News

BN Exclusive: Behind the Scenes at Banky W’s ‘Lagos Party’ Video Shoot

BellaNaija.com

Banky W Lagos Party Bella Naija20139 They don’t call him Mr. Capable for nothing! Banky W has been showing his proverbial muscle over the last few weeks. Not only has his single “Strong Ting” been heating up the radio charts, the video for the song has been on the number 1 spot on SoundCity premium channel for two weeks running, Number 1 on Nigezie and the video also hit the coveted number 1 shot on MTV Base African countdown.

Now Mr. W is breaking even more new ground, on the 30th of October 2009 at the Lagoon Crest in Lekki, he shot the video for his hit single “Lagos Party”. The video was shot by Kemi Adetiba and featured an unprecedented mix of celebrities and media personalities including Omawumi, MI, Eldee, Matthew Mensah, Eunice Omole, Noble Igwe, Segun Demuren, L’Ami, Kel, Jesse Jagz, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Kaffy, Teju Babyface, 2Shotz and many others. Its great to see everyone coming out to support their colleague, Banky! Shows that despite all the random ‘beefs’; Kelly Hansome vs. Mo Hits; Terry G vs AY.com etc… there is still lots of love and camaraderie in the industry.
Here are some pictures from the shoot.
Banky W’s new album, The W Experience will be out soon!

Getting the 'Lagos Party' started with Peter and Paul of P-Square

Kaffy

Dancer, Kaffy

Ebuka

Ebuka

Elite Model Look Nigeria Winner 2009, Annette Begg

Elite Model Look Nigeria Winner 2009, Annette Begg

Its a wrap....can't wait to see the video!

It's a wrap....can't wait to see the video!

The full ‘Lagos Party’ photo album

[slideshow id=177]

1. Baba T

November 16, 2009 at 7:00 pm

Oooh boiiiiiiiiiii, Aint No party like a Lagos party!!

2. Honeypot

November 16, 2009 at 8:26 pm

Hmm, Bella has anyone opened up any Alcoholics Anonymous NGO in Naija yet? I seriously believe one will be needed soon. Anyway, Banky is looking cute as usual, liked his Strong T’ing video I hope this turns out nice as well. Is it me or is MI gaining weight? He should watch the fat and booze because his type of physique is best with a trim body.

3. wienna

November 17, 2009 at 12:17 am

Dammit…Matthew Mensah is one fine, sexy brother. Even though he looks like a real playa. lol

4. Ibo Omoge

November 17, 2009 at 12:24 am

Ok, this Matthew Mensah guy must really be a socialite. He seems to be at every party.

5. sweetie

November 17, 2009 at 12:58 am

hmmn abeg let them do and release this video, cant wait to feast my eyes!!!!!!!

6. cheung

November 17, 2009 at 1:35 am

Okay … all this photos look great , but banky’s stylist should know, that u cant pull that swag with a ready tied bow tie, u need a self tie bow tie to do it, fashion sin.. RE- the first photo……. lol nice photo tho he needs to employ me just kidding

7. Mark

November 17, 2009 at 1:37 am

Could someone tell me warra hell Nobel Igwe does for a living? For real please!!!

8. Yemisi

November 17, 2009 at 1:45 am

ohhhhh, can’t wait for this video…loved strong ting!!

9. bubbles

November 17, 2009 at 2:20 am

expecting the best!!!…cant wait for the video to be released…

10. Rimzy

November 17, 2009 at 5:18 am

What is up with two shotz wearing body huggin pink shirts and naija boyz with Fauxhawks come out of the damn closet already….Sanfranciso is waiting

11. canigetsomeintelligenceinhere

November 17, 2009 at 8:49 am

My thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!

