Start 2016 with an Exciting Role in Media Tech at BellaNaija | Apply Today

BellaNaija 2016It’s 2016 and there are new openings at BellaNaija.com

Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.

Deadline for all Applications: 12th January 2016
All roles are currently open, therefore do not apply if you are currently unavailable to be interviewed.
If you have previously applied for a role with BN, you are also welcome to reapply.

JOBS
Role: Editorial Assistant, BellaNaija.com (Focus Areas – News, General Editorial, Fashion & Style, Weddings, Careers, Music & Movies)
Educational Qualification: University Graduate – 2.1 – will consider EXCEPTIONAL candidates with a lower grade
Skills:
– Reading Comprehension
– Vast Knowledge of social media

Career Level: New Graduate to 2 years experience
Job Type: Permanent
Job Status: Full Time
Job Description: Junior Editor
– Applicants must be self-motivated, confident, and driven.

– Applicants must be presently based in Lagos, Nigeria. Candidates who have successfully maintained blogs should provide links of publications.

– Applicants must have a very good grasp of English comprehension and grammar.

– Applicants must be creative, confident and hard working. Knowledge of the entertainment, fashion, news and lifestyle industry in Nigeria would also be beneficial within this role.

– Applicants must be innovative and willing to develop in this field is welcome as there is room for growth.

The Role:
Work with editors to develop BN content for specific subject areas or across different areas of focus (for general Editorial Assistants)
Responsibilities will include:
• Writing articles
• Copy-editing content
• Conducting interviews
•Social media publication
•Comprehensive research
• Liaising with editors and contributors
• Attending events
Pay: Pay is aligned with online media standards
Instructions for Application Submission
Please Read and Follow Specific Instructions. Submissions that do not match instructions will be immediately deleted.
1) Send an email to jobs(at)bellanaija.com
2) Subject: Editorial Assistant (Please specify proposed focus area) e.g Editorial Assistant – Style
3) Email Content: Write short cover letter ( Title it COVER LETTER) . Maximum words should be 300 words and it should clearly outlining why you are the best candidate for this job.
Be as specific as possible and reference previous experience.
4) Paste CV/Resume in the body of the email. Title it CV / RESUME
5) Paste a short writing sample in the body of the email. Title it WRITTEN PIECE

Only 1 Email/Application per candidate | No attachments – Emails with attachments will be deleted immediately

______________________________________________________________________

Role: Junior Editor, BellaNaija.com (Focus Areas – News, General Editorial, Fashion & Style, Weddings, Careers, Music & Movies etc…)
Skills:
– Reading Comprehension
– Vast Knowledge of social media

Career Level:  2 to 7 years experience
Job Type: Permanent
Job Status: Full Time
Job Description: Editorial Assistant
– Applicants must be self-motivated, confident, and driven.

– Applicants must have a very good grasp of English comprehension and grammar.

The Role:
Work to develop BN content for specific subject areas or across different areas of focus
Responsibilities will include:
• Writing articles
• Copy-editing content
• Conducting interviews
•Social media publication
•Comprehensive research
• Liaising with contributors
• Attending events
Pay: Pay is aligned with online media standards
Instructions for Application Submission
1) Send an email to jobs(at)bellanaija.com
Be as specific as possible and reference previous experience.
4) Paste CV/Resume in the body of the email. Title it CV / RESUME

– Accounting Skills & General Knowledge of Nigerian Tax Legislation
– Customer managing skills

Career Level: 1 to 2 years experience
Job Type: Permanent
Job Status: Full Time
Job Description: Business Development Analyst
– Applicants must be self-motivated, confident, and determined.

– Applicants must be presently based in Lagos, Nigeria.

– The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of these fields: PR/Advertising/Marketing/Client Services/Finance.

– Applicant must be hardworking and willing to work over time.

– Applicant must have knowledge of the entertainment, fashion and lifestyle industry in Nigeria as this would be beneficial within this role.

– Candidate who takes pride in their work and can showcase the company in a positive light, in and out of work, is also pivotal.

The Role:
Within this role, you will be responsible for :
– Engaging decision makers on the phone & emails to discuss their businesses and campaign plans

– Conducting face to face engagements , as well as impromptu, meetings

– Identifying customer needs and ultimately developing opportunities for our clients to showcase themselves on our mediums, while consistently increasing incoming
revenue streams.

