News

Are You Loving Nollywood Star Dakore Akande’s Revamped Style?

Dakore New Style - April 2013 - BellaNaija007

Dakore in a Tiffany Amber lily wrap dress at the “Jim Iyke Unscripted” launch event

Nollywood star Dakore Akande has been a BN fave for years though it seems like the mum of 1 has a new found style groove since she returned to the scene after the birth of her daughter.

We hear that the multi-talented star is working with stylist Zara Okpara.

The "Lily Wrap" Dress by Tiffany Amber

The “Lily Wrap” Dress by Tiffany Amber

After we spotted her looking so fabulous in a red Tiffany Amber lily wrap dress at the Jim Iyke Unscripted launch event, we decided to take a look down memory lane and see Dakore’s style before and after.

Dakore – Before
Dakore New Style - April 2013 - BellaNaija001Dakore New Style - April 2013 - BellaNaija002Dakore New Style - April 2013 - BellaNaija003Dakore New Style - April 2013 - BellaNaija009Dakore New Style - April 2013 - BellaNaija011

Dakore – Now

Dakore at the "Journey to Self" premiere in Lagos

Dakore at the “Journey to Self” premiere in Lagos

Dakore at the Nollywood Presidential Event

Dakore at the Nollywood Presidential Event

Dakore at the Jim Iyke Unscripted event

Dakore at the Jim Iyke Unscripted event

So are you loving Dakore’s revamped style?

Photo Credit: BellaNaija.com | Insigna Media | Maestro Media | Sync Media

1. lilz

April 24, 2013 at 10:19 am

stunning but her hubby has very funny pairs of shoes

• Aremu

April 24, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Ahhhhhhhh! Someone else notices this!! I am not insane! I repeat, I am not insane…..

• Missy

April 25, 2013 at 10:19 am

Lool. You’re not, I was so busy looking out for his weird shoes in each picture, I almost forgot about Dakore.

2. Hurperyermie

April 24, 2013 at 10:29 am

looking sweet i wish her all the best

3. nomad

April 24, 2013 at 10:35 am

Beautiful woman but she looks SO much better with her natural hair than with all those boring weaves that makes her look like all of the Lagos housewives.

4. Miss Anonymous

April 24, 2013 at 10:46 am

@ lilz the same thought came to my mind about the shoes 🙂

5. luu

April 24, 2013 at 10:48 am

I don’t like the look,sorry not working for me,don’t kno what it is exactly thats wrong with this revamped look,but she looked so much better in most of the pics before,maybe its the hair….just my thots anyway.

• davinna

April 24, 2013 at 5:10 pm

I agree with you o…ain’t feeling it.Think it’s the dress ain’t flattering on her seemingly petite frame.The dress is wearing her should be the other way round.

6. sarafina

April 24, 2013 at 10:49 am

No no no! No ”wow” factor

7. jK

April 24, 2013 at 10:52 am

The revamped Dakore really looks beautiful from Head to Toe. She looks more womanly, feminine and classy. But I wish she would go out with her Hubby sha.

• Mamalicious

April 24, 2013 at 8:59 pm

Jk Shut up already…gosh u r a classic amebo, saying what u don’t know….smh

• Mamastretchmarks

April 25, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Lwkmd mamalicious u dey vex o wetin?

8. Fashionbabe

April 24, 2013 at 10:57 am

Girl you look Good!

9. amarachi

April 24, 2013 at 11:04 am

she is looking good

10. Gold girl

April 24, 2013 at 11:08 am

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ppl dey must talk sha,wat is rong wit her makeup?she’s looking mmm asin pretty,except for d makeup on her face at d “Journey to Life”premiere in Lagos dat is a No No 4 me,bt d rest she’s looking pretty.

11. Berry Dakara

April 24, 2013 at 11:21 am

She looks good!

