News

MISS WORLD 2007 – AFRICAN QUEENS

BellaNaija.com

Hey Everyone!!!!First up, thanks for the advice you gave, ‘Miss Confused’, there were so many varying responses but that’s the joy of it.
Anyways, nothing much is going on with me….my life is quite boring at the moment actually….hmmm I need to do something to spice it up!
I didn’t realize it was Halloween today…hmmm the whole Halloween thing freaks me out but its always fun to go for Halloween parties tho, all the dressing up and things. Is anyone going? what are you dressing up as? let us know!
Its that time again for the Miss World 2007 pageant.Check out the ladies below.

NIGERIA – Munachi Gail Teresa Nwankwo Abbi
Pic & Makeup: Banke Meshida Lawal

ANGOLA – Micaela REIS

BOTSWANA – Malebogo MARUMOAGAE

ETHIOPIA – Mihret ABEBE

GHANA – Irene DWOMOH

KENYA – Catherine WAINAINA

NAMIBIA – Marichen Jolandi LUIPERTH

SIERRA LEONE – Fatmata B TURAY

SOUTH AFRICA – Megan Kate COLEMAN

SWAZILAND – Nkosingiphile DLAMINI

TANZANIA – Richa Maria ADHIA

UGANDA – Monica Kansume KASYATE

ZIMBABWE – Caroline MARUFU

I was looking through the photos of the ‘African Queens’ and I’m sorry but I wasnt WOWED at all! I guess beauty pageants are losing their relevance these days….What do y’all think? What are MBGN Munachi’s chances of winning?

By the way, today is the deadline for nominations for the Future Awards 2008. Go and nominate your friends, sisters, bloggers, heck even yourself! Click HERE

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.com Follow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. linda ikeji

October 31, 2007 at 11:04 am

Munachi looks exquisite. More beautiful now than when she won. Good luck to her. BTW, am I first?

2. linda ikeji

October 31, 2007 at 11:06 am

Yes I am…wow!!! History has been made today!!!

3. Icy

October 31, 2007 at 1:09 pm

On the top 5 bit.. Oh am so back on this blog .. shuu and I read it before I commented.lol! Nice pics of all the gurls. of course I am on the Naija gurl’s end.. come home a winner 😉 YEAAAAHHH!

4. Nyemoni

October 31, 2007 at 1:52 pm

Wow, Banke Meshida Lawal sure did a great job with the makeup…Last pix I saw of her was the 3rd one and it left me quite dissapointed…Now I see the good looks…I wish her best of luck!

5. onydchic

October 31, 2007 at 2:07 pm

i agree with bella though… Not much of a wow factor going on, including nigeria. Especially nigeria. IMHO. I think Amgola’s is the loveliest, though.

6. Belema

October 31, 2007 at 2:40 pm

The Nigerian girl is stunning but she needs to cut back on the excessive makeup shielding her natural beauty- Im impressed with her she just might have a chance.

7. omo-obanta

October 31, 2007 at 2:53 pm

why they all yellow ehn? even the ghanaian is light skinned for a ghanaian. na wa o. agbani is not yellow jo….

8. yankeenaijachick

October 31, 2007 at 3:08 pm

you could say that again. ….ther are so many prety girls out there that could be Miss Nigeria. I guess judges of today judge on other personalities and not good looks alone. You know rite

9. Anonymous

October 31, 2007 at 4:02 pm

Munachi has lovely eyes.

10. Bukenzo

October 31, 2007 at 4:08 pm

I think Muna’s got a great chance. Am a fan of ur blog and i just started mine as when. If it isn’t a bother, i’ld love to know what u think about my blog @ http://www.adebukola.blogspot.com
    Peace!

11. Anonymous

October 31, 2007 at 5:02 pm

Checkout Oluchi’s baby pics at linda Ikeji’s blog!

12. Anonymous

October 31, 2007 at 5:06 pm

My Favourites are Miss Ethiopia, Miss Namibia, Angola and Nigeria. They all look alike..all fair skinned. NO WOW factor. I’m rooting for Muna (Ms Naija) . Is it me or does she look like Hilary from Fresh Prince. She’s a fine gal oo. Go my Naija sister

13. IntellectualDiva

October 31, 2007 at 5:09 pm

IT’S VERY ANNOYING THAT OUR REP IS STILL WEARING CONSPICUOUS LIP-LINE MAKEUP. IS THERE NO PROGRESS IN THE PAGEANT INDUSTRY?

Also, I don’t know about the girl’s look being ‘marketable’ enough. Yetunde Taiwo should be the next Miss Nigeria!

14. IntellectualDiva

October 31, 2007 at 5:15 pm

Or Aina Fadina because she is NAPPY-HEADED! I’d choose both of them anyday over those fair-skinned ladies…

15. Zena

October 31, 2007 at 5:33 pm

Actually,
    not being biased or anything, the rep for Naija is actually one the prettier ones,
    And yes we do know that there are preetier girls In Naija, but are they all going to contest for a pageant?does anyone get what I’m saying?

16. Arewa

October 31, 2007 at 7:40 pm

wow.. the Nigerian Rep is soo pretty. All the best x x Its abt time the title came home to Africa …!!

17. Uzo

October 31, 2007 at 8:19 pm

The Nigerian looks better than the rest of the african queens in my opinion….

18. pamelastitch

October 31, 2007 at 8:52 pm

I agree – the Nigerian rep is hot!!

19. shola pacheco

October 31, 2007 at 10:31 pm

wow,she looks beautiful, but there are too many beauty contests these days and its beginning to lose its beauty and purpose

great job by banke meshida,looking forward to her doing my make up some day soon i hope

20. Flame

October 31, 2007 at 10:48 pm

nice,which the 9ja girl would tone down the make-up a lil tho.

