News

“Naija Runs Girl” Lolita Revealed! Meet the Woman Behind the Online Persona | Watch the SaharaTV Interview

"Lolita"

“Lolita”

BN was the first site to publish the “Naija Runs Girl” video in January 2013. Since then, the buzz has been major for online star “Lolita“.
Now we get to meet the woman behind the persona – Mollie Balogun.

Mollie Balogun

Mollie Balogun

In real life, she’s a makeup artist and a hair extension technician. Mollie grew up in Ibadan and then moved to the UK. Her father is Nigerian while her mother is English. She is definitely not a “runs girl”.

Watch her interview with SaharaTV below.

1. Mama

February 11, 2013 at 10:44 am

She is very beautiful…
    She should not really encourage runs aha, but with her funny videos she should show it ills, I’ll say…

• Kiky

February 11, 2013 at 11:32 am

she is not encouraging it…..recognize sarcasm when you see it please.

2. Sonia

February 11, 2013 at 10:47 am

This Adeola the interviewer is asking the wrong questions, as if she does not understand that Lolita is actually a satirical character that is actually bashing the ‘runs’ culture.

• Mademoiselle

February 11, 2013 at 9:13 pm

NO. The question should be, why does the presenter sound like that??/ Jheeze!

• Leanne

February 13, 2013 at 11:51 pm

3. Abims

February 11, 2013 at 10:51 am

She is Flawless! Absolutely beautiful.

4. Italian Princess

February 11, 2013 at 10:51 am

Erm… That Adeola girl… her English and accent is quite distracting. Almost painful to the ears…

• Nok10

February 11, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Lol! Italian princess. Why do people form accent? I prefer people speak proper English in plain naija accent than forming accent and sounding very razz

5. Retrochic

February 11, 2013 at 10:52 am

am trying to wrap my head around the Presenter’s accent, dont get it @all, i kinda knew she wasnt a runs girl, very entertaining interview

6. Bey

February 11, 2013 at 11:07 am

Abeg shut up jo hw do we know if u don’t do runz…buh u funny sha..To all my ladies dt are cracy about hairs,,u can get some BANCEllian Hair from Bance lmao

7. Bored much!

February 11, 2013 at 11:11 am

Ahaaaaa.BN was the first to publish the video,always a pace setter.

8. 'Tope

February 11, 2013 at 11:13 am

…..If I could just mute the presenter! x_x

• anon

February 11, 2013 at 12:33 pm

I agree

9. Ajiri

February 11, 2013 at 11:15 am

I love her. I wish I had come up with the idea.

10. Kiky

February 11, 2013 at 11:36 am

this interviewer is ridiculous……..naija people do not know how to interview people

11. Bella

February 11, 2013 at 11:50 am

what a wack interivewer – she must practise her job well first, mxm – so annoyed at thi interviewer – rubbish!

12. TrueTalkCritique

February 11, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Who employed this presenter????? I hate to hate but Jeez….english, grammar, accent, questions…..someone just shut her the hell up. Cant even speak clearly with her right Nigerian accent which is what she obviously has, stupid questions that lack depth and make no sense, too much repetition and keep calling the girl ‘lolita’….her name is ‘Mollie’ dumbass!!!

• Leanne

February 13, 2013 at 11:57 pm

she cant speak, and the swinging between american and african accent and poor diction, how did she get this job ? sigh, if you wanna do accent do it but please DICTION is poor, poor, poor my 8 year old niece will do a better job.

13. Tempo

February 11, 2013 at 12:25 pm

Hair extension technician -_-

14. madman

February 11, 2013 at 12:32 pm

fine girl

15. PAUSE!

February 11, 2013 at 1:10 pm

“SO ERM LOLITA, SINCE YOU’RE AN ARRRRR-TIST” …..JESU CHRISTI.

• Nok10

February 11, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Lol! You won’t kill someborry

16. Kiki

February 11, 2013 at 2:16 pm

This presenter should be on mute for the rest of her life. jeez

17. tokunbo

February 11, 2013 at 2:36 pm

All these mixed breed pple…always have razz undertone to their accent lol the likes of Shan George. But she real pretty tho.

• Elizabeth

February 13, 2013 at 8:08 pm

“Mixed breed?”,hun this is the 21st century please use the term “mixed race”.

• Leanne

February 14, 2013 at 12:02 am

you are simply IGNORANT, mixed Race, get it right honey, BTW you should get thumped for that statement

18. Mz Socially Awkward...

February 11, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I thought Sahara TV was a reputable reporting channel. Warra hell is happening with the quaility of this interview??

19. Omo Jesu

February 11, 2013 at 3:01 pm

HAHAHHAHA DIS PRESENTER IS EVEN MORE HILARIOUS THAN THE RUNS VIDEO

20. Rola

February 11, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Jezzzzzzzzzzzz that’s all I have to say with regards to the presenter.

