News

Bye-Bye Goldie! Africa Bids Farewell to Big Brother StarGame Evictee

Goldie

After a tremendous run on the hit reality show Big Brother Africa StarGame, our very own pop sensation Goldie has been evicted.

The 29 year old award winning Nigerian artiste who was the only housemate left in the Big Brother house to keep the Nigerian flag flying surely got the whole of Africa entertained for 10 weeks.

Before the results of this week’s evictions were released, South African Upville housemate Keagan had to face his fellow housemates and reveal his “Save and Replace” decision. He told Ugandan Upville housemate Kyle that he had been put on the chopping block, thereby causing more tension in the house. When it was later announced that Goldie would be leaving the show, the pop star who was wearing an outfit from her Say My Name video which was featured here on BellaNaija, simply just walked out.

In days leading to the eviction, Goldie who had a huge fight with her close confidant and fellow housemate Prezzo was in a sober mood. She later told Big Brother that she did not want to spend the last three hours of her stay in the house, fighting with the love of her life. After her eviction, Prezzo  followed her to the eviction doors and had one final conversation saying “I’m sorry about earlier. Can I get a hug?” Goldie seemed to mull over her decision for a bit, but then relented.

Goldie & I.K. Osakioduwa

On stage, Big Brother host I.K. Osakioduwa showed Goldie how the housemates cast their votes and when Ghanaian Upville housemate Keitta revealed that he was nominating Goldie for eviction because he thinks she is still acting for the cameras, the pop star broke down in tears telling I.K. that ” I just felt because we were both from West Africa and we thought we had an understanding. I cooked for Keitta everyday, I helped make his hair”.

Watch Goldie On Stage

Goldie will surely be missed by Africans.

1. tbn

July 16, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Good bye goldie, good riddance to you! You didn’t impress me one bit and I’m happy to see you go…

• Lesbian gal

July 16, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Goldie its was a TERRIBLE experience and a Military TORTURE 4me n many odas watching ur VERY STUPID ass and LAME and TIMID personality live on international TV for ova 70 days. I wish not 2 set my eyes on u eva in my lifetime. GudBye.

2. kellyf baby

July 16, 2012 at 12:59 pm

understanding cos your both west african?? hmmm…. kpele

my advice to Goldie is to return to Nigeria at night o via night bus….. quietly. end of.

3. Ginika

July 16, 2012 at 1:04 pm

We are happy that you finally get to see your family and the footage of Prezzo kissing Zainab, and nominating you.

4. cathy

July 16, 2012 at 1:05 pm

koboko dey wait for you ni

5. Jay b

July 16, 2012 at 1:05 pm

LOL… see face like person wey train hit

6. MEE

July 16, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Too much mills and boon behaviou if you ask me. Just come home osiso. I really cant believe there are still people like you on this earth. But wait oh….. true true were you being your real self???

• sleekness

July 19, 2012 at 3:28 pm

lol… they really do still exist… silly and filled with folly

7. Me

July 16, 2012 at 1:25 pm

She acted a fool! Disn’t she watch the past Big Brother shows? this was the same thing that happened to Karen by ALex from Ghana! she was taking him as her West African brother, unknown to her, he was nominating her. The same love games Luclay pulled on Karen, but the babe was too smart for that. The difference here is that Karen is a street-wise sharp, and correct Naija babe! Goldie on the other hand was ruined by her own emotions. She ought to have learned from the best! which was Karen!!

• LYNN

July 17, 2012 at 10:42 am

When Goldie saved Prezzo and put Keitta on the chopping board was that fine….Pay back is just a bitch so pls let KEITTA BE….lol

8. paul

July 16, 2012 at 1:28 pm

i don tire for goldie..abeg come home jo..whining like she is 2yr old….www.giantcomfort.com

9. Me

July 16, 2012 at 1:30 pm

Every Nigerian that goes on BBA is seen as the ultimate threat. If only they have this knowledge at the back of their mind b4 entering the BBA house, their stay will be alot better. Ghanian contestants in BBA house always see their Nigerian counterpart as a big threat! take it or leave it! and it does not matter how nice they act towards you, don’t fall for it!!!

