News

A Dream Come True! I’m on the OPRAH Show Today

BellaNaija.com

At the beginning of the year, I was having a conversation with my best friend – we were discussing our aspirations for the year and beyond. I can’t remember the specifics of the earlier part of the conversation but I remember the end. I said something along the lines of “…I really want to be on Oprah!…that’s the ultimate” I remember him saying “Well, you better hurry up because she is retiring her show next year”. So the conversation ended and life went on.

About 2 weeks ago, my friend Molly called. The Oprah team was doing a show on “Beauty Around the World” and she thought I could do something on it. So that was how the whirlwind began. Emails were exchanged, information on Bella Naija, photos were sent, Skype sessions were arranged and so many other things went on. All through this time, I couldn’t talk about it.

Finally, I taped a segment for the Oprah show and on the day, I joined the show via Skype. It was an absolutely surreal yet thrilling experience. I experienced the show being taped live via Skype. Oprah is so charismatic and phenomenal. It is so clear why she is successful. There is no doubt that this is what she was born to do! I am also so honored to have been chosen out of thousands of people to be featured and to speak to O herself!

The show’s theme is “Beauty Around the World” but it’s so much deeper than that. It covers themes of body image and many other things. Jessica Simpson was on the show and she discussed the press scrutiny as per her weight etc…I was never a big fan of Jessica but I connected with her a bit more after seeing her on the show. Lisa Ling taped a segment for Oprah in Asia and finally joined the show via Skype – she discussed the shift in beauty trends and perceptions in China. Throughout the show, there were short clips sent in by various Oprah fans all around the world talking about the beauty secrets and traditions in their countries.

Finally, our segment – I talked about how beauty goes along with brains in Nigeria – as in – a woman should be educated and driven, I talked about Ankara, aso-ebi, the shift in body image, healthy eating, current beauty trends (Brazilian hair, Indian hair etc..LOL) some parts of the segment have to be edited so not sure what will be shown – I was too excited to take note! I then chatted with Oprah on Skype. Her main question was about women’s body image in Nigeria.

I am so grateful for this experience. It’s so hard for me to write anything personal because that is just not me. However, I really hope this encourages any and everyone because no dream or aspiration is beyond actualization. I strongly believe in speaking positive things. I always tell myself “From our lips to God’s ears”.

It’s been a whirlwind! Thank you to everyone who helped me with this! Molade Adejuyigbe (Love u), PJ, the Oprah team, Bola Balogun (you totally rock!), Lanre Tyson (Awesome!), Bimpe Ogunmakin, Colossal, Folake Folarin-Coker and the Tiffany Amber team (the dress I wore for the video and the jacket in my Skype chat are by Tiffany Amber), Vlisco, my mum, dad and sisters, my best friend – BP, my friends, Charles Anudu and the SWIFT Networks team, our BN team, readers and everyone else. God Bless you!

Have a great day everyone and if you are in the United States and Canada, watch Oprah today and let us know what you think!!!

So we attempted to move servers and they wiped out 5 days of photos, comments and updates. I should be upset but…guess what? They can’t steal my joy!

xx

Uche

Screen Caps

Oprah Uche Eze Bella Naija Screencaps
Thanks to ShopLiquorice, Olamild Ent, FashionAfrica & LadyBrille for their posts!

1. chika

March 3, 2010 at 4:44 pm

I am happy for you!

2. Banke Oladimeji

March 3, 2010 at 4:58 pm

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Os.

March 3, 2010 at 5:11 pm

“From our lips to God’s ears” – Amen! Great News!! Many Congratulations!!!

4. Jummy

March 3, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Congratulations! I’m so very excited for you and I will definitely try to catch this show this evening.

5. individual

March 3, 2010 at 5:14 pm

U make us proud. really u do!

6. Dewunmi

March 3, 2010 at 5:22 pm

I just watched the show. Well done! I didn’t know about the fresh fish trend though 🙂

7. Kubi

March 3, 2010 at 5:26 pm

My o my! I’m so happy for u even though it wasn’t me on there…U doing good, n yeah i agree bout the pages wiping out, that explains a lot cos i’d been pissed by my comments on some features just disappearing…Pls hurry wit the upgrade n keep all ur fans…the sky will be ur spring board…Say Amen!

8. Lamide

March 3, 2010 at 6:29 pm

Yay!!!!! So happy for u girly 🙂 I’m looking forward to seeing the clip!!

