News

Have You Voted This Week? Big Brother Amplified announces “2 Winners” Twist & 5 Tails Housemates Face Eviction this week!

BellaNaija.com

It was a definitely a night to remember when Big Brother Amplified turned up the volume this past weekend with the biggest announcement in the show’s history!

To huge applause from the studio audience, and in news that is sure to cause great excitement, series presenter IK revealed during the live eviction show, that this season there will be not one, but TWO winners – and each will take home a whopping USD200 000 cash prize. With the series almost at the halfway point, the surprise announcement is the latest twist in the highly popular reality series which is set to end with a spectacular two hour finale on July 31. It’s the first time ever that Big Brother Africa series will award two winners, bringing the total prize money to an incredible USD 400 000 though the housemates themselves will only find out about the double prize during the final show!

With Malawian stars Tigris and Maskal lifting the roof off of the Big Brother Amplified studio with amazing musical performances, the night also saw two housemates leave the Heads house…

With 7 Housemates nominated for eviction, there was a lot of tension in the Heads House this week. When IK asked Head of House Lomwe to reveal and explain his ‘save and replace’ decision to the Housemates, he told them it was “nothing personal”. “The person I decided to save represents the same cause as I do, that’s obviously Felicia,” he said. “The person I decided to replace her with – again nothing personal – has a strong background and foundations. If they leave the House, they will have a bright future. At the same time, that person is strong and I believe they won’t be evicted – sorry, Vimbai,” he revealed.

IK then took viewers into the House and told the Housemates that when he called out their names, they should stand. He named Millicent, Weza and Zeus. After a dramatic pause, he told Millicent and Zeus that they had been saved, calling Weza to the stage. Once she emerged, he asked her about her favourite memory in the House. As she started to answer, Big Brother delivered a message to IK – that Weza was to leave the stage immediately. The bewildered Angolan made her way off stage and before long, found herself entering the Tails House and being mobbed by a new set of excited Housemates.

It wasn’t over for the Heads Housemates – IK took viewers back into the House and asked Vina and Confidence to stand. “Vina, you’re safe,” said IK.

“Yay!” exclaimed Confidence. “I’m walking out! I’m free – I’m free of you people!” said the Ghanaian. Unfortunately for Confidence, she will miss out the cash prizes as she was evicted after gaining the fewest votes from Africa during the week.

As Confidence joined IK on stage, he confirmed that she had been evicted. “What was your favourite moment?” he asked her. “Well every moment was my favourite, I’m so grateful I’ve been brought to this place and taught the lessons of life and I’m going to go home a changed person,” she said.

When IK asked about her least favourite person in the house, Confidence said “Put it this way – they’re behind me. I’m moving forward!” IK quizzed her about what she’d be taking away from the experience. “Big Brother!” she said jokingly, before saying: “I have so much in my life and feel I’m so blessed to be here, of all the Ghanaians, I’m the girl who’s been picked to be here. I feel honoured and privileged and for me this is fun. Come on Africa – thank you so much!” Her parting shot came when IK asked her for a quick prediction on who would win Big Brother Amplified. “None of those people in that House [Heads]. There are nicer people in the other house. Those people are pretenders, please!”

As Confidence left the stage to head back home, IK still had time to scare Hanni and Vimbai when he crossed back into the House – but revealed that they had been saved.

Earlier in the show, viewers got a chance to see how Ernest and Bhoke had been coping after their eviction last week. Ernest explained his ‘intelligent attack’ on Luclay and talked about Bhoke’s ‘beautiful energy’. He looked forward to visiting Botswana to meet up with Zeus and Miss P and also hanging out at Confidence’s club in Ghana. He said he felt he had represented his country and its diversity well.

Bhoke said that being part of Big Brother Amplified was an “awesome experience” that she would carry with her for the rest of her life. She saw Confidence as a big sister in the other House, and had bonded with Kim in the Tails House as they both recognized something of themselves, in each other. She revealed that her high point was the first task win – having previously lost two tasks. Speaking about tension in the House, she felt that there had been many disagreements because nobody wanted to be seen as a weak person. “It’s been a learning experience,” she said. “I learned a lot about myself and I’m strong and confident in my own skin”.

Four viewers picked up fantastic prizes for voting and interacting with Big Brother during the past week: Ijeona Sophia Nwogbo (Nigeria) won a DStv HD PVR, Ntsikiseng Motaung (South Africa) picked up a Samsung Laptop, Susan Kotobridge (Ghana) won a Samsung Smartphone and Jacob Asante (Ghana) won a Samsung Galaxy S.

