News

For the Love of the Job! Funke Akindele-Oloyede Climbs Up a Palm Tree in her New Movie “Village Champion”

Funke Akindele-Oloyede must definitely be a fun actress to work with as she seems every ready to go the distance to get the job done. If it were in Hollywood, we could easily say – “She does her own stunts” as the vibrant actress climbed up a palm tree for her new role in forthcoming movie “Village Champion”.

Does she play a palm wine tapper or a ‘banga’ farmer in the new film? Would you go the distance to climb a palm tree for a movie role?

Share your thoughts!

Check on it!

Funke Akindele-Oloyede 1 Funke Akindele-Oloyede 2 Funke Akindele-Oloyede 3 Funke Akindele-Oloyede 4 Funke Akindele-Oloyede

Photo Credit:Instagram – FunkeJenifaAkindele

"What do you really do for a living any way?", "Your face looks familiar. Was it on TV?" These questions follow me around everyday. Why don't you join them. Instagram | Twitter: @Onos_

1. ada's pride

July 5, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Bella you guys should just take ur injections and chill o jare! Which for the love of the job, a better caption should be for the love of the money! Abi is it for free before? Matter of factly she will be paid higher sef for attempting the role in the first place!

• CarliforniaBawler

July 5, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Job, Love, Money….na the same the same…..it’s you that needs injections to calm your hating nerves!! Maybe you need to change you job so you can do what you love and get paid doing it.

2. chei

July 5, 2013 at 1:13 pm

I swear I love funke, she’s too much. Haha hahaha

3. Peter

July 5, 2013 at 1:14 pm

LMAO!!!! JENIFA!!! i swear i luv this babe, she keeps pushing the boundaries of ratchetness(i mean this in a good way), and she keeps raking in the endorsement!!!

4. linda

July 5, 2013 at 1:16 pm

i love funke cause she can act any character and do it well, thumbs up!!!

5. Amazeballs!

July 5, 2013 at 1:21 pm

This BN self, you people can be funny!!!! Do you guys realize she is getting paid big bucks for roles abi you think it is free. A script is a script, if you read it and like it and want to act it then you get on with it, it is work. Abi you dont see all the stunts they do in American and other movie industries ni? If you like dont post my comment.

6. loveth O.

July 5, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Crazily Funny i suppose

7. Hephzibah

July 5, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I just love this Woman, very natural in any role.

8. Tm

July 5, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Funke Akindele is one of my favorite actresses. She is so good that she can act any, I repeat, any role. I still marvel at the way she acted the dual role in “Omo ghetto”. Keep it up girl! and for those who say it’s for the money, do I need to list out actors who act terribly and still get paid?

9. Grace

July 5, 2013 at 3:12 pm

lol…havnt seem the movie yet and am laughing:),she is such a good act. Yeah i will climb a palm tree for a movie role if it is in the script that is why its called acting:)

10. jinkelele

July 5, 2013 at 3:22 pm

she’s just a clown. lol

11. Funmi

July 5, 2013 at 3:36 pm

50 Gbosas for Funke> hard working woman. Admire you plenty

12. Abena

July 5, 2013 at 3:40 pm

@Peter and TM; my sentiments exactly ! I love Funke Akindele. Oh how I wish I do not see Chika Ike or Queen Nwakoye, in another movie- they couldn’t act their way out of a paper bag those two.

13. #struck

July 5, 2013 at 4:50 pm

Jeez without shoes on!!! i won’t do that for money….its got to be for the love of the job.

14. ada's pride

July 5, 2013 at 5:35 pm

@californiatingy or what is your name, funny enough my comment was directed to Bella and not you nor Funke( cos Funke is a great actress) but you have just displayed your lack of comprehension by taking the comment personal.

• CarliforniaBawler

July 5, 2013 at 10:11 pm

I understood clearly that it was directed at BN…. so I repeat…..

Job, Love, Money….na the same the same…..it’s you that needs injections to calm your hating nerves!! Maybe you need to change you job so you can do what you love and get paid doing it…..

15. Deedee

July 5, 2013 at 7:22 pm

Jenifa my gurl, she never ceases to amaze me!!!!!

16. NNENNE

July 6, 2013 at 12:06 am

Very original! We look very ridiculous when we copy the west.
    Now this is a must watch. Please tell me more about my roots.

17. James Melbin

July 6, 2013 at 4:02 am

…warrefa..

18. Tunmi

July 6, 2013 at 4:45 am

It’s for the love of the job…I would love to learn to tap palm wine though

19. Busy Sade

July 6, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Just hope there is insurance for possible accidents during this stunts. She is a great actress. Wishing her the best.