News

“The Blurred Line Between Sanity & Insanity” – Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde pushes the boundaries in “AMINA” – Movie Set to Premiere in London on the 17th of October 2012

Nigerian actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde is set to light up the screen this October in London’s West End, as she plays the title role of Amina in the movie, AMINA.

AMINA, is a deeply emotional and dramatic story with the overriding themes of love, loss and redemption. It is the story  of a gifted young woman who suffers a complete breakdown after a series of life changing events. She finds herself incarcerated in a mental hospital and the only person who can help her is her doctor (played by Wil Johnson). However, the doctor himself has to overcome his own demons before he can help Amina confront her past.

This gripping movie, told in a sequence of flashbacks, was shot in London. It was written, produced and directed by Christian Ashaiku.
The movie which has been dubbed “the first British movie starring Nollywood’s most bankable actress and Ghana’s biggest male star”  stars Van Vicker, Will Johnson, Vincent Reagan & Alisson Carroll.

The world premiere of the movie is scheduled for Wednesday the 17th October 2012 at the Empire Cinema, Leicester Square, London.

Watch the trailer here.

For more information about the movie visit Website

1. Guuurl!!!

September 10, 2012 at 11:30 am

Please let us know when it premiers in Lagos. Thank you

2. dami

September 10, 2012 at 11:50 am

wow!!! i cant wait this, really wanna see the character interpretation of Amina by the talented thespian Omotola, surely going to be interesting

3. Trendysturvs

September 10, 2012 at 11:54 am

Yeah, lets know when it premiers in lag.

4. david

September 10, 2012 at 11:54 am

Our adorable Omotola out again with a hit! no wonder she doesn’t appear in just any for the sake of being relevant. Her name alone is making me too anxiously anticipating to see this movie…

5. abiola

September 10, 2012 at 11:59 am

with the screen goddess omotola starring in this movie, i am certainly going to see it cos am pretty sure it will be interesting.

6. Oloriseun

September 10, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Cool

7. tope

September 10, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I don’t want to be told at all, i have to find my way to London before that day and arrange how to get see this premier in London.

8. williams

September 10, 2012 at 12:07 pm

hmmmmmm with the short story line, i must confess that i am looking forward to seeing this movie when it eventually comes out to cinemas here in Nigeria

9. huh?

September 10, 2012 at 12:14 pm

Dry

10. debby

September 10, 2012 at 12:16 pm

The blurred line between sanity and insanity? can’t wait to see how omotola play out the character, am pretty sure am going to this cos she’s always passionate and always bringing out her best in terms of character interpretation.

11. simisola

September 10, 2012 at 12:19 pm

That is our evergreen actress doing it big once more, for sure i will see this movie.

12. kayode

September 10, 2012 at 12:28 pm

I was not disappointed with Last Flight to Abuja, am sure am not going to be with this one

13. mary

September 10, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Apart from the fact that the ever sexy Omosexy is in this movie, the name Amina also got my attention, don’t know why but i will definitely see it.

14. kunle

September 10, 2012 at 12:37 pm

with so much love from an ardent fan if you ever get to read this omotola, you will always remain my favorite.

15. esther

September 10, 2012 at 12:40 pm

pls ooooo, really let us know when the Lagos premier will happen cos i wanna see my girl omotola doing what she knows how to d best.

16. angela

September 10, 2012 at 12:45 pm

that is great, i will be in London for vacation by then, this premier is going straight into my to-do-list.

17. hamed

September 10, 2012 at 12:48 pm

chai!!! after long stay in the industry, this woman is still relevant, doing big things, remaining a force to reckon with, i must say that i envy her. good luck to her

18. Seun

September 10, 2012 at 12:50 pm

this is gonna be goooood! ****rubbing palms together in glee and grinning from ear to ear.

Cant wait to see it in Naija!

19. Bukki

September 10, 2012 at 1:00 pm

I saw this one time on websites and I remember it was on bella too and I remember it became a war zone .lol,I like Omotola , no make that a Looove, I like wil johnson,I remember him from waking the dead… Looks like a really intentional movie.Will support and hopefully enjoy.loved last flight to abuja.trust omotola’s choices.

20. remi

September 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm

Keep doing it big omotola, we love you and your good work.

