News

RUNDOWN: 2FACE + OLUCHI + AGBANI + BBA II

BellaNaija.com

Hey Everyone,
How was your weekend?
Hope u had a great time…
I didnt do much this weekend, just went to get my hair done!
I made the decision to go ‘weave-free’ for the first time in a lonnnnng time like a month ago…I also cut my hair shorter and honestly I am loving it!
I also spent a lot of time reflecting, praying and planning for next steps in my life and business.
Anyways, enough about me – check out the rundown!
__________________________________________________

Tuface was attacked by armed robbers on Thursday, 4th October 2007.
Here is the eye witness account of what happened from Ifeanyi Orji, elder brother to Faze, who also doubles as his manager.

“It was at Cele Bus stop. We were in light traffic, ‘free styling’, a song he was writing, when I saw a couple of guys get down from the car next to us.‘Open the door!’ I heard the command from one of the assailants, and the blood froze in my veins! What was happening? I was rooted to my seat like a statue. The next thing I heard was boom! boom! The glass shattered. I thought I was dead! Then I heard Tuface’s voice calling “Odogwu, move! Get out of the car!” I don’t know how I did it. I just saw myself running and stumbling and running.”Suddenly I discovered that he was behind me, panting, asking, ‘’are you okay!’ Despite his wounds, he was still asking about my state. I reached out to support him as we staggered on. It was like watching a James Bond movie but in this case, we were the actors! “They would later be rescued by a van carrying pure water and taken to Cedar Hospital in Festac Town, where they were all admitted.
– See the rest of the story HERE

Anyways, contrary to some reports, 2Face is in high spirits and the injury is not life threatening. Senate President, Senator David Mark who is the senator of 2Face’s district in Benue State has offered to sponsor 2Face treatment abroad if need be.
Prayers and well wishes to him.
__________________________________________________

Oluchi just bought a $1.7 M. West End Condo in NYC. She already rents out a two-bedroom at the Park Imperial (it goes for between $7,500 and $9,000 monthly, ditto 10 West End), and will price a two-bedroom apartment at the new 101 Warren Street around $11,500. Plus, her studio at Jade Jagger’s eponymous condo in the Flatiron will rent for around $3,250 a month.
– Read the rest of the story HERE
Really glad to see Oluchi displaying her business acumen. She is graduating with her Bachelors degree from the prestigious NYU soon.

________________________________________________
Agbani Darego is now signed to Ford Models. Check out some of her videos providing advice on the modelling industry below. See more vids HERE
Agbani Darego on How to Apply to an Agency

Agbani Darego’s Basic Makeup Tips

___________________________________________________
If you haven’t been keeping track of BBA, you have missed a lot!
So much has happened and I can’t possibly get you up to speed with everything BUT I can give you a summary of all the romance! Sooooo much drama!
For info on all the contestants, check out my 1st BBA II post – HERE

Couple 1
Richard (Tanzania) & Tatiana (Angola) aka Richiana
This is the hottest and most scandalous Big Brother Africa II couple. Why? Well, apart from their incessant shared showers, kisses, massages, dancing etc….
The reason why this relationship is sooo controversial is because Richard is MARRIED.
24-Year old Richard is married to an older lady named Ricki who is originally from Canada and was declaring his love for his wife, left, right and centre when he first arrived in the BBA house but all that has changed now that he is involved with Tatiana. Richard claims he feels guilty about he and Tatiana’s relationship and sometimes kisses his wife photo (as if that makes up for his activities!!). Anyways, check out photos of the couple in action below.

Richard with his wife before BBA

Couple 2
Lerato (South Africa) & Max (Zambia)
Max was engaged when you entered the BBA II house, by the time he was evicted, his fiancé had dumped him! Why? Well, Max and Lerato (the L’Enfant terrible of the series) started a relationship in the house. Their relationship was supposedly consummated when they spent several days alone in the ‘penthouse’. They have both been evicted and have been spotted together outside the house.

Couple 3/4
Kweku (Ghana) & Meryl(Namibia)/Bertha (Zimbabwe)
Kweku was ‘dating’ Meryl before she was evicted, at that point he moved to Bertha. Wow…how sensitive! Bertha was evicted on Sunday.

