love, do it because you truly are happily IN LOVE and if you must have an audience, only invite the people who supported your marriage during those inevitable tough periods we all go through! Trust me they won’t be more than 10ppl (excluding immediate family) No one else matters, no one else cares!!

Big or small ceremony/party, I think it only really becomes an issue when people do it for the world to see, when they are having these parties only for the publicity and in the end their marriage doesn’t work out!!! That means they were just deceiving us by pretending to be so happy and lucky in love when the truth is they were having serious problems! It’s kinda sad actually!!! These days with Facebook, Instagram and all the blogs, you don’t need to be front page on a magazine anymore! NAIJA PEOPLE!!!! (because we are so HIGH on showing off via social media these days) Especially us WOMEN!!! If you project a picture perfect marriage through social media and in the end it collapses, WHAT HAVE YOU GAINED??? BE CAREFUL!!

• Ducchess April 19, 2013 at 3:45 pm

LMAO @ “if you don’t hate each other YET.” Totally caracked me up!

• missykissy April 19, 2013 at 10:07 am

i jux <3<3<3<3 de simplicity of de Wedding Vow Renewal….thy jux wanna show ppl dat they´re still in Love and nothing moreeee…congrats once againnn

• jo April 20, 2013 at 3:55 pm

This has to be tonto, “jux”??? Wtf’s that?

• bafy April 23, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Lmafao…………”jux”…like seriously?????

• Bey April 19, 2013 at 10:10 am

So cool

• Hurperyermie April 19, 2013 at 10:14 am

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY SIMPLE AND ELEGANT

• nino April 19, 2013 at 10:14 am

I like how intimate the vow renewals were , 20 people…just the close family…yes please…but when its an over the top show…then it is not worth it…

• chi chi April 19, 2013 at 10:16 am

awwww so cute. I think it’s a good idea to renew you vows if you can, cos it’ll renew the excitement and love you felt when you first got married, and it’s also a way of celebrating the success of a marriage so far. Love it. Tia and Tamera are the cutest twinnies ever!

• obi April 19, 2013 at 10:20 am

i love these twins, they have always been famous since sister sister time yet fame hasnt gotten too much into their heads. they r jus normal decent women and real too. wish them well.

• Ani April 19, 2013 at 10:20 am

For me, i would love to do that with my husband. Reason is that i didn’t like my wedding ceremony at the time i got married. It wasn’t my dream wedding. Family from both sides made all the decision it wasn’t easy for me to decide on my own. I would love to renew my vows, as i have constantly and consistently reminded my husband about it. I can’t wait for that moment, God help me.

• Bleed blue April 19, 2013 at 10:47 am

Jeeez! You and I are so on the same page! I’m not even going to write my comment anymore because you’ve spoken my thoughts!

Wish you (and I ) all the best Ani :)

• lae April 19, 2013 at 11:41 am

same here!we have the same reason

• Msunderstood April 19, 2013 at 5:45 pm

Me too, same reason I want to ve a vow renewal. D first one was for everybody else cos I was d first to get married in my family.

• florence April 22, 2013 at 8:22 am

You read my mind Ani,same happened to me ,didn’t have my dream wedding ,my trad marriage was almost twarted bcos my broda-in-law got into a fight with some boys.I’m sooooo looking forward to a renewal

• me too! April 23, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Same reason for me as well. I’ve been quite scared about doing one due to some of the issues raised in other comments but I don’t feel ‘married’ yet. I just want to go back and do it all again, have my dream wedding on my own terms.

• Janet April 19, 2013 at 10:24 am

lovely

• Cool cat April 19, 2013 at 10:26 am

Na wa o, me i am just looking at the breast and body after a baby. See how the breast is just standing kpam. How do these Hollywood women do it abeg. My baby is sucking the life out of my breasts, chaiii

• Molly April 22, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Breast firming my dear i think most pple who run cosmetology stuff do it. can’t say how affordable tho

• Grace April 19, 2013 at 10:40 am

Renewal of vows isnt a bad idea,i like it…

• oluchy April 19, 2013 at 10:47 am

l will do the same. Renewal in my own opinion keep the fire burning.

• ALIYU BUSAYO April 19, 2013 at 11:16 am

FOR ME RENEWAL OF VOWS SEEMS TO BE A COOL IDEA…GBAM

• HRS April 19, 2013 at 11:25 am

I love renewal of vows, love her simple dress and sandal, and Tia & Cory’s little boy is sooooo cute! :) I love the simplicity of everything! Always Loved Tia and Tamera…..