• AUDREY

July 16, 2012 at 1:53 pm

errmmmm Madam,when your Goldie put up Keitta for eviction in place of Prezzo,at that time was Keitta from South East Asia? Abeg please spare us the Nigeria is a threat speech. the brother did what he had to.

• Abs

July 16, 2012 at 7:46 pm

I ain’t a fan of BBA but thank you so much for this. Let’s Ghana sleep! I’m a Ghanaian but that doesn’t give me the license to go around always looking for Nigerians to put down at the least opportunity. Each individual to his own not their country of origin. end of.

• bel

July 16, 2012 at 1:59 pm

I beg jor!!!,, you cooked for him so freaking wat?????,,, i guess u forgot u both were from west africa wen you replaced Prezzo with him,, idoit,, mumu,, thank you for disgracing us.. big gal like you acting like you neva see man before.. Abi men no dey naija.. dis worwor de worwor dat you wer going crazy about,,, am sorry for you sef,, MUMU gal,… its gud u were sacked jor,, i gues africa got tired of watchin u…

• P

July 16, 2012 at 3:08 pm

na true you talk.

• Adaeze

July 16, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Too bad she forgot, she replace Keitta for Prezzo when she was head of house, crying? for what? u were just a disgrace to Naija and West Africa

10. anonymous

July 16, 2012 at 1:31 pm

U r both from West Africa! U cooked for him! So frigging what? Did u think about all that when you replaced Prezzo with Keitta? Anyway, welcome back home and enjoy watching the scene where Prezzo nominated you for eviction!

11. ruby

July 16, 2012 at 1:36 pm

So sad to see you go goldie..no matter what i am still proud of you

12. Chidinma

July 16, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Its not wrong to Lovebesides the heart doesnt choose who to Love. In my opinion its PREZZOS LOSE

13. Eme

July 16, 2012 at 1:56 pm

Goldiee did not only broke τ̲̅ђe records of nija not carrying last, she rubbish our name in τ̲̅ђe process by falling inluv wit dat irritating ugly goat prezzo…well ‎​i blame τ̲̅ђe man dat broke her heart b4 entering BB house…feel pity yet angry @ her 4 acting so silly!

14. jd

July 16, 2012 at 2:10 pm

after watchn wot ds mumu goldie did, i only respect karen even more..karen ws just a gangstar sharp chic..whoever chose goldie to go rep nigeria did a big mistake. and besides with d way she acts all hard with her music one wld only think shes dat strong at heart. she fall my hand finish!!

15. Faithlinks

July 16, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Oh, its so sad to see Goldie go, she was a good girl with a kind heart…however her greatest flaw was falling inlove with the wrong person at the wrong place and time, but then we are still humans

• Honey

July 16, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Thank u Faithlinks. U re a really understanding woman. Love sometimes is a foolish thing. Goldie is a nice girl, she only had a wrong choice of love.

16. tee

July 16, 2012 at 2:30 pm

goldie u r such an irriteee……………..ode very annoying. thank you Africans for evicting her so she an come and salvage what is left of her personality. crying anyhow na wah oooo i tot she is a star????????

17. kenny

July 16, 2012 at 2:33 pm

laugh ma head off @ worwor de worwor……nna, no be small tin for this love struck Goldie…..she dey vex me sef…*long hiss*

18. Toyosi

July 16, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Goldie Goldie Goldie poor girl. She’s too sensitive. She needs a thicker skin for her industry

19. kay

July 16, 2012 at 2:54 pm

abeg make una free goldie she don cry enuf.lol!!!!!!

20. amy

July 16, 2012 at 2:59 pm

she 4 no go dis big broda, really, u lost all de lil respect u had b4, Goldie u jst ddnt impress anyone one bit, u messed up big time, even on stage wen u were abt 2 leave, u started cryin ova keitta, did u 4get wat u did 2 him?…..pls, stay in south africa 4 at least 1 month 4 things 2 kool off, the gravity of ur mess is heavy!

