Stephanie Linus is still lending her voice and time to help and support women living with VVF.

In December 2013, BellaNaija was first to report that the Nollywood superstar partnered with Extended Hands Foundation at the General Hospital, Ogoja, Cross River and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company to conduct free surgical operations for 22 women living with Vesicovaginal fistula (click here to see).

The actress whose movie – DRY is centered on women and young girls living abnormality, shares a short documentary on her visit.

Check it out!

52 Comments on So Touching! Watch Stephanie Linus’ Short Documentary on Vesicovaginal fistula (VVF)
  • ccc February 7, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Wow….really impressed! Well done, Steph! Please keep going! This is truly amazing.

• Austino Da Whizchap February 7, 2014 at 5:30 pm

God Bless Her Real Good!

• alex February 7, 2014 at 5:32 pm

fantastic!!!

• nuel February 7, 2014 at 5:34 pm

So cool ,wish a lot of us can invest in making people like this he a better life

• Cool cat February 7, 2014 at 5:49 pm

May the almighty God in his infinite mercy, bless everyone who is involved with this programme. And for Stephanie Linus, May joy and peace, prosperity and long life never depart from her household. I shed tears watching this, this is a condition so prevalent in our society. These are the social and economic problems we face in Nigeria, these are the issues our government should be tackling, why should such poverty and ignorance prevail in an oil rich country? Stephanie Linus is a heroine in my eyes, this is not a red carpet, nor some fancy interview, this is putting her money where her mouth is, this is helping the people who need it the most. Please BN, if there is any way donations can be made, please do a feature on it

• Nonya February 7, 2014 at 7:24 pm

You said almost everything I was thinking!

• Ivie February 7, 2014 at 5:52 pm

God bless You Stephanie…soo touching. speechless at the moment!

• Anon February 7, 2014 at 5:53 pm

Almighty God ould bless Steph n Lydia tremendously for d good works ,for evey shame,rejection pain dey avert from dis victims. I luv dem both

• steph……..steph…….steph February 7, 2014 at 5:58 pm

steph……..may you continue to find hapiness

• bimpe February 7, 2014 at 5:59 pm

One word- phenomenon!!!

• c’est moi February 7, 2014 at 6:00 pm

this has left me with a tear…. lost for words really

• c’est moi February 7, 2014 at 6:01 pm

God bless you Stephanie! God bless you

• Leah February 7, 2014 at 6:02 pm

Always loved her, Bravo!

• LION February 7, 2014 at 6:05 pm

Well done Stephanie. This really got to me, a lot of us have no clue how lucky we are. No feeling like bringing hope to people and putting a smile on a face.

• Berlinda Azanu February 7, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Wow! I perosnally hv nt heard abt this abnormalities before, thanks for the education Stef! God will bless you and your family for beinging a blessing to someone’s life.

• me.. February 7, 2014 at 6:16 pm

• BA February 7, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Well done to Stephanie and her team and her sponsors as well. God bless and make more transformation stories possible.

• lara February 7, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Well done Extended Hands! Well done Stephaine!

• Jade February 7, 2014 at 7:29 pm

speechless

• CarliforniaBawlar February 7, 2014 at 7:36 pm

wow!! wow!! wow!!…..
    My heart broke every time she said the word ‘repair’
    God bless Stephanie and all others involved in the project for their work!

• nene February 7, 2014 at 7:45 pm

this is very educational and informative. well done stephanie. i was crying by the end of the video

• ozyy February 8, 2014 at 8:26 pm

same here honestly…tears….I pray GOD will help us all to help humanity and make a great impact in our nation and the world at large.

• Maris February 7, 2014 at 8:11 pm

I am short of words. How can a human be this kind? I pray God blesses her and every member of the team. I love you Stephanie!!!

• www.LapesBeautifulCreature.blogspot.com February 7, 2014 at 8:56 pm

amen o

• Lafunky February 7, 2014 at 8:43 pm

Oh dear!!!! Thanks for sharing this.

• Blaqgurlrock February 7, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I had a good cry after watching this video, for one woman to do these I just imagine what the Nigerian government can do, they have really let us down. Steph may the Lord bless you and I pray that you never know lack just because of the smiles you have put on these beautiful faces.

• NIBU February 7, 2014 at 9:01 pm

You. Are. Amazing. Stephanie! God bless those young women, they’re so brave!

