News

Gloriously FABULOUS, AFRICAN & BLACK – FAB Magazine debuts with a double cover featuring Eldee & Nneka

BellaNaija.com

FAB-MAGAZINE_ doublecover1_1We introduced you to FAB Magazine in January, now all the planning has come to fruition.
The magazine was officially launched in Lagos on the 21st of March 2010. FAB’s debut issues is themed – the music issue – ‘where music meets fashion’ – and features an eclectic mix of high-end designers, and the high-flying musicians of the moment. Readers can expect profiles and fashion spreads from the finest female names, such as Mo’ Cheddah, Sasha, Shiikane, May7ven, Nneka and Shingai Shoniwa, to name a few. And of the majestic male celebs, including Banky W, M.I, Naeto C, Whiz Kid, Duncan Daniels and Lemar, with many more making the purchase worthy.

True to its promise, the magazine is 80% African in content and 100% unique in style. Nigerian graphic designer Mr .Skee has worked in conjunction with the creative director of the magazine, Suby Onabanjo to create what has become more than just a publication, but a work of art. One might feel to buy the magazine and then frame it after reading, as the talented Mr Skee has mastered all that is aesthetic through innovative magic.

FAB Magazine can be purchased for 500 Naira, which is a steal considering it reaches 164 pages of relevant reading. Alternatively, the anxious fashion conscious can purchase a cheaper version online.

We are so excited about FAB Magazine. They have a great team and the magazine industry in Nigeria will definitely benefit from this injection of a fresh perspective. The price is also very well priced! The debut cover featuring Eldee and Nneka has a certain artistic quality that is quite cool as well.

Bella Naija will be bringing you the photos from the FAB Launch this week. Look out for that.

The first issue will also be available for purchase online at FAB Magazine’s website www.fabmagazineonline.com

FAB Magazine Audio Introduction to Magazine & Team
[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/FabLong.wav]

1. plastiQ

March 22, 2010 at 6:32 pm

My good Lord. I love the covers. Fresh and original approach to magazine cover design. Nice. Must buy…must buy…my precioussssss !

2. plastiQ

March 22, 2010 at 6:37 pm

..ooh. Suby Onabanjo had a hand in it’s production. No wonder.

3. GamGam

March 22, 2010 at 11:18 pm

Eldee’s cover is uuughh, but i simply adore Nneka!! ^_^

4. adebayo

March 23, 2010 at 3:16 am

Nice work on the cover..is that a photoshop brush used? Inquirer wants to know. Thanks!

5. JoaR

March 23, 2010 at 6:22 am

I absolutely love the cover….and Nneka is gorgeous, fell in love with her music the first time i saw her on Letterman….GREAT VOICE!

6. fokasibe

March 23, 2010 at 7:38 am

Yes OOOO!! I’m in!! The cover is über fab as bella would say…

7. Mista Skee

March 23, 2010 at 12:12 pm

Thanks, glad you like the covers (there’s more inside and much more to come, this is only the beginning) Photoshop wasn’t used, but for now I’ll keep you all guessing.

8. AKOGUN ALLI

March 23, 2010 at 10:02 pm

WHAAAAAT!!!! TOTALLY LOVING THIS CONCEPT…I HOPE ITS THIS NICE IN PRINT! WHERE CAN I PURCHASE A COPY?

9. roundrobin

March 24, 2010 at 12:08 pm

can wait to get my copy!

10. Segun

April 15, 2010 at 1:26 pm

Uhmmmm…..I love the concept though but i have some reservations about the Fab Magazine. As an expert working in the print media industry, i don’t think the society is ready for this kind of magazine. Truly, i love the conceptualization but it is not marketable. This magazine won’t sell! You need to get your direction and packaging right. Also look at the society you live in. You can’t send out mixed dishes all at once. It’s like mixing 7up and Sprite together for people to drink. Basically the magazine is an entertainment magazine combined with art. Art magazine won’t sell here in Naija. Entertainment? yeah…depending on packaging. People here are very visual and love colours. The magazine reminds me of Arise Magazine. Who knows Arise Magazine…?

11. QOSSIY'B

June 2, 2010 at 3:35 pm

c’mon mister skee, don’t give me dat!…of course photoshop was effing used.

12. Wole

September 22, 2010 at 5:45 pm

FAB is truly fabulous. I love the Concept. Mista Skee this is Awesome you guys should keep it up. Segun, You are Absolutely wrong wonder how people like last in organisations, YOU KILL IDEAS WITHOUT PROPER TESTING AN MARKET ANALYSIS and You call yourself an expert. What market gave you the impression that the nigerian market is not ready for this. You are just trying to sound like an unneccesary ‘problem’. FAB continue. You have a unpopular market that is tired of the norm and craves for UNIQUENESS. I believe that is what you are bringing to the market. If Job of Apple ever listened to the likes of Segun we won’t have iPad, Mac, ipod etc today. Apple may not hit Microsoft present market in the next 10 years. FAB focus on your traget market stop listening to Vision killers. God Bless.

13. Wole

September 22, 2010 at 5:49 pm

FAB is truly fabulous. I love the Concept. Mista Skee this is Awesome you guys should keep it up. Segun, You are Absolutely wrong. I wonder how people like you last in organisations, YOU KILL IDEAS WITHOUT PROPER TESTING AND MARKET ANALYSIS and You call yourself an expert. What market study gave you the impression that the nigerian market is not ready for this. You are just trying to sound like an unneccesary ‘problem’. FAB continue. You have an unpopular market that is tired of the norm and craves for UNIQUENESS. I believe that is what you are bringing to the market. If Job of Apple ever listened to the likes of Segun we won’t have iPad, Mac, ipod etc today. Apple may not hit Microsoft’s present market in the next 10 years but they are on their way to greater success. FAB focus on your traget market stop listening to Vision killers. God Bless.

14. Tosin

November 5, 2010 at 4:16 pm

I’ve got all three issues of FAB now. Vogue don’t got nothing on FAB y’all. It’s really so artsily good.

15. peterstanley

November 12, 2010 at 4:03 pm

for me FAB is really a lifestyle compendium