News

Efe-Tommy, Vixen, Dayo, Denrele & Seun: The Hottest Presenters on Nigerian TV cover Younik Magazine

BellaNaija.com

They are the vibrant showbiz presenters that  brighten up Nigeria’s TV screens. Denrele Edun of Soundcity, Yvonne Ekwere (Vixen) of E-Weekly on Silverbird, Efemena Adabamu (Efe-Tommy) of Excite TV, Dayo Ephraim of HipOnTV and Seun Chukwuemeka of Spice TV all feature on the cover of the new issue of Younik Magazine.

The colour theme for the cover was a touch of red. Vixen and Seun took it to the max in red dresses while the guys kept things a bit more muted. Looks like a fun shoot! According to one of the featured presenters, Efe-Tommy of Excite – “It was so much fun… We got the vibe. And everybody was in tune with each other.
In the magazine, the presenters talk about their careers so far, a good read for anyone trying to break into youth targeted and showbiz focused TV presenting.
See more photos below.

1. uloms

July 29, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Infact, I’ve officially given up on quality magazines in Nigeria. What is all this typo on the front page of a mag with Nja celebrities? The first one. “standing our from the crowd.” You’re standing “our” alright with this mess you call a mag. It better be my eyes seeing incorrectly. The other one “President Goodluck Jonathan’s Visit Delta State.” As in, warrahell!!! Bella oh, please get your people to work ASAP and correct this mess. Mscheew!!!!

2. fokasibe

July 29, 2010 at 4:06 pm

OMG!

3. Jolz

July 29, 2010 at 4:16 pm

am i d first to comment???

Efe, I’m very happy for u o! Keep doin your thing….

4. ThePoet

July 29, 2010 at 4:18 pm

They must have a criteria for picking their boys

5. priceless jewel

July 29, 2010 at 4:19 pm

Grab your copy now!

6. Ujubaby

July 29, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Denrele, hmm!

7. Elpee

July 29, 2010 at 5:12 pm

lmao the typo makes m laugh.. how ,many Goodluck’s do we have?

8. Akin Oniti - 1 Click

July 29, 2010 at 5:18 pm

Wonderful images combined with a nice blend of colour. This is an outstanding production. Keep it up!

9. Pipiiiihooray!

July 29, 2010 at 5:22 pm

The guys beat the gals handsdown> what a shame. If u are a presenter present urself well first

10. Pat Pat

July 29, 2010 at 5:45 pm

heheheheheheheheheheheheh. Dis typo wanna kill me die. Very good observation Ulom.

11. tara

July 29, 2010 at 7:43 pm

Typo’s hilarious!!!! Efemena!!!!!! i love you

12. lalalalala

July 29, 2010 at 8:12 pm

My qualms with 9ja presenters (and radio djs) is they all went to unilag but have stronger american accents than Ryan Seacrest. I spot two guilty people on that cover. So annoying and fake to listen too.

Minus denrele. He reigns supreme!

Na wa for this typo, It just removed the ‘legit-ness’ of being on the cover.

13. missy_spectacular

July 29, 2010 at 8:33 pm

on the other hand it must be that this isnt the final copy that went to print…but nonetheless its not ood enough

14. Naija

July 29, 2010 at 8:47 pm

Na serious typo be this o. Them for at least manage put am for last page na.

Uloms, you get eyes o.

15. THE AMAKA

July 29, 2010 at 9:08 pm

love the photo shoot, looks REAL and alive.
    as for the typos….lol NA TODAY?

16. kamasutra

July 29, 2010 at 9:11 pm

@uloms, you shouldn’t mind them. L2 in Nigeria so they can afford to be nasty but on a more serious note magazines in Nigeria are always a hot mess. only Genevieve and the news ones like TELL and THE NEWS the rest are just…oh me Lord!!!!!

17. kamasutra

July 29, 2010 at 9:21 pm

@lalalalala
    good bless you. this self hating has got to stop. even on radio it’s like listening to a bunch of cocoNUTS talking. that’s why i love derenle. he is omo-naija and proud to the core
    not these self haters.

18. bebe

July 29, 2010 at 9:38 pm

The guy in the studded jacket is so metro!!! looks smashn in d red hi-tops also
    He garrit going on … wink wink

19. Raz

July 29, 2010 at 10:04 pm

This is like the D list of TV presenters. Without IK, Andre Blaze, Ebuka, it’s all jokes. Typo’s are hilarious really

20. La Reine

July 29, 2010 at 11:16 pm

I wholeheartedly agree. I’m not sure who the terrible Yankee/Brit/Other accents are for.
    The only make me want to turn the radio/tv off.

Nothing is wrong with Being Yourself. Someone should pass the memo to media personalities and wannabes.

21. BB

July 30, 2010 at 12:13 am

Typo on the cover page of a mag, what a joke! d president good luck headline doesn’t have anything to do with hot looking tv presenters(which ‘ll probably b d best fin abt d mag lol).