Couple 5
Code (Malawi) & Maureen (Uganda)
She pursued him, she cried, she begged. Now they ‘seem’ in love, always waxing philosophical to each other. but when he is talking to the boys, Code makes it clear that the relationship has no future. Maureen has a boyfriend in ‘real life’ while Code has a girlfriend too.
____________________________________________________

That’s it for today!
So what do you think about the BBA II romances, Oluchi’s real estate biz, Agbani’s vids and be sure to send your well wishes to 2Face.

Ciao!

Living & Celebrating the African Dream! Catch all the Scoop on www.bellanaija.com Follow us Twitter: @bellanaija Facebook: @bellanaija Instagram: @bellanaijaonline

1. × it` is what is™

October 7, 2007 at 10:16 pm

Pele ooo 2 face…Get well soon.

2. Afolabi

October 7, 2007 at 10:29 pm

2 face get well soon, agbani darego..she no fine like b4..maybe it’s my eyes.

3. Ladybrille

October 7, 2007 at 10:34 pm

Keep up the good work. Read the TuFace story on Linda’s blog. Sad ain’t it. Thank God he is well.
    Have a great and not so busy week!

4. Inuke Omotola Davis

October 7, 2007 at 11:12 pm

Yeah Top five.
    Let me go read

5. mystoriesmytestimonies

October 7, 2007 at 11:27 pm

God please keep blessing tuface …
    tuface all is well with in Jesus name AMEN…

6. coolgal

October 7, 2007 at 11:47 pm

thank God for tuface it makes you wonder….

7. Anonymous

October 7, 2007 at 11:50 pm

I pray that 2 face gets better

8. RJ

October 8, 2007 at 12:02 am

Hmm…havent been here in a while. Nice post as usual. I feel sorry for tuface and all, and wish him the soonest recovery but what is it with our leaders and always wanting to send people aboad for simple treatments? Shouldnt they do somethng about the state of our healthcare system….it just makes them look stupid everytime. Geez that country!

Good for Agbani, havent heard much about her in ages.

Nice layout bella, when did u change it?

9. Dammie

October 8, 2007 at 12:03 am

Awwww, i heard it wasn’t actually robbers…but a jealous ex loverr…I hope it gets better…22 bullets in the thigh must freaking hurt!!!

Oluchi!! That’s awesome!!! Nothing like a stinkingly hot rich smart business woman!!!

Congratulations ot Agbani!!!

Have a fab week!

10. Zena

October 8, 2007 at 12:06 am

Well,
    I hope he gets better. Enemies of progress never prosper.
    I’m extremely proud of both Oluchi and Agbani, we all know how prestigious Ford is.

11. Anonymous

October 8, 2007 at 3:39 am

when did Agbani get to jand that she dey speak fone!!!!

12. Anonymous

October 8, 2007 at 4:09 am

oluchi is a savvy biz woman..nice one..agbani is pretty and articulate but looking too skinny!i thought her name was pronounced as A-G-B-A-N-I but she pronunced it as A-B-A-N-I ,leaving out the GB.why is she funkilizing it!

13. Unbiased

October 8, 2007 at 9:23 am

THank God you are back!! I dont have to go everywhere sniffing for gist. lol!! I’ll just come here.
    (Thanks for the tip bells).

14. January

October 8, 2007 at 9:33 am

I’m happy for Oluchi and Agbani. it’s great to see Nigerian women taking charge of their financial affairs. apart from the glamour they face in their respective fields, it’s inspiring to note that they have their feet firmly planted on the ground. Go Girls!.

15. linda ikeji

October 8, 2007 at 9:41 am

hey babe, just found out u’re back on the block…where u dey since?good about Oluchi, I will always love agbani, nice to know whe’s with ford.2face is fine now. See why ure needed in blogsville?welcome back.Muah!

16. Uzo

October 8, 2007 at 10:15 am

I am so proud of Oluchi…Keep it up…

17. wienna

October 8, 2007 at 12:03 pm

For goodness sake meeeeen, what’s with these naija girls wanting to be speaking with american accents? And to make things worse, she dey use style dey pout.

18. Thoughts Aloud

October 8, 2007 at 12:07 pm

I hope TuFace, gets fully recovered pretty soon.Something needs to be done about armed robbers and fast too.They are becoming too much of a menace.God be with us all.
    As to Oluchi and Agbani, you go girls.Keep doing what u do.

