News

BELLA NAIJA ROUND-UP

BellaNaija.com

Here is a Visual Update of Recent Fab Fashion and Entertainment

Here are some brand new photos of Nnenna from last season’s ANTM…I am really glad that she is doing so well…
She is lookin’ very fierce! LUV IT!

Here is Oluchi with musician Mario and Victoria’s Secret model, Alessandra Ambrosio. She was at the VIP Dinner for the launch of Victoria’s Secret’s “Sexy Little Things” yesterday….

Here is Oluchi at Victoria’s Secret Very Sexy Makeup Launch – After Party a couple of weeks ago…she’s with Rachel Roy (Mrs. Damon Dash) and Supermodel, Gisele in the pics…Great to see she is still doing big things!

This just made a laugh so much! I was browsing through the collections shown at Paris Fashion Week which took place about a week ago.
So I was lookin through the Louis Vuitton Spring 2007 Ready-to-Wear collection and what did I see? Many bags featured were ‘Ghana Must Go’ bags…u know them now…lol…don’t front!
So all u aspiring fashionistas, if you want the style but don’t want to buy the LV ‘Ghana Must Go’…just search around your house, find one and rock it! LOL… U know we are going to see some Nigerian chicas rockin it in ‘ThisDay Style’ soon! Marc Jacobs is such a clown…

By the way, make sure you vote for P-Square for this year’s MTV Europe Music Awards being held at the Bella Center (hola!!! lol) in Copenhagen, Denmark….They are nominated for ‘Best African Act’ (2Face Idibia won last year) – HERE

That’s it…ENJOY! Let us know what you think!

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.com Follow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. TaureanMinx

October 18, 2006 at 5:55 am

Nice roundup Bella. Ghana must go???? Wonder shall never ever cease. You can’t pay me to carry it oh lol. I don’t care if LV put a stamp on it. Olodo man lol.

2. Toni Payne

October 18, 2006 at 6:52 am

hahaha! You have got to be kidding me. wow! those do look like those Ghana must go bags, maybe that is where he got his inspiration from.

3. Daddy's Girl

October 18, 2006 at 10:23 am

What? LV Ghana must go bags? That is so insane! Fashion is an amazing thing. I think those bags will catch on o, but I don’t know if any Naija babe will have the guts to carry it.. except maybe if someone like Nike Osinowo kicks it off. But if I see any Nigerian carrying it, I go laff o! Thanks for all the fashion updates. I like your blog!

4. LondonBuki

October 18, 2006 at 11:09 am

LOL!!!!! Let me see any Nigerian Girl carrying that bag!!! What a waste! Might as well by the original thing for close to nothing!

The LV name does not make the bag any better. That’s my own opinion…

LOL! I am still laughing!!!

5. LondonBuki

October 18, 2006 at 11:17 am

TYPO – buy* not ‘by’

6. Anonymous

October 18, 2006 at 1:00 pm

I think Naija girls will carry anything that has a name/stamp on it we are so driven by desingner items. Even the one we cant afford! Most Naija girls are posers.

7. JJ

October 18, 2006 at 2:33 pm

So Marc Jacobs is really serious about that?! Mad! LMAO, if naija girl rock am i swear i will just explode laughing atleast we can excuse the rest of the wrold for not knowing it’s origins from Tejuosho but naija peeps? Let me catch one first and they use fashion as an excuse, lol.

8. Angie

October 18, 2006 at 2:34 pm

My eyes almost popped out when i saw those ghana must go bags…. hmm i doubt if any naija chic will be caught wit that bag. Those bags r cheap(about 250 naira )i.e for the big sizes oh…just imagine how much the smaller version(L.V or not) will go for by the time our Nna brodas are thru with photocopying it..lol

9. Omolabake

October 18, 2006 at 3:06 pm

I bet u a naija chik is going to rock that “Ghana must go” bag….
    We are sometimes fashion blind…anything goes…..
    Imagine if u had seen someone wearing those leggins and pumps last year…A lot of people would have made fun of the person…BUT now “its so cute”…as my friend would say….
    I believe in rocking what looks nice on me….not what everyone is wearing…..

10. koketso

October 18, 2006 at 3:17 pm

I really like Oluchi shes definately going to be around and working for a long time. I just love to see the African/black girls really working because its a tough industry.
    Those bags have been around in trendy flea markets and young designer emporiums in all types of funky designs for a while. A design duo in South Africa called Strange Love actually had a really cool collection of those bags about 5 yrs ago and they still include the bags in creative ways in their avant garde collection. In south africa they’ve become really trendy small handbags for some so its definately not a “new” idea.

11. Biodun

October 18, 2006 at 3:22 pm

Its a lie, Ghana must go, is now a fashionable bag, they wont kill me sha with all this fashion stuff, too funny, me too I will start rocking my Ghana must go o, lol

12. yorubaparentwahala

October 18, 2006 at 3:25 pm

Oh hell naw! LV did not!!!!! There most definitely is already a naija waiting-list for those monstrosities. ROTFLMAO!!!!! That’s priceless.

