Music

New Video: Omawumi – Today Na Today

BellaNaija.com

Omawumi New VideoAbsolutely steaming HOT New Video from Omawumi! The video is for her single ‘Today Na Today‘ produced by Dokta Frabz. Cinematography by Kemi Adetiba for Dragonfly Productions. The video was shot in Lagos, Nigeria; also spotted Omawumi rocking some pieces by Nigerian designers including beads and bracelets from Ituen Basi’s Ankara and Beads collection.

For all your music scoop, visit NotJustOk

1. teris

October 15, 2009 at 1:04 pm

there is always something inherently 80’s-and-yvonne-chaka about Omawumi’s delivery. very colourful and makes her seem an old soul.

lively beats. i like.

2. ronami

October 15, 2009 at 1:24 pm

sweeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kemi Adetiba Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!….. the songs nice tooo

3. Tinto

October 15, 2009 at 4:33 pm

The song is beautiful, not too comfortable with the video tho. Omawunmi will go places!!!

4. glory edozien

October 15, 2009 at 7:58 pm

I totally agree with you. I most definately like!

5. tatafo!

October 15, 2009 at 9:30 pm

Very nice…I like! To anyone that thinks talent shows are unnecessary or overrated, Omawumni is living proof that they aren’t!
    ….and the video was shot in LAGOS, all those pple runnning to S.A in your face!

6. Nneka

October 15, 2009 at 9:34 pm

I watched it over again. Omawumi is really an entertainer. She holds my attention always. The video was really ok, the beat, voice on point. I really have nothing bad to say about this chic sorry 🙂
    In her trad outfit she reminds me of Christy Essien- Igbokwe; must be the energy they both radiate. Good luck girl!

7. Keyz

October 15, 2009 at 10:19 pm

Love the song,not sure about the video..

8. burramint

October 16, 2009 at 12:01 am

all the concepts in the video were so entertaining and so cool! and it was shot in Lagos! even better…love the song love the video she is really talented n looks like she is having tons of fun!

9. Mina

October 16, 2009 at 3:49 am

I love her, love the video and love the song. the only thing wrong i have to say is that the video doesn’t really interpret the message of the song, it should have shown more of what the song was about. But i love the video all the same and the fact that it was shot in nigeria even makes me love it more. Just next time please follow the message of the song when making a video.
    I’m about to watch it again…lol

10. KK

October 16, 2009 at 7:04 am

Omawumi will go places.
    She has the talent, the belief shines through and she has the charisma.
    When all the talentless dross occupying space in the industry have their say, people like have their way in the end.
    Not a big fan of the video but i am hugely impressed with the 3 singles she has pushed out so far.
    all the best to her.

11. optimist

October 16, 2009 at 8:20 am

Well done to the team on this one.i see they tried to bring something different to the table. Kemi Adetiba,Lola Maja,Bolajee Animashaun and Hauwa Mukan.

12. TY

October 16, 2009 at 8:41 am

i love thisssssss!!!!!!!!!!1

13. Moi

October 16, 2009 at 12:25 pm

I LOVE this song 🙂
    but what was the idea with the guy standing like standing fan while Omawumi was dancing around him?

14. silkywave

October 16, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. I love this song.. very… dancyyyyyyyyyy.. Goood job Omawumi

15. DG

October 16, 2009 at 10:34 pm

Omawumi is really talented, I’m so impressed by her voice and her natural ability to entertain. She’s simply a natural! I like some parts of this video better than others, but it was a good effort. A lot of great videos are being shot in Lagos these days – hope that continues and the people that keeping running off to SA for video shoots finally get a clue!

16. avari

October 17, 2009 at 5:43 am

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it…..my goosh i love it….

17. OlaoluwaTY

October 17, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Song and video are FANTASTIC! I love this girl

18. Obi-talker

October 17, 2009 at 11:38 pm

‘even if you be panel beater’…this unadultereted nigerianess. talent at its rawest. this girl has got the swagger. really impressed. so why can’t other videos be like this. Go girl, u rock!!!!!!!!

19. hilda

October 17, 2009 at 11:57 pm

Lovely…..i love it. I think pop works for her better, our african madonna. Bravo!

20. Anya

October 18, 2009 at 5:25 am

Good quality video and great song but now I have to explain to my non-Nigerian (Somalian-Italian) friend who frequents this site, why this lovely Nigerian song does not have a “typical” Tribal beat.

Generally, I like catchy tunes like these but I don’t like defending their inauthenticity for not being “original naija” or whatever.

21. babes

October 21, 2009 at 10:10 am

go girl, u sure do know wat time it is!

22. Tess

October 26, 2009 at 11:12 am

some one please tell me how to play this video, i cant find play anywhere
    plssssssssssss

23. Pingback: ‘Wonder Woman’ Omawumi ready to take over in November | Bella Naija