22. silva

July 30, 2010 at 12:40 am

i completely agree with all of you! the fake accents are really smtin else esp. the radio djs.
    sometimes to even pronounce a name like ‘chioma’ na wahala.

23. Good "Lock"

July 30, 2010 at 1:15 am

You people saw one typo,I saw 2..the other one says “Standing our from the crowd”…I think the editor did a lazy job,or could it be the Shomolu printer’s fault?..IDK…

24. Omada

July 30, 2010 at 1:32 am

with all these ‘external’ typos, they have the liver to slap a price tag of 700 naira on it.
    i wonder how many grammatical & typographical errors will be inside the mag itself.
    most of the time, people are in too much of a hurry to make money to think of quality.

25. Nice Anon

July 30, 2010 at 2:03 am

I don’t understand that guy with big hair
    his fashion has always been weird

26. Juniorandpretty

July 30, 2010 at 5:37 am

The typos have got to be a joke o, or perraps it is a contest for the readers, “spot our ibons(grammatical errors) and win a Toyota Camry”…I just dont get it o.As in how can the slogan have a typo?

I have not heard these presenters talk, but my friends who live in Naija say its disgusting.I used to hate the afternoon shows on Cool fm back in the days because of the annoying girls (e,g Ashionye) and their BriJamericanvietnamese (British, Jamaican,American & Vietnames)accen

27. Juniorandpretty

July 30, 2010 at 5:40 am

“accent” (see as me sef come tabon)

28. fi

July 30, 2010 at 9:20 am

We can do better…we will get there…sigh

29. Alvin

July 30, 2010 at 9:51 am

Hmm…nice photography but i’m wondering why siji of quest tv, isn’t on the cover too….

30. DUDU

July 30, 2010 at 9:54 am

Oh My Goodness. With typos like this…………………. (Fill in the blank spaces)

31. T-BAG

July 30, 2010 at 11:09 am

@Raz I totally agree with u…..dis shud be like d C list(dem try small) of TV presenters in Naija(asides denrele of course)…..bt I still think dere ‘re fantastic on-air personalities in dis country with or without an accent……I mean, ppl like d top 3 of Naija radio: Ik, Freeze & Olisa, as well as others like Anita, Oscar, toolz, Phoenix, gbemi, Rhecks….Ah an! dem plenty nw!…as 4 TV: Baba Ik again dey, Frank Edoho sef dey & d only guy dat I feel matches denrele in terms of entertaining reporting: Andre blaze. So guys, it’s nt as bad as y’all are portraying it 2 be
    P.S: I think vixen is also very gud & has d potential 2 make it 2 d top in d near future

32. dudu

July 30, 2010 at 11:28 am

lmao nawa for typo o!! publishers pls be sure to double check and proof read before you publish and embarrass your selves and those on the cover. but u’ve got to give them credit i think they(the presenters) are doing good so far, not sure who the other girl is but i think yvonne looks great! as for the accents na dem sabi as long as i’m being entertained warraheck!! keep it up y’all.

33. mariam

July 30, 2010 at 12:13 pm

Standing out indeed!

34. TumTum

July 30, 2010 at 12:31 pm

BN is always so well put together and grammatically sound. I don’t understand why they didn’t tell the editor of YOUNIK about this before posting it???? There must be some beef going on here. Talk about sabotage!!! The typos are so glaringly obvious, I thought me eyes were having a go at me. But then again, “younik” is a typo all on its own.

35. DUDU

July 30, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Now that we have two DUDU’s guess i’ll just have to be using 1stDUDU signature then. Oh well

36. BROSBEE

July 30, 2010 at 7:24 pm

Wow! I do not agree with you about not having good quality magazines in Nigeria…these guys must be rookies but then have they been standing “our” from the crowd for 9 editions?!! Genevieve, True Love before FLAIR, ARISE also tries but the content puts me off most times but then one magazine that has knocked me off my feet twice in a row with both editions is FAB MAGAZINE! My goodness! Youngsters go and do an internship with them if you can possibly get in so we can have more amazing stuff out there!

37. oby ngige

July 30, 2010 at 8:38 pm

Weldone guys,denrele keep it up. Oby from mama saloon

38. ESSAY

July 31, 2010 at 3:06 am

lol d first comment made me laugh big time and i’m at work so i couldnt even laugh out hahahahaha very funny uloms

39. Regina Askia

August 4, 2010 at 4:03 am

Nice cover though but I must say the presenters pale in comparison to the mad weirdo,Denrele. He is a complete package.First time he interviewed me in the States,I was intrigued not by his clever spunky unpredictable questions but his hair,clothes and OMG shoes!
    Who are the others? They strike me as close friends of the publisher esp the guy in the waistcoat whose comments were only printed here.
    Not bad! Typo,its Naija.
    Dig in and let’s read!

40. kennedy

August 22, 2011 at 6:15 pm

i love you denrele. no matter wat d hypocrites say.

41. Gbenga

February 29, 2012 at 12:15 am

The person I have love for is Seun Chukwu…I love her till death!