News

Banky W’s Provocative ‘Soundcity Blast’ cover

BellaNaija.com

The new issue of music magazine, Soundcity Blast is out now and it has Mr. Capable – Banky W on the cover. Banky W’s new album “The W Experience” is presently burning up the music charts and from this cover, it is clear he is trying to garner even more buzz for the project.
With a photo of Mr. W holding on to a pair of legs and the caption “Banky W wants to get you off”, the intent of this was definitely to provoke a reaction. So what do you think?
Banky W soundcity blast

1. judge_JUDY

December 28, 2009 at 8:23 pm

As for me and my household,there is nothing wrong with this picture,i can’t see any nudity or inappropriate thing here,but I know some naija people can ban this mag sha ………….

2. sweetie

December 28, 2009 at 8:58 pm

pls there are worse things than this abeg!! nigerians can like to pretend sha …. Mr Capable show them wat u are “capable” of jaare!!!

3. Kemchi

December 28, 2009 at 9:07 pm

Gbam! Abeg jare ain’t nuthin’ wrong wit d pisho.

4. buffy

December 28, 2009 at 9:16 pm

lmao…mayb he’s rily a passin msg wv d pic,mayb she’s his galfrnd and he wnts to get “gals” off,cz other than dt, d pics isnt provocative to me in all sense &wonda y pips feel so.**tshew

5. buffy

December 28, 2009 at 9:25 pm

lmao…mayb he’s rily passin a msg,mayb she’s his galfrnd and wnts oda “gals” to stay off..LOL,cz other than dt ds pics is nt provocative to me atall and wonda y sum pips fil so..tshew.

6. ajiri avae

December 28, 2009 at 11:03 pm

what is so provocative about the picture. when i saw the headline, my imagination started running wild.

7. angelica

December 29, 2009 at 1:31 am

lmaaooooo @ some pple, oh well I LOVE IT THO, i actually wish those were my legs lol …….. sexy sumtin 😉 …GO BANKY!

8. Dith-H-P

December 29, 2009 at 5:54 am

Not provocative at all to me in any sense. If that’s what he was going for, then my lovely Mr Capable need try again!

9. feminist

December 29, 2009 at 6:32 am

Clap for yourself!!! You are definitely modern!

My opinion? Provocative for sure but why do women continuously remain objects of male musicians?

10. feminist

December 29, 2009 at 6:39 am

what is he capable of???? Clearly from the picture,…

11. Coco

December 29, 2009 at 10:21 am

Nothing provocative about this…thumbs up for effort tho’, but the least they could have done here was to give the female model a nice manicure!

12. societe

December 29, 2009 at 10:54 am

lol…
    Banky doesn’t look happy…
    was there sth smelling LMAO

13. darealmccoy

December 29, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Banky, whatever look you were aiming for…YOU MISSED!!!

14. sweetie

December 29, 2009 at 12:31 pm

just wait, u will soon know u hear….

15. sweetie

December 29, 2009 at 12:32 pm

better female than male

16. sweetie

December 29, 2009 at 12:33 pm

nothing do u Kemchi 🙂

17. bcgeorge

December 29, 2009 at 2:20 pm

aint nuffin provocative in here…mayb wt his head rotated 360 degree…den we fit call police…[email protected] feminist and sweetie….women wil alwyz remain material tins in d showbiz world…av u bin to any video shoot or behind d stage…..u wont argue wt mi….praaaaaaa

18. Muna

December 29, 2009 at 7:09 pm

maybe he was just trying to ‘pull our legs…wide apart’!

19. KK

December 29, 2009 at 10:06 pm

because they chose to.
    Does that girl look like she was coerced or forced?
    Women are their own worst enemies.
    Some girls will even be willing to do it for free.

20. olas

December 29, 2009 at 10:25 pm

absolutely nofin wrong wit d pic. absolutely. i was really xpectin som darty stuff… fwi mr. capable jor

21. bukola

December 30, 2009 at 8:34 am

this cover is highly unnecessary

lol @ Muna

22. FLYGERIAN$

December 30, 2009 at 9:48 am

Abeg Banky,
    You and this hat,
    It done do ah.
    Im tired of it ( I hope I am not the only one…)
    switch up your style,upgrade your swagga,whatever, just commot this useless thing you always dey put for your head.