I wish the Tiffany Amber dress was shorter and more fitted though.

berrydakara.blogspot.com

12. Ada Nnewi

April 24, 2013 at 11:30 am

Miss Jk am sure her hubby did not complain to you and who told you he wasn’t with her..Amebo people sha

13. omojeje

April 24, 2013 at 11:37 am

Na! the tiffany dress isnt cute on her at all.. she proly to short for the dress and its alittle too big on her. there’s something really off about that outfit. Not flattering at all. looks better on the models except the one with the same red one.. its just not flattering. just my opinion.

14. Omo1

April 24, 2013 at 11:48 am

Dakore looking good, though I still prefer the dredlocks..kindof sets her apart!

15. dodo

April 24, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Dakore is a beautiful somebody!

16. Flue

April 24, 2013 at 1:01 pm

She looks 100x better with the dreads.Still a gorgeous woman anyday sa!

17. loveth O.

April 24, 2013 at 1:04 pm

The Change in her Nose noooooooooooooo

18. nene

April 24, 2013 at 1:43 pm

dakore the fine girl! i prefer her old look, she looks better when she styles herself, just like genevieve. either way she never looks bad with her style and dressing.

19. Karen D

April 24, 2013 at 1:58 pm

Her face looks fresher.
    The dress is nice.Nice color. A little played out since almost every older lagos (stylish) woman has been spotted in it. It makes her look wider and shorter. She’s too young for this look.
    As for that hair. She looks basic with it.. She stood out with her real hair. I know she might have wanted to witch things up but she looks like every other black woman with that hair. Yawn.

20. dj

April 24, 2013 at 2:08 pm

i prefer her old look..it says more about her…this new look looks kinda boring

21. comment waiting moderation!

April 24, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Prefer the “Now” as in the first two dress not the last one she wore to Jim iyke Reality premier,from head to toe noting work for me…And hey if you are short,don’t take pic with a tall pers,it doesn’t look nice,it make you way shorter than you are!I’ve not forgotten M.I pic with Agbani,I save it,when I want to have a good laugh ,I go back to the picture!

22. Naveah

April 24, 2013 at 2:29 pm

No, I do not like her “revamped” look which I would call “coformed” look because she went from standing out for being the only actress wearing her natural hair (pre-Nse Ikpe-Etim) to being one of the Beweaved Ones. The locks may have limited her to playing city dwellers but hey at least she was being herself.

23. Bukky

April 24, 2013 at 2:36 pm

HATERS!well i normally dnt post comments…..but dis woman looks ABSOLUTELY beautiful!As a matter of fact she looks more beautiful with her revamped look….as 4 haters i will go with MI on u “have u eaten 2day?den y are u hating?! GET A LIFE!!!!!!

• Karen D

April 24, 2013 at 2:57 pm

You, go and sit your butt down jo. Those damn caps. Every opinion that isn’t a compliment is hating to you people. No one says she doesn’t look beautiful. She looks like many other women with this “new look”. That has nothing to do with the word “beautiful”. Deal with it. hiss.

• Omo1

April 24, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Dumb comment!! How many haters did you count?? i’ll say none, just a couple of people preferring her old looks which is just normal….

some people just do not know when to use a word..#hisss

• Debbie Ade

April 24, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Y do u sound so burnt and serious!!! Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. Everyone sees things differently. She looks good to u in this “revamped” style but some of us don’t share the school of thought!!! U sef, u be hater.

• I hate people that say "thank me later"

April 24, 2013 at 7:09 pm

Why is your body shaking? who stole your pant??

24. Jo!

April 24, 2013 at 3:00 pm

Miss her dreads. Terrible foundation choice in 1st “after” pix.
    The lily dress is MOST DEFINITELY not for her

25. oSinakachi

April 24, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I love ladies with their natural and well cared for hair but I absolutely hate dreads. I prefer her now pics but its just my opinion sha.