21. dexter

February 11, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I just looove this girl so much!!!she has d potential to b a gr8 role model.I hope young women interpret dis video d right way.she has a gud consistent message in all ha videos.kip it up girl.n she is really beautiful too! :p

22. nich

February 11, 2013 at 3:25 pm

pls those in nigeria is sahara tv a nigerian tv station in lagos or where……….are they online……i love their studio……

23. nich

February 11, 2013 at 3:26 pm

she has a full nigerian ascent and at the same time a full english ascent……..cool

• Tope

February 11, 2013 at 3:53 pm

ascent ke, Uncle Nich ooooooo. I thought the first gbagaun was a meeeezztake, to see the second ascent. Ngwanu, where is she ascending to? Or are you pronouncing accent as ascent? Sweetie, english lesson biko. ACCENT, repeat after me A-C-C-E-N-T. Better still (akcent). I’m guessing your name is Nicholas. Also, the short form or Nicholas is usually Nick, or Nic ehn. You must be related to this presenter. Lol…….

• Nok10

February 11, 2013 at 4:56 pm

Lol!

• AMA

February 11, 2013 at 5:58 pm

I love your comment…got me laffing so hard at work

• Strawberrycandy

February 11, 2013 at 7:01 pm

hahahahahahahaha u cracked me up mahn!!

• Gimmer

February 13, 2013 at 4:29 am

I guess to hair is human, to forget is design….

• Leanne

February 14, 2013 at 12:05 am

lol, i was confused like, i thought maybe i couldnt spell accent for a minute!

• ArabianPrincess

February 11, 2013 at 4:27 pm

What abt the part nigerian descent and the part english descent?

24. dexter

February 11, 2013 at 3:27 pm

25. Nonimous

February 11, 2013 at 4:06 pm

pls one question for lolita. Doesn’t your neck hurt from tilting your head that way???

26. Ike

February 11, 2013 at 6:29 pm

This has to be stupidest thing I’ve spent 15 minutes watching & listening to. I don’t know which was worse, the interviewer or the dodo answering the questions. Both of you should find something better to do with yourselves.

27. olayinka

February 11, 2013 at 6:54 pm

everybody with difference ways of get fame oooo….

gistyinka.com

28. Bella

February 11, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Not just poor girls do runs, even those from rich homes do it too and it’s also common in the banks too.

• loo

February 12, 2013 at 8:46 pm

yes o i used to know a particular girl from a wealthy, very rich home but she was a runsgirl big time and guess who are sugar daddy’s were her father’s friends according to her friends they said her father was a rich stingy igbo man thats why she sort out another way to meet her needs and she is a very fine girl……… I hope she has stop sha

29. birdieblue

February 11, 2013 at 7:47 pm

@ Presenter: wrong question 70% , wrong accent 100%, general flow of interview: 95%
    @Lolita: Love you girl and I know with a little bit more branding your message will spread and show young ladies how ridiculous it is to actually resort to such lives no matter the circumstance.

30. atukpa

February 11, 2013 at 7:55 pm

This sahara presenter!!!! No words!!!
    She is horrible, are you kidding me???
    Kudos Mollie B. I think you are very creative, keep doing what you do. True Artist 🙂

31. commenter

February 11, 2013 at 10:42 pm

gosh the presenter has got my ears aching!!! what on earth does she think she sounds like – “Aiyetoro meets Brooklyn accent”…..why cant nigerians stop doing copy copy, Adeola needs to focus on speaking english properly – pronouncing english words are the dictionary dictates before delving into the world of adopting another accent….. most grammatical errors she made in this interview was due to her paying too much attention to the accent rather than the substance of what she was saying – hence, the dull interview!
    the mollie too, seemed to get a bit confused in the interview – went a bit off-track – advice for mollie – when next you are asked to speak to any media person – prepare a short & succinct summary of what your message is to the world regarding your Naija runs girl videos – you seemed to go on a tangent with your answers….and also pre-empt dull unintelligent questions such as the those adeola asked….and finally keep your head straight in an interview, no need to keep bouncig and bopping your head – all these tips are in preparation for you stardom….best of luck!

32. fashionandstylepolice

February 11, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Lolita rocks my world. She is so funny, lol..

33. Wow

February 12, 2013 at 3:27 am

Oh my!!! I feel so bad for the interviewer. I know some of the comments above may seem harsh but if she’s reading this, she should know that some of the comments are actually constructive criticism. She needs to take some time and work on her pronunciations and command of English altogether. Most importantly, please please lose the accent and try speaking naturally. You’ll have a better flow. Wish you the best; truly.

34. MRS ADEYEMI

February 12, 2013 at 9:47 am

haba…. the presenter didnt have to start forming ascent… was disappointed in her

35. Berry Dakara

February 12, 2013 at 12:47 pm

OMG, the presenter! Everyone’s said it all.

36. jade

February 12, 2013 at 5:18 pm

LOLOL need i say more.

37. loo

February 12, 2013 at 8:37 pm

i need to knock this presenter I swear!!!!!!!!!!

38. runsgirl.com

March 22, 2016 at 11:10 pm

Just wondering why she stopped doing her movies.