9. seun

March 3, 2010 at 7:00 pm

So happy for you gal!!! U rock!

10. Nneka

March 3, 2010 at 7:00 pm

Yippie! I need strings to hold me down cos I’m super duper-excited. You did it Uche! Good job! Whoever said there’s anything wrong with dreaming big?
    Be sure to publish the clip soon for those who won’t still get the chance to watch it on tv thanks to work and no DVR recordings set up at home.

My day’s just REstarted and I’m pumped up alllllll over again!wow

11. the realist

March 3, 2010 at 7:30 pm

what channel can i watch the show on in canada and what time will it be showing.

12. Annie

March 3, 2010 at 9:35 pm

Congratulations Bella! What a great achievement.

13. kkk

March 3, 2010 at 10:28 pm

congratulations bella…
    amazing stuff!

14. pink-satin

March 3, 2010 at 10:37 pm

It was God that made me leave work extra early today o.I am actually watching that episode now and then i decided to check your site.I cant believe you are going to be shown in few minutes…i am so excited. Right now they are showing beauty in China….men, i am so jealous of you i wont even lie o.i bet you never ever thought when you started blogging that you will be on Oprah show.More grease to your elbow girl, the sky is your limit but i still hate you right now…lol

15. Aku

March 3, 2010 at 10:39 pm

Wow… this is great… Congratulations…. Thanks for sharing…

16. pink-satin

March 3, 2010 at 10:46 pm

i think i missed your segment 🙁

17. pink-satin

March 3, 2010 at 10:54 pm

lol..i didnt miss it..you look so nice you are on now

18. Sasco

March 3, 2010 at 11:06 pm

Congrats Bella, will watch the show today. I am happy for u, pls remember to put God first in all u do and he will take u places. Congrats again and God Bless….

19. kemi

March 3, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Congrat!!!….i saw you on oprah show today.i am so proud of you.i am a big fan of yours.keep up the good work.

20. Honey-pot

March 3, 2010 at 11:34 pm

You’re an inspiration Bella, imagine how far a blog could go, it just shows that you can succeed in whatever you put you mind to, all you need is the passion, determination and hard work. Wishing you the very best as always, keep doing your thang:). H-pt

21. DUDU

March 3, 2010 at 11:47 pm

Wohooooooooooo!!! You deserve it girl. And through it all you’re still so humble. Keep it up dear.

22. mimi

March 3, 2010 at 11:50 pm

Congrats. You inspired me today to say some dreams outloud to God, because indeed it is “from our lips to God’s ear.” Got introduced to your site last week, and I love it.

23. buffy

March 4, 2010 at 12:06 am

congrats bella i m sooooooooooooooo happy for u, hp u put it up here cz i dnt knw if i cn eva watch it sumwre else.God knws u desrved it cz u r doin a great job on this web.

24. Yetty

March 4, 2010 at 12:07 am

So I’m sitting in my living room, watching the Oprah show I recorded on Direct TV at like 5:30pm. Am like wait I know that’s Uche. That looks like Bella. Oh! my gwad it is bella lol! I proceed to post a status updated on my fb, then log on to bellanaija.com to see this here lol. I’m so proud of you missay. You looked and sounded uber fab. and u’re the only one they did not use translations for lol loved it. All the best Always. Always 😉

25. Yinka

March 4, 2010 at 12:17 am

Just saw the show!!! Congrats!!! Came on here in the morning and ran home from school after classes just to make sure I didn’t miss it! Felt my Nigerian Pride when they zoomed in on the map…but dang our internet service lol no wonder Oprah said her byes quickly

26. Kemchi

March 4, 2010 at 12:34 am

Congratulations Bella, just saw the show! I was grinning from ear to ear :), talk about proudly Naija.

27. Anyvic

March 4, 2010 at 12:41 am

i am so upset, i missed it. would it be possible to have the segment upload here? I would really love to see it. congrats

28. ZU

March 4, 2010 at 12:42 am

Gosh you are an inspiration I love the words..I am a strong believer in speaking positive things… I repent of all my negative talks!!! this is my lent sacrifice ie to speak all things positive. God bless

29. nrgirl

March 4, 2010 at 12:50 am

our darling Bella. we are proud of you. The sky is your starting place.