Eviction – 5 Tails Housemates Face Eviction This Week

The Tails Housemates got stuck into nominations on Monday (13 June) on M-Net’s Big Brother Amplified – and 5 of them face eviction this Sunday.
Danny, Kim, Nic, Luclay or Karen could be heading home after a day of nominations, where politics and bad behaviour influenced decisions.
Once all the Housemates had had their say, Head of House Alex was one of those who faced eviction.
He promptly saved himself and put Karen up for eviction in his place – the first time so far on Big Brother Amplified that a Head of House has had to save themselves.

· Karen seems to have hatched a plot with the other ladies to attempt to ensure that Big Brother Amplified has a female winner – and looking at the way nominations went, they’re behind her! All the ladies nominated men on Monday, with Kim even nominating love interest Nic after Karen planted the seeds of doubt about the true nature of his feelings for her. Kim’s second nomination went to Danny.

· Mumba and Miss P both nominated Luclay and Danny – in fact, Luclay picked up a host of nominations from the Tails Housemates, with everyone except Karen, Kim and Danny nominating him. The overwhelming feeling is that his constant involvement in confrontations means he has to go.

· Danny nominated Karen and Kim, with Karen opting for Danny and Nic. Nic nominated Alex and Luclay – because the latter was creating ‘unnecessary tension’ in the House. Bernadina’s reason for nominating Luclay was that he had threatened to ‘expose’ other Housemates and send them home.

· Danny received a host of nominations, with the Housemates mentioning his laziness and lack of interest in chores. Alex, as Head of House, also picked up enough nominations to see him have to exercise his save & replace to keep himself out of harm’s way.

The winner of Big Brother Amplified, which is headline sponsored by Coca-Cola, will be named on 31 July, after 91 days of head-to-head competition – and the power to award to USD 200 000 prize rests in the hands of the viewers.

Big Brother wants your vote: Just remember you are voting to keep a nominated Housemate in the House!

Which means, the more you vote for your favourite nominated Housemate, the better their chance of staying in the house.

When you Vote, you also stand the chance of winning weekly prizes, including DStv Decoders, and from Samsung: Cameras, Camcorders, Laptops, Smartphones and the Galaxy Tab.

The Housemate who receives the least number of votes will be Evicted.

You can vote to keep a nominated Housemate in the house in three different ways:

1. Using MXit
2. Via the website, or the WAPsite on your mobile phone.
3. By sending an SMS

To vote using MXit: open the browser on your WAP-enabled mobile phone, and type in m.mxit.com to download MXit for free. Then locate MXit on your phone in the applications or games section and register. Once in MXit, go to Tradepost -> Entertainment -> Mnet. You will find the Big Brother contact in the M-Net bot. Add the Big Brother contact. Please note that voting on MXit is free and you can vote up to 10 times on MXit per voting period

To vote online: Register on DStv Connect, or use your existing DStv Connect profile details to log in. (www.mnetafrica.com/bigbrother). Please note that voting on the website or wapsite is free and you are allowed to vote once per hour during the voting period.

To vote via SMS: send the word VOTE followed by the Housemate’s name to the number for your country. SMS’s are charged per specified network tariffs in the various countries. VAS rates apply. Free minutes do not apply. Please note that you can vote 100 times by SMS per telephone number during each voting period.

Angola

Zambia
MTN – 15626 – ZK 2000 per SMS
Zamtel – 15626 – ZK 2000 per SMS

Zimbabwe
Econet – 33334 – USD 0.50 per SMS
NetOne – 15626 – USD 0.50 per SMS

Voting begins immediately after the nomination show on Monday nights and closes at 06:00 CAT on the following Sunday morning.

Find out who has received the least number of votes and will be evicted by tuning in to DStv Channel 198 on Sunday nights for the live eviction show at 19:00 CAT.
Sponsored Content

1. Romerniah

June 16, 2011 at 4:53 pm

i am sooo not feeling Karen and her fake n misrepresenting attitude…not voting for anyone ds week, my winner is in the Heads house-Vina:intelligent, smart, and a true naija gurl

• changing faces

June 16, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Vina, true Naija? which part of Naija pls??? Karen is more Nigerian than Vina will ever be…

• Ggirl

June 17, 2011 at 10:47 am

Love KAREN

2. THE AMAKA

June 16, 2011 at 5:11 pm

KAREN FOR LIFE BABY!!! EVERYONE PLEASE VOTE TO SAVE KAREN!
    thank God Confidence is gone! only so much of her “i know it all” attitude that anyone could take. did you guys see her exit? she had the worst attitude in the world.
    good riddance.
    KAREN ALL DAY, PLEASE VOTE! 🙂

• sedudla

June 18, 2011 at 8:29 am

I promise i will vote for Karen, she is true to herself and I like her personality.

