JA Nigeria ViMP 2016Apply today for the ViMP Programme with Junior Achievement Nigeria at the Lagos Business School!

Venture in Management Programme (ViMP)
ViMP is designed as a one-week intensive session to introduce select members of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) to different facets of managing a business, making crucial business decisions and developing skills for Management. The goal of ViMP is to prepare NYSC members for the world of business as managers and entrepreneurs. This opportunity is designed to expose future business leaders to the responsibilities, opportunities, and demands of a career in management. The week-long program led by facilitators from The Lagos Business School (LBS), includes stimulating classroom sessions, case studies, panel discussions, networking, study groups, guest speakers and recreation, culminating in a strategy workshop, during which the participants will present solutions to real world case studies.

Our 2015 ViMP keynote speaker was Nimi Akinkugbe, CEO Bestman Games who provided invaluable financial information to participants. ViMP rivals mini-MBA’s of the world’s top business schools with case studies focusing on Business Ethics, Accounting & Finance, Marketing, Strategy, Social Enterprise, General Management, Leadership and Entrepreneurship. Participants also engage in a community service project at local primary schools and a private job-fair after the program. Accommodation, housing and transportation are provided by JAN.

About Junior Achievement Nigeria (JAN)
Established in 1919 Junior Achievement Worldwide (JAWW) has been dedicated to addressing fundamental social and economic challenges of young people by educating and empowering them through FREE work readiness, entrepreneurship and financial literacy programs. Since inception in 1999, JAN has reached over 600,000 students and trained over 1,500 volunteers across Nigeria. JAN is currently working to impact 1 million lives by 2020.

Feedback from participants
“ViMP gave me a canvass on which I can paint my future. I gained valuable experience that cannot be replicated elsewhere and built lasting relationships with others. ViMP expanded the depths of my knowledge and taught me valuable lessons in leadership.”
~ Sabina Olowu, ViMP 2015 Class. Financial Analyst, Ernst & Young.

Q & A with a ViMP alum – Emmanuel Irobe, ViMP 2014 Class. Business Analyst, Accenture Nigeria
What was your experience like?
Absolutely phenomenal! The biggest enabler of the program, in my opinion, is the sound partnership with the Lagos Business School. I had the opportunity to re-take and re-understand some of the courses I had studied months before. I found the “case study-led” teaching approach very different and exciting and, because of this, my energy levels were unusually high, even after 8 hours of lectures. Beyond the classes, we had group brainstorming sessions as we prepared presentations for competitions and the like. Of course, it wasn’t all work and no “chill,” we had games and some other variety elements as well.

How has ViMP helped your career till date?
The biggest impact the program had on me was a validation of the direction I was taking; after the program, I was absolutely convinced I had taken a direction that resonated with my biggest strengths and raw affinities. Additionally, I met like-minded individuals who I continue to network and partner with in driving some of my personal development projects. ViMP was super useful!

Apply Online: www.ja-nigeria.org
Deadline: January 30th, 2016

This content has been published for FREE as part of BellaNaija’s commitment to youth, education, healthcare and community development as part of our corporate social responsibility

19 Comments on Doing NYSC? Imagine Attending a Mini-MBA at Lagos Business School – Apply for ViMP 2016 today
  • ABDULRAHMAN M ISGOGO January 23, 2016 at 9:24 pm

How do I state with my own little bussiness

• Chi January 23, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Is it free??

• JAN Communications January 23, 2016 at 11:43 pm

Hello Chi, the program is free. Participants pay a small commitment fee (Less than N6,000) to secure a space.

For more details pls contact JAN ja-nigeria.org

• JAN Communications January 29, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Hello Chi,
      Yes, the program is free like all JAN programs. Shortlisted participants pay a small commitment fee to secure their space if they pass the selection process.

Best of luck!

• LagosParole January 23, 2016 at 10:16 pm

This blog is the best

• dex January 23, 2016 at 10:16 pm

Ds s really good, wish it could extend to other states of the federation

• JAN Communications January 23, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Hello, yes it’s open to NYSC candidates accross Nigeria.

• JAN Communications January 29, 2016 at 2:13 pm

Yes, its. Please take a chance and apply. The deadline is midnight, January 30th.

• Ephi January 23, 2016 at 10:27 pm

ViMP is a great programme, all those case studies were an eye-opener for a JJC like me then. It was free when I did it, and I’m sure it still is. Good luck to all those applying

• JAN Communications January 23, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Hello everyone,

ViMP is open to qualified NYSC candidates across Nigeria. The program is FREE (like all JAN programs). Participants pay a small commitment fee of N5000 to secure their space after the shortlist selection by Accenture Nigeria.

For more info please email us vimp@ja-nigeria.org and a programs officer will be in touch with you shortly.

Best Regards,
    The JAN team.
    ja-nigeria.org

• AAsh January 24, 2016 at 1:46 am

@Chi….it’s a free programme, during my ViEmp (as it was called in 2012 set), we paid a small token as registration fee (N3k or less). It was to ensure that candidates had some form of commitment, because people rarely value what they get on a platter of gold.
    The course was so fantastic……worth more than N300,000.00 as at that time……needless to say, I got my first job shortly after I attended the course!

@dex…..there were people selected from outside Lagos during my set…..please don’t let the distance discourage you.

All the best!

• Kenechukwu January 24, 2016 at 11:24 am

I’d love to apply for this, but I’m due for NYSC in March. Any exceptions?

• O.I January 24, 2016 at 11:36 am

Please is it possible to accomodate people that just completed NYSC ( for example those that finished last year)? I’m really interested but I’m done with Nysc and this wasn’t organized or publicized last year to the best of my knowledge. Would really appreciate if it’s considered.
    Thanks

• Sabina January 27, 2016 at 9:19 am

It was publicized last year, matter of fact I attended ViMP last year as its an annual event

• Teekay January 24, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Hi bellanaija therw should be a search option on this website, ve been looking for one post about schools coming to nigeria for exhibiton which was posted on this website

• Fabulous B January 24, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Lovely! Bellanaija did well. Please, keep it up Bellanaija. GOD bless you.

Now, to my Fellow Nigerian youths, calm down and read carefully. The reason they put there website address is for further information and application , also requirements dey there, make use of the website to the maximum. JAN is nice enough to respond on here and they included email address for further details or whatsoever.
    I can’t apply right now but I wish all the successful applicants, the best. I’m in support of the commitment Fee.

• Tosin January 29, 2016 at 9:44 am

Please, is the Vimp only for first class students? I graduated with a second class upper and one of the criteria is an excellent academic record. Is there anyone that finished with a 2.1 and was selected?

• JAN Communications January 29, 2016 at 2:12 pm

Yes, please hurry and apply!

• bolaji joel March 3, 2016 at 10:06 am

i applied already,pls what date of march does the program commence and it i strictly by selection?