News

Must Watch Video! Nollywood Star Ramsey Nouah speaks to Golden Icons on his Career, Genevieve Nnaji Dating Rumour, Crazy Fans & More

Ramsey Nouah & Emma Emerson - August 2013 - BellaNaija

Don’t we all just love an interview with Ramsey Nouah?

The 40 year old Nigerian movie star recently sat down with Emma Emerson of Golden Icons for an exclusive interview on his career, his family, Genevieve Nnaji and yes – his crazy fans.

Ramsey Nouah & Emma Emerson - August 2013 - BellaNaija -02

After a brief hiatus, the Golden Icons team is back with more interesting interviews just in time for the second edition of its awards ceremony.

Fun Facts about the Interview
On being called Africa’s No. 1 –
With a career spanning over a decade, Ramsey can definitely call himself Africa’s leading actor. But the star stays humble saying he feels good about the compliment and loves the fact that people see him that way.

On ever dating Genevieve Nnaji – As much as we would have loved them to get married, nothing ever happened. He tells Emma, that he thinks Nollywood fans would have preferred it that way but they obviously have different destinies.

Who he looked up to when starting in the industry – He says at the time he started there weren’t many people he could look up to as role models. It was just about him carving a niche for himself.

Check it out!

1. bree

August 2, 2013 at 10:57 am

nice man, always loved him…forever young… may God continue to bless you and your household!

2. Lizzie

August 2, 2013 at 11:17 am

Ramsey is a great actor, his role interpretation is near impeccable… One of my faves from way back.

3. Chic

August 2, 2013 at 11:20 am

I love Ramsey more grease to his elbow! I was just admiring how casual and laid back he looked when a thought just occurred to me here is a 40 year old man wearing the same clothes (fashion wise) that a 25 year old man would wear which begs me to think had this been a female 40 year old with a fit body in a bodycon dress a la Kate Henshaw the comments of “not age appropriate” would have been all over the place #doublestandards

4. ty

August 2, 2013 at 11:42 am

y is he dressed like that?

5. light yoga

August 2, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Ramson Noauh is AFRICA no1 celebrity,NOLLYWOOD no1 star, and he’s a role model most nollywood actors, you are the best! more grace to you. And wish you all the best.

6. Ramsey is soooo hawt

August 2, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Ramsey is a fantastic actor; his interpretation of roles is flawless and comes naturally! unlike some of the bad acting that is so common in Nollywood. btw i cant believe he is 40 …he can so get it anytime any day *in Keisha from Single Ladies Voice* 😉 hehehe

7. Grace

August 2, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Ramsey Nouah,my mail man…i truly love this guy sha….am yet to see his likes in any other Naija or even Ghanaian actor. So so real in all his roles. I love u boo:)

8. Chick on fire

August 2, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Fine actor but truth be told, he’s forcing of fonetics sucks! He tries tooooo hard when talking. The male version of stephanie okereke . Now unfortunately, mike Ezuronze is trying to mimic and peak like him. Very forced and unnatural. He also sometimes forgets the character and keeps acting as ramsy. I’ve noticed this in characters he was supposed to be poor. He would midway start speaking in forced phonetics! Otherwise, a passionate and okay actor.

• NAIJA 4 LIFE

August 2, 2013 at 1:53 pm

CHECK HIS BACKGROUND, ODE, HIS FORCING OF PHONETICS NOT FONETICS

• nene

August 2, 2013 at 2:15 pm

which background abeg? did he grow up abroad. i like ramsey noah as an actor but the fake accent gets to me, and like chick on fire said, he’s like the male version of stephanie okereke, though he’s much better. mike ezuruonye also annoys me with his my-voice-must-be-deep and i-must-form-accent rubbish, and he’s not even a good actor like ramsey.

9. Leila

August 2, 2013 at 1:59 pm

@chick-on-fire. You took the words out of my mouth. He needs to relax on all the forced phonetics and be himself. Otherwise, he’s a great actor.

10. phatsimo Makgatle

August 2, 2013 at 2:33 pm

this is the man who made me fall inlove with Nollywood…. & yaa loved him always with Genevieve as a couple!!

11. Leah

August 2, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Great actor and over all a decent guy. You can tell he genuinely loves and respects what he does and it shows on the screen. I agree with Chick On Fire though the fake accent is annoying. Still love him though.

12. Let it flow...

August 2, 2013 at 3:24 pm

What a bore!

• Royalty

August 2, 2013 at 4:28 pm

lmao!

13. lara

August 2, 2013 at 3:38 pm

@ all complaining about his “forced phonetics”y don’t you hit the third mainland bridge and plunge into the lagoon. I don’t know his background but I like the fact he has been able to sustain it. Charlize Theron a South African had to study, imitate and now confidently speaks American English. so whats the big deal. @ Ramsey me like the subtle way you speak.

• ILoveGenevieve

August 2, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Charlize Theron moved to the States at 18. Ramsey is yet to live anywhere else but Nigeria.

• Iris

August 2, 2013 at 10:30 pm

But he didn’t always sound like this, plus it does sound a little forced. Besides, if Charlize Theron had to speak a different kind of English or with a different accent for Hollywood movies that’s great for her. People like Genevieve Nnaji, Joke Silva and Nkem Owoh speak and we understand them just fine. They don’t go overboard (and then FAIL) like many of these other people do

14. ko matter

August 2, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Abeg who taught this gal work. What a terrible interview and compilation….. Ramsey has my respect always

15. Flaah

August 2, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Talented actor,the reason y i watch nigerian movies..so genuine n professional.

16. Me

August 3, 2013 at 12:34 am

It’s obvious d Gal has a huge crush on him. *smile*

17. Cross when crossed

August 3, 2013 at 12:37 am

Dear Ramsey, this forcing guy accent is really bad. Sincerely, concerned fan.

18. CarliforniaBawler

August 3, 2013 at 2:22 am

Ramsey is my bestest actor in the whole world!!! #dazall

19. Derek

August 3, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Ramsey has always been good at interviews this one being no eception but off recent he has been very silent whats up? is my best nollywood star planning something big?

20. fiyin

August 4, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Ramsey cant be Africa’a No 1 naaa

21. Temi t

August 4, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Love them both 🙂

22. princess

August 5, 2013 at 9:24 am

genny is obviously the hottest chick in nollywood. ramsey ur soo right and u too is the hottest guy in nollywood.

23. francis tokpah

December 20, 2013 at 5:06 pm

I LOVE RAMSEY NOUAH BECAUSE HE ACT WALL,AND HIS ACTING SEASON WAS NORMAL,BUT FOR NOW ACTING IS BAD.

24. Sporah

May 20, 2015 at 7:22 pm

Dispite hs ‘fake accent’ hs so perfect.My celeb crush,I love hm so much.They make a great team with Genevieve Nnaji.Wish he had married her in real life.*winks*