23. Nneka

December 30, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Hmm. those are some skinny a** legs, maybe a little too skinny.

24. helen akinbamiyorin

December 30, 2009 at 4:04 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i like d babes shoe and to mr capable u rock!

25. blackrose

December 30, 2009 at 8:17 pm

Preach! the beard should go too, abeg. Craig David was a decade ago.

26. Ifenneoma

December 31, 2009 at 11:21 am

Biko nu, Banky Wellington as i remember started with suit and clean shaven head more like LL cool J style. Now, ‘ama ro zi m ife o cho lu i me’. Biko, some one shld just ask him politely to stick to that look, and forget about the hat thing as he has a large skull that could do without kangol for now. Better still fedora or nothing at all. Banky, please listen. You are even lucky fans love you enough to comment for your music career betterment. Anyway sha, my brother, na u sabi. true.

27. lordhost

January 1, 2010 at 7:02 am

i got no comment this is all entertainment so guys just cool…….

28. Gbogbobigzboys

January 1, 2010 at 7:09 am

I no guys who’ll do it if women want to retire ooo.. The studed shoes she’s wearing looks a lil more ** sef.

29. Da-Me

January 1, 2010 at 10:18 pm

cn’t really mak any sense out of the picture. I think Banky wil do himself a whole lot of gud by just payin attention to doin gud music and stop courtin controversy and any unnecessary scandal. lol!

30. j3nif4

January 2, 2010 at 10:20 pm

what’s so provocative??? he should take a cue from his counterparts abroad. This is amateur…hehehehehe!!! just messing around jo!

31. Mark

January 3, 2010 at 7:14 am

You diasporean haterz should go and sit in the tualet… You all need to see shrinks really

32. NANCY

January 3, 2010 at 6:33 pm

which kin yeye unfed chicken leg be dis one sef……hahahaha.muna sef!she swear say she be am sha…..c’mon gerrout!i no go lie ,i love mr w sha.

33. Gam

January 4, 2010 at 1:07 am

The cover makes no sense, at least some class would have done it a whole lot of good

34. K

January 4, 2010 at 8:20 pm

They could have at least got a chick with nice hands…..her hands are jacked up forreal..lol.

35. brave

January 6, 2010 at 10:49 am

well,i think Mr Banky forgot one thing:this is africa nd not USA.someone should pls remind him of our values………….i mean the picture doesn’t make any sense and it’s very offensive considering the number of impressionable youths out there loving his song.but since Mr.BaldU is seeking attention in wateva form(controversy inclusive) then,i’ll leave him 2 continue his ill-advised search for fans attention………the picture makes me want 2 puke!

36. kay...

January 8, 2010 at 8:52 pm

Why una dey vex…is it ur body?? pls people should stop dis preaching bull**** if u’re beta than him stand up. how many ‘role models’ are writing here… pls pls pls, he’s an adult with a right to express himself as he chooses, if people r looking for who to attack face house of assembly or something else… stop d freaking hypocrisy…ah ah!

37. eggone

January 8, 2010 at 10:58 pm

and what exactly are these african values? is there some law against this? i really don’t get you guys sha

38. F'010

January 13, 2010 at 5:50 pm

The guy is fyne sha, the babes legs……………..errrrrmm too skinny, aint nutin wrong with the picture jo, sum ppl too pretend!

39. Oluwaseun

January 14, 2010 at 1:25 am

this picture is just gross! women! why do we stoop so low at times?

40. duchess419

January 14, 2010 at 12:00 pm

LoL @ K a& Nancy, but personally I love Banky W, Mr Capable and clearly he capable of getting her/you off. Guys the guy is an artist abeg, why do you have to go and take this as a moral issue, its a picture and he is expressing himself in the choice that he is an artist and in their business SEX sells..personal i no dey vex o but i am amazed at all you huffing and puffing up in here, careful o, you no dey give yourselves high blood. LOL. but the legs are not so hot, coulda asked me id have borrowed him mine..KIDDING. ( before i get all your wrath).. he is a talented artist and i think he is young and still expressing himself, lets not analyse all this its so unncessary, my own o!!