26. Cleo

April 24, 2013 at 3:30 pm

She looks good revamped or not…dresses sexy but decent (for lack f a better way to describe it) lol

27. Olori

April 24, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Na wa o! So people can’t say they don’t like a particular style without being tagged ‘haters’. I think anybody can choose to suck up if they want and say everything they see is ‘beautiful’ but they should be civil enough let others hold a different opinion. Jez sayin’.
    Dakore darlin’, I don’t like that dress joo.

28. Fifi

April 24, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Shes too short for this style of this dress…n she shld have worn her hair up…she just looks too busy hair,necklace,the ruffles on the dress…toooooo much

29. fashionandstylepolice

April 24, 2013 at 5:45 pm

I prefer her old look, miss her dreads…

30. Jane

April 24, 2013 at 6:01 pm

She looked regal with her locs.

31. Debbie Ade

April 24, 2013 at 6:52 pm

Dakore looks like an Angelica in this dress. I’m sorry I do not see anything revamped about the style. I prefer her old look and dresses. Finito!

32. Lol

April 24, 2013 at 9:02 pm

What’s with her husband and the skololo shoes? Lmao

• bussie

April 25, 2013 at 1:26 pm

lolz!!

33. deep

April 24, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Dakore looked BEST at the presidential awards thing. But I give the props to the makeup n dress. That being said, she needs to mix a bit of the old n new- the old dresses have got to go! They are horrible and too India Arie. I know Dakore likes glam. However, you can still be glam with your own hair so I think she should get more creative with her locs and keep the new makeup and SOME new dresses. The TA dress does not suit her!
    I’m not surprised the stylist thought straight hair was better for her, no be self-hating Lagos babes? Mschew.

34. Let them say

April 25, 2013 at 6:52 am

The long navy blue dress in my opinion is her best look so far.

35. HRS

April 25, 2013 at 8:24 am

I don’t like that red gown on her, looked like she was thrown in it, the shoes did no justice to that gown either, u don’t wear open toes with that kind of gown, would have been better with a stiletto or high heel pumps like the models.

That being said….. She looked absolutely dashing at the presidential dinner, beautiful wearing the silver glittery gown and the green gown ( a lil too much powder here though, but heck, shii happens) Not much difference before and after, not like being married to him made her go thru plastic surgery..lol… She’s always been a beautiful lady, still is and I love her! 🙂

36. oluchy

April 25, 2013 at 10:34 am

l am nt a fan of the wrap dress on her, was beta on the model.

37. Mamajita

April 25, 2013 at 11:28 am

Natural hair suits her best,….otherwise she is a beautiful lady,…please oh remove the fake hair it doesnt suit you at all

38. Sisi Yemmie

April 25, 2013 at 11:48 am

I prefer her with her natural hair… she always did look fab in them! If she can find a way to blend the old with the new, please please she should keep the dreads/natural hair.

39. kokolet228

April 25, 2013 at 11:52 am

Is her hubby a cowboy? **scratching my head**

40. fikky 009

April 25, 2013 at 1:49 pm

i prefer the old dakore the new look is not working for me @all, she looks old and the red cloth is boring on her.

41. Maureen

April 25, 2013 at 2:34 pm

She will neva go wrong for me, like her any day, anytime n her new look still loks good to me o.

42. No nonsense

April 25, 2013 at 5:20 pm

I like d new look buh d red dress hmmmm

43. chichi

April 25, 2013 at 8:05 pm

she still looks good but i prefer d old natural look

44. birdieblue

April 27, 2013 at 1:29 am

I think the jewel dress is just not for her. She’s too short for her or they should have shortened it for her and tightened it around the waist.

45. Sunshine

May 18, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Honestly, that wrap dress was too long/big on her. I love Dakore but I do miss the dreads. She was always a standout to me with them. She still looks nice and I get she’s going for the matured, rich wife look but I think eventually she’ll find the right style for herself… I trust Dakore

46. Sunshine

May 18, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Is it me or does she look kinda like Kerry Washington in the dark blue dress?