30. Friend of Zara

March 4, 2010 at 12:56 am

Very nice! i saw u stress the beauty and brains bit. nice touch! very very well done! dreams do come true…!

31. MelonX

March 4, 2010 at 1:07 am

You go girrrrrl!!! Saw it…made me proud.

32. MelonX

March 4, 2010 at 1:20 am

saw it, u did well. the aso-ebi part didn’t make it (maybe it made it to “oprah after the show” show). they focused on the hair/beauty and body image part and nigerian women being influenced by beyonce and rihanna. u made us proud. great!!! melonx-miami

33. Buttermint

March 4, 2010 at 1:40 am

BELLA OMG!!! congratulations..I missed the segment..please find us a clip on youtube……M literally screaming omg…CONGRATS DEAR!

34. Lawunmi

March 4, 2010 at 1:46 am

Please Youtube it. 😉

35. Yemi

March 4, 2010 at 2:01 am

good job girl!!! really proud of you…the sky is your limit.

36. dekao

March 4, 2010 at 2:03 am

i saw u on oprah oooooooooo…. this life……i need to be more positive….go bella….i loved ur blog….i love ur website….u inspire me….

37. love

March 4, 2010 at 2:07 am

I was watching oprah, and I was about to turn off the TV, and then I heard Nigeria. I was like, ok, let’s see what they are going to say about Nigeria. I kept thinking, this lady kinda of looks like Bella naija from the few pics I’ve seen. I was about to ask one of my friends, but I said let me check out her blog first to see. oh wow, it’s bella naija. I’m so proud of you. You look beautiful, thanks for representing naija in a good light.

38. Bola

March 4, 2010 at 2:12 am

Congrats Bella! So proud of you… keep the flag flying and keep on being an inspiration to many of us. This is just the beginning.

39. Tee

March 4, 2010 at 2:25 am

BIG CONGRATS GIRL. I’ve been an avid follower since you were on blogspot lol. I dont watch TV anymore, but I will find a way to watch the clip. God bless you….

40. allen

March 4, 2010 at 2:57 am

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

41. ZSparks

March 4, 2010 at 3:13 am

Haha, I DVR’ed the show and i actually watched the segment. I loved how you kept saying you know. And the United Nations of hair part, lol, girl you crazy. I know the show was short of time but I wish she hadn’t ended your skype chat so soon. Otherwise, it was a great show, the dress was fab and your hair was on point. So tell us, was it indian or brazilian, haha United Nations indeed

42. Zenani

March 4, 2010 at 5:06 am

OMG That was you!! You totally killed. Bravo. Wish you coulda had more airtime. Loves the outfit.

43. mandy

March 4, 2010 at 6:18 am

You’ve done well. Kudos! Let me go watch it on DVR now.

44. Mark

March 4, 2010 at 6:20 am

Congrats love! saw it coming from blog spot to oprah, we heading straight to the white house, no choice!

45. Dith-H-P

March 4, 2010 at 7:17 am

Aww I missed it! 🙁 & I have been “youtubing” to no avail. lol
    Ok just for you I’ll stay up till 1am to catch d recap. I am so HAPPY for you. Humility, hardwork and persistence does pay off. The sky is your starting point my dear.
    Congratulations!!

46. Nikki

March 4, 2010 at 7:42 am

Congrats….beginning of greater things to come!!!!!!!

47. fokasibe

March 4, 2010 at 7:55 am

Screen Cap from the Oprah video + the first and only time I will put up my photo LOL…

Hehehehe! Are you saying that if Helen Degeneres or David Letterman want you on their show you wouldn’t put a pic up? 🙂 I thought so too!!
    You really have done well!! You are really an inspiration to do whatever anyone is doing well!! God bless from the bottom of my heart Uche….(I have earned the right to address you as Uche -today at least, methinks) BRAVO!!

48. fokasibe

March 4, 2010 at 8:00 am

and your dress and makeup? ON POINT!!!!!!!!

49. chilli

March 4, 2010 at 8:17 am

I’m really happy for you Bella. You earned it.

50. fre

March 4, 2010 at 8:37 am

when i saw molly, i just knew it was Molade A, plus she stays in Chicago, where d oprah show is recorded, den i kept reading n saw it, yay!!
    congrats Uche Eze(a bit of personal touch since ur pic is up, lol), im sure every1 is proud of u, esp u.

