News

ADEBAYO JONES

BellaNaija.com

Adebayo Jones is a London-Based Nigerian designer, his focus is primarily occasion/formal wear and wedding dresses. I like to think of Adebayo as a bespoke dressmaker. His designs are all about clean lines, expert tailoring and precision finishing. I luv his work and admire his resilience as he was one of the pioneering African designers in Europe. This fashion spread is from my fav magazine, True Love West Africa. ENJOY.

Clothes – Adebayo Jones
Model – Felicia Ogunkoya
Hair – Bobby @ Bobby’s Signature
Make-up – Bayo Haastrup @ Ijade Egbin
Photography – Ben Ingoldby @ Exposure Studios
Stylist – Omoyemi Akerele @ Executive Styling & Image Consultants
Location – My mechanic, Oga Basir’s workshop….LOL…Just Kidding!

Luv the red dress! I have to say that Yemi Akerele is a fantastic stylist….the location adds an unexpected element to the spread….I also luv the rusty, earthy tones and lights that the photgrapher used…….U know I luv to hear ur opinions! so what do u guys think?

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. Dammie

July 31, 2006 at 5:31 am

Those red shoes are 78,000 NAIRA?!?…….LoL, WHOA!!!

Anyhooo, How come it took a SOUTH AFRICAN Magazine to showcase all this beautiful Nigerian talent?…..Where were they all this whileeeeee?!?………..

2. princessafrique

July 31, 2006 at 1:00 pm

WOW.the shoes r expensive ooo.when they r not laboutins or manolos. location is great, concept nice, model is pretty. clothes r alright.

3. Onada

July 31, 2006 at 3:19 pm

lol i know..the shoes are hella expensive….i like the model and the clothes are ok.

4. Icy

July 31, 2006 at 4:28 pm

Totally diggin this spread.. nice work..! Looks very hot! Thanks babz!

5. Anonymous

July 31, 2006 at 5:15 pm

there’s nothing remarkable about the clothes. might as well buy gucci.

6. CoolDigest

July 31, 2006 at 5:46 pm

Nice report. We should put our heads together and come up with something wonderful… can I call you? else you call me +234 (0) 802 780 1887

-Kola-
    CoolDigest

7. Anonymous

August 1, 2006 at 1:12 am

Abeg no toasting on the site MR kooldigest..lol

8. Mona

August 1, 2006 at 1:33 am

LOL @ no toasting, it seems Adebayo Jones is the best so far ooo….I think you have inspired me to do a post on fashion, never knew much abt naija fashion until bella naija and true love and thisday style/city people fashion/encomium style came into my life

9. Aba Boy

August 1, 2006 at 11:20 am

Adebayo Jones – heard lots about him. Has a good profile here in the UK..Top Man

10. CoolDigest

August 1, 2006 at 12:21 pm

na wa oh. person no go fit ask a sista for number without another person thinking it toasting.. .LOL. anyways, its the world we live in… I just want a colabo with the sista (not on the bed oh)… see http://cooldigest.blogspot.com

all the best! cheers everyone. blog on!!!

-Kola-

11. Anonymous

August 1, 2006 at 2:35 pm

Mmmhmmm “colabo” Yeah right!! LOL

psst..Bella!!! We don’t want to share you O…LOL

12. naijagal

August 1, 2006 at 5:22 pm

keep up the good work bella check out my blog I have updated it!

13. Dammie

August 1, 2006 at 6:22 pm

“Naijagirl”……What’s with the discrimination on ur blog? So if we r not bloggers we cannot comment?!?………LoL

14. naijagal

August 1, 2006 at 8:12 pm

really? I did not know that? what discrimination??:) let me know so i can fix it

15. naijagal

August 1, 2006 at 8:21 pm

sorry I have fixed it please post your comments!;)

16. Miss TiMi

August 1, 2006 at 9:48 pm

im feelin the corset and skirt 100% and those red shoes..HOOTT!

17. Adaure

August 2, 2006 at 2:32 pm

o am digging the out fits– not sure that the model ‘sold’ it–seems like the clothes are wearing her– her features are very hard, rugged and defined that ther hair is just out of place. A bald look or a jagajaga hair style would have done more for the composition. Anyways that’s just my litte aside critique, the spread and whole get up is still dope sha…..does anyone know Mr. JOnes? please tell him to holla at me for a collabo

18. CoolEvents

August 2, 2006 at 4:04 pm

am not taking her away, am just trying to make some of her creativity rubb on me… haba! put me down oh, I no wear pant!

No be somebody wan colabo with Mr. Jones? abeg, Bella, what do you think? as innocent as a baby’s question.. 😀

cheers everyone!

19. undressed*polaroid

August 2, 2006 at 9:59 pm

I like the red top but that model……eesh, someone needs to sort out those poses…i’m cruel..

20. 36ixty5

September 6, 2006 at 3:31 am

hmmmm

21. Anonymous

February 7, 2007 at 2:20 pm

Dear Bella

Many thanks for the effort and the kindness invested n commnenting
    on my work regarding shoot with True Love West Africa.
    It has taken years of dedication, passion and resilience to get here.There have been good times and tough times, and the Lord has been truly good to me,for this I am eternally thankful.
    May God bless you and keep up the fabulous work.

Regards

ADEBAYO JONES

KI

22. Anonymous

February 21, 2008 at 1:15 am

love those clothes only heard of bella in uk which one be bella naija na wa o! anyway keep it up…….shows there are still talents in nigeria.

23. nihin1uk

February 21, 2008 at 1:43 am

love your designs bella, but would have loved if you used another name cos bella already existed here in the uk……….any way keep up the work,it’s good if people like u could come up with such ideas..B#E#L#L#A