News

Sun Re…Adeola. SMD & Show Dem Camp release Musical Tributes to Adeola Randolph

On the 7th of February 2012, Adeola Randolph passed away after a asthma attack. The young, handsome and dynamic Adeola will be remembered for his kindness and zest for life.

Just a few days ago, a friend wrote a tribute on T1960C where he reminisced on a recent meeting with Adeola…

My job demanded I understood the downstream oil industry, and he was one of the guys I called for advice. He took an hour of his airtime to explain the dynamics of the petrol and diesel importation to me, and when he found me unable to comprehend such ‘simple’ matters over the phone; we met up somewhere in Victoria Island for a lesson. By the way, he paid for my drinks too. That was quintessential Randy B.

His cousin, SMD was inspired to write two tracks as well as complete a track that Adeola had worked on. His friends from Lucci and Show Dem Camp who coincidentally alongside Adeola were part of a musical group – COV while they were students of Coventry University in the UK also released a track dedicated to Adeola, fondly known as Randy B.

One Day
[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/SDC-for-Adeola-Randolph-One-Day.mp3]
Download

Why
[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Why-Adeola-kwame-Randolph-tribute.mp3]
Download

My Best Friend
[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/My-Best-Friend-SMD-Adeola-Randolph-Tribute.mp3]
Download

Dreamin’
[audio:https://www.bellanaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Dreamin-SMD-Adeola-Randolph-Tribute.mp3]
Download

Rest in Peace Adeola
19th May 1979 to 7th February 2012

~ Living in the Sky

1. MAMA PUT

February 27, 2012 at 8:59 am

Such a sad story! Beautiful song though

2. folake

February 27, 2012 at 9:22 am

lovely songs. how can we get them?

3. Akins Akinkugbe

February 27, 2012 at 9:43 am

living in the sky…. someone said life goes on… I said to them it does but its hard… Still cant believe you are gone. I miss you bro.. every single day. Its comforting to know that you are with God. Rest in perfect peace.. Randy B!!!

4. sandra

February 27, 2012 at 10:34 am

RIP ADEOLA, SO SAD

5. I talk am

February 27, 2012 at 11:18 am

Eyaaaaaaaaa

6. mrs G

February 27, 2012 at 11:53 am

rip adeola, a great guy who didn’t discriminate he treated everyone w love…. life is way too short,only if we’ll all understand this fact & live life the way God wants us to, i feel so sad for deola,but i thank God he lived well,lets all drop grudges,be happy… move on,be better people… don’t judge anyone 4 no 1 is perfect & u never can tell when death will come knocking…..

7. melzy

February 27, 2012 at 12:11 pm

may his soul rest in perfect peace.Amen

8. Sobs

February 27, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Very sad indeed. Didnt know him personally but i know how it feels to lose someone very close….My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and close friends during this time of grief. May his soul RIP

9. Beediva

February 27, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Jesus christ ! jxt saw a wedding pix where he best d groom…may his soul rest in peace

10. StanOba

February 27, 2012 at 2:06 pm

My friend my brother I would never usually comment on a site about anything . Because it’s you I must , that’s the impact you had and still have on so many people it was a pleasure to have you in my life and I can’t thank you enough for being who you are , a friend , brother and an uncle to my children your memory lives on always . Rest in peace Adeola

11. minnie

February 27, 2012 at 3:29 pm

rip so sad 🙁

12. immaculette

February 27, 2012 at 3:41 pm

young blood….gone to soon. RIP my brother

13. Personal tuvs

February 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm

14. Brownsugah

February 27, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Sad story!!!! Too sadd! Rest in Peace, Deola in a place where there is no pain!

15. Dami_blinks

February 27, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Shocked!!! RIP…

16. ifeoma n.

February 27, 2012 at 5:50 pm

rest in my peace. am really shocked. death is no respecter of persons. just live your life in the way that pleases God cos u dont know when He might call you.

17. Young Swag

February 27, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Too weak to comment

18. LB

February 27, 2012 at 7:21 pm

***tears*** Miss you Kwame 🙁

19. spicy

February 27, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I didn’t know this handsome young man but hearing his friends tributes brought tears to my eyes….Only God knows why he decided to take you home so early but may you rest in peace Adeola Randolph, you looked so handsome and dashing at your friend’s wedding,you must have set many female hearts aflutter that day:) I pray God sends his comforter to your family and friends. Sun re

20. S.M.D

February 27, 2012 at 9:58 pm

1979 to eternity. never early, never late but always at God’s time, and may He find us in His Grace when he calls. KWAME I LOVE YOU I MISS YOU AND I KNOW WHERE YOU’RE AT, that’s why i’ve started working towards getting there…..will see you again when GOD CALLS.