51. tele

March 4, 2010 at 8:41 am

go girl more to come mwah

52. MiaJadore

March 4, 2010 at 9:07 am

Girl you deserve every bit of it and many more to come. You are gorgeous, inteligent, classy, and a great role model for young African girls. I am sorry happy for you, I can’t help myself. Huges and Kisses, Love you BELLA!

53. Ngozi

March 4, 2010 at 10:32 am

Congrats dear from one of your biggest fans!!

54. winneR

March 4, 2010 at 10:34 am

Whao,gr8 things r lined up 4 u dis yr,wen so early in d yr u cud snag a spot on Oprah.Good 4 u,U go girl!!!
    I will never underestimate the power of positive thinking & acting cos i’m a living witness 2 it as well.
    Yes we CAN & by God we WILL.

55. GidiNoize

March 4, 2010 at 12:01 pm

OMG….I’m so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!
    This is great and you totally earned it!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!
    Love from GidiNoize!

56. Chinny Nwosu

March 4, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Im so proud of you…! I was actually wondering when you will finally go public about being behind bella naija ‘cuz I remember back then in 06 when Nkechi introduced me to your blog, she said i had to keep quiet cuz you wanted it to be that way. There had been several occasions when i had been itching to open my mouth tho. lol.Cant imgaine how thrilled Aunt “Ree” will be… Hope you get to put up a link asap….x

57. ngum

March 4, 2010 at 12:05 pm

wow! this is truly inspiring bella. well done to u!

58. amaka

March 4, 2010 at 12:08 pm

wow! congrats gal… dats a great achivement. ur really down 2 earth and humble. dnt worry one dai ur gonna get 2 oprah is. jst kip it up. cheers…

59. Rhoash

March 4, 2010 at 12:27 pm

I am so proud of you. The fact that you are bright, young and confident really inspires me….I hope you do better things, all the best.

60. sweetie

March 4, 2010 at 1:02 pm

bella na so u fine, kai u are one hot mama..i thot u were from d west o!!! anyhu congrats darl

61. Slyk

March 4, 2010 at 1:15 pm

First congrats on your achievement. Good to see how beautiful you are, but i noticed they spelt Lagos as “Lago” there,lol.

62. Tess

March 4, 2010 at 2:15 pm

somebody please tell me something: is Uche one and the same person with Bella?

63. Dee

March 4, 2010 at 3:14 pm

Congratulations on your achievement…..Uchenna Eze/ BELLA!

64. Ink

March 4, 2010 at 5:46 pm

uhm… YES!
    Uche u were lookin hot o. giving us good style&inspirational examples for us to follow.

65. Nogo

March 4, 2010 at 6:02 pm

Wow congrats! I’ve been following you for some time, even before this website. You deserve it xx

66. Anya

March 4, 2010 at 7:10 pm

I watched it! You looked great & you came of so easy-going! Congratulations woman!

67. doreen

March 4, 2010 at 7:12 pm

good for you girl

68. misstee

March 4, 2010 at 8:00 pm

this is huge! hearty congrats! ur an inspiration!

69. Ndidi

March 4, 2010 at 8:29 pm

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS, I watched you yesterday, I was so happy for you, an inspiration to all Nigerian women!!!

70. Sarah Divine

March 4, 2010 at 8:32 pm

I always say we prophesy into our lives. I am soo inspired by this and wish you even bigger things. Our GOD is big and this is making me love him and bless him even more. Thanks for sharing

71. Mo

March 4, 2010 at 8:34 pm

I was sitting around my dentist’s waiting room yesterday watching my daughter play, and the Oprah’s mention of Nigeria was the first thing that captured my attention. Then I was glued to the TV (my dentist had to wait becos I wasn’t thru watching ur segment! lol) I am so proud of you. Job well done! I truly miss home. Thanks for including info on ur wardrobe. You looked fierce!

72. Elpee

March 4, 2010 at 9:15 pm

haha “Helen” Degeneres?

Bravo Bella.. pls put you tube video for us to see… I like how u make the blog not about you but about others…

73. silva

March 4, 2010 at 10:13 pm

Congrats girl!!! and yes you will put your picture up again ‘cos better things are coming! there’s indeed power in spoken word…

74. Slyk

March 4, 2010 at 10:57 pm

Here is a link to watch her on Oprah for those that would like to see it…

75. Hawt

March 4, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Wow! wow! wow!…like i can’t say wow enough, i’m happy for you and i’m proud of you, you are a true inspiration.