21. bobo

July 16, 2012 at 3:07 pm

one wetin?…..she stay there for the rest of the year,…..bags of sachet water/pure water is waiting 2 be thrown at u, kai!…..u just did the finally mumu, …u go carry nonsense clothes enter biggy house, see as those small gals use dressing finish u, u no get clothes for house?….rep, u no represent us, dress well naa, no way, u wore rubbish, make sure u burn those rags wen u get home,go carry kitchen 4 head, u be house maid? yet lady may was their best cook, so they say,………jst give ur life 2 God!

22. christy

July 16, 2012 at 3:13 pm

This s pure acting,and you guys are all taking it seriously.in between I luv d song “say my name”her voice s awesome,you should I hate????

23. dee

July 16, 2012 at 3:26 pm

hmmnn, naija’s lady gaga turned mumu gaga

24. kendra zuhair

July 16, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Goldieeeeeeeeee… There’s dis big guy in the PR world! I think his name is Charles O’tudor! He runs ADSTRAT. He is the best in PR in nigeria. If that fails ask for Kim Kardashian’s PR folks or better still Angelina Jolie’s PR team. From what I know, their pr teams are really effective. Fire the person that has been handling your twitter feed. And since you are so soft, quit d internet completely (read my suggestions first sha). I hope my few tips hav been able to help?
    P.S if you need kim kardashian’s contact, there’s that governor’s daughter that’s friend’s with Malika Haqq who is friend’s with Khloe Kardashian who is kim’s sister. Go to her boutique nd ask.
    OR…
    Call Davido; both of you are musicians(@least u both were before dis big brother debacle) his sister is friend’s with Lala who is friend’s with kim kardashian (shorter route I believe).
    Sadly I dnt kno anyone who knows Angelina Jolie! 🙁

I sincerely hope I’ve been able to help.

• Me

July 16, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Whats with all this I know Kim Kardarshian, I know Khloe and Lamar Odom, I know Malika! please enough already. Spare us all this name dropping. And to add to your long list, me too Kris Jenner who is the mother of all PR staunts is my mum’s friend. So then, come to me!! mtshhhew!

• Lolan

July 16, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Abeg Charles Otudor’s time has past. There are better forward thinking PR execs

• wow

July 17, 2012 at 8:29 am

wow lmao funny suggestion you’ve got and it’s quite silly too.

• Leesah

July 17, 2012 at 10:53 am

LMFAO, you just made my day by your comment. thumbs up

• da babe

July 23, 2012 at 4:58 pm

omg…u guys are cracking me up!cant stop laughing at ur comment.lmao

25. austin

July 16, 2012 at 3:44 pm

see massive hateration for dis wonderful chic…. She jst went there to prove to us dat she is as real as real can be. And for this baby, i love u more…. One shldnt live a fake life simply bcos she is a celeb. Am sure if goldie was not goldie, peopke wnt be hating on her dis much… Abeg make una leave d gurl jor, she has been d life of d party in big brother.. Well now dat u guys have pulled her outta d house, can u let her be plss… I love u goldie, no matter wat. I have not been following ur music buh bcos of this massive hateration towards u, i will be ur number one fan… Believe that..

Ps – beats me why a girl will always wanna put her fellow gurl down…. I know wat thes same gurls said abt karen wen she was in d house last yr.. most girls are unbelieveable mehn.. Smh

26. onyx

July 16, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Goldie is 29? Really? I thought cry baby was 10 with the way she was just bursting every minute like a burst pipe. Wonder if that chick still got any liquid in her again.

27. Bella

July 16, 2012 at 3:58 pm

kwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa… as usual BN thank you for making my day o. Mondays can be such a drag ..

28. Tobechidaniel

July 16, 2012 at 4:06 pm

Never watched the show but heard a lot of things about Goldie and most of them bad.It was a game show people, relax on the insults some.