Last week Friday was my friend’s 5th anniversary, her Hubby took her wedding rings that morning, so she came to work without rings, he had them remade beautifully that day and remarried her in the evening….. It was awesome….

• Chic April 19, 2013 at 12:17 pm

I can’t believe these twins are 34! They turn 35 in July good genes all around. I would so do a renewal ceremony but very intimate like this one not a carnival style ceremony. I grew up watching these two on sister sister those were the days of good TV

• lagoslondonprgirl April 19, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Lovely pictures,

Love is patient

Love is Kind

Love does not keep records of wrong

Love is long suffering

Love is forgiving
    x
    LLPG

• BabyDee April 19, 2013 at 3:37 pm

Who send you poem now…ehn? You sha had to comment sha. Abeg put that “International Cards” card back into the trunk box is came out from..
      -BabyDee

• Ani April 19, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Thanks so much @ Bleed Blue. God help us, we will get der.

• Flue April 19, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Nah, I wouldn’t have a vow renewal ceremony. Did we break the vow ni that we are now renewing it?The vow is between both of us, so why the need to renew it in front of people. I guess people like Tia have too much money !!! Good luck to them.

• comment waiting moderation! April 19, 2013 at 5:42 pm

they look good,but photoshop is a moderf-#

• Naveah April 19, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Wow, they’ve been together 13 years in total how wonderful! The twins show the world that you can raise a child in the limelight and they don’t all turn out like Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Macauley Caulkin etc. They are corny and sweet.

@ Flue – you are going on the extreme end in your analysis, you don’t have to have broken a vow to renew it. Does your husband have to have done something wrong in order to bring you flowers or a nice piece of jewelry?

In marriages, everyday living and routines can get to you and sometimes it erodes some of those feelings you had when you first started out as a couple so once in a while it is good to go back and read those vows again to one another as a sort of reminder of why you married the person, what you love so much about them and not to take for granted what you have built together so far. It is a way of revving those engines again. You do not have to do it in front of people, that is your personal choice just like it was hers to have 20 of her closes family members and friends. My husband and I read our vows to each other every anniversary whereever we may find ourselves, last year we happen to not leave town so the two of us went to the exact site in the garden where we got married and read our vows again before heading out for a nice lunch. My dear, whatever a couple needs to do to keep their marriage freash, exciting and romantic, make dem do am because marriage no dey easy. If you don’t do these little things next thing you know you are living in the house with a room mate instead of a partner and life mate.

• Walejana April 19, 2013 at 9:10 pm

my dream wedding

• Neni Stone April 19, 2013 at 10:13 pm

You’re hilarious!! Don’t worry, your body will be just fine. I agree with you O, the ‘kpamness’ of the breast can be seen.

nenisnaija.blogspot.com/

• Titanium April 19, 2013 at 10:56 pm

I love all her dresses. That first one is my perfect wedding dress style.

• o'naija April 21, 2013 at 1:37 pm

Beautiful.

• Fashionbabe April 22, 2013 at 7:37 am

My Style! Congrats.

• Imani Swank Bridals April 22, 2013 at 2:38 pm

They look beautiful together. Her dress is understated yet very chic, perfect for getting hitched to the same man a second time. There are some posts here http://imaniswankweddings.blogspot.com/ you might also like. XX!

• Luu April 22, 2013 at 3:46 pm

Lmao!@this has got to be Tonto!Jux!!??? WTF’s dat?totally cracked me up…LMFAO…..BN commenters una no go kill me!

• shylock April 23, 2013 at 7:58 pm

@cool cat: her boobs are kpam lik dat cos she breast fed for just 3months….naija women can lik to breast feed dia baby for 2years…in asmuch as I lov ma kids much none of them is sucking my bobby more than 4month(wanted 2months sef buh Le boo refused)….ma second baby is 14months now and guess wat ..ma boobs r kinda kpam!!…Nt as kpam as dis Tia own sha…dayum

• me too! April 23, 2013 at 9:22 pm

• Moe April 24, 2013 at 3:34 pm

Beautiful

• Ngum May 5, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Each to their own, I guess. IMO this is just another marketing gimmick. What next? The renewal of the renewal of vows? I believe every time married people treat each other with the love and respect they promised on their wedding day they are renewing their vows.

• funmi May 20, 2013 at 9:57 am

From watching Tia nTamera, this guys spends lot of time apart. this could be a reason for the renewal of their vows. To remind themselves what is important is them staying together and not the pursuit of their career that keeps them apart cause they still have to earn a living. Anywhich way, wish them all joy n happiness.