Responsibilities will include:
• Outbound calls/emails to potential and regular clients.
• Executing multiple projects, while supervising the paid content and liaising with daily client communications.
• Identifying revenue generating opportunities and building strong strategic relationships.
• Conducting research to gain a better knowledge of each field affiliated with the brand name.
• Documenting information in accurate and concise reports for our brand and for clients.
• Meeting with clients to articulate various available advertising avenues and creating well catered campaigns for the clients.
• Managing databases and creating invoices in CRM systems
• Take part in regular events, ensuring correct brand representation and utilizing networking opportunities.
• Maintaining a focused work ethic whilst operating within firm time constraints.
• Attending strategic events

Pay: Pay is aligned with online media standards
Instructions for Application Submission

1) Send an email to jobs(at)bellanaija.com
2) Subject: Business Development Analyst
Be as specific as possible and reference previous experience.
4) Paste CV/Resume in the body of the email. Title it CV / RESUME

______________________________________________________________________

Role: Graphic Designer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Description: In House – Graphic Designer
– Applicants must be self-motivated, confident, and determined.

– Applicants must be presently based in Lagos, Nigeria.

– Applicants must be able to work on multiple projects at any given time.

– Applicants must have good knowledge of social media

– Applicants must be able to communicate effortlessly with team members

The Role and Responsibilities:
Within this role, you will be responsible for :
– Ensuring that all project briefs are fulfilled

– Creating, sourcing and modifying imagery including video and audio
– Developing concepts, graphics and layouts for product illustrations

– Determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and font style and size
– Working on a variety of products, including images and designs for websites, social media handles, banners, and other communication materials.

Job brief
– We are looking for a creative designer that can interpret our needs into a high visual impact.
-We are open to accepting offers from design firms willing to bid.
Pay: Pay is aligned with online media standards
Instructions for Application Submission

1) Send an email to jobs(at)bellanaija.com
2) Subject: In House – Graphic Designer
Be as specific as possible and reference previous experience.
4) Paste CV/Resume in the body of the email. Title it CV / RESUME
5) Links / referrals to the works that you have done should be included in the mail.

______________________________________________________________________
BellaNaija.com is an equal opportunity employer. Therefore, candidates will not be discriminated against in regards to their religion, gender, physical disabilities, age, marital status or sexual orientation.

60 Comments on Start 2016 with an Exciting Role in Media Tech at BellaNaija | Apply Today
  • ATL’s finest January 5, 2016 at 2:50 pm

Chai U wan try requirement?? We they applying for ASO ROCK??

• elleven45 January 5, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Well, Bellanaija is a big deal.

• tolare January 5, 2016 at 2:52 pm

You said deadline’s Friday 12th January. 12th January 2016 isn’t Friday. Is there perhaps a mix up? BN, please, clarify.

• BellaNaija.com
      BellaNaija.com January 5, 2016 at 3:07 pm

It’s on the 12th. Thank you.

• TeeCee January 5, 2016 at 2:59 pm

All the great jobs in Nigeria sadly require Lagos residency!

• anonymous January 5, 2016 at 3:02 pm

bellanaija, with all of these criteria.. I hope you pay well.

Something rubs me off about you guys, you come across so greedy and hypocritical. Eku job posting *rme* may the deserving candidates get the jobs.

I visit your site ’cause I want to, doesn’t change my opinion of you!

Happy new year to guys too *kilzes*

• Babe January 5, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Hate comment from a 2.2 / 3rd classgraduate! Sugar to u annon , your grade doesn’t define what u become in life, its just the employers preference ok.

• anonymous January 5, 2016 at 4:48 pm

first class graduate pele ti e. Now jog on. Ode! everything is hate to you guys.

Go sleep abeg.

• Smh January 5, 2016 at 7:32 pm

I sure wouldn’t want to read a blog I consider hypocritical and greedy….

• tolare January 5, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Pray, tell, what makes them come across as greedy and hypocritical?

• anonymous January 5, 2016 at 4:03 pm

please go away. I was not referring to you, was I?

Have a nice day!

• ElessarisElendil January 6, 2016 at 3:33 am

The fancy weddings, its always the fancy weddings.?

Second option the man bashing.

• chi-e-z January 5, 2016 at 3:37 pm

Are the grade scales according to U.S. grade scale or the british grade scale?

• BellaNaija.com
      BellaNaija.com January 5, 2016 at 3:41 pm

Nigerian 🙂

• ATL’s finest January 5, 2016 at 3:57 pm

??????????????lmao! Great answer BN 🙂

• chi-e-z January 7, 2016 at 1:08 am

what is Nigerian Grade scale system isn’t it british. I haven’t been in Nigeria since I was like 7 and I want to come back for NYSC and an interim job so this was honestly a serious question I have no clue what the response means… see this people because person no get levelz 4 this matter una wan snub me I see una…I’m only familiar with US Grade scale.