29. cyndy

July 16, 2012 at 4:15 pm

goldie is just brainless actress,who does things and forget.that girl if i c her myself God know i will finish,she has just shown how timid she is.GOLDIE i wished were not in the game at all becos u disgraced d entire nation.i think if u check well maybe she is naija wannabe.

30. Mysterious!

July 16, 2012 at 4:20 pm

GOLDIE!!!!! Guess you forgot that Keitta was your West African brother when you saved a married man for him!!!!! Welcome back to reality. Guess you watch and hear what you so called lover has to say about you. Grow up! you are in the entertainment industry.

31. faith

July 16, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Goldie pls shut up abt the west Africa brother shit…. U̶̲̥̅̊ disgraced yorself n womanhood in D̶̲̥̅̊α† house n am glad τ̅☺ see U̶̲̥̅̊ come home.

32. arma

July 16, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Its so sad to see u go goldieee cos I really luv u bt I hate dt u chose dt fugly lookin Prezzo who ws playin u right frm d very beginning cos if nt 4 u he wld ve bn out of d house long ago its so sad dt u ended up payin d price. As for Keita he did wat evry1 is supposed to do u swapped him wit prezzo rmbr?

33. Tolu

July 16, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Chei! this Goldie haff suffer o! I was pissed at her before but with all this vexing going around and all her tears, abeg i don free the girl. Guys, let’s go easy on her o! she didnt kill anybody. Goldie, abeg stick to the bad-girl music and carnival costumes ok?

34. Christopher Okoro

July 16, 2012 at 4:40 pm

bye Goldie, you did your best

35. Audio

July 16, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Really….?????babes una dey surprise me ooo. truthfully speaking most babes I know don f- up for real life pass goldie so if u have nothing good to say about a chic that showed u her real self then u got plenty plenty problems.. infact a lot opf u making silly comments here are even bigger cry cry babies than goldie….grow up or better still shut the gaping hole on ya face.

36. Sino-b

July 16, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Poor goldie i feel for u now that u hv to face the world again after all that happened

37. UsaveOne

July 16, 2012 at 5:11 pm

Goldie is best fit as an actress…why all these goddie goddie type of acting? Mtscheeww!
    Anyway all lines are busy pls try again later…

Goodluck Goldie and thanks for trying! Have a wonderful time dear!

Check: http://usaveone.blogspot.com

38. Nonye

July 16, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Bia Goldie go back and bring that flag you gave away o! ah ah! how can u dash out our flag i na apu ara??

39. Yinda

July 16, 2012 at 5:53 pm

One word *HOT MESS*

40. Lesbian gal

July 16, 2012 at 5:58 pm

U can see “Good girl no dey pay”. Bad gurls Rock.

41. Wee

July 16, 2012 at 6:02 pm

As much as I couldn’t watch Goldie in the house most of the time without feeling like grabbing her if I could and shaking some sense into her, I’m of the opinion that the public is being a little too harsh on her.
    She was herself,even if a bit immature and theatrical. Watching her, I sensed a serious need for love and constant revalidation. Did anyone notice her message from home was only from friends in her music industry and no family? She showed signs of craving protection/security which I think is why she hung on to Prezzo so much, as she couldn’t even profess love for him. ‘I thank God for you’…
    I think she needs to know she is a valuable and blessed child of God and grow/mature in that knowledge. You went into a GAME, Africa (not God) voted you out, be objective and accept the game you willingly entered into.
    In my opinion, it was a bad move going into the house, for otherwise, your tough girl cover in your chosen musical career would have remained a believable identity.
    Nevertheless, KEEP UR HEAD UP, and don’t breakdown at every hint of criticism or antagonism.
    Build on your strengths, work on your weaknesses like everyone needs to, including your harshest judges!

