Suicidal Comedian “is safe and alright Now”

TwyceToday, upcoming UK-based Nigerian comedian Twyse began tweeting about his suicidal thoughts. Fans, friends and family were very concerned.

See below.

Twyse’s short film

His friend and collaborator Willteg has come out to notify fans that Twyce is alive and being cared for.

Twyse is safe and alright now. Taking over his accounts and phones till further notice (Message from @willteg ) Got severals calls nd text from lots of people this morning, telling me @twyse_116 posted a strange post today around 12:00. Had to check if it was true. Called him on phone but he wasn’t picking up my calls was well. Had no choice but to head over to is house on my way there got a call from Nigeria telling me one of my lil sis passed out lastnight had a shock while driving to the extent of having an accident with the car. People around the block assisted me in getting out of the vehicle, thank God I was alright. I was bitter sad about the news of my lil sis but I was as well thinking of @twyse_116 not to do anything stupid ( I can’t afford to loose any other person close to me)…. The police had to escort me home. Twyse is fine and safe now. (pls full story will not be disclosed on Twitter or any sites ) just pray for us….. #GodsPlan is the #Best !! Message by @willteg ????

A photo posted by ereme. (@twyse_116) on

Twyse is safe and alright now.

33 Comments on Suicidal Comedian “is safe and alright Now”
  • OmaOma February 18, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Omg…..hope he’s fine…May God be with him…..

• keke driver February 18, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Call me whatever, but this guy just wants attention, and He’s got it….congrats bro.

• DeeCee February 18, 2016 at 6:17 pm

this is a very mean thing of you to say. How dare you? Depression is real about time us Africans start to take it seriously too. Not too long ago my sister’s friend took his life and it could have been avoided if everyone had seen the signs and got him help. very sad. I hope he goes to talk to a professional about it.

• Madame February 18, 2016 at 6:18 pm

*SIGH*. This is why ppl don’t speak out about anything. If they do, “they just want attention”. If they don’t, and things go south, it is then “why didn’t he speak up?”. You can never satisfy the populace. Twyse, you are loved beyond your imagination. We know you can rise above it. Take your time and be well.

• californiabawlar February 18, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Don’t say that! People actually kill themselves this way all the time!!

I’ve always wondered at what point in life does your mind break and you just say…eff it all. I hope they get him GOOD and CONTINUED help….there was this guy who did the same thing and eventually succeeded a few months later. Life can be so messed up sometimes but I hope he finds the hope and strength to keep moving along…things do get better!

• Tundy February 18, 2016 at 7:04 pm

Why dont u try and emphatise instead of saying that. Not everyone seeks attention. Depression is real!

• Oluwasean February 19, 2016 at 12:03 am

I’m not here to judge nor condemn him….

At first i was worried for him…………on the second thought, i felt maybe he could just be playing pranks to get social media sympathy and attention just like most people are doing right now. Nothing is real on social media anymore these days. We’ve been lied to and deceived often times.

I’ve been through worse situation. Ending my life was never an option. Believing in God, and trusting in HIS promises especially attending a motivating church like #COZA was the biggest inspiration for me.. Now my life is better than i could ever imagine.

Ending your life is the lazy way out.. Life’s not even about making other people happy on social media. Being at the centre of God’s will and purpose for our lives should be our major focus

We don’t give up…..we keep moving ahead till we break through.

• Vortex February 19, 2016 at 7:58 am

Oluwasean, yes, in this era of warped clickbaits, fake sob stories, disturbing publicity stunts and sickening schemes, it’s sometimes hard not to wonder about the veracity of things we see, hear or read but we still have to let empathy surpass our doubts unless there’s evidence why (in that instance) we shouldn’t.

You may have experienced tough(er) times but that doesn’t invalidate the severity of another person’s struggles. Pain thresholds are not the same and triggers for depression & suicidal thoughts are much more complex than most of us think. Someone can have it all- fame, fortune, family, beauty- and be depressed/suicidal. Someone can also attend a robust, motivating, responsive church and be depressed/suicidal. Mental health problems aren’t easy.

I hope he gets help and God fixes whatever is broken.

• swagg1 February 19, 2016 at 1:38 am

He was reaching out for assistance, and no reallyt planning on committing suicide. As a mental health specialist, someone who really wants to kill himself doesnt need a gun to do so for there are other means. I am glad that he got an early intervention and receiving the support he truly needs to address his underlying issues. Good luck young man and i wish you well.

• mtchewwww February 19, 2016 at 10:02 am

people like you are what is wrong with the world. My prayer for you is that you will know what this feels like someday and you will hear someone say the same words about you. Everything is a joke to you people.

• Cancel Reply February 18, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Clinical depression is real, and we need to talk about it openly. I hope he is given the medical help he needs and that he gets better soon.

• ladyb February 18, 2016 at 5:50 pm

awwwwww i like him .his vids are super funny.
    hey young man, hold tight you will overcome whatever it is you are going through please speak to someone about your issues not twitter.i am looking to see more vids in a bit yo so do not fall my hand….oya gba kiss mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• DeeDee February 18, 2016 at 5:52 pm

Dear BN- this is a nature that is sensitive. I would ask you please respect it. The friend said “pls full story will not be disclosed on Twitter or any sites ) just pray for us….” Biko, respect that. Everyone can see this on social media. Please do not let this post turn it into a circus. Some unsavory characters were saying he should kill himself. smh.

I would rather you reach out to dude and look at a way of trying to help him (think corporate social responsibility) dude needs help financially. Times are tough as you know. ” I go to uni, work a minimum of 9 hours a day just to find money to pay my fees, my bills and rent but all to no avail.”. As a large media outlet please help him in anyway you can. Financially, career wise and the like.

