Music

New Video: Naeto C Feat. Wande Coal – Asewo

BellaNaija.com

naeto_c-saNew video from MTV MAMA award winning artiste, Naeto C feat. Wande Coal. Its the vid for the single ‘Asewo‘. The song is one of the standout tracks on Naeto C’s debut album. Not just because of the catchy lyrics and smooth vocals but also the provocative title. The video was helmed by Tola Odunsi aka Bobby Boulders of Storm Records. Check on it.

1. Lil

April 22, 2009 at 5:55 am

i loved this song.. the video just messed it up for me. Not feeling it.

2. kay

April 22, 2009 at 8:33 am

This is HAAWWTT….but then what do u expect…naeto c and wande c…i will buy the single anyday..i love love it…really cool.

3. chilli

April 22, 2009 at 10:14 am

had the track as ma ringtone for months last year. i love the beat and the infusion of wande’s swag. caught the tail end of the vid last week on soundc and i thought it was cool. i heard sasha is naeto’s chic, true???

4. stanley

April 22, 2009 at 11:02 am

d song is correct n’ d vid will be fine. why d ban on 2 face’s enter d place n’ d’danj’s suddenly.

5. me

April 22, 2009 at 11:26 am

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. BubblyBliss

April 22, 2009 at 4:17 pm

Abt Sasha being Naeto’s chic…refer to the eligible bachelors post and you will get answers…hehehe

7. yiki

April 22, 2009 at 5:05 pm

saw this earlier on naijagal’s blog and am not feeling the song at all!!but i am sure after all the naijas around me have hammered the song i will start feeling it….me like me some Wande coal…

8. kem

April 22, 2009 at 5:22 pm

Isn’t that Gbemi Phillips dancing with Naeto? Nice video.

9. yup

April 22, 2009 at 6:26 pm

yup it sure is…

10. swit pincher

April 22, 2009 at 8:25 pm

No one does a video like Clarence Peters. I’m sorry. This video looks low-budget. And tacky. And the song…I like what it’s saying. The classic rhythm is also cool. It has a 90s feel.

11. koko

April 22, 2009 at 10:35 pm

Tacky video…..Naeto C looks and acts very foolish towards the end.Mschewwwwwwww

12. sassymiss

April 22, 2009 at 11:33 pm

I love the video…its silly but you get to see the “silly” side of Naeto C and its kinda cute! Love me Wande Coal

13. miss b

April 22, 2009 at 11:35 pm

14. Aribaba

April 23, 2009 at 4:03 am

Yeah i was disappointed by the video myself

15. Ginger

April 23, 2009 at 4:47 pm

My feelings are sooo hurt right now!! This is one of my favorite songs off his album but an soo mad at this video. After “kini big deal” am mad at this video.

Abeg o, forward ever, backward never!!!

16. kiki

April 28, 2009 at 5:57 am

this music video is nice but not the best….i still luv u naeto C

17. kennedy

April 28, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Nice one !

18. Nneka

April 30, 2009 at 6:24 am

i like the lyrics and all. the video is ok too, i think it’s laid back and sends the message across.

….Just because she’s on a music video doesn’t mean she’s an asewo ( a promiscious girl)…..don’t take it too seriously….she could be a doctor, banker, nurse or a plain ol’ independent lady just exploring some creative fun.

I just recently realized this dude is Kema Chikwe’s son,hmm…nice. I just looovvee Wande coal!

19. anon

April 30, 2009 at 11:23 pm

wotever happened 2 d ringtone video?

20. Bola

May 2, 2009 at 5:33 am

I actually think the video sends the message across quite nicely. Its simple, the chicks are highlighted, and Naeto-C is simply comfortable in his element

21. christian

May 17, 2009 at 11:42 pm

I don’t like this music video, or any others like it. As Nigerians, we need to STOP THIS DEGRADATION. As Ginger stated ‘forward ever, backwards never.’ All I saw was the artist casting girls to be ‘video vixens.’ NIGERIAN ARISTS NEED TO STOP COPYING AMERICA! Look at how broken up the black American community is over these things! Exploitation, rape, sleeping with artists/ rappers, STD’s, AIDS etc. Anyways, why would a college graduate audition for a rap video to become a prop, gyrating on a rapper, then a pole? What? For a few Naira? What was the point of an education anyways? Why not skip uni and go do that for a living? My point is that our parents/relatives (and ourselves) didn’t go through hell paying (and studying) for uni just to be a meaningless sex object in a video. Nigerian men also need to respect their women more. I hope in the coming years, videos like these will be obsolete and real Nigerian music will replace them!

22. Tracy Bryant