News

Nollywood Insider: In the midst of the storm, Monalisa Chinda celebrates her birthday

In the midst of her personal drama, Monalisa Chinda has carried herself with poise. Despite her highly publicized recent separation from her husband, Victor Olusegun Dejo-Richards and his numerous press interviews; Monalisa Chinda has held on to a dignified silence, instead focused on her acting career, her Glo endorsement and her daughter Tamar. The actress recently celebrated her birthday with friends, family and colleagues. Guests at her birthday party included Kalu Ikeagwu, Ufuoma Ejenobor, Zik Zulu Okafor, Omoni Oboli, Fred Amata, Desmond Elliot (with his twins) , Emem Isong, Bola Aduwo, Tricia Esiegbe, her uncle Mr Kool and of course her daughter Tamar.
Monalisa Chinda Birthday Bella Naija004Monalisa Chinda Birthday Bella Naija022Monalisa Chinda Birthday Bella Naija027[nggallery id=160]

To read more about the party, check out Bola Aduwo’s Blog – Whatsgwan

1. Noxolo

October 14, 2009 at 11:56 am

Well done Monalisa Everyody needs a break from all the drama sometimes

2. nelly

October 14, 2009 at 3:35 pm

kool, it’s always good to hang out with friends when the going gets tough…

3. tiana

October 14, 2009 at 7:06 pm

Very nice. Guess we all deserve a break sometimes. That lil girl look so much like Lisa so i presume that’s her daughter Tamar, she is so pretty. Desmond’s twin are also cute. They all look happy, i’m sure they had fun.

4. Juno

October 14, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Love her daughter’s name….happy she’s moving on with her life. Nothing like a celebration amongst friends and loved ones to remind us all that life is short and has to be lived…period! Happy Birthday ‘Lisa and good things and people keep blessing your space!

5. teary eyes

October 14, 2009 at 10:37 pm

So bellanaija flaunts breakups? Com’ on, that little girl needs her father as much as the mum. U guys dont hv a clue juxtaposed with what God knows-he designed marriage. It is a pity that the supposedly source of happiness has turned to be one of the highest causes of heartbreaks and all sorts of traumas & turmoils.
    Money (or lack of it) cant come the way of true love ! Most being will do anything for bucks. What a shame!

6. Yaffa

October 15, 2009 at 12:05 am

@ Miss Mini Me- Exactly my thoughts.Lol!

7. Miss Tell it Like it is

October 15, 2009 at 12:09 am

Did yall see Desmond Elliot his wife and his handsome twin boys. His wife is gorgeous, kinda reminds of Ramsey Nouahs wife. And Monalisa’s daughter is so adorable. She looks happy now that she out of her marriage, good for her, God has something better in store for her. She should throw a liberation party for her new found freedom from her abusive relationship. I wouldnt call her my favourite actress by Monalisa looks like ‘good people” and i am happy for her.

8. Miss Tell it Like it is

October 15, 2009 at 12:16 am

i love me some Ini Ikpe, she looks just like my sister. She looks great, me thinking she lost a tad bit of weight.

Bola i see you over there, I hope u know ya photo is over here on BN – and Emem, mmm Emem, you know you are like my best friend now that you made me happy with this Guilty Pleasure release. Long over due. Every one looks great. Once again monalisa daughter is such a cutie pie and looks so much like Monalisa, Tamar is a great biblical name,

9. Ink

October 15, 2009 at 3:13 am

I don’t think it’s flaunting. Everyone knows the gist so its just like acknowledging the elephant in the room before moving on to talk about the positive things she has going for her.

10. Ink

October 15, 2009 at 3:15 am

aww, desmond elliot has a cute family!

11. MiaJadore

October 15, 2009 at 6:06 am

Very interesting.

12. MiaJadore

October 15, 2009 at 6:17 am

Very interesting….. life must be good.

13. baby2sexy

October 15, 2009 at 7:02 am

hahaha…u na no go kill person for this bella naija…lol.na true tlk sha

14. Bola

October 15, 2009 at 2:01 pm

Thats not a nice thing to say about someone’s kids!! I think they are just very well fed.

15. MEME

October 15, 2009 at 9:10 pm

wow aunty ini, you look great i love the short on you, cant wait to see you in christmas. love you. Adiaha Obong

16. KK

October 16, 2009 at 7:01 am

what exactly is your point?
    so the lady should commit suicide?
    Have you taking a moment to imagine that it might not be her fault after all?
    I am a man and i firmly believe that any man who raises his hand against his wife has lost the case.Q.E.D.

17. tele

October 16, 2009 at 7:54 am

lets us pray that they both sort out their differences,God did not design marriage to be abusive or to be broken.let them go back to the author of marriage(GOD) and he will restore their home.pls let us not take sides but be objective,happy birthday girl,keep up the good work,

18. shanelle

October 16, 2009 at 9:57 am

could u pz describ me desmond’s wife ?????

19. eme

October 17, 2009 at 7:41 pm

could you please describe Desmon’s wife? you go girl! who say there is no life after divorce.

20. Ifeoma-adiagwuagwu

October 21, 2009 at 12:12 pm

Bella n crew, hi. Please I have a suggestion to make, and it is please could you feature Sylvester Madu, Tony Ezimada AKA Tony Goodman and Chikezie Uwazie on BellaNaija website. These are fantastic Nollywood actors that are very good in their acting abilities, be it action, romance, drama, name it. And they are mostly overlooked – for some reason. Maybe, ’cause they may not be involved in the Nollywood scene, being seen at all times. I don’t know that sha, just saying. Wow, I forgot to mention—nice pictures of Monalisa’s birthday party. Go on girl!!!

Thanks Bella and crew. 🙂

21. Miss Tell it Like it is

October 21, 2009 at 3:18 pm

there is an “Akan Proverb” that saids if it smells strong enough, people will smell it, right now “aint nobody smelling nothing” whether its a good or bad smell. No need to blow horns, if you give a great enough performance – ppl will notice you, if you dont – then you will be ignored – and being ignored is not for personal reasons. It just is, what it is.

Mention one memorable performance by these actors are in a memorable movie and we shall do our research and give our honest feedback (tell it like it is – no bars hold)

22. Miss Tell it Like it is

October 21, 2009 at 3:31 pm

In answer to all your question on Dessys wifey.

Desmonds wife is the one in black and white skirt (or is it a dress, i cant tell) either way the gorgeous one wearing that dress where the bottom part is black and white bold horizontal stripes. She is a dime – so gorgeous. Representing for all us black beauties. She reminds me of Ramsey Nouahs wife.

23. Ifeoma-adiagwuagwu

October 27, 2009 at 2:24 pm

Miss Tell It Like It Is, can I be honest with you. I’m not sure I get what you are telling me. Could you be specific, please. Would you be asking me a question or telling me what you know and understand? Or none of the above or afore mentioned. Is it possible for you to make ur statements or questions clearer. Would you be into Nollywood movies, I am talking about all of them, and not, with all due respect – specifics. Thanks for the statement, and I am not too sure that I understand you. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

24. chuks

November 27, 2009 at 6:49 pm

Its sad when young folk break up and lose the ability to be dignified. Lets hope for the childrens sake they sort this out.

http://afrika.am/ | Watch Nollywood movies now!