It is not enough to just say “he is fine”. Be the difference and set yourselves apart. I will be doing so myself and help him with the little I have.

Let us please continue to pray for Ereme. In a heartbeat everything can be gone. We often focus too much on nonsense i.e. LindaIkeji’s Bag. The rate is N505 on the black market and people are silently suffering.

Jesus loves you Ereme. We love you too.

*Hugs* Dee

• abbey February 18, 2016 at 6:01 pm

@keke driver….depression is real and the way we handle pain n emotions is different..you dont know what people r going through..its ok to keep insensitive comments to urself sometimes…i pray u never find urself in this situation.

• Madame February 18, 2016 at 6:06 pm

Please don’t tag him as “suicidal comedian”. It sounds like that is his defining tag line, it is not. He is a comedian experiencing suicidal thoughts at the moment. He gave a cry for help, most don’t. Tywse, you are very funny and I can’t imagine the future of Nigerian comedy without you. Get the help and rest that you need. LIfe is challenging all around, even for those on social media that seems to have it together. You can and will rise above this, not for anyone but for your future self. You contribute so much through you humor and ideas. Stay strong.

• Missy J February 18, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Lol… BN said ” Suicidal comedian” …that’s funny!!
    None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating others like an after thought, be kind. Clearly this guy misses a real family.
    My heart is heavy for his friend as well.
    God bless them and grant them their desired breakthrough.

• nene February 18, 2016 at 6:20 pm

why did he want to kill himself?

• lily February 18, 2016 at 6:25 pm

i pray deeply for him…life can get hard, tough, crazy but hanging in there makes a whole lot of difference. You are loved Tywse…u bring smiles on people face and i hope in ur moments of trials that the lord will comfort you. You are a star in the making…it could be tough at the beginning but if u continue to believe in yourself then u will achieve it. Stay strong, stay positive, stay true.

• Santus February 18, 2016 at 6:47 pm

By the way is he the only one in this life that is depressed? So many people are going through rough times and they have never thought of committing suicide. Abeg pack well!!!

• Cancel Reply February 18, 2016 at 7:50 pm

@Santus!!!! What a nasty comment. I pray you don’t go through depression to truly understand it. Do you realize sometimes depressed people have no control over their mind? We can be such an insensitive society. Kind words go a long way.

• AW February 18, 2016 at 9:05 pm

Have we as Nigerians become so jaded in our thinking that we find serious issues funny or dismiss them out rightly as attention seeking? I live by the golden rule that if you have nothing nice to say, SHUT UP!
      How dare you dismiss something as serious as sucidal thoughts? Are all people the same? Africans are very good at generalising! If A can do it, you should also be able to do it too! For where dem for write am? Biko show me your book of rules.

• Tgirl February 18, 2016 at 6:54 pm

Nene, I use to be like you… I’ve always wondered why people would want to kill their self… Until last year I was going through a rough path in life… It might be stupid to some but it weighed me down… Boyfriend problem…plus I was doing really bad in school and I hated my self because I used to be an honor student…. My parent didn’t know I was failing so whenever they call they keep telling me how proud they are….and how I make them happy… But deep down I knew I was a failure! Bad relationship! Bad grades!! On top of that dollars was increasing !! Which means my school fee was almost double. I sat down and calculated my fee from freshman to my senior year and I hated my self! I wanted to just end it all because I thought I was a disappointment… Mr terese you made me smile through out my difficult times… And I pray God heals you. And as for you nene I hope you never get to that point in your life where the only option for you is death…. I’m sorry I made this about me … It’s just that depression is real! I’m doing great btw?

• Cancel Reply February 18, 2016 at 8:34 pm

…and BN really? “Suicidal comedian”.?? I guess y’all are competing with the ratchet blogs now. SMH. Everyone stays compromising their standards for the clicks.

• Madame February 19, 2016 at 4:10 am

Yes that headline is distasteful. BN, next time, please include useful information about how ppl can get help when in this dilemma.

• Felinda February 18, 2016 at 8:37 pm

he is my favourite IG comedian – hope this is a joke of some sort.
    He had not updated his page in a while and I was wondering why
    He is extremely talented and does like 4 or 5 characters in one.
    I pray he is well

• K February 18, 2016 at 11:17 pm

Depression is real. People need to take it seriously. I almost committed suicide . People may ask why? But u won’t just be able to point to one particular reason at all. The fact that am abroad does not mean am happy. I just thank God that he helped me. I pray God comfort him

• Madame February 19, 2016 at 4:08 am

I hope you get the help you need from all the right places. Depression is real and it can be conquered. stay strong.

• Someonecute February 19, 2016 at 1:23 am

Eeyah I feel so emotional right now. Thank God they reached out to him on time.

• Mrs 2Kobo February 19, 2016 at 9:42 am

Please this is not the time for insensitive comments. He is a very brilliant and talented person facing life’s difficulties alone in a foreign land with no family and limited financial access. That is Hard! Please i identify and i pray he gets the necessary emotional support required for this period. Things will get better.

• FinchleysFinest February 19, 2016 at 4:23 pm

This is REAL : Most of us are dying inside and feel the only way we can be happy is by making other people around us happy.
    the summary of that line is : Money will never produce Happiness..

Its good he’s fine now.

• Ab”s babe February 19, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Yes! I am the first girl he ever dated, things got messed up but still tbt He’s a young hardworking guy, he’s bn through a lot …so Yall should not judge him,because you don’t know his struggle(s)

Please if you don’t know him,don’t say shit about him…just pray for him… Thank you

• Ab”s babe February 19, 2016 at 6:18 pm

And for yall that wish him well, may the almighty God bless you…..