News

Must Watch! Media Personality Toke Makinwa speaks on “5 Things You can Never Prepare For”

Toke Makinwa in Vonne Couture

It’s a double dose of Toke Makinwa. On this week’s episode of her Vlog, the 28 year old media sensation responds to some e-mails sent to her. Toke gives her opinion on telling your boyfriend if you’ve had an abortion and going through his phone.

Last week, Toke took a very serious turn with her vlog; talking about “5 things you can never prepare for”. From growing up to finding love to death and a cheating partner, check out what Toke says.

Watch the videos!

Photo Credit: Toke Makinwa in Vonne Couture via her Instagram Page

1. Abana

March 22, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Bellanaija I expect you to be on top of the news. We just lost an icon, a literary genius, the father of African literature and you are uploading Toke Makinwa.

• Hope

March 22, 2013 at 2:11 pm

What are you talking about? They have already posted the news on BN. You’re late…..

As for Toke, I agree with a lot of what she said in both vids.

• jcsgrl

March 22, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Hater *cracks a whip and grabs a broom.* Oya, gerrout of here!

2. www.anemistyle.com

March 22, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Love the Vonne Couture dress, looks super comfortable. Gosh heartbreak is something you can’t prepare for …. horrible!

3. Trendiest

March 22, 2013 at 1:41 pm

Mehn, thats one thing i tell all these akata kids i mentor..”Do NoT TrY To Grow Up Too Fast”

Enjoy every stage of your life.Take it from someone thats been on her own since 16 and also in charge of two teenage sisters,ko easy….10yrs later,shit is mad hard n mad real…but we thank God for strength,perseverence and dedication bcos failure is not an option ….

Have a great weekend Bellas

4. bee

March 22, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Nice vlog..the points she raised in the first vid were solid..but i kinda dont agree with the response she gave in the 2nd vid..

5. Slinky

March 22, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Lmao, i really luv Toke, n i listen to her every morning on ma way to work. I agree wiv her 100% and am soo guilty of snooping too. Muah

6. Retrochic

March 22, 2013 at 2:32 pm

i enjoyed this post

7. Afrik Lounge Radio

March 22, 2013 at 2:41 pm

O_O

8. My Own Business

March 22, 2013 at 2:41 pm

I love her dress…..simply elegant

9. elleven45

March 22, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Is she married?

• Adeola

March 22, 2013 at 2:56 pm

Nope, she’s not.

10. Stella Kashmoney

March 22, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Love her dress.

11. konnie

March 22, 2013 at 3:40 pm

Toke, I like the way you have disciplined your body. You look lovely dear

12. Partyrider

March 22, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I love this babe..lol. I enjoyed both videos.
    The vlog giving answers to those emails was funny sha. Although I don’t agree with checking your Bf’s phone.
    Nice one toke..waiting for next week’s vlog 😀

13. Bolanle

March 22, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Hmmmm…I personally think you should tell your man about the abortion especially if you’re getting married…if you dont the doctors may tell and that mega yawa for you.

Dont check your man’s phone either except you have reasons to suspect him..Why do you want to give yourself High blood pressure anyways!

I hear Toke is engaged… so is your relationship a game? take a rain check pls.

• tokunbo

March 22, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Wat kind of naive smallie are you??? Let me gguess u are below 25 years of age?

14. Aunty Prada

March 22, 2013 at 4:27 pm

Yes o, are you a learner? dont tell the guy about any abortion and yeah definitely go through his phone. dont dull ladies

15. Aunty Prada

March 22, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Meanwhiless its as if Omalicha was trying to make a “celebrity” guest appearance in this video.

16. Na wa

March 22, 2013 at 4:39 pm

@Bolanle …Doctors are not to disclose any info to a partner or family members unless he or she is told to do so even if the wife does not have uterus but Nigeria medical lack so many ethics that anyone just says anything anyhow.When it comes to relationships,there are things a partner should never hide..like having a kid and never disclosing it or an abortion..that could ruin a lot of things.And going through a guy’s phone can put you in a lot of trouble cos you might read a message you dnt even know how the real fact about it in the first place.

17. Anon

March 22, 2013 at 5:04 pm

What hair is that?! Yum!

18. Amazeballs!!!

March 22, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Liked both VLOG’s actually . She is definitely improving , but please Toke don’t allow Omalicha in the room next time!!!!

Oh and as for those still contemplating spilling or not about a past abortion, you better don’t spill, DON’T TRY IT!

19. HABBA

March 22, 2013 at 9:36 pm

dont spill about the abortion! somethings should be between you and yourself!

20. tokunbo

March 22, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Toke’s Razzness just showed! LMAO! She said DewD for Dude..hahahahaa! But yea she still cool! Lol!