12. Bemused

November 17, 2009 at 9:56 am

SABI SABI..LOL u must be a fitness expert! clap for your self

13. notsospecial

November 17, 2009 at 11:00 am

OOOO, I LOVE BANKY……………………..HE’S HOT HOT HOT

14. Ify

November 17, 2009 at 12:39 pm

Noble Igwe follows celebrities around for a living

15. beauomotodun

November 17, 2009 at 1:00 pm

always thot d same he seems to be eveywhere;but cant wait 4 d video to come out I LOVE BANKYYYYY

16. PetiteandSweet

November 17, 2009 at 1:30 pm

Can’t wait to see the video. Looks like it’s gonna to be really hot, Banky is too fine, and he seems so down to earth and nice.. his last video was amazing, he should get loads of awards for it. I heard Lola Maja flew over to do the makeup.. I love her work!!

17. Proudly_Naija

November 17, 2009 at 2:12 pm

Mens fashion is gay right now (especially in Jand where I guess a lot of these guys shop) and lots of straight men are wearing what fashion dictiates. It takes more than clothes these days to know who is gay, in the closet etc

18. Uzo

November 17, 2009 at 9:01 pm

Segunnnnnnnnnnn. Nicely done. Cant wait to see the video.

19. fre

November 17, 2009 at 9:06 pm

ok, every1 seems 2 be screaming my thots(Noble Igwe). plus naij seems 2 b breeding their own crop of paris hilton, kim kardashian, …………….every1 z so fake now.
    neways love strong ting(song n video), like Bankole Wellington. tryna sound personal, lol

20. deji

November 17, 2009 at 9:14 pm

Yes….the same team as OMAWUMIS today na today video shot this…
    Kemi Adetiba, Hauwa Mukan, Bolajee Animashaun and Lola Maja.
    Lets see if this measures up to strong ting

21. Damilola

November 18, 2009 at 1:50 am

Looks like this video is going to be nice. Although the first thing I thought when I saw the pictures was the Elite Model isn’t very Nigerian-shaped :-). Still cute tho’

22. itk

November 18, 2009 at 3:04 am

men, i am sooooo glad somebody else said it. that ish is tragic… doing that with a clip on just looks so incredibly stupid… and it’s so damn distracting… I couldnt even concentrate on the rest of the pics- lol!

23. annonymous

November 18, 2009 at 3:22 am

who is he sef? he looks very familiar but i sure haven’t seen him in any movie.

24. annonymous

November 18, 2009 at 3:25 am

lmao…stop hating, the fauxhawks looks good on some of them.

25. annonymous

November 18, 2009 at 3:37 am

this ebuka with his huge head shd go and sleep jare…fake ass celeb.

26. annonymous

November 18, 2009 at 3:40 am

Lmfao…OMG I can’t stop laughing at 2shorts..wtf was he thinking weraing that tight ass shirt? he looks bloated almost like a toad..lol..forgive me y’all, just had to say that.

27. annonymous

November 18, 2009 at 3:43 am

dem no get flat or curling iron for naija? wat’s up with that L’ami’s hair?

28. mayowalulu

November 18, 2009 at 4:05 am

BANKY UR SOOO HAWTT!!!

29. temi

November 18, 2009 at 7:21 am

Pls oh..me too I wanna know what the Noble Igwe guy does for a living??? He always appears to be “tachting”

30. kamal bhadmus

November 18, 2009 at 8:40 am

no be small thing banky….im watching live in france

31. me

November 18, 2009 at 8:50 am

nawa 4 naij pple o! he does P.R. nawa 4 una sha! let noble be noble okay so hez a bit cocky let hm be abeg!

32. dee

November 18, 2009 at 9:32 am

lol…i agree!!!

hello my name is (Lagosian) and I am an alcoholic!…

33. Tolu

November 18, 2009 at 10:48 am

ol dis pics r really nice! cant wait for d video!!!!!!

34. Razz

November 18, 2009 at 1:43 pm

I hear Noble works for an ad agency and is also an artiste promoter for Banky and MI. That should make him hang around celebrities a lot i guess.
    If only some of these comments were made to seem like questions and not hating!
    Meanwhile, i agree with the Banky bowtie point. It should be knotted.
    Who’s the hottie in black beside Ebuka?