3. Nigeriangirl

June 16, 2011 at 5:38 pm

really????

4. Tiki

June 16, 2011 at 6:42 pm

Sheesh, TWO grand prizes? that’s it, I’m changing my nationality to Nigerian and applying to enter the BB House!

5. marisa da gaspar da silva

June 16, 2011 at 7:16 pm

sinceramente os nigerianos podem fazer e todo mundo ou toda africa acha que e normal se for uma angolana querem todos julgar e mandar para fora da casa as besteiras da karen todos querem justificar dizendo que ela e divertida mais se a weza fizer alguma coisa vao todos criticar sinceramente ate parece que tenhem algo contra os angolanos que odio e esse eu ate gosto da karen mais acho ela muito escandalosa tinha que ter perfil para uma mulher que ela e´ forca lucley acho que mereces ficar pois realmente es intertenimento

6. Toyin

June 16, 2011 at 7:46 pm

KAREN FOR LIFE! VINA IS ALL DEM FAKE GALZ… I AM SPENDING 20K ON KAREN. LUCLAY HAS TOTALLT BEEN EFFED BY WEZA

7. sandybabe

June 16, 2011 at 7:59 pm

I VOTE KAREN ANYDAY! I THINK SHE IS REPESENTING NIAJA WELL, U GO GIRL KEEP IT UP JUST BE TRUE

8. francex

June 16, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Pls vote for karen..she’s smart,real,fun and most importantly 100% naija…..used 2 hate her before but she’s really cool…..

• etongo tapita

July 25, 2011 at 5:01 pm

are you blind to say that karen is real i will not doubt it if you from ninja to tel u the truth karen is the fake one can find on earth

9. Ola

June 16, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Weza, Luclay, Karen- My top 3!

10. eazzie

June 16, 2011 at 11:01 pm

at first, i was instantly put off by karen’s looks and all the stories in the press about her but as i watched the show further, i began to appreciate the babe. Mehn! she has the true naija spirit and i mean, who am i to judge her as regards the boobs issue. for Vina, that girl is sooooo fake that am sure china would refuse to make a duplicate for her and her inconsistent brit accent. mscheuwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! everyone has his own shortfalls so why should i condemn karen? KAREN ALL THE WAY!! my votes are in order.

11. lenalbert

June 17, 2011 at 12:09 am

karen will surely get the crown

• khuthala ludziya

June 24, 2011 at 1:47 pm

If everyhting is under my control i can send Karen back ot hercountry or origin. Karen is not good enogh to be on our televisiion screens. As a results I use not to watch Bigbrother Amplfied because of her because she is a night & daymare

12. Didi

June 17, 2011 at 6:09 am

Karen!!! KAREN!!! karen!!! 10/10

13. partyrider

June 17, 2011 at 7:46 am

i wasnt a fan of karen,but i really like her now..
    KAREN FOR THE MULLA…
    vote karen abeg..she really amplifies the show,without her the tails house will be DRYYYY!!
    #teamkaren

14. Ruth Shikongo

June 17, 2011 at 8:20 am

I want to vote Lucklay to stay in because he is playing as he is

15. [email protected]

June 17, 2011 at 8:32 am

if we are to judge by the looks,who could look like jamie fox,FIONA the wife to SHREK in tails?

• melanie

June 17, 2011 at 1:46 pm

no I don’t think so, she is just being used by everyone because she thinks she is smart. Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder and is our almighty God. who made us all in His own perfect image.

16. Lola

June 17, 2011 at 9:22 am

KAREN KAREN KAREN KAREN KAREN KAREN

17. bere aghogho

June 17, 2011 at 9:54 am

I luv karen she is the best ….no formings

18. bere aghogho

June 17, 2011 at 9:58 am

Karen is fun……if she leaves i guess nobody will bother watching bba cos it will be boring. I luv KAREN

19. Lola X

June 17, 2011 at 10:37 am

This oughta get interesting!