21. Try some bangs for your forhead

March 22, 2013 at 10:04 pm

It will fit u

22. Myne Whitman

March 22, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Totally disagree with both answers and I think she’s trying to be contrary, and this cause a controversy. On well, if you think relationships are a game, and you just need to win, aka get in, aka marriage, then the advice is good for you.

• Gemini

March 23, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Gbam! I agree with you 150%… Going into a relationship with the mindset that its a game is a recipe for disaster on its own. To each their own sha! Maybe I’m a lil’ ol’ school…

23. laide

March 22, 2013 at 10:17 pm

aww..toke is definately getting..enjoyed the vids

24. Yewande Aje

March 22, 2013 at 11:07 pm

this is the first time i’m hearing her speak. she seems really cool! Very personable 🙂

25. Yewande Aje

March 22, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Also on the abortion thing, at first i was like wtf Toke Makinwa, are you mad. How can you say that?! but now I think about it, she’s actually right. i don’t think the girl should go around telling anyone she’s dating wether or not she had an abortion. “Being Serious” is a relative term. Now, there’s a point you get in a relationship where you both have aired dirty laundry and you’re still going strong. Leverage that. When you get to the point where you’re 100% positive this guy will stick with u no matter what, then its time to tell him. I 100% agree about the phone thing. You’re a grown woman so please treat whatever you find with dignity but don’t be a malu or sheep. God gave you wits for a reason. Better put them to good use or stay being a doormat for any guy.

26. Blesson

March 23, 2013 at 3:02 am

There is no point checking his phone… Ladies pls be sensitive, there re other positive ways u can know if u r his #1 other than going thru his privacy(phone) and getting ur heart into BIG trouble. Anyone can always cheat, so just be careful and let God lead u thru.

27. Aduke

March 23, 2013 at 6:19 am

🙂 Interesting! Enjoyed both especially the first one. Ok! Omalicha, please stay out of Miss Toke’s vid next time! Thank u! 😀

28. Chinwe

March 23, 2013 at 7:46 am

Lol,really enjoyed this.

29. Seke

March 23, 2013 at 11:55 am

I wont check his phone kini. Abeg, leave that matter. People lie, everybody lies, moi inclusive. Lol. So, girls, snoop away. Maybe its because I’m a control freak, who likes staying on top of things, and I hate surprises. I prefer to see things coming, then I decide if its right for me or not. Not that i’ll have the rug pulled out from under me and I’ll be devastated. In this world, you are the only one that can protect yourself o. You and your Maker. So don’t be caught sleeping. Check the bloody phone, check his house too mehn, when you are alone in his house. The things I’ve come across mehn, have saved me A WHOLE BLODDY LOT. One thing I don’t do is confront the guy, no siree, I have more dignity than that. Besides, you have no high ground to stand on, even in court sef. Information obtained by snooping without a warrant cannot be used in court. Lol. Once I see, I decide what I will do. Mostly, it has been to nicely find my exit, if wetin i see no sweet me for body. As for the abortion thing, tell kini. Do you know how many married women with babies in their husband’s house that have had abortions, even multiple sef. Please o, you had a past, you’ve moved on. It should be between you and your Maker. Daz all

• Specs

March 23, 2013 at 9:17 pm

yes oh! I agree with you on nicely finding your exit….Happened to me once, I found out a BF was cheating on me with multiple chicks….how do you begin to argue your case abeg?? so I just randomly broke up with his a** without warning, no need to get confrontational abeg…homeboy kept calling, texting and FB messaging wondering what went wrong…he told my friends I am a crazy girl…In my mind I was thinking..”I’d rather you see me as crazy girl than an heartbroken one…I won’t give you that pleasure!!”

30. Linda

March 23, 2013 at 4:43 pm

The accent is flunctuating….. The Nigerian one is better dear Toke!

• MzD

March 23, 2013 at 10:45 pm

abi ooo..tell her

31. Princess

March 24, 2013 at 5:14 pm

toke please all ur vlogs should be like the second one! i swear down everyone would look forward to watching it

32. Bliss

March 25, 2013 at 1:34 am

Lol @ I am from Ondo state, I didn’t come to Lagos to count bridge #dead

33. Asiasands

March 25, 2013 at 3:35 am

@Linda.. flunctuating? dictionary please.. its fluctuating! a fluctuating accent means nothing.. people who have lived elsewhere and are also Nigerian, do this a lot.. infact, Germans, Russian, Italianss for example speak differently when speaking English and their native dialect.. As an older lady, I expect more of you than to come on a blog and pick itsy bitsy holes..

34. Mama mia!!!

March 26, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Please is Toke part of the Bella naija team? Btw, I see she used this her vlog to win back her boo talking to him indirectly…

35. Peperempe

March 27, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Nigerian men are in trouble! See women hiding abortions up and down! Father take control…..

36. HOPE

March 30, 2013 at 11:37 am

toke is single and obviously enjoying herself.