Posted on Monday, September 2nd, 2013 at 12:00 PM

By BellaNaija.com

They say two good heads are better than one. Well, this is true in the case of Patricia and Moses Maya, the power couple behind Silvertrust Media – a communications company based in Canada. They have been married for over 10 years and have three children. Patricia, who is Nigerian, worked in the media industry for a while before she moved to Canada. It was in Canada that she met Ugandan Moses Mawa. Together, they have worked over the years to build their company, Silvertrust Media.

With only 10 full time employees, Silvertrust has 3 focus areas: Planet Africa – which focuses on African culture and current affairs; Diversity – which is part of the harmony project and publishes the Diversity Magazine, one of the most widely distributed magazines in Canada; and Destiny – which profiles Christian content.

As newly weds, they had nowhere to live. They had an office but they lived in their car. There were times when they were in the office for hours just trying to come up with ideas that would change the world.

Their story is truly inspirational.

Watch it here.

Part I

Part II

Part III

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: , , , , , ,

• Custom Search
  • 25 Comments on “Success is Doing a Number of Little Things Excellently! CNN African Voices Spotlights the Power Couple Behind Silvertrust Media – Patrica & Moses Mawa”

Comments
    • Ceetoo September 2, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Yeahhhhh, she was my snr in secondary school…(yes success has many parents and failure is an orphan.) Welldone Patricia (and hubby…) proud of you!

• Brownie d September 2, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Wow..so inspiring.Real two good heads that wont boss eachother around but co operate and learn from each other is damn better than one big headed “I know it all”.

• Laide September 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM

BN ..I can’t see any video

• concerned September 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM

what secondary school was dat?

• Ceetoo September 2, 2013 at 9:04 PM

FGGC Calabar

• Adeleke September 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Some inspiration I must say!

• Nikky September 2, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I like this lady; she sold Africa without being in your face about it. Just subtle about it, that’s good.

• Sleeper September 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM

My husband and I are going to be interviewed one day. I know that for sure. I am so inspired. This is exactly what I am talking and praying about

• bum_la September 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Awesome story! Very inspiring. Thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Mawa for sharing your “can-do” story and showing that with little, much can be accomplished, with focus, faith and hard-work.

• SheriBerri September 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

This is what you call a power couple.

• Neneh September 2, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Patricia, you are correct government assistance is not only a distraction but stops those that are on it from aiming higher. Even at my mothers lowest point (after the death of my father), she refused government assistance and I am happy to say we have all grown up with that attitude.

niwibi.com

• Amaka September 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM

BN, thank you for truly showcasing a power couple. I hope you keep the trend!

• xtsy September 3, 2013 at 1:07 AM

tk God she wasn’t deployed to the govt house. may hv ended up becoming a run’s girl, nollywood actress or politician.

• Divaliscious September 8, 2013 at 5:00 PM

What do you mean by ‘Nollywood actress’ as if it is a bad thing? Honey, Nolyywod is what puts Nigeria on the map as a talented nation apart from football or would you prefer 419 fraud? Lets stop this condescending attitude towards Nollywood as if we don’t know that you have your tv glued permanently on Africa Magic! Mscheeew!

• always happy September 3, 2013 at 2:39 AM

This showcase will definitely propel and open more opportunities and platforms for planet Africa, diversity and destiny to impact and transform lives positively. Power couples are God made, not man made so the more time you spend nurturing that relationship the better you chances at enjoying phenomenal horizontal personal and business relationships. #teamgoforit

• DOROTHY DANDRIDGE September 3, 2013 at 6:35 PM

very inspiring

• chigirl September 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM

God bless planet africa and increase their influence around
      the world, amen. Im so inspired by this, O Lord, pls help me dream
      big

• RiRi September 6, 2013 at 2:09 PM

A well candid interview … very inspiring and like their style – their designer Beni Boo Style is also part of their staff i heard

• Amirah September 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM

Intelligent couple. I love when married couples come together to build, innovate and show that it is possible. A lot of times, couples are portrayed as competing against each other or one mostly the husband supercedes. This is my goal or dream that one day my husband and I put our skills/talent/work ethic to build a great business.

• Joshua September 6, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Exciting interview that propels me to get something done right and legitimately. Thank you Patricia and Moses Mawa

• ologundudu Abraham September 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

anytime i read success stories, i say to myself; “one day, my success story will also be told.” thumbs up to the couples.

• bluebelle September 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

this is very inspiring.shows what goal setting focus and hard work can produce. I wish them all the success they deserve. nice to see an fellow old fggc girl do well

• mujer casada September 10, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Not too much is given but much is given!!! Yes oh!!! This is sooooo TRUE!

• mujer casada September 10, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Much is expected I meant to say!!

• John September 12, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Nice couple. God bless them! She do0es have some resemblance to Phylicia Rashad from the Cosby Show.