21. chima

September 10, 2012 at 1:21 pm

no one does it better like this woman, i so much have lots of respect for her.

22. cathy

September 10, 2012 at 1:33 pm

omosexy doing just great

23. joy

September 10, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Gathering all ma money together now, gotta see this premier, this one na 100 unit course, i no go carry am lailai

24. tunji

September 10, 2012 at 1:40 pm

hmmm am keeping my fingers crossed, i feel like i should see the movie now now………….

25. onuha

September 10, 2012 at 1:58 pm

always a force to reckon with, she’s indeed a national treasure.

26. bidemi

September 10, 2012 at 2:00 pm

that is ma fine, adorable, hard working omosexy. i can use all my money to watch any movie she features in, just for her i can break the bank. she’s always a darling

27. kelechi

September 10, 2012 at 2:02 pm

it baffles me after this long years, this beautiful damsel still remain the toast of all, i wish her good luck as always.

28. brandigest

September 10, 2012 at 2:22 pm

She is really pushing the limits. she is so adorable, one of our very best exports.

29. Ekolola

September 10, 2012 at 2:25 pm

Wao! judging from the trailer, this movie must be very interesting and educative. Omotola has always raise the bar in any movie she featured.

30. faith

September 10, 2012 at 3:28 pm

waiting patiently for wen it will premier in naija!

31. Kanyinsola

September 10, 2012 at 3:32 pm

it does not look interesting to me o! but don’t let me judge the movie by its trailer. 🙂

• Msunderstood

September 10, 2012 at 6:37 pm

Exactly my thot but I was sure “d omotola ninjas” will be here to overhype so I decided to keep quiet, make dem no jump me. Lol.

• abiola

September 12, 2012 at 10:12 am

why are some of us in this country so ridiculously funny? if we cant appreciate the good work omotola is doing, tell me who else should? pls let us imbibe the culture of appreciation.

32. sally

September 10, 2012 at 5:51 pm

i love omotola so much and i’m def gonna watch…

33. look

September 10, 2012 at 11:00 pm

after miming in beyonce and rihanna, abi wot do they call it, she’s still trying to mime. she’s a beautiful actress but she shouldn’t try being a singer in movies

34. ADDY

September 11, 2012 at 2:35 am

Omotola Jolade! You are amazing! My fav nollywood actress I cnt wait for this movie to premier

35. deji

September 11, 2012 at 10:35 am

This is one movie i need to watch. Omotola surely pushes the boundaries. Go girl.

36. Akinolu

September 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm

Am not really surprised about Omotola raising the bar again with this new film. she has always been consistent. 17 years on and she’s still on top of her game.

37. Kaymi

September 12, 2012 at 9:33 am

Can’t wait to watch this movie, I love Omotola

38. k.fed

September 12, 2012 at 12:45 pm

So not interested in the story, Omotola seems to have given a very good performance nd she very well might b sweeping lots of award nxt year, or wld be a major contender, from the trailer the movie looks boring as hell, dnt like going to sit in a cinema and seeing boring movies, same goes for that dr bello…. may 76 wld be better!

39. Lima

September 14, 2012 at 12:51 am

Dt’s my Omosexy, a very talented and versatile actress of ou time, Last Flight toAbuja was a bomb and i know this is also gonna a double bomb bomb.

40. NNENNE

September 14, 2012 at 1:12 am

Interesting!

41. ed ezzy

September 19, 2012 at 5:24 pm

SO GLAD NIGERIANS HAVE LEARNED TO APPRECIATE THEIR OWN. I DO MOVIES AND I TELL YOU IF ONLY U KNOW THE EFFORT, COMPLEXITIES, INGENUITY THAT GOES INTO MAKING NIGERIAN MOVIES UNDER LESS THAN 2% OF BUDGET FOR OYIBO MOVIES, U WILL ADORE OUR FILMS. WHAT U CALL YOUR OWN BEFORE THE WORLD, IS HOW THEY TREAT IT. NIGERIANS ENCOURAGE YOU OWN. DONT COMPARE UNNECESSARILY. NO 2 FILMS ARE THE SAME. JUST AS NO 2 CULTURES ARE. IT IS TIME TO THROW AWAY THAT NAME ‘NOLLYWOOD’ AND GET A NEW ONE TO STOP THESE BASELESS COMPARISMS

42. ed ezzy