Music

Iyanya’s “Ur Waist” & P-Square’s “Personally” get Nominated for the 2013 Soul Train Awards

Iyanya-July-2013-BellaNaija

Our stars are racking up international recognition.

Just yesterday, Wizkid and P-Square got nods for the 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards. Today, Iyanya and P-Square are nominated for another coveted award.

It’s the 2013 BET Soul Train Awards.

Yesterday, Tuesday 17th September 2013, the full list was announced.

P-Square

Iyanya’s “Ur Waist” and P-Square’s “Personally”, got nominated in the Best International Performance category.

The Nigerian music stars will go against British singer Emeli Sande for Next To Me, Trinidad and Tobago artiste Bunji Garlin for Differentology as well as Trinidad and Tobago music star Machel Montano for The Fog.

The awards show is scheduled to take place on Sunday 1st December 2013. American comedian Anthony Anderson announced on The Wendy Williams Show that he is host of the event.

A huge congrats to Iyanya and P-Square.

1. Godsluv22

September 18, 2013 at 3:48 pm

WHAT????? I’m shocked like WOWWW……This is something new from BET hope it will seen LIVE…..This is going to be a hard one for sure….Best of luck to P square & Iyanya

2. Yaw

September 18, 2013 at 3:54 pm

BN Should apologize for this belated news!

3. xari

September 18, 2013 at 4:04 pm

please where are the voting oooo…. let me run and vote for our own quickly.

4. Gistyinka Blog

September 18, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Congrats to you guys…

5. Concerned_Boyfriend

September 18, 2013 at 6:15 pm

@Godsluv22, What is going to be hard ?? .As far I’m concerned, their nomination (iyanya and P-Square) are merely fillers in that category. Unless you’re living under rock, then you’d say they stand a chance against Emeli Sande.

6. reena

September 18, 2013 at 7:27 pm

@concerned-boyfriend hater much? the fact is dat dey got nominated over a lot ofv other artist in a lot of countries so good luck 2 dem

• Godsluv22

September 18, 2013 at 9:39 pm

God bless you ohhh……That person for some unknown reason didn’t get……SMH

7. Ib

September 19, 2013 at 12:39 am

Uhmmmm..”Ur waist”….really BET?In as much as I would like to be proud of my own but c’mon now,…ur “waste” is just not it.Everytime I listen to that song,i just feel like Iyanya spent not more than 2hrs in the studio making that song…very scrunyo. Upon ALL the songs in Africa/by Africans.hmmmm….#letthetruthsetusfree

8. goody

September 19, 2013 at 12:55 am

Congrates guys. I wish you guys the best men

9. Concerned_Boyfriend

September 19, 2013 at 3:44 am

Good luck to them for the nomination. Please don’t misconstrue my post as hate. Any international artist pitted against Emeli Sande is a filler in my opinion. Unless you want to deceive yourself and inflate your ego, which I’ll gladly oblige you but we all know what a real competition is like. Those 2 don’t stand a chance in hell against Emeli. POINT, BLANK, PERIOD!..

10. tusheghe

September 19, 2013 at 7:18 am

Huge one for them, and I wish them all the best

11. itsurboi

September 19, 2013 at 10:46 am

Big boiz!! Congrats to ’em

12. darry

September 19, 2013 at 4:49 pm

They stand no chance against Emeli Sande!!!! she is huge all over the world.

13. ademola taiwo

September 20, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I love psquare wit all my life. I wish them goodluck may god be wit them and provide for them. More more more. And me too. I love u peter and paul okoye. A lot of kisses and hugs to u guys.

14. emmyyoung

September 22, 2013 at 2:04 pm

i pray yhu guys will compete and come out with flying colour,,,,,,the sky z ur starting point my two dearie…[email protected] SQUARE

15. Joe

September 23, 2013 at 7:07 pm

P-square d ogas at d top of other ogas, pls u guys shuld bring dis award home 4 me oo!