76. Odunayo

March 4, 2010 at 11:39 pm

I totally agree that nothing is impossible, especially our dreams and aspirations! You are a complete inspiration for all of us Nigerian women, keep it up!

77. Glory Edozien

March 5, 2010 at 12:11 am

Congratssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!……..Very inspirational Uche….may God’s ear remain continually open to all your prayers!…You’ve done Nigeria proud!

78. Yuwa Sorrela

March 5, 2010 at 2:35 am

Congrats sweets. Proud of u! Job well done 😉

79. Abeni Ebony

March 5, 2010 at 3:37 am

Man!! I missed it! My mom called me and told me about it but I was at work! 🙁 WAY TO GO BELLA!!!!

80. Chi-Chi Iwu

March 5, 2010 at 4:10 am

Bella I’m glad that all of your hard work from blogging about the latest in Naija fashion & lifestyle has caught the eyes of the woman herself – Oprah. Been a fan since your blogspot.com and I wish you all the continued blessings that the Lord has for you.

81. Adesuwa

March 5, 2010 at 4:44 am

Saw ur segment and was proud that nigeria was being portrayed positively. Keep up d good work. The sky is just the beginning 4 u.

82. tina

March 5, 2010 at 5:00 am

I am so proud of you. dreams do come true i believe with all my hear. congrats Bella

83. Bola #1

March 5, 2010 at 5:56 am

CONGRATS, such a thrilling and fulfilling experience, and you look absolutely gorge in Tiffany Amber

84. THE AMAKA

March 5, 2010 at 7:10 am

OMG!! yes bella you are beautiful. that is wonderful!!!
    i bet 1000s of more fans will come to your site.
    awesome!!!

85. Funmie

March 5, 2010 at 7:18 am

I am so tapping into this ur blessing Bella! congrats and many more….. dat ur jacket looks fab…..

86. Ifeoma-adiagwuagwu

March 5, 2010 at 3:52 pm

Bella (Uche), congrats.

87. jcsgrl

March 5, 2010 at 8:31 pm

My dear, I DVR’d the show and I’m beyond proud of you. I love the authentic Ndewo and nja voice. Very well spoken…looking drop dead gorgeous. The sky is just your beginning. I look forward to seeing you at the United Stations or Nobel Peace Prize ceremony…anything great!!!

88. karo akpokiere

March 6, 2010 at 1:35 am

Great news. I love the “from our lips to Gods ears” quote

89. abi

March 6, 2010 at 3:35 am

congrats bella!!….am so proud of u

90. jennietobbie

March 6, 2010 at 3:35 am

please how do I see the video? Plzzzzzzzzz

91. jennietobbie

March 6, 2010 at 4:10 am

please where can I see this clip? I went to Oprah’s website http://www.oprah.com and couldn’t find it. Bella help!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

92. jennietobbie

March 6, 2010 at 4:20 am

please can you resend the website. That website is not working for me, Thanks

93. kem

March 6, 2010 at 4:31 am

Bella, i’m so proud of you. Keep representing girl

94. Femiluv

March 6, 2010 at 8:53 am

Please upload it to youtube.

95. Oluniyi David Ajao

March 6, 2010 at 11:07 am

Congratulations

96. chinaka

March 6, 2010 at 11:07 am

on your way to the top. keep up the good work

97. Bunmi

March 6, 2010 at 7:53 pm

Girl, you’ve come a long way! You deserves the accolades, keep up the good work and God bless. xoxo

98. Kenny

March 6, 2010 at 8:58 pm

Sky is your limit Bella

99. Favoured Girl

March 6, 2010 at 10:25 pm

Congrats Bella! This is so inspiring! Right before our eyes your passion and commitment is taking you higher – keep it up! More of this to come! 🙂

100. mona

March 6, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Hi Bella, btw congs on your accomplishements. You looked very classy and confident!! is there away that we can see the rest of the clip that you prepared with the Aschobi…
    I am a strong believer in the power of our tongues and subconscious minds! As from experience it comes to pass. Thanks for the encouragement.

101. mona

March 6, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Cheers to always being positive!!!!!

102. chimene

March 7, 2010 at 7:09 am

Congrats!I was so proud to see a young beautiful nigerian woman on Oprah!Not knowing it was Bella Naija!More blessing to u from Canada!