• Es February 7, 2014 at 9:03 pm

I love how personable she was with the victims. She’s truly an angel. You rewards will know no bounds. God bless you Stephanie!

• hanee February 7, 2014 at 9:24 pm

This is really sad.well done Stephanie and God bless you

• Angel London February 7, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Thank you so much Stephanie. This Brought tears to my eyes. Its a good cause you are doing. But bella naija, how can we help. As a student nurse, I need information on how I can volunteer or he part of this great cause. Thanks in advance. Any information can be emailed to the above address. Thanks. Angel

• amazing grace February 7, 2014 at 9:35 pm

This is the kind of projects you would expect the churches and the men of to be investing the offerings and proceeds into. To step in where the government has failed but no way. They will rather buy private jets, build bigger church auditoriums to get more members, buy flashy cars and brag within themselves about their riches. oh I forgot, people with these conditions don’t have money and wont contribute anything to the church… so no need. I’m overwhelmed by Steph’s courage. she’s been working on this project for as long as I can remember and finally it’s here. God will give you grace and favour that will know no bounds. Amen.

• Cat on a hot tin roof February 7, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Amazing. God bless Stephanie and extended hands.

• veer234 February 8, 2014 at 12:01 am

How really touching indeed. May God bless her efforts.

• NNENNE February 8, 2014 at 12:45 am

May God bless all who contributed to this. Stephenie, you are awesome.

• phil February 8, 2014 at 4:45 am

Wow!.. I am so impressed with Stephanie!.. no wonder omotola once said shes very intelligent!!.. this is a disease condition which many people neglect. thanks for drawing our attention to this!!!.. I will add this to one of the health disparities I hope to tackle when I finally become a public health practitioner!!.. God bless and reward Stephanie’s kind soul… Cant wait to see DRY!..

• Chizzy February 8, 2014 at 5:42 am

• Leke February 8, 2014 at 6:35 am

This is is truly a worthy cause.!!! God bless ur soul

• fun February 9, 2014 at 12:19 am

GOD BLESS HER. WOMEN GO THROUGH SOMETHINGS. NA W.

• Fig leaf February 8, 2014 at 9:39 am

Stephanie you are an inspiration. Now I want to get up and do more. God bless you richly.

• eefresh February 8, 2014 at 1:39 pm

Ah ! am short of words. May God richly bless you Stephanie ..

• Motunrayo Reis-Alade February 8, 2014 at 6:06 pm

The girl-child is often more susceptible to VVF/RVF through forced and early marriage. Some parents often consider the girl-child merely as an asset to be traded out for marriage, sometimes to men that are old enough to be her grandfathers, and always to the highest bidder. This has negative effect on society as a whole and the girl-child to be precise, being not fully prepared emotionally and physically for the rigors of being a housewife and mother, and whose body system is not yet fully mature for such activities finds herself in a situation that is totally overwhelming.

• Mak Nisy February 8, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Very touching documentary. It’s a good cause, so I say a big thank you to the team and sponsers that mean it possible. Stephane good Job dear.

• Chu-Chu February 8, 2014 at 9:09 pm

awesome.

• Peaches77 February 8, 2014 at 11:21 pm

What an inspiration you are. God bless abundantly.

• Kaffy February 8, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Well done Stephanie, God will bless you n ur family. Wish to join you doing this. But one question to ask, is the patient not meant to b sleeping( what happen to epidural and why lot of ppl standing watching like a movie.

• Endowed February 8, 2014 at 11:51 pm

God bless you Stephanie keep it up

• GreenDiamond February 9, 2014 at 12:19 am

Sigh what is the government doing please zoo sad the world needs more documentaries like this, bless your heart stephanie

• HomieHomie February 9, 2014 at 1:16 am

Wow….couldnt stop smiling after the success of the surgery and hope restored to all the beautiful ladies. Way to go Steph!!!! God increase you on every side!

• Grown Woman February 9, 2014 at 4:42 pm

This is def a good cause.God will reward you steph.

• Ady February 10, 2014 at 10:28 am

Stephanie may God bless and reward you abundantly…….speechless after watching the documentary.

• Karonwi February 12, 2014 at 7:53 am

God bless Stephanie Linus and the team that put this together. It is easy to help with medical related problems but I’m glad they took a bold step. More people need to be aware for seemingly insignificant issues like this.

• Onaopepo May 2, 2014 at 8:35 pm

God bless everyone that supported this project, God bless the initiator – Stephanie. More grace.