• chi-e-z January 7, 2016 at 1:20 am

Grade Scale Grade Description US Grade
        A1 1.00 – 1.99 Excellent A+
        B2 2.00 – 2.99 Very Good A
        B3 3.00 – 3.99 Good B
        B4 4.00 – 4.99 Credit B
        C5 5.00 – 5.99 Credit C
        C6 6.00 – 6.99 Credit C
        D7 7.00 – 7.99 Pass D
        E8 8.00 – 8.99 Pass D
        F9 9.00 Fail F

I’m guessing this is the grade scale cause this is what I see when I googled Nigerian Grade scale…. well I’m not in nigeria at the moment and I clearly do not qualify for grade [exceptionally high don’t you think? anyways..] so not as important at the moment. However, I would like to know if this is correct since I plan on heading to nigeria sometime this year. feel free to respond at your convenience. Thank you for first response.

• David I. Adeleke January 5, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Please what’s the difference between Editorial Assistant and Junior Editor?

• BellaNaija.com
      BellaNaija.com January 5, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Level of Experience. Editorial Assistants are new grads to 2 years relevant experience.

• Gloria January 5, 2016 at 3:49 pm

12th isn’t Friday though

• Tochukwu January 5, 2016 at 4:01 pm

I will definitely apply for editorial assistant. I pray I get the job because this job will give me joy but I am a recent graduate with a second class (2:2). Please is there any hope for me?

• BellaNaija.com
      BellaNaija.com January 5, 2016 at 6:19 pm

Hello Tochukwu, thank you. Go ahead and apply. We look at the complete application, not just the final degree grade.

• jay January 5, 2016 at 4:02 pm

So me that dropped out of school cuz my parents couldn’t pay my fees, does it mean my life is ruined?

• BellaNaija.com
      BellaNaija.com January 5, 2016 at 4:04 pm

No, it does not mean so that. If you have a compelling case and feel you are qualified, please submit an application.

• Olatunde January 5, 2016 at 4:09 pm

BellaNaija I was hoping I will get a slot for the post of a photographer. But the closest post I can apply for is the post of the graphics designer. Am not a graphics designer though I do have some knowledge about it but am a fulltime freelance photographer with at least a 5 years experience. I can’t apply because you specify for graphics designer but in case you need the service of a photographer, you can check my works on Instagram @shutterwavephotography. Will really appreciate the opportunity to work with you guys. Am a big fan of Bellaniaja

• BellaNaija.com
      BellaNaija.com January 5, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Thanks @Olatunde, while we don’t have an opening as we have a long term contract with a photography company for event coverage. However, we periodically have one-off photography jobs. Please send your portfolio link and Instagram page to the email address listed in the post.

• Babe January 5, 2016 at 4:21 pm

• PRINCE January 5, 2016 at 4:25 pm

Bellanaija, why must your candidate be a Lagos based. I’m interested in one of the position (graphic design) but I’m based in Abuja though I’m from Lagos State.

• BellaNaija.com
      BellaNaija.com January 5, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Hello Prince, as mentioned, we also are welcoming applications from design firms that can work independently (basically a contract with a design firm instead of a staff position), if you are interested in this, please submit. Thank you.

• Olashile January 5, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Hello,@bellanaija,i am interested in the job but i just graduated and awaiting my result.is there any hope for me?my result will be out next week.can i apply?

• elleven45 January 5, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Nice one Bellanaija. Please, if there is need for a freelance writer, I am willing to be a freelance writer with Bella, as I cant work full time and all the jobs posted require ”full time” and I am not based in Lagos. I love to be Bellanaija family.

• maryjane January 5, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Bellanaija so polytechnic graduate can’t apply abi? And here I was thinking I would go back for my HND in yabatech. What does the future hold for me though?

• maryjane January 5, 2016 at 6:02 pm

Bellanaija so polytechnic graduate can’t
    apply abi? And here I am thinking I would
    go back for my HND in yabatech. What
    does the future hold for me though?

• the queen January 5, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Please what email are. We to send the application to? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

• Tochukwu January 5, 2016 at 6:14 pm

@Bellanaija you didn’t reply my question but I observed you answered others. Please do reply me. Waiting anxiously. Thank you.

• the queen January 5, 2016 at 6:22 pm

Because I don’t know if jobs(at)bellanaija.com is an email… I’m a lawyer who’s actively into social media… I would be highly gracious to work with you!

