Music

New Video: Blackmagic – Rainbow

I’ll tell you something silly. When I first heard Blackmagic‘s Tomorrow and eventually Rainbow. I figured for how mature his sound is, he’d look something like this:

Siji

Please don’t ask why or how I came to this conclusion. Just accept it. Feel free to NOT laugh at me though. Anyway, Blackmagic has finally put a face behind the good music in this video directed by Tunde Anjorin. His debut album Black Magic 1.0 is due out in August.

1. Yvonne

July 18, 2011 at 9:54 am

When i first heard this song,i was blown away but this video has ruined it! Thankfully,i genuinely like the song so the video wont do much harm but for someone whos hearing Black Magic for the first time,this is a very bad introduction!! Lovely mind blowing song but the video is crap!!

2. aku

July 18, 2011 at 10:31 am

some songs are better left as audios and no videos biko……..he ruined it joo!

3. Sally

July 18, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Ahn ahn…come on guys! The video is very ok-clear shots, simple concept.And love the intro too.I guess we were so in love with d song that we set a really high stàndard for a new act. Good music tho

4. Uche Z.

July 18, 2011 at 12:18 pm

I soooo agree with u Jibola! The music matches d image I had of him too! Love this song and like the simple video too. Is being simple a bad thing now?

5. Tolu Carter

July 18, 2011 at 12:23 pm

Looooooooove the “tomorrow” intro- so different! This is great music! Cool video too…not mindblowing but easy on d eye and away from d champagne popping norm

6. FoxyHalima

July 18, 2011 at 12:27 pm

BlackMagic’s Ankara Pants + African Beads – I like!!!!!!!!!! This is beautiful music by d way

7. BigBen

July 18, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Very bad intro for him in this era, this ruined a near perfect song, concept is flaw, on camera behavior is poor, not a good look…syndik8 why now?

8. cathy

July 18, 2011 at 2:20 pm

complains here and there. nice song #shikena

9. Mytwopennies

July 18, 2011 at 2:45 pm

He has a really unique sound and style and the tune is not bad but he does need better song writers and the video is amateur at best.

10. sportdiva

July 18, 2011 at 3:34 pm

waoh this is a great song, video is fair enuff!

11. anonymous

July 18, 2011 at 4:03 pm

they should have at least gotten a proper stylist for the girls in the video. very nice song tho.

12. Honestly

July 18, 2011 at 8:55 pm

hey Yvonne, i am hearing Black Magic for the first time and it is NOT a bad introduction. Nuttin do this video jare 🙂

13. Mademoiselle

July 19, 2011 at 12:36 am

So what’s wrong with the video? It suits the audio quite well if you ask me. It wasn’t over the top, the song is a chilled song…Anyway, we’re entitled to our opinions.

14. eloho

July 19, 2011 at 12:55 am

this song? this video? SMH! OR am i seeing something else? cuz i’m confused…this is just wrong! #okbye

15. Bisbomz

July 19, 2011 at 9:17 am

Looool jibola is so right about the siji comparison. I am so sad about the video though 🙁 Like i expected something totally different and edgy even. Oh well.

btw i have a crush on this jibola guy, any one know how i can reach him? ;;)

• Atoke

July 19, 2011 at 9:52 am

hi! I’m the mother of Jibola’s 6-month old son. He’s not all that charming when all is said is done. I’d advice you to stay in your lane and park well!!

Thanks 😐

16. Lolade

July 20, 2011 at 6:17 am

@Mytwopennies : “he does need better song writers”??! o_O Pls listen again dear- this has to be one of the BEST written songs this year-if not the best so far! Ok vid too

17. Aisha S.

July 20, 2011 at 6:23 am

“I see the different colors of the rainbow, which one I go take o, all that glitters ain’t gold, it’s all about the ego…Yellow or Purple would be alright but there’s something about green I just can’t hide” … LYRICS TOH BAAHHHDD!!! 😀

18. Wiklo

July 23, 2011 at 8:43 pm

very sensible lyrics n simplicity in video concept that matches….

19. Oladipo Ademola

September 6, 2011 at 2:01 am

I agree about the video not being all that. But the song is lovely.

20. ayo adene

December 5, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Nothing wrong wit d video. Its by far beta dan what 9ice put 2geda 4 d highly anticipated Gongo Aso. This artiste is clearly already in his own league. World Class.