103. Pingback: Our Weight « Pamela's World

104. afrochic

March 7, 2010 at 1:18 pm

This achievement doesn’t come as a surprise at all. Such is usually reserved for people with your passion & diligence. Ur truly a huge inspiration. We knw this won’t be the last of such 4 u. Bask in all the euphoria. It’s an honour well deserved. Thumbs up!!

105. Kemi

March 7, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Congratulations, Uche…. You make us proud. It’s good seeing nigerians being showcased in a positive light for a change. keep up the good work.
    Kemi

106. africhika

March 8, 2010 at 1:02 am

oh my gosh, this lady is only 25???!!!!!!!!!!! kudos to the highest. i’ve been a fan for the longest, never she was so young.

107. jennietobbie

March 8, 2010 at 2:28 am

@femiluv…that website does not work on my laptop. I need help

108. Chikere (aka Ababoy)

March 8, 2010 at 10:23 am

So Proud of you….

109. ndidi

March 8, 2010 at 5:52 pm

my first time on your site and i am very proud of you.also saw you on oprah with a very positve spin on nigeria.with someone who can actually articulate her views.goodluck.(bnatural spa)

110. Topaz

March 8, 2010 at 6:07 pm

I’m so very proud of you, Bella, you are an inspiration and a blessing. You’ll go higher!

111. chioma

March 9, 2010 at 1:37 am

Big ups Bella…much respect…

112. Tosin

March 9, 2010 at 8:56 am

awesome, Miss Lady. thanks for sharing the excitement of doing the Oprah show. thanks for repping us 🙂

113. plastiQ

March 9, 2010 at 12:53 pm

WOW ! How did I miss this? Onydchic just mentioned it to me and I had to dig it up. Big ups miss, and keep being an inspiration to all of us…yes ! werunthings crew included. And nice one with the Naija flag in the background. All the best

114. Rebecca

March 9, 2010 at 1:45 pm

Uche you are amazing and sure an inspiration.

115. Niknak

March 9, 2010 at 8:41 pm

This is awesome! Congratulations!!! You do us proud.

116. O.A.E.

March 10, 2010 at 12:46 am

You Rock! Congratulations!

117. Pingback: Bella Naija looking fabulous in Tiffany Amber on the Oprah Show. | FashionAfrica.com

118. tokunboh

March 10, 2010 at 10:53 pm

bella nice work, but dont be carried away – oprah chose u cos she wanted 2 pay naija back 4 the bad publicity she gave us back in the day. once again it’s pretty nice to hav a dream come tru.

119. Agwuda

March 12, 2010 at 12:50 am

Congrats hon! You really are an inspiration and I admire the confidence and positivity you exude. Keep living out your dreamz babe….really what or who can stop you? You rock!!!

120. Tayo

March 12, 2010 at 6:57 am

I def saw it, and was like who is this Uche girl… lol, later found out it was you. Awesomeness… congrats hon! I loved the segment but wished it was a bit longer 🙂 and LOL at you buying your “fresh fish” too cute.

121. Kies

March 13, 2010 at 9:08 pm

haha this bella naija girl fine like this?

122. gbemi

March 15, 2010 at 3:20 am

guess what? she chose her and not you…she’s allowed get carried away :/

123. gbemi

March 15, 2010 at 3:26 am

Congatulations!!!

124. Pingback: A fashion blogger on Oprah? | My Fashion Life

125. Chichi

March 24, 2010 at 6:01 am

Well done and more grease to your elbow

126. MissandMrsTallClothes

March 24, 2010 at 6:02 am

Well done at last Nigeria is getting some good publicity

127. Tola F.

March 30, 2010 at 11:23 am

Wow! Well done, I just came across your site and I definitely admire what you do. Congrats on being on the Oprah Show, no matter what anyone says, you rock!

128. Deliciousinpink

April 1, 2010 at 7:13 am

So proud of you..Congrats dear…You deserve it….Don’t let anyone still your shine…Abeg, get carried away jo 🙂

129. Ann

April 5, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Men, talk about responding late and not watching this particular Oprah show, ‘the gods surely must be crazy!’ hahaha. Well done, so deserving. Sky is just the beginning……..

130. Pascal

April 30, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Thank Godd you deserve and congratulations.
    The young Nigerians who can not rule the country like they said are proud of you.
    Be focus as it is just the beginning of good things to come.

