News

NOLLYWOOD MODELS + IDOLS WA TOP 10

BellaNaija.com

Hey Everyone,
So how was your weekend? Mine was obviously a bit too exciting..lol.
That is why I am just getting around to blogging on Tuesday.
Anyways, I promised exciting and exclusive stuff this week and I aim to deliver so check on it!
Have a great week and enjoy!

________________________________________________________________
Here is a look at some of Nollywood’s hottest female stars, modelling clothes by top Nigerian designers for Genevieve Magazine. I love Dakore’s Jewel by Lisa outfits!

OMOTOLA Jalade Ekeinde

DAKORE Egboson

FUNLOLA Aofiyebi

RITA Dominic

_________________________________________________________________
Our dear Mr. Nigeria, Ikenna Bryan Okwara was able to reach the Top 12 at the Mr. World competition in Sanya, China. I am so glad for him, even though he didnt win! Juan Garcia from Spain won the Mr World 2007 Title.

________________________________________________________________
So the Idols West Africa Top 10 performances were last night. Honestly, they did quite well but I still expect a lot more from them! Check out the performances. 19-year old Olabisi Onabanjo university student, Omodele Fatoki was voted out.
Mercy – ‘I Have Nothing’ by Whitney Houston
Timi – ‘Dance With My Father’ by Luther Vandross
Eric – Boyz 2 Men number ‘End of the Road’
Jodie – ‘Natural Woman’ by Aretha Franklin
Joan – ‘Save The Best for the Last’ by Vanessa Williams
Jerrilyn – ‘Unbreak My Heart’ by Toni Braxton
Omodele – Luther Vandross’ ‘Here and Now’
Omawumi – ‘Dance With Somebody’ by Whitney Houston
Temitayo – ‘River Deep, Mountain High’ by Tina Turner
Uche – John Legend’s ‘Used to Love You’
At this point, if I had to pick a guy and a girl, it would be Eric and Omawumi.
I cant wait till they sing different genres of songs…I am getting a lil’ bit tired of the same ol’, same ol’ ballads and uptempo pop songs. Someone should please tell Mercy to chill on the facial expressions, I honestly couldnt listen to her sing ’cause I was distracted by the look on her face. Uche, Timi and Temitayo (her mum owns the All-Saints Orphanage) also delivered good performances. The rest were just ok.
_________________________________________________________________

That’s it for today!
Please show some love and let us know what you think by leaving a comment.
Have a great week!

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.comFollow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. adumaadan - Blacktinkerbell

April 3, 2007 at 12:51 pm

first? could it be?

2. adumaadan - Blacktinkerbell

April 3, 2007 at 12:52 pm

bella, you’re too much. Love, love Dakore.

3. Anonymous

April 3, 2007 at 1:38 pm

Omotola is HOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT.

4. Jola Naibi

April 3, 2007 at 1:57 pm

I haven’t had a chance to look at the performances yet…but I was wondering why no one (at least no one I have seen) is performing West African or even African songs. I’ll take Naija bcos that is what I am familiar with ..we have so many nice songs from Naija artists…one that comes to mind is this lovely Onyeka Onwenu song called Bianu (I think)…I don’t speak Ibo but anytime I hear that song (and it has been a while) I feel pretty uplifted. It is the West African Idol and all the songs I see performed are hardly West African in origin…or maybe that’s the caveat in the Idol contract or something…I am not sure about these things but I guess I expected the West African idol to be different not a demi-clone of the American Idol…I feel pretty let-down and have lost the initial enthusiasm that I felt when the competition started.

5. bimbylads

April 3, 2007 at 2:51 pm

im fifth?? hisssss.. anyway, better luck to me next time…

pls.. wazzz that? ( referring to Rita Dominic)~… she looks better in real life..

omotola is sooo pretty its scary! loll,, another Great post bella N!

6. Count Sky

April 3, 2007 at 2:52 pm

I agree with you Jola Naibi. In fact I am actually pretty irritated at this point. They need to sing some West AFrican songs.

7. suburbannaijamom

April 3, 2007 at 3:05 pm

i thot jodi did an excellent job.

8. Koki

April 3, 2007 at 3:09 pm

I love the outfits on Dakore esp the one with the kimono style wrap belt. Really lovely. Beautiful ladies. Gingham just never goes out of style, nice retro look.

9. Ladybrille

April 3, 2007 at 3:24 pm

Great post as usual Bella. Bobby did a great job with the hair for Omotola. I think she is slowly but surely redefining herself in the fashion dept. I hope she can transfer some tips from the shoot to her personal life and maintain. She looks brilliant! Not crazy, at all at all about the way Rita D. is styled. She looks waaaay too old, especially, in the first outfit and her clothes do not complement her body shape and personality.

I agree with Jola re: performing African songs. That’s the thought I’ve had from day one. Performing African songs AND most importantly showcasing African Fashion! But, then again, I thought it is West African Idols meant to produce an international star so maybe they would prefer a Western product [singer] all the way. I think however it makes it bland,boring and embarrassing to West Africa. Doing the same music everyone has done over and over again? There’s a reason why Akon is doing so well. His sound is different, African although he seems to seamlessly blend it with Hip-hop.

10. law_damsel

April 3, 2007 at 3:46 pm

Dakore is kul, even omotola as well. so who r these designers??

11. Ugo Daniels

April 3, 2007 at 4:01 pm

Omosexy is da HOTTEST! I just cant get enough of her.

