News

ARISE Magazine African Fashion Collective III – Deola Sagoe Fall 2010

Ijeoma Balogun

Nigerian Designer, Deola Sagoe also showcased her Fall/Winter 2010 collection at the ARISE Magazine Africa Collective III runway.

Deola Sagoe in this collection combines the fierce cuts of military inspired garments with a feel for texture. Opting for a dark palette, the collection features military styled jackets paired with structured shoulders with metallic, gold button and cord details.

The solid pieces in this collection are combined with the feminine allure for texture with embroidery details, applique, tassels and the sex appeal of delicate lace fabrics.

The pieces in this collection are strong and chic.  The successful execution of this collection lies Deola Sagoe’s ability to create garments which exude masculinity but with the overriding sense of female sexuality.

dd

Arise+Magazine+African+Collective+Runway+Fall+qv5MKgAjBTll

Arise+Magazine+African+Collective+Runway+Fall+qv5MKgAjBTll

deola sagoe falll 2010

Photo credit: Zimbio & Bennett Raglin

1. Amebo

February 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm

i love! love!! love!!!this to death … this lady is so freaking talented … she is my role model

2. sweetie

February 14, 2010 at 9:16 pm

God, deola looks sooooo hot,i mean with how many kids , chei i want my body to look this toned when i get to her age o!

3. mary

February 14, 2010 at 11:41 pm

i am so disappointed in deola collection,
    colours are poor,
    the models look like the people in star terk
    i think olchi should stop modeling for arise show very old face now
    black coffee is the best well put togother

4. mary

February 15, 2010 at 12:15 am

i think you right they some thing about the collection that is not right

5. fokasibe

February 15, 2010 at 7:23 am

Wow…Deola certainly looks hawt but I’m not über impressed with her collezioni….

6. dubaisands

February 15, 2010 at 7:24 am

oh whaoooo!! I want all the outfits.. see CREATIVITY OOOO. There are Couture designers and there are tailors!! Standing Ovation for this woman. Awesome collection. Awesome woman.

7. aosgrl

February 15, 2010 at 7:42 am

Second and third pieces from the top are my favorite. There were a couple of items that looked lopsided. But other than that, i like.

8. beezy

February 15, 2010 at 9:04 am

If y’all going be criticizing people, the least u could do is write correct grammar….
    Btw, 1st comment by MARY…. reply by MARY again….hmmmm…

9. Gam

February 15, 2010 at 9:21 am

The white dress for me!

10. duchess419

February 15, 2010 at 10:17 am

I loved the punk rock black pieaces, nice the rest mmmm, not for me, but they guess that is why am not in fashion o. But all are well and very creative, at times I feel these designers have to go wierd to get the buzz they need, but true simple wearable and classy style are for me, where is Tiffany Amber o? ehn…

11. duchess419

February 15, 2010 at 10:17 am

I loved the punk rock black pieaces, nice the rest mmmm, not for me, but they guess that is why am not in fashion o. But all are well and very creative, at times I feel these designers have to go wierd to get the buzz they need, but true simple wearable and classy style are for me, where is Tiffany Amber o? eh he…

12. kelly

February 15, 2010 at 12:29 pm

i think people have right to say how they feel about any thing, well this collection from deola is not for me,

13. mazi

February 15, 2010 at 3:38 pm

deola nice to see u back but this collection is not doing for me,i agree with mary the colours are not right

14. beezy

February 15, 2010 at 6:39 pm

people definately have the right to say how they feel…. but at least write it correctly, so that whoever is reading would get what you’re trying to say….
    surely, that’s not too hard to do..is it???….

15. joe

February 15, 2010 at 10:32 pm

you very right….. this is not her best collection….the styles are very row

16. Nneka

February 16, 2010 at 3:20 am

Deola is looking gorg. here! Oh boy those legs of hers…..

17. Rayo

February 16, 2010 at 3:31 am

I was at the show, and i know for a fact that most people favored her designs… it might not be her best, but it was the best collection at the show… check this link out for short vids of the show http://indigenouscouture.blogspot.com/2010/02/ny-fashion-week-fall-10-arise-show.html

18. Terence Sambo

February 16, 2010 at 11:03 pm

oh dat first image…..Love love love. Not an exactly brilliant collection but i love d cuts and d vibe. It gives me dis shabby chic, decaying grandeur vibe popularised by Gaga and Riri :o]

19. boogsy

February 17, 2010 at 1:00 am

………………………………………………………………………blah

20. Bola #1

February 17, 2010 at 2:50 am

3rd and 4th pic- fab

21. Morewa

February 19, 2010 at 4:21 pm

I love Deola.

A friend of mine just showed me this new blog she discovered. It’s apparently Nigerian. And, it mentions Deola Sagoe.

I think it has good prospects.. May give Bellanaija a run for it’s money! Lol.

22. ThePoet

March 10, 2010 at 2:15 am

I like Deola’s line, like it, not love it. Some of it is a little jarring to me (can’t stand cut up leggings amongst other things), but you can see consistency throughout the line. I still can’t for the life of me understand why Nigerian designers have fall/spring/summer/winter collections, last I checked we have dry and rainy season in Nigeria. That’s why you’ll see some poor lady sweating her kitty out in thick fur saying it’s from a “winter collection”.

23. kay

May 1, 2010 at 11:00 am

Without a shadow of doubt, she’s definitely Naija’s Finest Desigher…The collection actually looks like a ‘Collection’ not just some random pull of clothes together…n she’s totally HOT herself…big upps lady D…

24. david

May 6, 2010 at 10:36 am

Deola Sagoe Rocks!!!

25. grace

July 22, 2010 at 6:56 pm

well, im very impressed with the designs.she really is an inspiration to me.
    good use of styles, though some of them are not it for me, but she is the bomb!!. nobody is perfect but i feel your swag. GO D!!

26. Ally

August 13, 2010 at 5:27 pm

The Poet, most of these collection are the international market, that’s why they have the winter, spring, summer and fall collection.

27. Aisha

September 14, 2010 at 1:38 am

Deola Sagoe is both a personal friend and one the greatest designers in the world…but not very impressed by this collection either. On a second note, these arent excellent pictures either, however, as always, on a closer look, you see the painstaking details on every outfit. KUDOS DEOLA.

28. Ioron patience

September 21, 2011 at 1:37 am

I’d lyk 2 model 4 u,iam 5ft,8inch,statistics:34,28,36.08067719223.