• Lolan

July 16, 2012 at 6:35 pm

You did not see her family because he is loaded as hell. Goldie Harvey is married to the Chevron Harvey but she keeps it on the down low

• Tayo

July 16, 2012 at 6:46 pm

You make so much sense, people are shouting as if it is a crime to show love and fall in love, maybe its our typical naija attitude when any sign of humanity is seen as a weakness. I hope Goldie will work on weaknesses and build on your strengths, to all the critics, what have you done with your life?.Goldie is only 28 and more than 40% of Nigerians know her either for good or bad, people know her, does anybody know your name?. I know they get paid for appearance on the show, so in all she gets paid, plus more Africans have been exposed to her work, I wont be surprised if she gets invited to shows outside Nigeria. ..

• sweetie

July 17, 2012 at 7:34 am

this has to be the most mature, sweetest comment so far.God bless you for this. I didn’t watch the show but with the way people are being so mean and hateful here is bothersome. I guess she was VERY annoying and at some point y;all wanted to give her a good slap but, how many of you females insulting her can boldly say you have never done something profoundly stupid because you were ”in love” ??! anyway, i wish her the best in life , hope she finds the love she so obviously craves in the right time, with the right person, by God’s grace.

42. Jen

July 16, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Hmmm, I wonder what she saw in Prezzo cos dang, that guy ain’t fine n ain’t sexy in the least. It seems poor Goldie is emotionally very needy. Something is seriously wrong. I guess she forgot that she swapped Keitta for Prezzo,who has just been using her.

43. tobi

July 16, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Hmmmm, Nice 1 Wee…

44. aproko

July 16, 2012 at 8:26 pm

In the history of BBA and Naija….this **GOLDEN** #not-goldie-o has been the worst representative. She should watch the play backs and see how she will even irritate herself talk-more of poor us #sore-eyes! Pass me the mic joor….

45. tee

July 16, 2012 at 9:39 pm

all the big brother contestants this year are just losers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

46. brownie

July 16, 2012 at 9:49 pm

Goldie abeg branch Togo,naija nor dey miss u

47. LOLS

July 16, 2012 at 9:57 pm

GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

48. ayo la

July 16, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Her behaviour in the house didn’t bother me so much, cos I don’t particularly care about the darn show. My only irritation is she couldn’t just get herself together on the stage. All that crying and wailing was just annoying and embarassing. D guys in d audience were even laughing

49. naa

July 16, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Nothing has amazed me more in the past few weeks than goldie’s comments about’west-african connection and cooking for keitta’.. against the backdrop that she replaced loverboy prezzo with Keitta. I’m amazed she forgot that!!!

50. naa

July 16, 2012 at 10:39 pm

O prezzo prezzo is that all I am to u prezzo, just friends? O prezzo, prezzo.. When she watches the footages of prezzo nominating her over & over she can use the cooking, massaging, connection, bond, ties, understanding lines on him instead.

51. naa

July 16, 2012 at 10:39 pm

& somebody up there actually said ghanaians c anybody as a threat. Whoever it was obviously missed the show the day Goldie saved prezzo and put keitta in his place

52. obah

July 16, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Enough of the hate words and critisim,many pple r quick to throw insults at her becos of what? Exactly,never assume to be in her shoes wen ur nt some of u wld ve done worse,she represented the way she knows best and she was herself,at least the show has made me know the softhearted person she is.

53. princess onyeukwu

July 16, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Don’t touch my body……………………..wao. Giving it out for free of charge, I feel for her sha oooo.

54. sunny j

July 17, 2012 at 3:27 am

bba fan stop all dis lament i think dis is game,someone has 2 win dis dou,anybody can b nominated 4 eviction,stop blaming who nominate n who was nominated dont 4get dat there will b a last man standing.

55. ayobami funmilope

July 17, 2012 at 9:42 am

It painful,thought she would be Nigeria top list.

56. Seun

July 17, 2012 at 10:07 am

Pele o Goldie. I never watched the show but people seem to be so vexed with you. However, pls go easy on the hating people, shez still a star, howbeit an emotional one

57. STEPHEN

July 17, 2012 at 11:05 am

bIG bROTHER AFRICA DARE NIGERIAN
    DSTV SALES?

58. Ms Willaims

July 17, 2012 at 11:24 am

She’s married and she still went on to misbehave like that with prezzo? Na wa o.