131. David Otokpa

May 9, 2010 at 4:31 pm

Just seeing this. Congratulations on a much deserved experience.

132. Dianah

May 18, 2010 at 2:11 pm

wow! dats quite impressive.i ma happy for you and happy that u put Naija out there in a positive light. keep making us proud.

133. Biblo

May 20, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Bravo Bella! So proud of u…U r an inspiration to many.

134. Bolaji - NaijasMostIncredible.com

June 9, 2010 at 3:27 pm

Ms. Eze (aka Bella),

You are a huge inspiration. Not because you made it on Oprah –
    this is just the icing on top of a cake meticulously and lovingly made.

You’re an inspiration because of your love for what your do, your perseverance, and your obviously contagious positive attitude. it’s a pleasure to witness this moment for you.

May it be dwarfed by many bigger and better crowning moments in your illustrious future as an entrepreneur, visionary, philanthropist, teacher, and mentor.

We’re living vicariously through you, oh! But may we also have the courage to step out in faith and pursue our dreams. Knowing that success is never a destination, but a choice to take the road less traveled.

135. waje

July 9, 2010 at 6:35 pm

More than happy for u dear,keep the flag flying and its feels good to know that more nigerian woman re doing so well. Its an honour to be part of this era

136. Ruthy Charlot

August 12, 2010 at 9:49 pm

I am so happy for you! Belated congratulations! You are inspiring and inspired. 🙂 To your continued success and you going from strength to strength.

137. Dolly P

September 8, 2010 at 2:53 pm

I am so so so proud of you, thank you and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

138. Inu

September 8, 2010 at 6:52 pm

This just aired on DStv in Nigeria today (6 months later, but that’s another story altogether!)
    Very well done Uche!
    Good to see Nigeria being put on the map for positive reasons, for a change.

139. pamela

September 13, 2010 at 10:58 am

This is the result of having a definite desire and a goal to go with it. Always say the words you want to hear in your life.
    Congrats

140. SecretDiary

September 18, 2010 at 4:01 am

Wow. Nice. Happy for you.

141. mbabazi

November 8, 2010 at 11:15 am

i am in awe of this woman and what she has attained with bellanaija. a book deal should be in order.http://mbabaziannet.blogspot.com

142. Miss Nigeria USA

November 17, 2010 at 3:40 am

I saw the segment ..you did a fabulous job

143. PRINCE TUNDE AKIN AFOLABI

November 18, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Congratutions

144. Raised eyebrows!

December 8, 2010 at 6:28 am

From our lips to God’s ears indeed!!! This has made me believe that really if i can dream it, i can achieve it…for u i pray that more success comes ur way and that humility remains one of ur virtues! thumbs up.

145. Acho

December 19, 2010 at 5:58 pm

Respect ! You are going to be more bigger gurl, ma sister… God will surely bless ur luck……

146. Helen Prest Ajayi

December 21, 2010 at 12:00 am

I know I’m late to the party, but just heard about it,(yeah I know where have i been???), but just had to extend my hearty congratulations Uche…well done! You truly deserve it.

147. Priscilla Akpason Nwosu

March 24, 2011 at 9:29 am

Oh my goodness I watched that particular episode and I was so excited i called my sisters and neighbours to come and see

148. Priscilla Akpason Nwosu

March 24, 2011 at 9:33 am

Oh my goodness I watched that particular episode on MBC 4 and i was so excited I called my sisters and neighbours to come and see Naija babe for Oprah, it was so exhilareting. I just started reading your website when i logged on to Genevieve magazine. am really happy for you, keep on representing girl, you rock!

149. Priscilla Akpason Nwosu

March 24, 2011 at 9:35 am

As you can see i still have the excitment am posting more that once!

150. Pingback: Uche Eze, Founder, Bella Naija.com gets featured on CNN! #CNN Video | Celebrating Progress Africa

151. Bayo

September 5, 2011 at 6:34 pm

You are so great, i see a brighter future ahead of u…..Cheers!

152. Ofilispeaks

September 5, 2011 at 6:58 pm

wow! Congrats on that! Well deserved.

153. Kayode

July 16, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Euphoric is how i feel to know that you’re progressing in leaps and bounds.

154. Pingback: Meet 30 innovators finding African solutions for African problems - Quartz

155. Pingback: Meet 30 innovators finding African solutions for African problems - How Africa