Lola x, London

• KEMISTO

June 25, 2011 at 11:01 am

Wezamy girl go on hamonours big brother amplified you are a starrrrrrrrrrr

• KEMISTO

June 25, 2011 at 11:03 am

nil

20. booby

June 17, 2011 at 10:43 am

I so love Karen, she has the heart of gold, she is fun and entertaining, I’m South African but Karen has been my fav from day 1, Nigeria should be proud of having been represented by her. she is BBA6 WINNER!!!!! As for Vina she is one of the continents fakes, like Nkuli and the rest.

21. Nino

June 17, 2011 at 10:47 am

KAREN…..
    I HATED YOU INITIALLY O BUT NOW…YOU ARE WAY TOO INTERESTING TO LEAVE….

22. nonjosey

June 17, 2011 at 11:15 am

Everyone seems to like Weza in the hse.

• melanie

June 17, 2011 at 1:41 pm

23. bere aghogho

June 17, 2011 at 11:46 am

Karen is fun,entertaining and lively. Karen is the ma best

24. NO wayy!!

June 17, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Keren ke? Fer realz?

25. Kémi Penélopê

June 17, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I hv been voting 4 bt I fear my vote will nt be counted since I am abroad…well, I will continue to vote every hr and every day (ok, until Sunday) until I am sure K is safe. That babe keeps me laffin’ & entertained…
    I would say she’s the true definition of ‘not judging a book by its cover’…

26. melanie

June 17, 2011 at 1:38 pm

please votela Karen and Luclay they are keeping it real. Big brother must stop keeping the cameras on Weza she is not up for possible eviction, please give everyone equal airtime especially the nomitated candidates, because I am sick and tired of seeing that Weza with her fake accent.

27. OHIRI,CHIBUZO PATRICK(PRINCE)

June 17, 2011 at 2:01 pm

I VOTE FOR KAREN FROM JOS,NIGERIA. SHE IS ACTING REAL AND NOT PRETENDING ABOUT HERSELF.KAREN GIRL,YOU ARE TRANSPARENT IN THE BBA HOUSE,KEEP IT UP.

28. Chrissy Chabwera Banda

June 17, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Lomwe de winner

29. ifeoma

June 17, 2011 at 3:45 pm

I knew right from day 1 that Vina is fake.Karen represents me naija babe more with her heart of gold,fun loving character,entertaining,and above all she is keeping it real.i WILL VOTE 4 KAREN

30. Romerniah

June 17, 2011 at 4:00 pm

how do you know she is fake?? bcos you do not speak english like her does not mean you shld beef now…common people!! i knw i am d only unique person here, saying i want Vina(lolz!!).but i just have a feeling you all are from same community, Karen is too loud!! that is her own xter and it is her type that gives pple bad vibes abt nigerians, she needs rebranding.
    i wont deny the fact that she is interesting oh but, she lacks intelligence, and she is dirty…hv u seen her cook?? anoda thing…i am sure you guyz only watch the recap on AFRICAN MAGIC!! lolz!!
    by the way i was first!!
    so..make una begin de condemn my comment..hahaha FOI

31. idowu Adebanjo

June 17, 2011 at 4:05 pm

karen is the babe in the house i cast a vote for her

32. Romerniah

June 17, 2011 at 4:07 pm

i am back oh…ehen!! its not by being lousy that one is real, have you guyz heard the lies Karen tells? God! obvious white lies… she hardly has anyth to say about Nigeria, meanwhile, Vina is always promoting Nigerian culture, and ol. hear talk of our movies, our comedians, our broadcast stations, our culture and values, its not by the english oh…
    but karen, hmm…she is seriously chasing the cash, and telling lies. one of the biggest is dt she said she had Bold 2, and then when weeza was talking, she said she had bold4 and BB touch, and an Iphone…hahaha!!! the iphone sef she cld nt differentiate it well.she ssay na…”i have iphone 16g and 36g”, now any body that knws iphone wld knw that it nt da way you differentiate them

33. Eskimo B

June 17, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Karen is fun,entertaining and lively. Karen is the ma best”

34. ashbaby

June 17, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Karen has my votes already,I love her….Vina lies too na,haba!

35. liz nambi

June 18, 2011 at 9:03 am

karen must stay. she got swag and she is for real. guys plz keep her in

36. Violetta

June 18, 2011 at 1:14 pm

I just love Karen, Botswana loves Karen

37. Vivian Sabenciah

June 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm

NIC 2day, NIC 2morrow,NIC 4ever. Come on Africa lets vote for our true African man.