On a different note, Aunty B., I’m still waiting for your response. It’s almost time for me and the Mr. to go home to start wedding plans. Help!!

13. zaiprincesa

October 18, 2006 at 3:41 pm

LMAO @ LVV Ghana Must Go. WHAT???..lemme find out people in the fashion industry are starting to lose it…

14. Anonymous

October 18, 2006 at 4:07 pm

Yeah I would carry it! Its a desinger bag abi?

15. PSB

October 18, 2006 at 4:13 pm

LOL! I would like to see if it’ll catch on if Lindsay, Paris,Jessica Simpson or even Gwyneth Paltrow Started lugging them around…I bet then it would be a hit!

Not every knows it’s( Ghana Must Go) origin so they may just look at it as the next best thing to carry when running out to the store or whatever!

16. psb

October 18, 2006 at 4:18 pm

@ Nnennas’ picture..Love the pose with the arched back! “You better Werk!” , Miss Nnenna! “You better Werk!”

17. Angie

October 18, 2006 at 4:58 pm

Bella exactly how many times can we vote for P-square in a day?? cos i have voted like 10 times in like 2mins..

18. Nike

October 18, 2006 at 5:20 pm

lol thats so funny, LV”ghana must go” i actually saw just a normal ghana must go featured in Teen Vogue like last yr.. i guess theyre really serious abt it.. lol. i better go digging for mine wherever it is.

19. Mari

October 18, 2006 at 5:41 pm

LMAO can I just say this is the ONE reason why Marc Jacobs is at the top of my favourite designers list- in the American section, he is my NUMBER 1.

His creativity and “i-dont-care-what-people-think” attitude is what makes him soooo unique. You just gotta love him mehn.

I saw the collection as well and wanted to blog about it but apparently Bella Naija has beat me to it.

20. Anonymous

October 18, 2006 at 6:04 pm

bella’s got the blogworld on lock down! Go Bella

21. teekay

October 18, 2006 at 6:30 pm

What “ghana must go” LV bags. Definately not for me. But for those who are brave enuff, do ya thing. i wouldnt mind examining one tho, to see what the quality of the ghana must go bag is like. Good post girl.

22. Nigerican

October 18, 2006 at 8:48 pm

i love love love what u do everyday. I’m so updated because of u and i thank u for that.
    I gotta get me one of those gahna must go bags LMAO ,that’s intense. Thanks once more

23. Tope

October 18, 2006 at 10:19 pm

LV GHANA-MUST-GOs…..damn !!!!
    I coulda shoulda woulda been a millionaire by now….why don’t i think of things like this? hennn…why?

24. Overwhelmed Naija Babe

October 19, 2006 at 1:47 am

[email protected] vuitton Ghana must go bags… theres nothin we wont see oh… but knowing the history of that bag me overwhelmed naija babe.. i wont rock it oh.. he’s charging thousands for what they sell in naija for 200 bucks? bigger size @ that

oluchi is lookin fierce as well as nnenna

great writeup as always babe

25. yankeenaijachick

October 19, 2006 at 2:29 am

Nice one bella, I love reading ur blog. Very interesting. I can’t wait to have my own ghana must go bag. I guess every market woman in naija has one.lol.

26. Beautifully Human

October 19, 2006 at 11:26 am

forget ‘ghana-must-go’. More like ‘LV-must go’!!!
    LOL

27. Finz

October 19, 2006 at 8:43 pm

They must be outta their minds! Ghana must go ko, LV must go ni!

28. Reen

October 19, 2006 at 9:33 pm

i cant stop laughing this so hilarious Ghana must go bags are now in fashion?????

we should sue him he jacked off our style(lol) the only diff is that he put a LV logo on it

29. Anonymous

October 20, 2006 at 6:22 am

How do u spell “cracking up”….LOL…thats what I did when I saw the bags.

as for rocking it….”I can’t fit”…I doesn’t care if all of Hollywood become spokesperson – it is still ‘Ghana must go’

30. Anonymous

October 22, 2006 at 6:44 pm

I am going to stone the first African I see carrying this bag. I am sure LV will not acknowledge the fact that they got the inspiration from Naija (lol)

31. Anonymous

October 23, 2006 at 3:14 am

So happy for Oluchi. I guess some “has been” beauty queens must be dying of jealousy right about now.

32. Anonymous

October 24, 2006 at 9:53 pm

Evisu launched their verison at least 3 years ago! CREATIVITY OR RECYCLED? YOU BE THE JUDGE. I personally cannot see me buying this… however to each his own. THE FASHION WORLD IS A MESS.. I MEAN ONE WILL PAY CLOSE TO 3 GRAND FOR A BAG AND IT’S CONSIDERED “LAST SEASON” MOMENTS LATER! THE NOVELTY OF A DESIGNER BAG WEARS OFF THE MINUTE YOU BUY IT.. I’LL LEAVE IT TO THE CELEBS AND THOSE THAT HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO WITH 3 GRAND.