41. kay

January 14, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Pls Pls… who’s dis seun person…’ve u checked the meaning of the word gross lately. this picture doesn’e quite capture that definition. if u dont like it sign out…’gross’ indeed…wat is the stooping low about… women fornicate all d time but just cos its not on a mag cover no one questions that so pls if u want to take up moral issues start ur own blog or something cos there’sll be soooo much for u to take on.

42. Oluwaseun

January 14, 2010 at 7:24 pm

excuse me kay, i am entitled to my opinion and that i just expressed and u have to live with that. it might not go down well with you but its still my right to express myself the way i want and last time i checked, that wasn’t illegal or inconviniencing anyone in any way.
    and yeah, that picture is gross, in fact irritating. that is still my opinion!.
    it’s disrespectul to say “pls pls who is this seun person”. i dont have to sign out cos the picture by you. i also would not tell u sign out of this page cos your comments are offensive to me. well all have rights to comment on this page and have no right to tell anyone to sign out. the most you can do is to disagree with someone’s comments and that can be done politely.
    now to my point of women stooping so low, i am a woman and so i very much know wat i am talking about. i admit that women fornicate all the time but so do men. im have reservations about the picture because the same lady in that picture would later turn one day and accusse a man of sexual harassment. she represents the woman that cheapens herself and later demands for respect from men, she represents the woman who would sexaully harass her male collegaues at work and still demand for equality in the boardroom. that is why women’s fight for respect and equality is yielding little or no returns.
    but all these still represent my opinion and im entitled to express them.
    and if i want to start a blog, i know just how to go about that. i dont need you telling me that.
    i guess you would love your sister or daughter exposing herself to the whole world on the cover of a mag.
    i also guess you would gladly take as wife a woman who has shown all that’s on her body to the whole world. good luck to you

43. `Kay

January 14, 2010 at 11:46 pm

@ Oluwaseun…yeah i’m guessing right now u think i’m gonna attack again, but no. this is a well deserved apology to u. I merely reacted cos all too often i’ve seen hypocrites blab with no substance to their arguments…I totally agree wit u and i would have, had u explained wat u just did. Thanks for letting us all see things differently. of course we may argue differently, but it would be stupid of me to deny u the substance of ur argument, u definitely make sense and approached courteously despite ur irritation… so my apologies are offered once again…ciao!

44. Jen

January 15, 2010 at 7:46 am

Ditto, I agree.

45. Oluwaseun

January 15, 2010 at 2:20 pm

u welcome. apologies accepted

46. FARIDA

April 5, 2010 at 11:00 am

KAY I AGREE WITH YOU .IF NA 50CENT POSE THE SAME WAY FOR MAGAZINE AND THE WOMAN LEG TO DEY WRAPPED ROUND EM NECK. FELLOW NAIJA`S GO BUY AM. AT LEAST BANKY WEAR CLOTH SEF ABEG MAKE THEM FREE THE GUY TO EXPRESS HIMSELF. HOW HE FEEL .HE IS AN RAND B ARTIST.IF A WOMAN DECIDES TO SHOW HER BODY WHATEVER PART I THINK ITS HER CHOICE AND IF SHE DECIDES TO BE SOMEBODIES WIFE IN FUTURE SHE SHUD BE READY TO FACE THE CONSEQUENCES.PERSONALLY AS A WOMAN I DO NOT SEE ANYTHING WRONG ON THE MAG COVER .I THINK ITS CREATIVE AND LIKE HIS NAME SAYS HE IS MR CAPABLE SO HE IS THE ONLY ONE CAPABLE TO EXHIBIT THIS CHARACTER

47. Creative Recreation

June 25, 2010 at 8:52 am

I hope everyone who visitis your blog has a good time here as much as I do.

48. buzz

August 19, 2010 at 11:38 pm

it is indeed provocative wat a bullshit