19. Arewa

October 8, 2007 at 1:37 pm

Whats up with all these armed Robberies anyway.. these people have no shame!!

As for the BBA contestants .. i think we all know what thier game plan is by now….the more people u sleep with.. the higher ur chances of making it to the final….They are trying to keep the viewers entertained…. thats reality TV for u. They all know what they are doing…THE THINGS THAT PEOPLE DO FOR MONEY!!

20. Mona

October 8, 2007 at 2:20 pm

the BBA PICS are raunchy oh! waaat

congrats to oluchi :o)

21. Woman

October 8, 2007 at 2:26 pm

Was it 22 bullets or 22 PELLETS? Let me ask o.

Great stories Bella.

22. Anonymous

October 8, 2007 at 2:31 pm

Agbani looks so sickly 🙁
    she should use concealer and eyeshadow more at least.

23. koshie

October 8, 2007 at 4:12 pm

oluchi is doing great. i must say chic is quite loaded however she seems pretty quite about it. good for her. could not her what agbani was saying. the words were not so clear but i certainly do get the point.

i guess our version of BB is more scandulous than the rest. we hide under the pretence of culure and conservatism but see how these kids with ragging hormones are kwaving try-homping, sandwiching etc on TV… i would probably kiss a few lads if i was on the show too ha…

that aside… how are you doing bella, i honestly luv your choice of colour for your blog.. its very sensual, aesthetically appealling fun and evil luv it.

24. bintifulgal

October 8, 2007 at 4:19 pm

Well done Bella.Great post as always.

Tuface is a robber magnet o.. is this not the 2nd time he’s had a close call with theives??

I wonder if it is a good idea for Oluchi to be buying property with the downturn in US real estate… and I wonder y d papers stereotype models and women as airheads…the babe is a naija girl now and afterall she is not paying cash down for the whole $2.7M property.

Agbani looks old… not just in this videos but in a lot of her photos.. y now? But she has a great screen presence even tho’ she was biting her tongue on some words with the fone (its okay.. I do d same thing when I talking to this americanas)… Y r pple hating on her accent now?? She is just trying to make herself understood and btw.. Ford is an American coy not British

25. Ugo Daniels

October 8, 2007 at 4:31 pm

As an EGEDE boy, 2face did what he had to do! ’nuff respect to him.

Word on the jungle is the culprits have been found and will receive adequate mending when the cock crows ’nuff said

26. CATWALQ a.k.a LAGBA-JESS

October 8, 2007 at 4:41 pm

o ga o

27. Mari

October 8, 2007 at 9:42 pm

Welcome back Bella!
    Gosh, Agbani doesn’t seem to look as alive as she did back in the days. She still is pretty though.
    Very sad story bout 2face. Thank God he’s alive.

28. Omo Alagbede

October 8, 2007 at 10:02 pm

hi BN,
    sent you an interview request a while back… perhaps it went into ur spam box…

omoalagbede (AT) yahoo.co.uk

29. Anonymous

October 8, 2007 at 11:40 pm

oh tuface my tuface.why did armed rubber attack you just like that.oh no my tuface 🙁

30. NIGERIA POLITRICKS

October 8, 2007 at 11:58 pm

I see peeps b hating on Darego model chick…Omo, y’all should chill out mehn. babe is hawt’…fone’ & all. now bite me! lol!!

31. Anonymous

October 9, 2007 at 2:48 am

funmianddikko.com

32. Olu

October 9, 2007 at 3:55 am

Y R ALL D HATERS ANONYMOUS.
    NEWAYS, THEY R DOING SOMETHING WITH THEIR LIVES, ANONYMOUS CAN LIKE TO DO THE SAME!
    OLUCHI, SMART WOMAN
    AGBANI, U GO GIRL!
    TUFACE, GET WELL SOON O!
    GOD BE WITH YOU!

33. STREETBRAND

October 9, 2007 at 5:57 am

Nice post once again. Glad Tuface is ok sha! Oh BTW, this business idea you’re brewing up, hope it’s a magazine ‘cos your blog is so good, I would pay for it!!!