21. Tola Odunsi

February 28, 2012 at 2:01 am

Adeola my brother I miss you everyday . . Even our BBM group is almost boring without your daily jokes . . .I can picture you saying “so all you guys love guyz. . Seen!”
    Thanks for the lovely memories . . .I only wish there were many more to come . .RIP bro . . . . .and yea guys love you bro.

22. Niyi Muyi

February 28, 2012 at 7:52 am

Knew him for just a while. Friendly, jovial and easy going is how I can describe him. Rest in peace!

23. LSF

February 28, 2012 at 1:26 pm

The pain in my heart at you being gone, in the short time I had you in my life makes me wonder how your family members are coping. I only hope the Lord who saw fit to take you provides comfort for the heavy hearts you left behind. RIP Adeola you will forever live in our hearts.

24. Gabriella Randolph

February 28, 2012 at 2:01 pm

3 weeks and it still feels like yesterday…i love you forever Ade… i miss you a lot and i cant wait to see you again. #livinginthesky #blacktuesday

25. Disbabe

February 28, 2012 at 2:45 pm

RIP my prayers go out to your family

26. ella

February 29, 2012 at 9:33 am

Rest in Peace…Life is but a journey we that are still alive should take this time to Reflect . If it was me what would people say about me and where would I end up ?

27. Anita

February 29, 2012 at 10:10 am

RIP to a wonderful friend and colleague….we miss you every second, the rising star of AMG petroenergy. Ade, God be with you til we meet again. Memories all we’ve got now…..

28. Nina

February 29, 2012 at 9:04 pm

RIP Adeola, May God grant you eternal rest and grant your family and loved one the fortitude to bear the loss. God bless.

29. Nore

March 1, 2012 at 1:18 pm

…even the best writer with the best words cant describe what losing you means to us. Rest in Peace my brother. Love Always! you know now ; )

30. Yetunde

March 1, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Still can’t believe u r gone! Seems like a recurring bad dream that always ends the same way, u gone. I remember ur laugh especially & that infectious smile. If only u realised how much u touched pples lives. I pray the Lord comforts ur family & all u friends as we all try to make sense of a world without u. RIP Adeola!!!

31. layo

March 2, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I don’t know you but i just saw ur friend’s wedding and saw this link. The tribute written by ur friend and all the wonderful comments by ur loved ones brought tears to my eyes and also made me rethink and retrace my life. I pray that God will continue to console ur family, friends and loved ones. RIP Adeola.

32. coughyloc

March 2, 2012 at 7:24 pm

RIP KOBE Miss you man….. the fifth original member of SDC…. Still brings tears to my eyes man.

33. Sola

March 6, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Didn’t know you but it’s ‘good’ to see how much impact you made while alive.
    Continue to rest in peace…

34. T. Adams

March 10, 2012 at 10:19 am

Never knew you until d day i saw your pictures on some of my BBM contacts with “R.I.P”. I was so shocked and deeply pained (cos I recently lost a dear friend too who was even younger) that I started to chat with all those people to find out what happened. When i saw your obituary in Punch I felt like i knew you already and no one had to remind me its the same guy from the dps. Seeing your pictures from your friend’s wedding again i was double sure its you then i saw a confirmation which was the picture of where you made a toast( same picture in Punch). There’s no need to be told you were so full of life. I know Ive written too much for a stranger but I feel really sad and I wish I knew you in life. May God grant your family and friends the strength to move on. Rest in Peace.

35. Lanre Lambo

March 27, 2012 at 3:25 pm

So much testimony about this young man> So so sad. May the Lord help us and teach us to number our days in Jesus’ name.

36. T.

April 2, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I knew Adeola and his family in London, his sister and I attended the same college and were quite close. He was always so lovely, polite and gracious. Ever so helpful. He was very good freinds with my brother, they had a tight knit group and remained so. So when I learnt about Adeola’s passing away, it saddened me.
    Randy B. you are missed. May God grant your family the fortitude to bear the loss. Franni, Jake and your parents are all in my prayers. May God bless you all.

37. Lucci

January 11, 2013 at 10:35 am

Miss u bro…sooo sooo sad Kobain…time can never mend this pain…Suun’re o (sleep well)…God bless you