59. NKELLY

July 17, 2012 at 11:29 am

Welcome back Goldie, you just didnt give it your best @ all, whats with the crying and wailings? watch the clipse again and see what you did right and wrong, you were just too emotional about a lot of things . Wish you all the best

60. destiny

July 17, 2012 at 11:41 am

its so unfortunate dat she forgot its a game.she left herself got carried away by love.Now she wat her emotions have caused her.shame to u Goddie.ds is not the rite way to get a husband.

• ritzmisan

July 17, 2012 at 12:38 pm

hmm… gently cast your stones! for you may be put to the test one day even if you are not a known person like goldie. it only goes to show one thing about her… She bleeds and loves like everyone else despite being the “hard exterior” you see in her videos. And who says it was a husband thingy? the beef haba!!!

61. harrison

July 17, 2012 at 12:37 pm

goldie f- up,big time

62. Nkem

July 17, 2012 at 3:25 pm

i was very upset at her attitude but seeing all these comments i feel for you dear, i cannot even imagine being in your shoes right now, i wish you the best,let the past be the past, just move on and be better, u really made loads of mistakes on that show bit its all good, you re human

63. Chy

July 17, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Goldie, watu will know is dat nobody is perfect all l have to tell u is pls don’t stop being ur good self cos in one way or the other u will surly get your reward for all ur kind heart u show to pple.

64. looking gud

July 18, 2012 at 10:59 am

na husband u dey fine or fame. idiot.

65. angie

July 18, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Goldie is one person with the most loving heart and i think she was highly misunderstood by ppl. Prezzo and his wife separated a loooong time ago so he is not a married man as ppl claim. i still think they made bba7 worth watching. i will sure miss prego .For sho for shizze

66. od

July 18, 2012 at 2:28 pm

atleast she surely has a big heart this lady!nwdays it s very hard to find women who are like her..even though shes was blinded by luv jus lik every women around she is jus fun and lovely to be around with…go goldie!!

67. opeyemi

July 18, 2012 at 2:42 pm

i think people are rather being too hard on goldee, the only reason y this could be happening is that we all expected too much from her inferring from her crazy videos. the only thing i see rather disturbing about her is that she is way too emotional for the house and she became a victim of love, she fell in love in an hopeless place and that could happen to any lady, i must confess apart from her stupidity i still love her, she has a clean heart and was real, my advice to u goldee is that you should never displease ur self to please someone else cos u cant please the world, i can imagine hw hard it is for you now buh believe in usef and move on.MANY men would ve seen you on this show and believe me u will get married soon cos the smart ones would see a wife in u .

68. Oluchi

July 18, 2012 at 4:13 pm

Goldie!!!!!!!!!!!, You yab, You fall hand too much. Come back jo and watch how that otondo Prezzo use your head. You no behave like Nija babe at all. Next shine time, you go ur eyes well, well.

69. Oluchi

July 18, 2012 at 4:16 pm

I mean say, next time shine your eyes well, well.

70. sunshine

July 18, 2012 at 4:49 pm

so much hate!!so lil’ luv!! na wa for una o! all for the purveyor of perversity BBA!! when they say u pple should come out and speak on important issues, una go kawa like worthless cowards, if 2 say na olympics she go nko!! she for change citizenship cos i sure say some pple go wan kill am! please free and go find sumfin btr to do instead of hating

71. sharon

July 19, 2012 at 12:05 am

goldie u fall naija hand big time

72. cofid

July 19, 2012 at 5:08 pm

Chai! too many haters, i think this is just enof. I was pissed at a time buh mehn she’s human and still under going lessons it cld have been anybody….so please lets take it easy on her and encourage her for a better fulfilling career, Goldie its not the end of the World I’m sure life has a better package for you its just a journey taking you gradually to your destination…..wish you loads of luck in your career ahead…Mr Cofid

73. birdieblue22

July 21, 2012 at 12:14 pm

chai!! BN readers are mean oooo!! First and foremost its just a game!! I just wish Goldie knew herself enough to know she couldn’t handle the game emotionally.