• The real D January 5, 2016 at 9:21 pm

@ the queen, I think you just disqualified yourself with your comment. If you are educated and into social media like you claim you would first take time to read instructions in its entirety. Makes for a good employee and shows you pay attention to details. Secondly you would know jobs@bellanaija.com is the same as jobs(at)belladonna.com. Even if for some reason you don’t know you don’t go to the prospective employer to display your ignorance (I.e you should be trying to put your best foot forward). You go somewhere else to find out and apply. That also shows initiative and your ability to seek solution for yourself. Both great attributes employers require.

• the queen January 5, 2016 at 11:29 pm

@real. D, only ignorant and low shallow minded people would respond like you just did. If you must comment (as no one forced you to because you’re not bella naija) what’s wrong in passing your message nicely without being rude and repulsive! Anyways! your long uncultured epistle has defined who you are and invariably has disqualified you as well! *wink*

• Anon Anon January 6, 2016 at 6:55 am

The Queen, you should know that that (at) address there is the email address. Whatever bashing you get below is not out of place Darling. You really know nothing about social media I’m afraid. You might want to stick to the law 😐

• tolare January 5, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Of course, @queen, jobs(at)bellanaija.com is an email address. That’s the address to send your CV to. It’s right there in the advert.

• nene January 5, 2016 at 7:10 pm

2:1 to work for a blog/website? u guys r funny. employ people based on passion, blogging is not rocket science biko

• Tosin January 5, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Haaa.
      I’ll just keep quiet. Rocket science, Blogging, Janitoring, Singing, whatever work you do, akwai levels. You’re not a journalist, issok.
      I respect BellaNaija.

• ElessarisElendil January 6, 2016 at 3:37 am

Missed the EXCEPTIONAL applicants with a lower grade will be considered part??

• Eyo January 5, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Pls Bella Naija in what part of Lagos is your office located.

• Joe January 5, 2016 at 7:38 pm

Hi,
    Bellanaija should you need a freelance writer, I’m your guy. Hope to discuss this further with you. ??

• The real D January 5, 2016 at 9:44 pm

I think BN needs an article on how to be a good job applicant this 2016. Some of the questions I have seen on here. Shooo, e.g the one asking for BN office location. Wet in you wan use their location for? If you need a job apply,if a particular location is a no no and the company is not putting that info out there then don’t apply.if you really need a job and in Lagos, a particular location will not matter. Or the people asking if their GPAs are good enough. You may not have All the requirements for a job but if you have 80 % then go ahead and apply but be ready to sell yourself in your cover letter, resume/CV and in the follow up interview. These are basic/ general knowledge of job searching and knowledge every one should have before hitting the Labour market. People should learn to put their best foot forward during the whole job search/application process, if not you will keep getting the same result I.e no employer will take you on.

• huh January 6, 2016 at 1:45 am

I agree with you, BN needs to do an article on how to make an effective job application. However while you are trying to save people “The Real D” stop holding your breath.

• Girly January 5, 2016 at 10:10 pm

My dear no be small thing oh. Would hv loved to apply, bt I reside in ph

• Promise January 5, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Chop knuckles jare? I think you are supposed to start writing that article for BN. The questions are just somehow

• Labo January 6, 2016 at 12:17 am

The comments on here though LOL!!!! BN please don’t employ anyone from this comment section. Protect your brand!!!!!!!!!!! ???

• leelyan January 6, 2016 at 2:49 am

@bellanaija I really appreciate Wat u guys are doing. I’ve got a passion for fashion and style but i’m an undergraduate, i’ d really appreciate being given a opportunity to intern with ur institution. Thanks

• ElessarisElendil January 6, 2016 at 3:39 am

Good-luck to all the applicants, may fortune smile especially on all those who apply to fight for the honour and good name of the patriarchy?

• Mz Titilitious January 6, 2016 at 9:46 am

i’m a graphic designer, i own a blog but cnt apply now jare….. still loving where i am for now 😉

• soma January 6, 2016 at 10:22 am

Pls BN..Whats d email to apply…D one u posted isn’t going tru…thnks

• Stella January 6, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Hello @bellanaija, the subject title for the posts: editorial assistants and junior editors are the same. I am wondering if this is deliberate. I will be glad for a response.

Thanks.

• Cindy January 6, 2016 at 1:44 pm

I can meet every other criteria except location. I’m based in Ibadan. I guess this one is not for me.

• seyi January 11, 2016 at 7:13 am

Hi @bellanaija, so I have applied but wondering will there be a confirmation email that it has been received or are you only contacting shortlisted candidates only?. thanks

• Adesoye Ronke Eunice January 11, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Bella Naija, who do we address the cover letter to? HR?

• pebbles January 18, 2016 at 1:00 pm

some yanmahyanmah questions sha……