35. diva

November 18, 2009 at 2:29 pm

naija female celebs should pls watch their weight. just look at kel. she looks so old already. i love her music. but pls pls pls n pls. i cant look at all ds fat. this is an industry that is obsessed with d way u look. finish

36. Licious

November 18, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Biko can someone explain to me what is on Kel’s head? This hoody/dress movement is not the P.

37. D'Gold

November 18, 2009 at 5:13 pm

I THINKS HE IS CAPABLE THAT WHY HE CALLS HIMSELF MR……, FROM THE FIRST DAY I NO IS BLUIZ WHERE OKAY BEFORE WHEN I SING HIS SONGS LIKE “DO LIKE THIS” “WORK U OUT” “TILL MY DYING DAY” BUT NOW THEY NO THEM AND IF I SING “LONG TIME ” NOW DEY GO SAY IS THAT NOT BANKY AND I ANSWER THEM BY SAYING IS “EME SINGS” I LOVE HIM AND EMPIRE MATE I FEEL AND TO WIZKID..LASTLY JUST DO SOME GOOD VIDEO’S MORE AS YOU DO IN UR FIRST ALBUM COS THIS PROMOTE AN ARTIST BOTH LOCAL AND INTERNATIONL

38. bookie

November 18, 2009 at 6:27 pm

who’s that chic in pink beside banky?

39. lols

November 19, 2009 at 1:12 am

fashion is changing n she looks good

40. lols

November 19, 2009 at 1:17 am

abi oh naija ppl are hatters, following celebs around is still work now, even though we know he doesnt do that!

41. lols

November 19, 2009 at 1:24 am

You dont have to be straight or gay to know that self tie bows are used for this kinda pics
    most ppl in naija are fashion victims… its like the footless tights and leggings pandemic, they wer it with anything!!!! crazzy sturves men .. they need to be schooled 🙂

42. lols

November 19, 2009 at 1:28 am

lets get this straight, ppl have better things to worry about that hating on his bow tie! theres a difference… they make tied bowties and self tie ones for a reason!!!!

43. KK

November 19, 2009 at 3:33 am

2nded. the guy seems to be getting too stocky.
    too much parting it seems.

44. KK

November 19, 2009 at 3:34 am

partying i meant.

45. KK

November 19, 2009 at 3:37 am

i just hope Banky will not attempt to dance in this video.

46. duchess419

November 19, 2009 at 8:48 am

Banky is so hotttttttttttttt, chineke!! eeeeiiiii!!. WE thank God for you mama and papa sha.. job well done. Wonder who and what kind of woman he dey marry o. He is toooo much

47. Jimmy Chooly

November 19, 2009 at 12:11 pm

Lola Maja..lives in Dolphin matey

48. j3nif4

November 19, 2009 at 6:21 pm

what’s with Ebuka these days???? Kel should watch her weight, we don’t want a female looking Wande coal o!(*wink wink*). Then BN it’s LAGOON crest not FALCON crest.

49. adeola

November 19, 2009 at 10:32 pm

i think its very rude to comment about people’s sizes or weight !!! some people have issues with their weight , do not make it worse !!! what if igwe follows people around ? he aint standing on your head ……quit hating please !

50. commy

November 20, 2009 at 1:41 am

wot’s wit u and kel’s weight?abeg leav the girl.if u no like am no mean say na bad thing.if u see fat u go fit talk?

51. PetiteandSweet

November 24, 2009 at 2:05 pm

HAHA.. Don’t know which Lola Maja you’re talking about Jimmy? This one lives in London & Maryland. I’m hoping to do training with her next year either here in the UK or when I come back home. Thanks Deji, I didn’t know it was the same team! I really liked the styling they’ve done with Kel. It looks like an Obsidian dress but i’m not sure. She has a gold hooded dress that kind of looks the same. Either way, can’t wait for the video, Banky’s one of my favourites!

52. tintin

December 3, 2009 at 11:48 pm

the girl in pink is my cousin. lol, but seriously

53. PET

March 22, 2010 at 10:12 am

We get, i wld have said there was no power supply but no, i think it was while she was flying across 3rd mainland bridge in a hurry to meet up! lol