Gr8 post Bella Naija

12. Dammie

April 3, 2007 at 5:21 pm

Ohhh, I reallllllly like the Genevieve spread!!…and I also see Y ppl r normally crayzee about Omotola. She looks good.

XxYo!xX

13. Uzo

April 3, 2007 at 5:28 pm

Timi is my idol – something about the huskiness in his voice.

The fashion spread – the ladies look good…Omotola is really beautiful…

14. Im A Babe

April 3, 2007 at 5:37 pm

omotola and dakore take the crown… HANDS DOWN!!

15. Inuke Omotola Davis

April 3, 2007 at 6:23 pm

Omotola really looks nice!!!!

16. Dammie

April 3, 2007 at 7:43 pm

I’m not biased or anything, but I think Mr Nigeria is clearlyyyy the winner of this competition, ALREADY!!

17. tatafo!

April 3, 2007 at 8:03 pm

OmoT is always point! Funlola looks so classy and elegant, I’m really digging the styles she was rocking.
    So on Idols WA tip, has Dolapo been voted out? bcos I haven’t seen her around lately.

18. Anonymous

April 3, 2007 at 9:27 pm

these nigerian actresses are getting fat, haba!

19. Beyond

April 3, 2007 at 9:30 pm

Omosexy and dakore are looking hot.
    wish Mr Nigeria all the best.

20. yankeenaijachick

April 3, 2007 at 11:09 pm

Oomotola looks so hot and sexy…….Dakore, looks cutie too.

ok bloggers, did l lie about the Naija mr world guy. ‘IKENNA’………..HE MADE IT TO FIRST TWELVE.

I was so damn right about Ikenna. SO, l can now rest my case. There are more sexy guys out there to represent Naija.

21. Kpakpando

April 3, 2007 at 11:23 pm

mehn biko bella I have an important mission for you. I need you to personally contact Omotola and ask her what cream she’s using… I mean why the hell does she get finer every time I see her? Ogini? is life sweeting her that much? biko what’s her secret, me too I want to look like fine fine opeke, na only her go enjoy.

Ikenna, Kpakpando hearts you, just take those things out of your head, that bone structure and mine would produce fine pikin, chei you don’t even know. Call me boo xoxo Kpakpie

22. NIGERIA POLITRICKS

April 4, 2007 at 3:25 am

Ikenna made it to the top 12, bcos there were only 12 pple that showed up.LOL!…as per the idols, (cough, cough)it’s just hogwash with all this Akata songs. They should at least try to be original and sing some ‘Owambe’ songs!

23. Anonymous

April 4, 2007 at 8:10 am

Politricks you are a cow. Ikenna is clearly a hottie in that group pic. Tell me your eyes arent drawn to him in that wack group. Anyway, yeah Rita is much better looking up close and personal. I liked the other clothes by the third chick no one is mentioning and dakores first fit but that LISA FOLAWIYO can get it. That b*&&^ knows her shii! I agree the styling and fitting on Rita was poorly executed even her makeup made her drab. poor thing. she’s cool though

herrrm, I tink am finished

…bella I think I found out who you were, IMPECCABLE taste! ciao

24. Nigerican

April 4, 2007 at 9:00 am

Omotola looks great for a lady with 4 or 5 kids mehn i wish i look that good.
    -None of the idols know how to end a song ,they all seem to loose it at the end
    -To be honest i’m impressed with the boys and feel like the girls are not just bringing their “A” game .They are all clothed well ,except the girl in the BLUE DRESS- i HATE her wig , y can’t they braid her or somthing. Anywayz those are my 2 cents. I looooove u’re blog BTW.

25. chidi

April 4, 2007 at 11:14 am

i don’t know if the problem is from my computer but i can’t see the pics

26. Desola

April 4, 2007 at 12:06 pm

Omotola looking AB FAB!!!

27. temmy tayo

April 4, 2007 at 1:08 pm

OMG, I need to go to Naija o. They all look hawt!

28. Mona

April 4, 2007 at 6:35 pm

loving this!

29. Anonymous

April 5, 2007 at 3:19 am

omotola looked HAWT!now i dont know who is hotter …omsexy or geneiveve

30. Anonymous

April 8, 2007 at 1:56 am

DEAR BELLA YOU ARE THE BEST PERSON IN THE WORLD

31. Anonymous

April 8, 2007 at 2:02 am

HABA HABA

32. Pink-satin

April 10, 2007 at 6:17 pm

i have been reading ur blog and posting anonymous comments for a while now…alll i scan say is u are d BOMB…really..its hard work to put all these together and u do it all the time..u really do take it seriously!well done

33. bintifulbabe

August 8, 2007 at 10:54 pm

At this point, I m on a Bella Naija overdose.Decided to read all your archives.. I m not a gushing fan yet but I’ll get there….have you got any fashion tips for women who do not want to reveal 2 much flesh a la wannabe hajias??? Funlola Aofeyebi’s photos is giving me some ideas.

34. MonicaIsGolden

December 28, 2008 at 9:22 pm

BELLA this is awesome. omotola looks flawless. KEEP POSTING!
    😀

35. emmanuel

January 21, 2010 at 10:57 am

i love the way they put it so good so hood ooo

36. peggy

November 16, 2012 at 4:26 pm

i think rita is tough,dakore tougher and omotala is the toughest