Music

BN Bytes: Watch Iyanya’s Acoustic Cover of Craig David’s “Rendezvous” on Ego Fix TV

Iyanya‘s “Kukere” and “Ur Waist” have been raving the clubs since they dropped but the MTN Project Fame West Africa winner reminds us about his first love, R&B, as he covers Craig David‘s “Rendezvous” for Ego Fix TV.

Check on it!

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. signature

September 20, 2012 at 12:33 pm

ooh dear iyanya,
    as my ears tickled at the sound of your voice, and my eyes fixated on the reflection of the camera man on your ray ban looking shades, i discovered i had a huuuuge crush on you, and i am writing this heartfelt comment to ask you lets rendevous woohoo! *boobie dance* 😛

2. Janet

September 20, 2012 at 12:34 pm

This dude can sing, I’ve been following him since he won project fame and I am a huge fan, but please someone should tell him this new stupid fake American accent he has picked up doesn’t suit him at all. Abegi keep your Naija accent! That’s why I like genevieve, as big as she is she doesn’t do all this fake American/British accent

3. cathy

September 20, 2012 at 12:46 pm

love it

4. Missasokoro

September 20, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Very nice actually.

5. oyin

September 20, 2012 at 5:30 pm

Oh, he can sing, he tried. So, tired of these auto tune crap taking over the Naija industry. Btw, Rendezvous is my favorite song by Craig David, second by I’m walking away. I miss him, we need the real R&B back.

6. Dee-USA

September 20, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Hmmm….OK, as someone who never got to watch Project Fame or whatever, this is my first time hearing this guy use his vocals, and all I can say is don’t waste it boo. I watched your interview with Toolz and heard why you switched to songs like Kukere. I understand it. But you can have songs like that as your singles or to draw attention to your album, but I hope you won’t abandon the traditional R&B route and waste this beautiful voice.

@Janet, again, I don’t know the guy from Adam, but what is fake about his accent? I basing this entirely on the interview with Toolz cos that’s the only time I’ve seen or heard him talk. He just spoke eloquently. Of cos he didn’t sound like he grew up in the villa, or doesn’t have some strong Calabar accent, but he also didn’t sound like someone experimenting with phonetics. And trust me, I’ve heard a lot of bad phonetics even from people living in the U.S. Even Genevieve’s accentuation has changed a bit since her early days of acting. She doesn’t sound ‘razz,’ but she also isn’t over the top. I strongly disagree with anyone who’s expecting our guys to sound ratchet like D’banj (who apparently didn’t sound anything as razz as he does now when he was in Navy Abeokuta) or even Tuface, mispronouncing words on purpose so you can identify with your local area boys and sound more “Nigerian.” Last time I checked, most of us were raised speaking English as a first language in educated households.

7. kiki

September 21, 2012 at 5:46 am

awww…very nice

8. Lola

September 23, 2012 at 9:57 am

This just made him 1000 times sexier.