38. Victor Andambi

June 18, 2011 at 3:37 pm

NIC & SHARON O for money.

39. Vivian Sabenciah

June 18, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Congratulation Nic. Job well done for Kenyan men.Keep it real & going n finally bring the money home.

• melanie

June 20, 2011 at 10:42 am

shame he is so out

40. twinkle

June 20, 2011 at 10:07 am

@ the end of the day people like what is real n Karen has that going for her….inspite of all the stereotype she is her self n not boring…..

41. Ezi

June 20, 2011 at 11:46 am

Karen might be someone you’d love to hate but in the end you just can’t help liking her. She’s as real as real can be!

• seewhy

June 20, 2011 at 1:27 pm

yes karen is very real. i like voting for her

42. manefrieni s.n. agwenjang

June 20, 2011 at 9:12 pm

king Lomwe after winning the grand price can u play d lead role in my movie over here i Cameroon.

43. manefrieni s.n. agwenjang

June 20, 2011 at 9:16 pm

lomwe is the realest n d coolest human being in the big brother amplified house. tumbs up bro u are untouchable

44. Chinyere

June 21, 2011 at 8:12 am

Go karen.i luv u

45. juicyjenny

June 21, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Plzzzzzz vote karen,she na correct gurl,she dey try

46. sandra james

June 21, 2011 at 7:57 pm

my vote goes to karen…..we love u girl.

47. lil dayne

June 22, 2011 at 4:08 pm

pls my 9ja people abeg vote karen

48. john i

June 23, 2011 at 6:42 am

Karen is the reason why bigbrother is amplified. Karen represent 9ja. As for vina she is just been fool of herself. Go karen 9ja is by u

• pheri

July 27, 2011 at 2:39 pm

whos tells u dat pony- sta

49. mangwaira

June 23, 2011 at 10:10 am

Vimbai and wendall r here 2 stay

50. phillip chilume makuni

June 26, 2011 at 5:48 pm

i think zeus is playing his game according to the way africa wants

51. phillip chilume makuni

June 26, 2011 at 5:50 pm

luclay beware ur behaviour and ur pride its a disgrace to africa ur days are numbered

52. ugochi anyaka

June 27, 2011 at 5:35 pm

dint like Karen(pls pronounce like Luclay or i go vex) initially. but now, its Karen all the way.

53. pink cheeks

June 28, 2011 at 12:06 pm

Lucklay is watching

54. claudine/cameroon/ub

June 28, 2011 at 6:50 pm

i love alex and karen.i can poisson luclay

55. Anita Akas

June 30, 2011 at 3:41 pm

Africans vote Karen for the money she best deserve the money more than other house, BB minus Karen equals to a boring show.

56. phill noel

July 2, 2011 at 6:50 pm

sharono u are the most beautiful girl bigi has ever had dont worry the cash is urs

57. phill noel

July 2, 2011 at 6:52 pm

hanni i thing ure an angel sent from heaven

58. phill noel

July 2, 2011 at 6:54 pm

lomwe u rock

59. rodrigueseyali

July 6, 2011 at 1:33 pm

K da only Karen u rock the haus and even meeee, K 4eva BIGGYYYYYYYYYYY

60. roza philip

July 14, 2011 at 2:15 pm

i love Zues and karen the two they mach , Mr and Mrs Zeus

61. roza philip

July 14, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Mr and Mrs Zeus , i love Zeus and karen together pliz lets vote Zeus, karenzeeeeeeeeeee

62. joseph k kamkwasi

July 17, 2011 at 10:32 am

lomweeeeeeee!!!4 de mulaaaaaaaa!!!!!o de wayyyyyy!

63. hill joe

July 17, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Lomwe is great and he should stay.

64. EEE.FIVE

July 26, 2011 at 4:41 pm

karen and luclay must win

65. EEE.FIVE

July 26, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Vina will loose because she has no intrest in people she does’nt act he true self

66. tinuke owolabi

July 27, 2011 at 1:08 pm

I PRAY LUCLAY AND KARIN SHOULD. NOT I TIN , BOTH ARE THE WINNER

67. faridah

July 27, 2011 at 2:37 pm

am voting sharon o

68. pheri

July 27, 2011 at 2:39 pm

sharon o 4 e money,biggie announced it

69. Odjigben joy

July 28, 2011 at 3:09 pm

Vina & luclay pls bring d money home,luv u both u re bomb

70. WENDAL