Kofo @ STREETBRAND

34. Anonymous

October 9, 2007 at 6:32 am

I usually do not like it when people fone for no reason.
    Agbani put Naija on the map by being the first black (African) Miss World.She has appeared in a major cosmetics ad campaign,(which is like the Oscars of modeling)Nuff said.
    Her target audience is the World/North America, so if she has to pronounce some words differently, hey, make that paper.(I can not say the same for some people who almost stutter simply because they want to record something on the Snapvine voice player).
    She is not appearing on a Naija network show here,if she does that, then you can question her accent.
    As for the when did she go abroad questions, she has family in the UK who have kids (thank you Ovation!)Does it not make sense that she will pick up fone from them and everywhere else?
    When she was answering questions during the competition, she sounded like that. No, she should have borrowed a “conc” Naija accent just for you.Then the same people will complain about how ‘bush’ she is.
    She was still a growing chick when she won and a PH chick for that matter. As for the people complaining, what would you have her do? What would you do if you were in her shoes?
    If ordinary folks almost bite their tongues on Snapvine,what then would/should someone in the limelight do?

Joy, Toronto.

P.S. Taureanminx is IMHO one person who is real.

35. Anonymous

October 9, 2007 at 6:35 am

I wish Tuface “Soonest recover”, it will be well with him,…yadiyadiya

How soon can we expect someone to freestyle on one of his tracks about how “he got 22 pellets, he took it and smilled”?

36. demola

October 9, 2007 at 9:47 pm

atleast they did not kill him… i hear he is recovering quickly… Nice One Bella, you are alwayz on top of your game….

Oluchi is doing very well, I am proud of her…she was the 1st face of Africa right?

37. Anonymous

October 10, 2007 at 2:22 pm

na wa o! i dey jealous oluchi and agbani sha. but agbani, na wa o! dat accent na wire. Kudos to u for trying. it truly is a struggle out there to fit in. tuface you are blessed to everyone else peace out.

38. Daddy's

October 11, 2007 at 2:45 pm

Oluchi is doing so well – I am really proud of the girl – she has her feet firmly on the ground.

I wish TuFace a speedy recovery.

39. Anonymous

October 12, 2007 at 4:58 am

I can’t for the life of me believe that ANYONE is supporting Agbani’s “phonetics”. What nonsense! It sounded razz and if you sound like that you are RAZZ. How dare anyone say she has to speak like that to be understood. If you speak in a proper Nigerian accent you WILL be understood, try it sometime.

I am sick,sick, sick of Nigerians thinking that they have to practically bite their tongues to be understood. YOU SOUND FOOLISH AND LOOK STUPID. Learn to pronounce words properly and you’ll be fine in any accent. I won’t even go into the nonsense of her picking up her accent from her family member’s kids in jand…WTF! THe girl went to Uni of Portharcourt…geez!

By the way, IT IS NOT HATING TO GIVE CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISICM. The idiot that said we should use our real names should start by asking why Bella doesn’t use hers, IT IS THE FLIPPING INTERNET. Don’t be silly,who wants razz randoms like you who think that “accents” make you posh knowing our names! I’m fuming.

40. Lisa

October 13, 2007 at 8:40 pm

To Joy, from Toronbto

I don’t know how Agbani talking like that will help any americans understand her better, ‘cos that accent was effed!

Apart from that though, good on her for doing what she’s doing- and Oluchi too! I’m jealous!

41. Lisa

October 13, 2007 at 8:43 pm

And LOL to ‘Anonymous’ who posted before my first comment: you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

42. Anonymous

October 15, 2007 at 4:52 am

@Lisa, read my comment again, i did not say “Agbani talking like that will help any americans understand her better”, what i said is “Her target audience is the World/North America, so if she has to pronounce some words differently, hey, make that paper”
    I can only speculate on the whys.
    She is not playing, this is her career, and she seems to be doing well.Like it or not, she, amongst other Naijas abroad, help to improve our economy when she
    invests/sends money home.

@Fuming anon 4:58 AM,the bit about family abroad was tongue-in-cheek
    ,but you were too wound up to notice, my apologies. I hear Advil works wonders for PMS/PMT.

Joy, Toronto.

43. AMAKA

June 15, 2009 at 7:35 am

big brother nigeria is trash and is trying to force us africans to be promiscuous and slutty.
    we nigerians (africans) have culture and we dont go around like americans sleeping with everyone.
    well some people do but not all africans.
    naija 4 life!