21. tatafo!

October 31, 2007 at 11:37 pm

Angola always brings the heat with their beauty paegents.
    Munachi is a pretty girl, and the Ethiopian chick too. The rest of them are okay, goodluck to them all.

22. wienna

November 1, 2007 at 12:59 am

E get as e be for dat Kenyan girl’s forehead o. Her own fit pass Tyra Banks sef.

23. Anonymous

November 1, 2007 at 1:01 am

Wasn’t Miss Angola at the Miss Universe contest this year? I’m pretty sure it’s the same woman.

24. CATWALQ a.k.a LAGBA-JESS

November 1, 2007 at 3:16 am

please who knows the secret to Ms Nigeria’s skin, biko nu

and trust south africa to be caucasian

25. NikkiSab

November 1, 2007 at 9:10 am

N9ja was d most beautiful and den Angola. De r beautiful!!!!!!!!!

26. Anonymous

November 1, 2007 at 9:45 am

i angola will win miss world! just the best in the group. she also made the top 10 at Miss Universe this year!

27. ~Mimi~

November 1, 2007 at 11:32 am

ok that nigerian girl is fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! lol but seriously, enough with the lip liner ish! IT AINT CUTE!!!!

they are all beautiful girls in varying ways.

28. Anonymous

November 1, 2007 at 4:28 pm

hmmm

29. Dave Lucas

November 1, 2007 at 5:36 pm

I’m torn between Botswana, Angola and Ethiopia… makes me wish I lived in Africa!

30. Anonymous

November 1, 2007 at 6:26 pm

I can’t believe no one has talked about Ms. Nigeria’s contacts. Why is she wearing green or blue or whatever colour contacts? Someone said she has nice eyes…hhhm! Are they allowed to wear contacts? Aren’t some of their body parts still supposed to be real? In all fariness though, the Indian beauty queens do it all the time.

31. Anonymous

November 1, 2007 at 6:50 pm

Before I even read Bella Naija’s comment that none of the women had a “WOW” factor, I was thinking the same thing. Don’t get me wrong, most of them are very pretty, but the WOW is not comming across the photo. Tyra Banks and Naomi Campbell have WOW factor to the max. They look amazing in photos.

I am rooting for Ms. Nigeria b/c I am Nigerian too. Though Munachi is wearing contacts, she has a nice slanted eye shape and beautiful clear glowing skin and straight, white teeth. Angola, Ethiopia, and Nambia are very pretty as well.

32. Anonymous

November 1, 2007 at 7:35 pm

Lol, Miss World really is played out now, most of the girls are nothing short of ordinary, really :p

Bella, could you please comment on the alleged BBA scandal?

This really is an affront to women everywhere, if the allegations are indeed true!

33. tatafo!

November 2, 2007 at 1:12 am

@ Anon above, where can we see pictures please?
    I think that’s the end of BBA this one was really out there!

34. Unknown Blogger

November 2, 2007 at 3:32 am

I have a new blog.

35. Anonymous

November 2, 2007 at 12:56 pm

I’m not wowed either. I mean a beauty queen shouldn’t look like me. They should look EXTRAORDINARY!!!

Ide.

36. Mona

November 2, 2007 at 7:03 pm

they are really pretty oh wow!

37. Overwhelmed Naija Babe

November 2, 2007 at 10:30 pm

the nigerian girl is PERFECT… wowwwwww so prettyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

38. Ladybrille

November 3, 2007 at 6:35 am

I actually think the Naija babe on her first pic which seems like it captures her natural look is gorgeous! If she’s got charisma, intelligence and charm, I think she will most likely win.

39. BiMbyLaDs**

November 3, 2007 at 10:00 pm

the naija babe looks like ide and I put together jare.. lol

jokes apart, nigerian women are buriful

40. Calabar Gal

November 4, 2007 at 2:02 pm

Munachi is extremely beautiful. I hope she goes a long way in the competition.

41. Schindler's List

November 5, 2007 at 2:48 am

I wanted to give u a link to my blog. I love your blog!

42. Anonymous

November 6, 2007 at 10:40 am

TOO MUCH BLEACHING,ahn ahn,cant people see,yes?she is light but that skin has been bleached and toned to within an inch of its life.

oluchi;;;;black beauty
    agbani….caramel beauty
    iman….sandy beauty

MUNACHI…oyinbo pepper

43. Anonymous

November 6, 2007 at 9:32 pm

Perhaps among the African Queens, Munachi may have a chance, but she faces stiff (VERY STIFF) competition to the Carribean Queens. Check them out at the Miss World website.

44. Vickii

November 6, 2007 at 10:56 pm

Miss Namimbia is beautiful … I’m not sure about the others, I really find it hard to believe that they’re supposed to be t most beautiful girls in the country. Someone needs to tell miss Nigeria that dark lipliner was out in the early 90s!

Great post as usual hun!

45. !!Estella!!

November 6, 2007 at 11:14 pm

naija babe, not bad….bring it home gurl!!!!!

46. Anonymous

November 26, 2007 at 9:34 pm

Miss Ghana has fast-tracked to the semi-finals by winning the talent event!!!! see for yourself!

47. Delsha

November 30, 2007 at 2:49 pm

I wish them all the best of luck.

48. Anonymous

December 3, 2007 at 2:22 pm

its beyond understanding.if africa is a black-dark country how come most of the contestants are from a light complexion? are we ashamed of our dark-chocolat sugar brown skin? oh what a shame. i thought we were moving forward.

49. UndaCovaSista

January 3, 2008 at 6:41 pm

Miss Namibia is stunning!

50. Anonymous

January 20, 2008 at 12:45 pm

Munachi Abbi. So ti igbo? What do you expect? Igbo girls are fine and sexy … lol!